What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    Annoying VISUAL Bugs since MOD6:
    Please have clothing not interfere with one another.

EXAMPLE: CLOAK goes inside my ARMOR when it should not.... ofc, cloack are on top of the armor and the armor leggings can't go behind the cape....!

FIX the rendering of armors and CLOAKS, higher ranks of soulforge enchantment destroy the rendering of the armor
    Example the foot mantle on clerics, of elemental alliance armor and a plain +4+5+6 armor look the same under the transcendent soulforge.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    ravenskya said:

kalina311 said:

@Devs how about finally unlocking an extra belt slot or two bound to hotkeys keys 9 or 0 or mapable
    so we can have 4 or 5 quickslots ...

its is very buggy/ annoying for gameplay having so few belt slots ... we have tons of slots for bag space but not many for quick slot use items ..

also its very buggy when inventory is getting mired and stuck and cluttered with artificial huge long cool down locks on trinkets /clickyies etc in the belt/ quick inv slot and you cant swap anything around ...fine let the item be on cool down but in your inventory instead

this also breaks your characters loadout swap system ...as previously stated ..

and with little free slots in which to place useful immediate combat action stuff in it would be really helpful if these issues were fixed /

We don't have that many button combinations on our controllers.... just sayin
    fine then it would just prompt a quick menu select or a button hold and a direction or something sure there are plenty of solutions such as auto cycling out an item already on cool down as well ...

or holding toggle button open belt menu cursor then direction and release etc etc etc

also keyboards can be attached and mapped to consoles as well as custom enhanced joysticks / controllers

the main idea still being items on the tool bars on cooldown are locked on very long timers limiting item choice .. and messing up swapping loadouts as well REGARDLESS if you are on any platform !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

EXAMPLE: CLOAK goes inside my ARMOR when it should not.... ofc, cloack are on top of the armor and the armor leggings can't go behind the cape....!

For a static toon, they might be able to fix it somehow, but quite sure it will be impossible to do that while you are moving without a proper cloth simulation unfortunately.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    pterias said:

Those icons don't show up if you're too far above the zone's intended level range. IIRC, this is intentional, a change they implemented at some point, but I always thought it was pointless and bad form. Most of my characters skipped many leveling zones, but I've thought at times about going back and getting them done for the sake of completeness. This "feature" has been enough to discourage me from bothering.

Please restore the quest-giver icons in zones below your level. Turning off the icons if over-leveled is confusing and pointless enough to border on being a bug.

It has been that way since Beta but still a bad decision.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    When running castle never right before the hallway with the green ball if you jump when crossing the threshold of the room you won't trigger the cutscene of the green ball killing the soldier running from it. You must walk across the threshold to make it trigger. Otherwise you must walk back into the previous room and then make sure you walk across the threshold. It's as though the trigger is actually the floor itself and jumping makes you miss it.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUG: If you complete a Stronghold quest but not one from a Guild Hall quest-giver (e.g., barracks, explorer's guild, temple), the sparkly path for handing in that quest will seem to lead to the nearest non-Guild Hall structure, not necessarily the one for which the quest was completed; and on the stronghold map, *all* of the non-GH structures will display exclamation points, even if there is only one quest to hand in. This bug makes it unnecessarily difficult to turn in non-GH stronghold quests.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2017

In PVP, since open beta, if you run across a heal potion it becomes unusable by any character. If in stealth you don’t get healed by it. Once a potion has been touched by those in stealth (TR) it becomes bugged, completely unusable for the duration of the match despite being visibly still available. This happens in all PVP maps.

Thanks so much for this report! This bug had been driving me crazy for ages, but I didn't realize it was caused by stealthed rogues running over the potion. In my head it was just "PvP rollover heal potions super unreliable" which is the worst kind of thing to try to fix. But now, with solid repro, it's....

Fixed!

