What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: M13 Scourge Warlock Changes

Comments

• naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Or give Warlocks Bargain a "piercing heal" ability, premitigated healing :D
    like that you can eagalize SoD... if you find that TR
    At least PVP community would have something to discuss that way. Warlock is said to be linked with lifesteal but got punished all that , Tempt. capstone, powers like WB, wich simlpy kill you to some degree.

WB could really use a piercing healing component. Also the reflected damage could very well be piercing as well.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Fury was always less of a leader than other SW paths, which makes sense because it really is mostly about killing stuff and gravitated towards using personal damage output-boosting feats/powers, but a cursory look at Damnation and Temptation should tell you that the intent for a striker with leader (as a secondary role) for the SW was always there.

Damnation has feats like Siphoning Curse and Power of the Nine Hells, and because it relies on the Soul Puppet for a fraction of its DPS output it has a predisposition towards slotting more supportive encounter powers like Dreadtheft which increases everyone's DPS (including the Soul Puppet's and the damnlock's). Temptation has always had a sort of identity crisis because it was not a very good leader and not a very good striker either, unless you count instances like mid-late mod5 where everyone was so overpowered in comparison to content that it didn't matter.

The weird thing is that the character creation description for the SW doesn't tell any of you this, and is pretty much a blatant lie anyway.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    tyrtallow said:

Fury was always less of a leader than other SW paths, which makes sense because it really is mostly about killing stuff and gravitated towards using personal damage output-boosting feats/powers, but a cursory look at Damnation and Temptation should tell you that the intent for a striker with leader (as a secondary role) for the SW was always there.

Damnation has feats like Siphoning Curse and Power of the Nine Hells, and because it relies on the Soul Puppet for a fraction of its DPS output it has a predisposition towards slotting more supportive encounter powers like Dreadtheft which increases everyone's DPS (including the Soul Puppet's and the damnlock's). Temptation has always had a sort of identity crisis because it was not a very good leader and not a very good striker either, unless you count instances like mid-late mod5 where everyone was so overpowered in comparison to content that it didn't matter.

The weird thing is that the character creation description for the SW doesn't tell any of you this, and is pretty much a blatant lie anyway.

dreadtheft is a power can use for any paths of sw if wish debuff of course use that is for debuff not have much dps actually damnation not have feats interact how powers that have curse synergy so damnlocks lost much part of dps become be a temptation but minus. The really change its make dps trees be really dps not because a tree of sw not do dps automatycal become be support (overal if not have any feat for that and powers can use for that any path use as well ) sw need more selfbuffs use determined powers for fury that interact determined feats for selfbuff, need more interaction damnation feats with powers that increase damage for use powers debuff and feats debuff interact powers damage

• finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Just stop posting. No point in posting since the devs going to change things the way they like or want anyway. Also jump on different class or quit the game like i did. They destroyed SW and now we have to wait 10 years until SW is fixed/buffed. When it comes to bugs/glitches (such as sahha ball) that will cost cryptic money, they will fixed it within 1hour but since sw isn't that important... it will take them 10+ years.

R.i.p SW.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User

Just stop posting. No point in posting since the devs going to change things the way they like or want anyway. Also jump on different class or quit the game like i did. They destroyed SW and now we have to wait 10 years until SW is fixed/buffed. When it comes to bugs/glitches (such as sahha ball) that will cost cryptic money, they will fixed it within 1hour but since sw isn't that important... it will take them 10+ years.

R.i.p SW.

Ok, so if you quit the game then you would do well quit coming here posting your ongoing pessimism with zero constructive feedback at all. For your information nobody had posted in about 2 full days when you posted the quoted post above. Some people see the opportunity to try and improve things. Yes, it might be a lot of work for us with not as much result as we had hoped, but not everything will be served on a silver plate. At least devs want to try and improve things.

You are not doing yourself nor any other any good by coming back here posting your negativity.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

R.i.p SW.

If it wasn't for us posting we would be missing in mod 13:

- the 20% damage boost for teammates against targets cursed by templock (suggested by Natsu)
    - more damage bonus from Creeping Death suggested by @werdandi#8366 and me.
    - PoP no longer needing Po9H in order to buff teammates damage by 18%, worth having a loadout for static/less hektic fights, I pointed out to the dev there was a detail he wasn't aware of that if unaddressed would have made PoP buff teammates by %6 less.

