test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    River District Site Guards. These guys often get lured away from the sites then never return. The sites are often full of monsters whilst the guards are lazing about in the grass, 100 yards away.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    protrctor42#1320 protrctor42 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Bug: on my phone and can't change font color. The Paladin's Path 'Oath of Devotion' does not proc the encounter 'Sacred Weapon'. On console, using 'Sacred Weapon', does not increase the damage of any single target attacks. In the log you can clearly see 'Sacred Weapon' not appearing, as well as a zero increase in damage.
  • Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I put a message in the wrong area I guess. I have found a problem with the tier 3 and 4 explorer's guild quests. Here is my original msg:
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235462/explorers-guild-quest-and-arcana-nodes
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Rapid change of base Maximum HP level due to application and removal of HP buffs from other players moving past you causes incorrect "You are taking damage!" warning.
    This is moderately annoying when you are reading mails or crafting at a camp site or in PE/PN.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User

Hello brave and hard working adventurers,

In response to numerous complaints about repetative cut-scenes not being skip-able...

Example:

hawk0828 said:

Err, hafta agree with the idea of skippable cutscenes - only so many times I need to see valindra, or lostmauth, etc....give their little speeched. An option to skip would be greatly appreciated, tho is not technically a bug.

The following will soon be skip-able:

- Traveling to Thay - Phantasmal Fortress
    - Lostmauth's Lair
    - Wilfred Re-Intro - The Death Forge
    - Temple of the Spider
    - Malabog's Castle (4 cutscenes)

The scenes are skip-able on a per player basis. Newer (or nostalgic) players can watch them completely while the vets skip. It will be up to them to wait or move on.

Effort was made to keep the play otherwise AS IS, so scenes will be triggered same as before and entry into boss or mini-boss arenas will remain as is was before this change.

Thanks to @hawk0828, @preechr@2215, @beckylunatic , @artifleur and more for calling this out!

Awesome! Could we ask for a few more? These are particularly annoying as well if you could give them the same treatment.

Soshenstar River - First Visit (cinematic camera view of the whole river)
    Valindra's Tower - Traveling to Thay
    Valindra's Tower - All boss intros
    Kessell's Retreat - Boss intro
    Castle Never - More of Neverember's lackeys
    Castle Never - 1st and 2nd Boss intros
    Master Svardborg - Intro (is skippable but has a strange delay before it can be skipped)
    Shores of Tuern - Boss intro
    Epic/Normal Cragmire Crypts - All boss intros
    Epic/Normal Grey Wolf Den - All boss intros
    Neverdeath Graveyard - Charthraxis
    Ebon Downs - Vartilingorix
    Icewind Pass - Merothrax
    Rothe Valley - Venfithar
    Whispering Caverns - Vilithrax
    Throne of the dwarven gods - Final Boss
    The Theft of the Crown quest - Nashers steal the crown
    (there are other quests in this line with unskippable cutscenes. They make these quests torture on alts)

That would be great too :smile: thanks again.

It is a good idea to offer skip-able cutscenes but if a player chooses to watch, the other players should be forced to wait for him before starting the fight.
    If the other players begin to fight, the person still watching the cutscene is at risk of dying / being frustrated by not contributing.

For example, I prefer the concept of the cutscene of the dragon-turtle in FBI rather than Orcus in CN.
  • Options
    bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    plz look into exultation DC skill.... the fact that it targets companions is killer to it... also 1st boss of elol care to make the trinket that opens the pit up appear after both the boss and his mount is killed ... currently if boss is killed first it pops up and blocks/line of sight u from the mount or other players... besides that awesome work keep it up, doing so good i willing to throw money at you so u will keep it up.
  • Options
    asterysmasterysm Member Posts: 5 Arc User

asterysm said:

The Chult Hunt armour "Martyr's Plackart" does not accept the vast majority of supposedly suitable transmutation options. It can be used as a transmute, but the only armour that I have found it will accept as a transmute is Morlanth's Shroud, hinting that it might be due to inconsistencies in class requirements for it, as both these armour pieces are universal class and the other ones I tried were for DC, and one for GWF. It can be dyed with no issues.

It's a bit of a shame, as I like the stats and not the look. :c

@asterysm Items that don't specify a class can only be transmuted to any other item that doesn't specify a class. If you bind it, then it *should* work with anything the character it's bound to is permitted to equip (as it has gained a class marker).
    Oh really? Huh. I will try it as soon as. ^_^ Thanks ! (and sorry for the bother)
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Hello brave and hard working adventurers,

In response to numerous complaints about repetative cut-scenes not being skip-able...

Example:

hawk0828 said:

Err, hafta agree with the idea of skippable cutscenes - only so many times I need to see valindra, or lostmauth, etc....give their little speeched. An option to skip would be greatly appreciated, tho is not technically a bug.

The following will soon be skip-able:

- Traveling to Thay - Phantasmal Fortress
    - Lostmauth's Lair
    - Wilfred Re-Intro - The Death Forge
    - Temple of the Spider
    - Malabog's Castle (4 cutscenes)

The scenes are skip-able on a per player basis. Newer (or nostalgic) players can watch them completely while the vets skip. It will be up to them to wait or move on.