Bug : PLayers enter enemy camps on hotenow pvp map and kill them in thier safe zone ..
    the other pvp 5 v 5 rivenscar ruins map has already been altered to give enemy players insta death if they try to hop in ...
    however the holes in the map on hotenow would have to be patched as well to prevent player using various power to climb the back wall rocks and range kill / abilities to teleport / jump in

How about fixing pvp players bugging the pvp map and getting into the spawn camps and troll killing from range above the rocks or directly getting into players safe camp fire zones while you are at ...this also been reported many times as well dating back years

certain guilds are very notorious for doing this ..
  • Options
    krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Someone knows how to completely misjudge the meaning in a post.

My post about companions indicates that one should learn how to use the pet that they have and make use of its attributes. That my example companion is one that is taken to be problematic, yet it can easily be used to good effect in even high end content.

The 2nd post expressed anger, not at a change in and of itself. But that the weapon set was released, tested, commented, and then guidance was given by devs themselves indicating the functionality it had was the functionality that was desired. With that guidance one should be able to expect some stability in its function, and a investment of time and CURRENCY (I expressly did not say money) could be expected to be worthwhile.

The anger expressed was over a 'bug fix' that didn't improve people's in game experience, came at the expense of those who made an investment. Futher that change was counter to guidance that was previously given and came without warning, which would have enabled players to prepare for such a change in something that is for most a long term investment that takes an extended period of time to level.

Dumbing down pets to a 1 size fits all, where capabilities are disabled due to a players lack of ability in using its abilities is a bad idea. It takes detail away from the game, and reduces some players experience to make up for some players not being able to use something they purchased without understanding it. The result will be a reduction in variation as pets with the maximized capabilities that can be customized for any situation become the lone solution.

Lion is actually a good pet for SVA in particular. "It has no debuff for the boss to make the fight faster". ..and it needs none, especially in a 10 man environment, post the debuff changes. where near maximal debuffing is already occuring as a natural side effect to the teams abilities, enchants, and pets. The lions ability to take damage away from the team and add buffs makes it ideal in this situation when again, someone knows what they're doing with it.

Do try and put words in my mouth to fit your narrative.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Allowing alliances to send out alliance mails just like guilds can send guild mails would be extremely helpful.

Creating an Alliance MoTD would also be extremely helpful.

Removing the allowable number of guild emails would also be extremely helpful as putting out 1 per day can be a bit annoying. Especially with the limitations on the amount of text you can include.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User

Detecting interpenetration (technical term for what you're describing) is not trivial. Modifying the shape of the cloak in response to detecting interpenetration would involve modeling physics. These don't satisfy the "easy" criterion for October Bug Fix.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    As a TR to proc shadow of demise on smokebomb you must use smokebomb out of stealth and then go in stealth for it to initiate, rather than dropping a smokebomb from stealth to initiate it. It should be able to proc shadow of demise upon using it rather than on the first damage taken. Technically ITC should initiate Shadow of demise as well depending on how you interpret the capstone as the tooltip reads:

https://imgur.com/a/RaVWp

It would appear that because it reads "target" that in order to signify the "target" damage must occur from an encounter from stealth. The issue here is that most encounters immediately remove you from stealth upon use, often before the actual damage occurs. Path of blades likely acts in a similar fashion. The issue being that you can use only a few encounters to initiate SoD, those that immediately damage upon use to signify the "target".

A second partially related bug occurs because the tooltip also states that "When this effect ends, it's target takes piercing damage equal to 50% of the *damage dealt* to its target by the rogue". What is happening in PVP is that the player is taking 50% of the potential damage dealt, whether it was dodged or not, mitigated or not. The issue is that the SoD procc is what is killing players by unavoidable damage no matter what you do. If you don't leave the line of sight you WILL take the SoD damage which is often 100 to 200K +.

This means a rogue can simply miss all their encounters and at wills, relying on the SoD proc from those + the daily BB (undodgeable) to deal massive unavoidable damage despite missing their skills.