+ other things I don't remember now and, while SW needs way more tweaks, it was worth posting a lot for, doing anything other than suggesting changes/tweaks is pointless.
    @balanced#2849
    Is the extra 15% creeping death coming from an extra tick or are the current ones being increased, keeping the same duration?
    edited November 2017

@balanced#2849
    Is the extra 15% creeping death coming from an extra tick or are the current ones being increased, keeping the same duration?

I believe the bonus damage from Creeping Death is gonna work the same way, just based of 75% rather than 60%. An extra tick would be terrible, CD already takes quite a bit of time to deal full damage like for making it take even longer.
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    @balanced#2849
    I´d like to get a hint, if the last word is spoken concerning warlock´s changes and mod 13 ?
    It would be fair to get that affirmation. That´s no pessismism, just a friendly request.

@balanced#2849

I believe the bonus damage from Creeping Death is gonna work the same way, just based of 75% rather than 60%. An extra tick would be terrible, CD already takes quite a bit of time to deal full damage like for making it take even longer.
    Hope so. I'd rather it be 3 ticks 25% actually. Hope over experience.
    edited November 2017
    None of the changes seem to have made it to preview so far so who knows, they might be listening. An open line of communication would be nice though. We really need to know where they stand on the direction the class is going, at least.
    Not even sure about those Rocktober fixes, a lot of stuff is still broken and even Creeping Death still has weird interactions with certain powers/feats.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
    edited November 2017
    @balanced

Please consider tweaking PoP so allies can step out of it wihout losing the buff, make this a feature that doesn't require Power of the Nine Hells and consider giving that damnation feat a new effect lile buffing puppet damage/summoming am extra puppet (so Damnlocks could have 2 perma soulpuppets)

Also, please compare your tweaked version of Killing Curse vs Thorned Roots, Fire of the Gods and Jagged Blades... it is far too underpowered, it will still underperform way too much. SW weapon damage isn't high to begin with so why other classes get those powerful % weapon damage feats while we get such an awfully underpowered one? It should be made based on at least 100% weapon damage and scaling, just, again, compare your tweaked version vs the aforementioned feats from other classes (and consider the fact Jagged Blades, thanks to bugtober fixes, will proc on all targets if procced by aoe powers). If you make it at least 100% weapon damage and let PoP buff people by 5 secs when they step out of it without being forced to take Power of the Nine Hells, then SW will take a step in the right direction towards balance vs other damage dealers.

While it is cool that PoP will no longer need to be feated to Po9H to buff allies by 18%, it will still be mandatory feat for consistency's sake, I know if I'd be on my GF making a group for endgame content and would have to 2 choose between 2 warlocks (and assuming they have the right gear rotations etc) I'd leave the Po9H-less SW out every single time for consitency and perfomance's sake, instatly losing PoP buff when stepping out of pillar is, at least for me, unacepptable.
    edited November 2017

Hey guys,

• Murderous Flames: Letting this affect more (fire) powers is a cool idea
    • In general, I (personally) don't think feat points that only affect 1 or 2 powers (yes, darkness included) are healthy for gameplay. There are some spots where it works, such as Paragon feats, but things like Murderous Flames being locked into Killing Flames basically means you have to use that power for your current build.
    • Soul Desecration: I think this capstone doesn't offer enough of a damage boost for being a capstone, the idea of two soul puppets is neat - but I would rather one soul puppet be really meaningful.
    • Power of the Nine Hells: I agree that this feat is still particularly strong, which means it was ridiculously powerful before-hand. For now, it's in a better place than it was before, but I think you at least have a bit more of an option - even if most would prefer to support their group by taking it.
    • Pillar of Power: The radius on this power is currently 13', which I think is pretty big, but I understand the frustration of having to constantly move (whether to a splat, or re-positioning yourself) and having to replace it.
    • Dark Revelry: I'll be looking into the power share for this feat. I know that Devoted Clerics and Oathbound Paladins both share their own power, so this works a bit differently. That said, it would be a rather large buff, so no guarantees on a change here (for the time being).
    Po9H is currently taken to buff allies for sure. But with the change, even if you don't need it to buff allies, every HB SW will take Po9H to make sure they get 100% uptime on the buff for themselves first, and on others as a consequence. If the pillar moved with the SW I could see a situation in which only the thoughtful SW would take it. As the changes stand, it will probably be 99.87% of the SW taking it. I would suggest this feat increased PoP damage and/or added an extra buff to the puppet hitting targets inside the pillar, or added an investiture stack for every 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 seconds the puppet is inside a pillar, thus becoming a more damnation oriented feat. Or at the very least give the PoP buff a base duration of 2 seconds when out of the pillar.

