test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Fashion Bag

Comments

• Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User

One thing I noticed that will cause people with little or no VIP problem, is that there are places where you can't move to another area if your overflow bag is not empty. I transferred a character that was in the Moonstone tavern and when I tried to move to Protector's Enclave to put stuff into the bank I couldn't do that because of the overflow bag. That is really bad

Would you be able to mail items to yourself if that happens or "trade" something to a trusted friend to make room?

Just thinking ahead if that happens to me.

• Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    The concept of a fashion TAB is welcome. However the "overflow issue" is a pain

It would be nice if we could manually add fashion to the TAB at the fashion tab release.

. I've multiple waterdhavian,sunite fashions,golden pantaloons etc that have been stored on fashion alts, for sale in the auction house. Having these multiple items automatically shifted to a TAB rendering them unsalable is imo an unwanted consequence.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    I don't keep much fashion, because I need the bag space for other things. So for me this update is great, because I don't have to discard stuff anymore. I might even try to get event fashion now. But the main reason I mostly don't use fashion aside the space issue is that my gear is hidden when I switch to fashion and it annoys me too much to switch back and forth.
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2018

One thing I noticed that will cause people with little or no VIP problem, is that there are places where you can't move to another area if your overflow bag is not empty. I transferred a character that was in the Moonstone tavern and when I tried to move to Protector's Enclave to put stuff into the bank I couldn't do that because of the overflow bag. That is really bad

Would you be able to mail items to yourself if that happens or "trade" something to a trusted friend to make room?

Just thinking ahead if that happens to me.

No, unless you already have enough space in your vault you will be unable to use your freshly vacant bag slots (even to transfer items *from* the vault to your inventory to make room for the fashion overflow) because game coding disallows you move anything to your inventory if you have even one item in overflow.

The only way to prevent this is to move all fashion over 24 into your vault before the change goes live. If you have more fashion than bank slots, you have to buy space or discard your fashion.
  • Options
    danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    My only issue is that fashion is not exclusive to fashion. There are a lot of transmutes i wish i could pair with fashion items and vice versa. Don't know how you'd fix that, but it wouldn't be a quick or easy fix.
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Speaking of transmutes, when are we getting the old ones back? 12 mil for greywolf breastplate on AH is just insane.
  • Options
    r000kie said:

vattara said:

Having these multiple items automatically shifted to a TAB rendering them unsalable is imo an unwanted consequence.

I would want a clarification on this, too. Cannot use the preview server right now due to HDD space constraints (cannot update, need 11Gb), but can someone tell me what will happen with an unbound fashion item? Is automatically moved to fashion tab? Can be sold to AH from there?
    Wait a second, did they say items that are in the fashion tab are auto bound or are you guys just thinking it will?

• Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    miasmat said:

Nothing will change about the bound flags when items move to your fashion tab. So if you could have sold them while they were in your main inventory, you'll still be able to sell them from your fashion bag.

This is VERY welcome news. Thanks for the clarification :smile:

• Options
    miasmat said:

Nothing will change about the bound flags when items move to your fashion tab. So if you could have sold them while they were in your main inventory, you'll still be able to sell them from your fashion bag.

Thank you. I figured you would have clearly stated something like that if it was changing.
  • Options
    lilly#3562 lilly Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i was excited about this, until i thought hang on a minute, we paid for companion slots and if the fashion is going to be now using the companions tab shouldnt we have the same number of slots stay in there for our fashion?
  • Options

i was excited about this, until i thought hang on a minute, we paid for companion slots and if the fashion is going to be now using the companions tab shouldnt we have the same number of slots stay in there for our fashion?

I do not think you are going to lose companion slots, they will just be accessed through the companion tab the way the idle mounts are accessed through the mount tab. At least that is how I understand it.

• Options
    aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    You don't lose companion slots and the fashion bag isn't "taking" those slots. The companions have been moved to be integrated into the character UI similar to the mounts. All your companion slots are still there with all your companions exactly how they are now with the same number of available slots that you currently have, it's just in a different place.

Thanks for posting the Zen cost for additional fashion items, although I do have to wonder at how you came up with 12 for 250? You can currently buy 8 companion slots for 100 so an additional 1.5 for 4 slots for a fashion item seems a little... well high to be honest. The discrepancy for space just seems odd.
    I'm hoping I won't need to buy too many additional slots just to store what I currently have but I suppose that needs to wait until the final starting number is finalized.
  • Options
    uimaven said:

Your Fashion Bag is a new tab on your inventory window, which replaces your "Idle Companions" bag (Idle Companions are now accessible from the Companions UI only).

This is from the first post on this thread. The italics are added by me to show the reason I believe you are not going to lose anything. They are just changing how you get to it. But I am sure they will be able to confirm what I suspect it the case. :)

• Options
    chazidrezchazidrez Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So...we were sold Idle Companion slots for Zen, now those are going away so they can sell us Closet Space slots for Zen?

Does anyone else see a problem here?
  • Options
    aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    chazidrez said:

So...we were sold Idle Companion slots for Zen, now those are going away so they can sell us Closet Space slots for Zen?