To reproduce:
    From stealth use dazing strike, drop smokebomb, use bloodbath (going back into stealth during bloodbath because of invisible infiltrator giving stealth from the daily, technically supposed to fill stealth after a daily, not during, but because bloodbath is a long daily you can regain stealth after first hit), then use dazing strike in stealth again immediately following bloodbath. You could add another encounter such as PoB or Lashing blade if you wanted, however ITC is usually kept on the bar during PVP.
    Post edited by ltgamesttv#0999 on

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    etelgrin said:

As a TR to proc shadow of demise on smokebomb you must use smokebomb out of stealth and then go in stealth for it to initiate, rather than dropping a smokebomb from stealth to initiate it. It should be able to proc shadow of demise upon using it rather than on the first damage taken. Technically ITC should initiate Shadow of demise as well depending on how you interpret the capstone as the tooltip reads:

https://imgur.com/a/RaVWp

It would appear that because it reads "target" that in order to signify the "target" damage must occur from an encounter from stealth. The issue here is that most encounters immediately remove you from stealth upon use, often before the actual damage occurs. Path of blades likely acts in a similar fashion. The issue being that you can use only a few encounters to initiate SoD, those that immediately damage upon use to signify the "target".

A second partially related bug occurs because the tooltip also states that "When this effect ends, it's target takes piercing damage equal to 50% of the *damage dealt* to its target by the rogue". What is happening in PVP is that the player is taking 50% of the potential damage dealt, whether it was dodged or not, mitigated or not. The issue is that the SoD procc is what is killing players by unavoidable damage no matter what you do. If you don't leave the line of sight you WILL take the SoD damage which is often 100 to 200K +.

This means a rogue can simply miss all their encounters and at wills, relying on the SoD proc from those + the daily BB (undodgeable) to deal massive unavoidable damage despite missing their skills.

SoD when it is gathering damage before the proc it takes into account all other sources of damage the TR has, for example Aura of Courage affects the strength of SoD proc.
    I should've listed that in the original post, thanks for the addition. Things like artifact bonuses, artifact set bonuses, glyphs, and all other bonuses are indeed factored into the SoD procc.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

there is a current issue with powersharing giving to players way more power than it should.
    a dc supposed to give 59% for example and a paladin 25%
    yet we see power like this :

because it multiprocs with bonding stone.

if this is intended we should know about it or maybe then fix it .

I'm not sure "multiprocs" is the right way to word that. What happens is that power sharing with allies includes companions, and then your companions now have 58% or 25% of your power. Currently on live, this then shares back 285% of 58% or 25% (so 165% or 71%) of your power back on the owner of the bonding runestones. I mentioned before that Anointed Army was nerfed back with the DC rework with what looked like the acceptance of this bug, regardless of how broken it looked to players.

I will note that removing the bug without other actions is an extremely large nerf to the Anointed Champion paragon path.
    As much as I would like to see this interaction removed for good, I highly advise caution in how it is done.

As a person who mains a Pally (the other class who buffs like this) I am also in favor of a change to this mechanic but it would need to be balanced by increases on other buffs:

Fix the Aura of Courage bug that only allows the first point (of the power) to apply to other players and make it work at the Pally's HP level, not the recipient's.

Bear in mind that Pally survivability is based on temp health & that is all about power. Removing the power-via-companion mechanic would reduce their temp HP by 48% (at current r12 bonding).

Also, if Aura Gifts no longer applies via pets then the value of the feat could be increased - to say 50%. This is still a 50% reduction in total power shared. It would also be worth thinking about putting DCs AA back to 50% too.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @tolkienbuff
    I'm on my phone so can't quote.
    But here is a complete list of QoL requests for guild management.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1228503/feature-request-guild-management-tools

I would like to mention that that thread was made as a request from a developer during a stream. I have no idea if has been seen by the developers.
  • Options
    roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Totems in Icewind Pass can be invisible yet trigger companions to attack even if the quest itself is not available in my log.
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    vida44 said:

@tolkienbuff

I'm on my phone so can't quote.

But here is a complete list of QoL requests for guild management.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1228503/feature-request-guild-management-tools

I would like to mention that that thread was made as a request from a developer during a stream. I have no idea if has been seen by the developers.