On the puppet I'd rather have one more powerful as you say than two of them. You could look into increasing the cap on investiture stacks for the capstone probably. Also, could you make it easier to visualize them? A visual change to the puppet as the stacks increase would be cool. Make the puppet as big as Valindra at max stacks. Would probably be fun to see that.

Thanks for taking a look at all the suggestions.

P.S.: Nice change on the eldritch momentum.
    edited November 2017
    @balanced#2849

Edit:

Moved info to previous page, as this was a duplicated post it has been deleted.
    edited November 2017
    The shift in focus of proposed changes is promising, the direction these changes are taking is a bit more meaningful now. As long as we keep on this road then things should start looking up for the SW.
    edited November 2017

Hey guys,

• Murderous Flames: Letting this affect more (fire) powers is a cool idea
    • In general, I (personally) don't think feat points that only affect 1 or 2 powers (yes, darkness included) are healthy for gameplay. There are some spots where it works, such as Paragon feats, but things like Murderous Flames being locked into Killing Flames basically means you have to use that power for your current build.
    • Soul Desecration: I think this capstone doesn't offer enough of a damage boost for being a capstone, the idea of two soul puppets is neat - but I would rather one soul puppet be really meaningful.
    • Power of the Nine Hells: I agree that this feat is still particularly strong, which means it was ridiculously powerful before-hand. For now, it's in a better place than it was before, but I think you at least have a bit more of an option - even if most would prefer to support their group by taking it.
    • Pillar of Power: The radius on this power is currently 13', which I think is pretty big, but I understand the frustration of having to constantly move (whether to a splat, or re-positioning yourself) and having to replace it.
    • Dark Revelry: I'll be looking into the power share for this feat. I know that Devoted Clerics and Oathbound Paladins both share their own power, so this works a bit differently. That said, it would be a rather large buff, so no guarantees on a change here (for the time being).
    Po9H is currently taken to buff allies for sure. But with the change, even if you don't need it to buff allies, every HB SW will take Po9H to make sure they get 100% uptime on the buff for themselves first, and on others as a consequence. If the pillar moved with the SW I could see a situation in which only the thoughtful SW would take it. As the changes stand, it will probably be 99.87% of the SW taking it. I would suggest this feat increased PoP damage and/or added an extra buff to the puppet hitting targets inside the pillar, or added an investiture stack for every 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 seconds the puppet is inside a pillar, thus becoming a more damnation oriented feat. Or at the very least give the PoP buff a base duration of 2 seconds when out of the pillar.

On the puppet I'd rather have one more powerful as you say than two of them. You could look into increasing the cap on investiture stacks for the capstone probably. Also, could you make it easier to visualize them? A visual change to the puppet as the stacks increase would be cool. Make the puppet as big as Valindra at max stacks. Would probably be fun to see that.

Thanks for taking a look at all the suggestions.

P.S.: Nice change on the eldritch momentum.
    yes visualize a puppet buffed (may be more great, illumined like dark flare or more darkness) also move soul investures to bar buff selfcharacter make more easily trak down.

Actually puppet its very pour DPS increase cap max staks soul investures and can gain thats staks while puppet stand up pilar of power i belive its sound good solve
    Post edited by darkan#3756 on
    also can considerer tweked some feats damnation like siphoning curse and relentless curse are really unusless
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Since u wanna avoid feats being tied to powers, y not proc darkness off of any necrotic damage and murderous flames can proc off of any fire damage? Also for eldritch movement, y not make it a passive grp feat that inceases ur allies speed and on daily use a reduction of encounter cooldowns based off of ur lifesteal chance so 15% life steal would proc for a 15% reduction on wat ur cooldowns are on so it could help since templocks heal through encounters, could be a grp or self buff feat for the cooldowns @balanced#2849
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    @balanced#2849 I think some feats in the Fury tree need to be buffed and/or fixed. and like @eclipseblood#1326 said about the MF feat proccing off of any fire power. I think that idea is good. Also from what I've seen and alot other SWs as well, is the MF feat underperforming. It needs to be fixed if u havent done so yet.. Some ppl reported that AOE dmg for MF feat is dealing around 12% instead of the 30% it should be dealing to foes around the target. Maybe the last 3 tiers of MF isnt working at all but im not 100% sure of that.
    > @merhunesdagon1 said:
    > @balanced#2849 I think some feats in the Fury tree need to be buffed and/or fixed. and like @eclipseblood#1326 said about the MF feat proccing off of any fire power. I think that idea is good. Also from what I've seen and alot other SWs as well, is the MF feat underperforming. It needs to be fixed if u havent done so yet.. Some ppl reported that AOE dmg for MF feat is dealing around 12% instead of the 30% it should be dealing to foes around the target. Maybe the last 3 tiers of MF isnt working at all but im not 100% sure of that.