For the third time... THEY ARE NOT GOING AWAY. The idle companion slots are moving to a different place as part of the character/companion/mount/powers/boons UI. I checked on multiple characters on the preview shard. I'm assuming you'll still be able to buy more idle companion slots since it shows I have a few available slots left on my main toon which will get filled with the new ones next mod. When those spaces run out I'll buy more.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

Thank you all for the feedback!

How many fashion items do you usually have in your inventory? (Not including your bank.) I'm interested if anyone keeps multiple bags worth of fashion in their inventory as @thestia seems to do? How many fashion items do you want to have access to in between bank visits?

Just as an fyi: fashion items are a bit of a "heavier" item data wise as they can be changed by the player with dyes as opposed to mount skins for example.

This fashion bag is a small step toward helping players improve their ability to personalize their character's look. We certainly have spoken about more robust systems, but it will more likely be incremental improvements as we show the success of each addition. My point is: don't be discouraged if the element you want is not here, but do let us know what additions you would like to see in the future.

maybe check the tarmalune trade bar shop and the collection to see how many a player can get in total, i dont know the total of fashion items available in game.
  • Options
    chazidrez said:

No Problem. You just need to learn to access the slots from the Companion tab rather than the invintory tab. Not a major issue in my mind. You still have what you paid for.

• Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    There seems to be a lot of speculation on the part of some players about this or that in association with the fashion tab, it also appears developers are trying to explain the mechanics, sometimes repeatedly, because not everyone takes the time or trouble to read previous posts...

I think I'll just wait until the general public roll out actually happens before I say too much, hopefully many of the possible 'bugs' will have been worked out by then.
  • Options
    chidion said:

I think I'll just wait until the general public roll out actually happens before I say too much, hopefully many of the possible 'bugs' will have been worked out by then.

Good Idea. They could change how it works on the test servers or how they explain it while it is in testing. Once the finalize the mod and roll it out they could do it differently.

• Options
    duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User

They could change how it works on the test servers or how they explain it while it is in testing. Once the finalize the mod and roll it out they could do it differently.

Except they will not, as it cost time to fix a bug enhance a feature.

It's not that the developers don't want to do a good work, it's they can't. They are like everyone, they have managers and those need "results" evaluated in some wicked strange ways. It look like Cryptic policies see that informing us users is already a waste of time, so why would they waste even more time for fixing things in a good way?

In traditional industry when you make your customer pay again for something they already paid (here bag space), common sense would at least make the company refund the customer (in some ways) with a word of apology.

However in these 'new industries' we are "users", we aren't "customers".

A bit off topik: About how it links to toxicity:

I remember having stumbled upon some 'obvious to reality' dev's complaining about web toxicity especially personal attacks, lol?
    They can complain, yes! But at their management, not at toxicity.

In traditional industry, if you "fix" your customer enjoyment, he can ask for a refund, then call upon law trials, then directly "fix" (especially the front teeth). Then police put everyone in jail.
    => lose-lose
    (Brained people talk it out to become a => win-win)

In new industry, if you "fix" your user enjoyment, he can ask for a refund (denied of service), then complain (ignored as a service), produce toxic talks (censored, banned). Then police put only the user in jail for slander/defamation.
    => lose-win
    Some will say the company "fame" will take a blow...
    If the blow is really serious, it just cost some ad for 1/6 month and then rope even more users with a newest, cleanest name! If the blow is disastrous just blow the company, crash all services and create another one.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I think the recent refinement change was a result of players complaining that the existing refinement method was too confusing, took up too much bag space hording for 2X refinement events and such...

Granted it took a loooong time, but eventually it was changed and in my personal opinion to be much better than it was formerly.

Saying the developers won't change things if there appears to be a problem is simply conjecture at this point and as I said:
    chidion said:

of if not by then, not too far in the future.

• Options
    To be honest, this is a test server for a reason, they want our feedback. While I would hope feedback I give is done in a respectful way, I feel I am doing what they asked of me when I offer my opinions and feedback.

Do they listen? I think so. Do they make all the changes I want? nope. Is that OK? Sure it is. They asked for feedback and then they elect what to do with it. To wait until the release to begin to offer feedback seems counter to what the Devs have asked for.

Of course that is just my opinion. :)

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I was totally IMPRESSED when I downloaded PREVIEW on Monday and found the FASHION tab before reading this note. I think it's a GREAT addition to those who have several fashion outfits they like to regularly wear; and a nice way to even expand with additional fashion slots available from the CSTORE.

Still I think my BIGGEST surprise was the FIX to the COLLECTIONS tab. <3 I first reported the title didn't align with the collection being shown below almost 2-3 years ago and over the years had reported it at least on several occasions in both the forums and in game BUG REPORTS yet never once did I finally ever see it fixed or corrected.

That was until now so I'm HUGELY EXCITED by this development; I just wish some well reported game bugs like this just didn't take so long to correct especially UI issues.
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but it would be great if dye could be included in what can go into that pack. Even if we have to put that in manually, at least we could store it out of our inventory :) Thanks for this! It will be helpful.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I have 69 fashion items
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!