Effort was made to keep the play otherwise AS IS, so scenes will be triggered same as before and entry into boss or mini-boss arenas will remain as is was before this change.

Thanks to @hawk0828, @preechr@2215, @beckylunatic , @artifleur and more for calling this out!

Awesome! Could we ask for a few more? These are particularly annoying as well if you could give them the same treatment.

Soshenstar River - First Visit (cinematic camera view of the whole river)
    Valindra's Tower - Traveling to Thay
    Valindra's Tower - All boss intros
    Kessell's Retreat - Boss intro
    Castle Never - More of Neverember's lackeys
    Castle Never - 1st and 2nd Boss intros
    Master Svardborg - Intro (is skippable but has a strange delay before it can be skipped)
    Shores of Tuern - Boss intro
    Epic/Normal Cragmire Crypts - All boss intros
    Epic/Normal Grey Wolf Den - All boss intros
    Neverdeath Graveyard - Charthraxis
    Ebon Downs - Vartilingorix
    Icewind Pass - Merothrax
    Rothe Valley - Venfithar
    Whispering Caverns - Vilithrax
    Throne of the dwarven gods - Final Boss
    The Theft of the Crown quest - Nashers steal the crown
    (there are other quests in this line with unskippable cutscenes. They make these quests torture on alts)

That would be great too :smile: thanks again.

It is a good idea to offer skip-able cutscenes but if a player chooses to watch, the other players should be forced to wait for him before starting the fight.
    If the other players begin to fight, the person still watching the cutscene is at risk of dying / being frustrated by not contributing.

For example, I prefer the concept of the cutscene of the dragon-turtle in FBI rather than Orcus in CN.
    I don't mind the dragon turtle that much, but the Demogorgon cutscenes requiring a wait (for allies) is a real pain. I would prefer if they were skippable, and allowed continuing, but maybe give the person watching the cutscenes full immunity during the cutscene (I think they already have this), and 1-2 seconds of immunity afterwards. If I am running with a newbie, I generally know they will watch the cutscenes, and know to wait for them. If I am running with an experienced group I would prefer if I could skip cutscenes for my allies :joy: since I feel like they are either intentionally trolling me, or don't know that a cutscene can be skipped.

Either way, I would prefer them to be skippable in every scenario, and then worry about how it affects new (or nostalgic) players running with an experienced (or uncaring) group after that. If someone really wants to make their group wait for cutscenes, it should at minimum be a vote. A good example of how this could work would be like goal replays in Rocket League. While watching a cutscene, all player names are listed in the bottom right corner of the screen. When you "skip" the cutscene it removes your name from the list. After a certain threshold, the cutscene is voteskipped due to X number of players voting to skip it. Rocket League requires 100% of the players to skip.

Having one player hold up a group of 10 for 10-15 seconds feels like forever, and although it doesn't feel that bad in FBI, it is torture in Demogorgon.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Some CW powers dont proc dread enchantment, not sure if this is a bug or its intended to work that way. e.g. ice knife, sudden storm.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • Options
    phantomredlightphantomredlight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    As a Guardian Fighter, if i manage to die with my shield up,
    I am unable to use a scroll of mass life.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Bug: The last building in The Monini Crypts during the Dragon Attack quest in Neverdeath Graveyard will not let you exit the building after rescuing Zami. You currently have to use "Defeat Me" in order to get out of the building. This appears to be occurring on all platforms. It may just be occurring if you do the quest in a party.
    Further testing may be needed.

Yup on PS4 only happens if you are in a party. Generally we have to signpost out. Or if you don't have a signpost you have to defeat me out of there.

There are similar party issues in Clock Tower where you have to de-group and then re-group if running the content with friends. I believe it is when you have to answer the riddle.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    October has not ended. Has not it? Thus another feedback.

When items like identification scrolls, marks, or wards are used from inventory, they should pick most bound item first by default character bound/account bound/unbound. Also sorting of the items must be stable, unbound/account bound/character bound.
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2017

When items like identification scrolls, marks, or wards are used from inventory, they should pick most bound item first by default character bound/account bound/unbound.

They do. Do you have a specific example of an item that doesn't? Or a series of commands (or button presses) that lead to the wrong one being used?
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    miasmat said:

When items like identification scrolls, marks, or wards are used from inventory, they should pick most bound item first by default character bound/account bound/unbound.

They do. Do you have a specific example of an item that doesn't? Or a series of commands (or button presses) that lead to the wrong one being used?
    When I use GMOPs it doesn't use the BoC ones but the BoE. I have to put the BoE ones on bank/mail to correctly use the unsellables.
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Please fix the Pilgrim Armor dye issues, it would be most appreciated.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1233838/pilgrim-armor-a-comedy-of-dying-errors
  • Options
    aerthyn71aerthyn71 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The updates to the Guild Logs sound great, but would be get a notification of who called a Marauders or DragonFlight? This may seem trivial but we have some people who think its fun to call this in a Guild/Alliance Stronghold then just disappear. It can be really disruptive when trying to run SH HEs and this would act as a deterrent
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited October 2017

The Mysterious Merchant gear available on live does not match that on preview. Several pieces are not sold via the MM as they were expected to such as: The Magic Lord's Surcoat, The last warden's breaches, Sandy Assault pants, Jerkin of Lord Roy, and perhaps others.