Think in bugtober it was mentioned that murderous flames was getting x2 mitigated and that was fixed( not live yet)
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    @balanced#2849,

Lesser curse:
    Is there is way to check what is base chance to proc lesser curse..
    Without All consuming curse class feature is legendary achievement to proc lesser curse. While I think Lesser curse should be more active within SW combats..

=======================================================================

Harrowstorm and darkness
    Lets talk about this encounters downsides..

Harrowstorm curse synergy - Curse Synergy: Applying a Warlock's Curse to the main target while Harrowstorm is active will surge the storm, Knocking the target into the air and leaving them Prone, but ending Harrowstorm.

1) You can't curse on target affected by harrowstorm, because thats lead to CC element which cancel encounter..
    Curse = 20% damage increase and you have to skip it.... Bad trade off..

2) slow casting - this encounter require you to stand still, but it's casting time is way too long.

3) if primary target dies = encounter got canceled. Waste of tome to try use on trashes, and bad when comes to proc Life steal...

4) do not provide any defensive values.. Blades of Vanquished Armies grant 20% deflect when its active. Also you can cast this encounter while run, even when using shadow slip...

5) warlock have just 3 encounter slots.
    Most temptation warlocks are hellbringers, means Pillar of Power will be used by default.. means 2 slots remain. and when you have to pick Blades of Vanquished Armies or Harrowstorm.. BoVA better option.

So sadly truth, but harrowstorm require reworking.
    ================================================================

Murderous flame - seems everyone like this idea.. :)
    Anyways.. When I wrote that idea, I have in mind, to enchant couple powers.
    Daily power: Flames of Phlegethos
    At will: Eldritch Blast.
    And then latter through about fiery bolt, and other encounters...

At will: Eldritch Blast. is viable until you unlock Essence Defiler(SB) and Hellish rebuke(HB).
    After that this at will become useless. Even if it's third hit is AoE, dealt damage is bad, also proc creeping death or flame of empowerment class feature or build up soul sparks is too slow..
    With murderous flames, each hit would become AoE, and 30% of dealt dmg will split to other enemies. So more quicker build up soul sparks, or build up Creeping death stacks.

With Daily power: Flames of Phlegethos also is kinda problem..
    It's slow daily power, it's aoe, even it's radius is small.. So with murderous flames it would become great when comes single target fights. Which would 30% increase....
    ========================================================

Soul Desecration - two soul puppets.

The idea in generally is simple.
    Damnations soul puppet can be insane strong, but it will still lags behind due it's speed and also because puppet can engage only single target at once. The time duration between puppet kill one target and move to other is too big. In single target fights yes it's good, but when come multiple targets damnation lags way behind. And this is main reason why no one pick damnation tree.
    With 2 soul puppets at same time = means you engage multiple targets, and when fight single one you get increased performance.. Two soul puppets hitting have more chance to proc- Burning Puppets. Plus even if one soul puppet dies, you have second other one and keep Warding Spirits and Ghastly Commander feats enabled. Which brings extra benefits.
    And also. 2 soul puppets would cover more area = Spiritfire become more beneficial.

But also had idea which forgot to write here, to keep single soul puppet, but slightly enchant how it do fight.

It would be: Soul Desecration - soul puppet get shadow step,(teleport) behind foe. Once target got killed, it would spawn jump(teleport) to other foe and so one.. When all dead, it would teleport back to warlock..

In addition: In combat mode, Soul Puppet would have chance to apply minor debuff toward enemies by x radius around soul puppet.

