What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Fashion Bag

124»

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    It would be nice if you could reclaim any of your fashions that have been put into your collections list. (For people who trashed things to make space)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    rhaknalmrhaknalm Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    would it be possible to add dye preview to the game?, i spend so much ad just buying random dye's to see if i like them, would be cool to be able to preview the dye before hand, just like previewing armor and such.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    uimaven said:

OK, folks, we really do listen to you and read your posts. We've redesigned how the fashion bag works as a direct result of your comments on this thread.

Thank You. I know I appreciate it. :)

• Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    uimaven said:

OK, folks, we really do listen to you and read your posts. We've redesigned how the fashion bag works as a direct result of your comments on this thread.

While it's still the case that only fashion items can go into this new bag, fashion items will *ALSO* be able to go into your regular inventory. When you get a new fashion item, the system will try to put it into your fashion bag first, and if there's no room it will try to put it into your regular inventory. Only if your regular inventory is also full will the item go into your overflow bag.

When the Fashion Bag goes live, we won’t be moving any of your fashion items automatically. It’s up to you to make use of all this new closet space. So if you have 100 fashion items in your inventory right now, you will still have 100 fashion item in your inventory. You'll be able to free up 24 inventory or bank slots, though, by moving 24 fashion items into the Fashion Bag.

This news is... fantastic! Unless I'm missing something, this should solve all the concerns that have been voiced. I wasn't sure how practical having items that could live in multiple tabs would be, but this is nice.

On a side note, I wonder if something similar could be done to allow profession items to go into the shared bank so they could be transferred between characters without having to mail them.
    uimaven said:

We've also read your comments about transmute items, and changing that system is on our Big List Of Things To Redesign. But we want to do it right, which means we'll have to do it when we have the time and resources to do it right, which is not M13.

That's understandable and I'm glad to hear it's definitely on the radar and being looked at carefully. When the time does come, I hope you consider turning transmutes into skins (similar to the mount stable) that can then be applied any number of times without being used up.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    Many thanks.
    DD~
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    uimaven said:

Much appreciated! Thanks!

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Now, this change + a nice big fluffy discount on fashion slots when this goes live.... and I'll be very happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8EFVDq0crs
  • Options
    duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    uimaven said:

While it's still the case that only fashion items can go into this new bag, fashion items will *ALSO* be able to go into your regular inventory. When you get a new fashion item, the system will try to put it into your fashion bag first, and if there's no room it will try to put it into your regular inventory. Only if your regular inventory is also full will the item go into your overflow bag.

When the Fashion Bag goes live, we won’t be moving any of your fashion items automatically. It’s up to you to make use of all this new closet space. So if you have 100 fashion items in your inventory right now, you will still have 100 fashion item in your inventory. You'll be able to free up 24 inventory or bank slots, though, by moving 24 fashion items into the Fashion Bag.

We've also read your comments about transmute items, and changing that system is on our Big List Of Things To Redesign. But we want to do it right, which means we'll have to do it when we have the time and resources to do it right, which is not M13.

I'm impressed by this positive turnaround!

PS : After feedback, the next step is releasing enough information for working beforehand with users. Keep this good direction!
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    The changes to the fashion items so they can go in the main inventory, fashion bag or bank is now in Preview. Please let us know if it seems right. Enjoy!
  • Options
    miasmat said:

The changes to the fashion items so they can go in the main inventory, fashion bag or bank is now in Preview. Please let us know if it seems right. Enjoy!

Thank You
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    The fashion outfit is tied to the gear loadout, so you can make your PvP loadout your pirate outfit, if that helps.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Well, that's a good looking change for fashion items... and since we're on the bag topic, could you please tag quest items for the "usefull items" bag too? That would be really helpfull.

Thank you for all the QoL improvements and listening to us players, keep up the good work.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    regenerde said:

Well, that's a good looking change for fashion items... and since we're on the bag topic, could you please tag quest items for the "usefull items" bag too? That would be really helpfull.

I know it's off the topic, but this would be really nice, finally. Reclaimed RD items that live in your inventory forever are obvious, but really *all* of the gold-bordered quest items should go into the useful items tab. Doing that doesn't meaningfully increase inventory space, but it does make inventory management more consistent without quest item space spikes.

• Options
    adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    A certain MMO we all HAMSTER know and HAMSTER loathe (Star Wars The Old Republic), has one and only one redeeming feature working in its favor: Collections.

Its simple: unlock an item in a character's collections and you can reclaim that item indefinitely. Pay a one-time Cartel Coins Fee and you can unlock that character's item in collections to make it claimable account-wide on any character created.

And so... what if Neverwinter's Collections were tweaked so that a character can reclaim an item unlocked in collections and ZEN could be used to unlock that item account-wide? And what if that feature was platform agnostic so that all unlocks linked strictly to Arc accounts to bypass the limitations of PC, X-Box One and PS4?

Unlock it with ZEN once, use it everywhere.

Can it be done?
  • Options
    fealinchiron#3250 fealinchiron Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Pardon, just in reference to how the dyes might be handled. Would it be easy to make them into a currency like you did the rp?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Making them currency occurred to me too, but how would they be used between characters? I guess making them an account-wide currency would work, but I wonder how practical it is. There really doesn't seem to be much reason to keep dyes as physical items though.
  • Options
    So how many different dyes are there? The trade bar vendor has more than 20. How would the curency keep track of each different die color or combo? Seems like you would need to track a different "currency slot" for each die, yes?

For me, this is one of those ideas that might sound good at first, but I really do not think having a list of more than 20 new "curency slots" added is the answer.
  • Options
    duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User

For me, this is one of those ideas that might sound good at first, but I really do not think having a list of more than 20 new "curency slots" added is the answer.

I understand the dye currency as a mean to buy the dye directly during the dying process.
    Parallel to that, dyes are to be unlocked through another process : quests/profession/AD/zen/...
  • Options

I understand the dye currency as a mean to buy the dye directly during the dying process....

Isn't that what you have now with the trade bars? Maybe I really misunderstood the comment about shifting dyes to currency. :-/

• Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Not that this has anything to do with fashion bags, but since I don't really care about that, I would suggest that once you acquire a dye, that color is unlocked for you on your color palette and then you could apply it with a stackable consumable (or just for a charge) whenever you wanted to use it

Yes, this is a blatant rip-off of GW2, but they did have the best fashion set-up I've ever seen
  • Options

Not that this has anything to do with fashion bags, but since I don't really care about that, I would suggest that once you acquire a dye, that color is unlocked for you on your color palette and then you could apply it with a stackable consumable (or just for a charge) whenever you wanted to use it

Yes, this is a blatant rip-off of GW2, but they did have the best fashion set-up I've ever seen

Ah I like this idea. Nice way to handle it.