This isn't a bug. "Missing" items already existed as dungeon drops under a different name, or they will shortly (pants and shirt are rewards from Prince's Folly). It's just players expecting that everything in a preview build will ultimately go live even when they've expressly been told it might not.

While I appreciate your attempt to clarify a bug report I made to the Devs. I haven't seen official word from an official confirming or denying your statement. You may be completely correct, and perhaps I missed a post to that effect. However, without official word it's speculation. The main issue with putting something on PTR as a test server and making a blanket statement "this may not make it to live" is... we're not told usually what did or did not make it to live. So this is an information problem and I'm not looking for peer input but official input.

People go to PTR to test and to prepare for the next module. If they see gear is available on the PTR from the MM, they will look forward to getting that gear on live. If it doesn't make it to live, I'm pretty sure it's fairplay to expect an official statement to that effect... ESPECIALLY when there's no other way to know than to spend precious SH currency to then re-test on live. Add a layer of RNG, as well as a bug that causes everyone to get the same MM and you get a lot of SH currency spent to find out a simple question of... is this gear even available?

So even being "expressly told" it may not make it to live in the case of purchase to find out, your reply, and that method of pay to find out guessing game is not appropriate. Pay to know whether it went live or not is not an acceptable response from either a peer, or an official.

Thanks.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    bicyclops#3731 bicyclops Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 20 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2017
    armadeonx said:

River District Site Guards. These guys often get lured away from the sites then never return. The sites are often full of monsters whilst the guards are lazing about in the grass, 100 yards away.

@armadeonx, @pitshade, @beckylunatic - looked into this one and fixed it!
    Post edited by bicyclops#3731 on
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    12B bug: Tooltips on Shattered Ancient items (the ones that grant RP and drop from CN) are wrong. They still say "6000 RP for artifact off hands and much less for other items", etc. They do correctly convert to 600 NuRP.
  • Options
    Just tried a live patch. I belived that protect was mentioned in some patch notes but I do not see it now.

There is no protect action on item and there is no obvious way to remove item from mass convertion list (UI bug at least). While it is not here, artifact equipment, shards, and enchantments and runestones at rank 7 or higher should be excluded from mass conversion. Mass equipment conversion is useless now as it because it wants to convert my bahomet neck as well.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Rapid change of base Maximum HP level due to application and removal of HP buffs from other players moving past you causes incorrect "You are taking damage!" warning.
    This is moderately annoying when you are reading mails or crafting at a camp site or in PE/PN.

This is a great catch. I always found it fairly distracting to get this message while shopping in an area where it's not possible to be attacked.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ncoreadev#4548 ncoreadev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 30 Cryptic Developer
    Revival revivals in Ice Wind Dale!

Thanks to @checkmatein3 for bringing the broken PvP Achievement in Ice Wind Dale - Revive to our attention!

this bug will soon show up fixed, and your heroic faction revives will start adding up!

Nick
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    > @lardeson said:
    > Some CW powers dont proc dread enchantment, not sure if this is a bug or its intended to work that way. e.g. ice knife, sudden storm.

Read the tool tip for your answer.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    miasmat said:

I've just verified the following on live.

When I have two stacks of greater enchanting stones (blue ones) (one account-bound and one character-bound) and sort inventory, their position alternates on each sort. It is expected that position is stable, and more bound item, the later it is in inventory. Addition: This behavior position dependent, it might be needed to add or remove items from the specific bag. On some positions the stacks are left in the same position by sort, in some they alternate.

When I have one account bound stack of greater enchanting stones and one character-bound stack of greater enchanting stones and account-bound stack of enchanting stones, and the acount-bound stack is last one in the inventory list (rightmost on the same row), and I upgrade enchant from r9 to r10, the account bound enchanting stone is spent instead of character bound.

So problem persists for some cases, the later item in inventory is chosen instead of the most bound one. I cannot check with wards now or marks of potency.
  • Options
    blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Since the change to mount scaling, my partner who has an axe beak (the normal one) now slides from side to side on the beast whilst riding. She's actually now changed to a different mount as she doesn't like the look. Could someone take a look please to see if the sliding could perhaps be minimised to make it look a little less odd.

Thank you
    BlackMagi
  • Options
    dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Bane no longer shows a countdown to the next time you will regain a charge. Not sure if other multiple-charge powers now have the same issue.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    agilesto said:

miasmat said:

When I use GMOPs it doesn't use the BoC ones but the BoE. I have to put the BoE ones on bank/mail to correctly use the unsellables.
    It matters what order they are in your inventory if you have a mix. I don't actually have access to preview atm, but try placing the more bound ones to the left, then to the right in the bag and I think you'll get different results.
  • Options
    einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017

When affected by the fear aura attack of a Yuan-Ti Dancer or any other Yuan-Ti with this attack, it is possible for the GWF's Unstoppable to become locked in an unusuable state until logging to character selection or leaving the instance.

This discussion has been closed.