Such changes would make damnation more viable....
    ============================================================

Pillar of Power + Power Of Nine Hells.

This is your reworked PoNH feat.
    Power of the Nine Hells now only causes the buff applied by Pillar of Power to last an additional 1/2/3/4/5 seconds. Pillar of Power (by itself) now grants allies the exact same buff as 5/5 points in Power of the Nine Hells would now.

So if I understood it correctly, thats mean feat itself only let buff last ~5s, when players leave Pillar of power effect area.
    And thats including warlock himself. Which is not so good..

My proposal would be:

Buff applied by Pillar of Power to last an additional 1/2/3/4/5 seconds. ( for warlock only).

While Power of Nine Hells: Allies receive Pillar of Power buff: 15/30/45/50/75 (15% per rank), in additionally last 1/2/3/4/5 second.

What such changes would grant..

For full dps focused warlock.. He would not spend 10 feat points for damnation tree and spend them to enchant own damage further.
    Or he can choose to pick feat and share Pillar of Power buff with allies..

Such change make feat more optional than requirement..

======================================================

Dark revelry - power sharing..
    In some sense I like this idea.. But there is one kinda tricky thing.. To get best effect with such change would need for SW to have max power. And thats mean skip resist ignorance, which mean reducing dealt damage which lead to lower healing..

DC power sharing is good, because DC can ignore Crit, Armor penetration values and go full power. While templock can't do that..
    But I would like to see how it would look like in action and mostly in multiple scenarios.

=======================================================

Eldritch Momentum: What if not combine both your proposals in one?

Eldritch Momentum to grant 1/2/3/4/5% stamina when hit, but keep the Combat Advantage proc on daily usage.
    Using a daily power increases Stamina Regen of nearby allies by 4/8/12/16/20%

Stamina recovery 1~5% is for warlock himself alone. with Daily power you restore allies stamina.. Thats more reasonable to restore allies stamina in combat.

Combat advantage is good idea, but I don't think it would be good.
    Last time testers did checking, they noted that Combat advantage in current NWO modules are almost worthless. I have 2000 CA with my warlock.. When I remove artifact and keep with 1200 CA, I don't feel any difference at all. So unless it's glitch/bug within CA mechanic or simply it's not worth to use this CA at all..

And if you still would prefer CA, sure we could add line:
    On usage daily powers: Grant allies 4/5/6/7/8% CA.
    =====================================================

And now extras. Vampiric embrace..
    With your reworked Warlocks bargain encounter, I think VE encounter lost its value..
    So my proposal would be: Curse synergy would now grant damage increase, 5% per rank (5/10/15/20) with duration. 2s per rank. (2/4/6/8).

With soul Bonding feat(templock) interaction with VE you would be able spread that buff to allies.

And I think it's better way than players try aim foes who are affected by templocks curse.
    Also it would be better when comes fighting groups of foes.
    =============================

And now extras..
    Just for fun,, what do you think about revising warlocks ability score formula.

Our main ability Score is CHA which grant 1% . Critical Chance. Combat Advantage damage and Companion stat bonus

Our secondaries
    INT - 1% Resistance Ignored, Recharge Speed ,
    CON -1%Damage bonus, Stamina Regeneration.

Also warlocks heroic feat: Blood Pact of Cania -Increases the amount of bonus damage Constitution gives you by 1/2/3/4/5%.

So as you can see, warlock is slow in casting and casting, so INT is very important, but Bonus Damage is also very important,.
    And CHA seems least valuable . Thats why there is lot of SW who try get as high con. Higher INt, and low CHA.

While Others than SW, TR, GF and OP primaries grant bonus damage. Also CW and HR have feat which increase amount of bonus damage granted by theirs primaries abilities.

MY proposal would be that Warlocks CHA would grant 0.5% or even 0.25% bonus damage. While Con 1%.

Also Blood Pact of Cania -Increases the amount of bonus damage CON and CHA gives you by 1/2/3/4/5%.

This idea just for speculation, comparison on paper.. :)

Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    Honestly, between all the fixes that warlocks are getting from October we might only just need tweaks to put fury back into a better place, i like the idea of mf affecting all fire damage, flame of empowerment should be a self buff because to debuff every since enemy in mspc on tong isnt realistic because they will already be dead, maybe for tyrannical Curse change it so that its up as another form of buff so that if the 1st target of the dailly dies the next target u curse gets to be the new target, u could cap this at 1 the animation would no longer be a problem because u can pop it before a fight, power of the nine hells could offer the same 5 sec but have it so that curse synergy effects reduce our cooldowns by 2 sec. Reducing the amount of time that creeping death need would help as well
    I dont know if with 2 soul puppets solution lack DPS damnation may be if return base damage spirit fire can be aviable but damnation not beneficts crit builds and still yet advantageless from others buffs own damnation path like a power of the nine i think puppet at least deal more damage (may be 10%) while stand up inside and enlarge radius pilar of power. Also dont solve rapid loss staks soul investure without combat or when confront single boss

For temptation i think power sharing not is the best option its better damage sharing (i belive read this idea some where) eldrich momentum why not regain 15% or 10% stamina? 5% i think its a bite and why not proc encounters ?
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    artifleur said:

Pillar of Power: The radius on this power is currently 13', which I think is pretty big

I'm sorry but I have to comment on this despite not knowing much about SW's and even less about PoP.

The impracticality of PoP is one of the main aspects that kept me away from playing a SW. With a radius of 13 feet it will simply miss half of its targets most of the time if not always. On top of that you set it once and for all. If the zone could move with you, a radius of 20-25 feet (OP auras have a radius of 30 feet) would be tolerable. Since it's stuck to the ground, it should be at least 45 feet (DC's hallowed ground is 60 feet). 13 feet simply doesn't make any sense, making it an AoE power which rarely hits multiple targets.

That´s what PoP does all time, miss most of your teammates.
    The dps buff should be an aura or a lasting buff applied in a far bigger area, maybe like ITF or like Dark Revelry allready does, or an area effect like HG.
    The 13inch green plate, dealing damage and debuff, might stay.
    Every other class is able to cast buffs with a far better aoe, warlocks is 13 feet. Even picking that feat PotnH.
    The buff is worse than every other buff I could think of atm.
    edited November 2017
    > @artifleur said:
    > Pillar of Power: The radius on this power is currently 13', which I think is pretty big
    >
    > I'm sorry but I have to comment on this despite not knowing much about SW's and even less about PoP.
    >
    > The impracticality of PoP is one of the main aspects that kept me away from playing a SW. With a radius of 13 feet it will simply miss half of its targets most of the time if not always. On top of that you set it once and for all. If the zone could move with you, a radius of 20-25 feet (OP auras have a radius of 30 feet) would be tolerable. Since it's stuck to the ground, it should be at least 45 feet (DC's hallowed ground is 60 feet). 13 feet simply doesn't make any sense, making it an AoE power which rarely hits multiple targets.

@balanced#2849

One of the very reasons Power of the Nine Hells is and will still be a mandatory feat even in mod 13 is PoP's very small radius, in combat situations you have to move a lot and without said feat you'd constantly lose 24% of your damage potential which is simply unacepptable, trying to keep all group members in it is even worse because of the same reason, if you are able to run endgame content with your SW you should know what I mean.

Please consider making PoP radius at least as large as that of Circle of Power or larger than that but smaller than that of Hallowed Ground, if you did that it would actually be reasonpable to skip Power of the Nine Hells (Killing Curse will still be awfully underpowered though) PoP desperately needs a tweak in that regard.
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    Tbh I do not find the radius of PoP any issue as with Po9H it lasts 5 seconds after leaving it, so your teammates just have to use their own brain to figure they have to walk into it from time to time to keep the buffs up and running. This is a fulltime buff and having no problem keeping it up in any of the groups I run with. On bosses it is super easy to keep up, the only people missing it are rangedwho does not walk into it and stays far away from the target, which isn't a smart move anyways as you miss out on buffs, not only from PoP. Even without it only in AoE trash fights it might be a bit troublesome. It could be increaed to like 15-18 max imo, but not much more.

Some of the mentioned ideas above make me wonder if some people posting even plays the class. Making it 45' is just crazy. Speaking from laziness I would think. Hallowed Ground from DC is a daily, this is an encounter with short cooldown. If you rarely hit multiple targets I think you are just placing it wrong. Maybe you tend to strike from far away as ranged? At least not an effective method for PoP.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    yep there are way more important things to focus on then PoP radius. Just takes skill to optimise your buff uptime. I will drop the Feat for DPS HB next mod.
This discussion has been closed.