Would be nice to hear that somebody is looking at ANYTHING related to guilds. A lot of hard to fix (at first sight at least) bugs were tackled by devs but numerous post about guild bugs/requests were ignored. And some of them look like easy to do with huge improvements for us.
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    I can't invite another character to guild when account count is at 150/150. Even if there is different character from the same account in the guild already

Guild donation log don't register donation correctly. For example there is "Aster donated 2 influence using X voucher" instead of "Aster donated 800 influence using 2 X vouchers"

Search function in guild donation tab is not working correctly (just try to use it.. you need to switch tab a few time before search request will execute). Clear button don't work at all

Add export guild donations to file like it's done for guild member list

Add sort by last online in guild roster
  • Options
    wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUG: Totem heroic encounter in Icewind Pass near entrance of Briggins' Tomb is uncompletable. On the third phase, adds reset periodically even you fight near totem. I still periodically see grey mob names when passing them on the way ot BT.
    Post edited by wisper2048 on
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I don't know if this is still a thing since I haven't ran it for a long time but:

Master of the Hunt chest will drop (if the RNG blesses you) a character bound shard.

Additionaly, this is in the game for far too long. Dread Legion skirmish:

• Options
    eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    @nirafelos I thought I posted them already but I looked and saw I forgot to specify that they were offhand bonuses. I'll post again.

Posting on @kikopop's behalf
    (almost forgot about these)
    All of these are offhand bonuses that are currently bugged.
    Bug(s):
    Aspect of the Lone Wolf breaks when the class feature is ranked up to 4, similar to how it is with Aspect of the Pack.

Pathfinder's Action itself isn't broken but it is tied to the class feature that is bugged in the way that the duration of the buff is reduced by deflect severity when the buff is deflected which shouldn't be possible.

Cruel Recovery works even when the class feature itself isn't slotted.

Seeker's Vengeance Dot causes a damage loop with Gushing Wound when standing behind the target, more easy to reproduce when the bleed isn't advanced by the attacks from allies.

Blade storm offhand does not work.

I know this isn't a rework thread at all bbut thought it would be worth mentioning that pathfinder's paragon feats (cruel recovery, battlehoned are completely unusable and probably are based on an older version of the game. Of course all classes have feats like that, just thought it was worth mentioning. Will post more when I get the chance.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

When running castle never right before the hallway with the green ball if you jump when crossing the threshold of the room you won't trigger the cutscene of the green ball killing the soldier running from it. You must walk across the threshold to make it trigger. Otherwise you must walk back into the previous room and then make sure you walk across the threshold. It's as though the trigger is actually the floor itself and jumping makes you miss it.

I've encountered this bug so many times but had yet no idea of what was causing it.

Great job finding this!
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    krzrsms said:

My post about companions indicates that one should learn how to use the pet that they have and make use of its attributes. That my example companion is one that is taken to be problematic, yet it can easily be used to good effect in even high end content.

Please quit it with your "there's no bad game features, only bad players" argument.

The attribute you're speaking of isn't even listed on any tooltip in game.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

I can't invite another character to guild when account count is at 150/150. Even if there is different character from the same account in the guild already

Guild donation log don't register donation correctly. For example there is "Aster donated 2 influence using X voucher" instead of "Aster donated 800 influence using 2 X vouchers"

Search function in guild donation tab is not working correctly (just try to use it.. you need to switch tab a few time before search request will execute). Clear button don't work at all

Add export guild donations to file like it's done for guild member list

Add sort by last online in guild roster

Another minor one - food/stone etc, guild rank 20 capacity is 1,321,320.

You get to 1,321,317 and tending will give no more, this is only irritating because it then doesn't show as full on the coffer.

The equivalent thing can happen at lower levels too
  • Options
    In Master Spellplague Caverns after the first boss at the gate before the second boss there is a Spellchanged Maw and sometimes other mobs (brawler I think) can get "bugged into the wall/gate/or the rock just next to the gates. I'm sure it has to do with how they spawn. If they spawn too close to the wall or other terrain they get "stuck" and are very difficult or even impossible to target/damage or pull out of the terrain.

Perhaps making sure they spawn within a far enough radius from the terrain/walls, closer to the middle of the path this can be avoided

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    BUG: TELEPORT COMPANIONS DYING AT DRAGON TURTLE

1. (Drow) Mercenary
    2. Lightfoot Thief
    3. Shadow Demon
    4. Phase Spider
    5. Probably there are more, either teleporters or those which grant CA by positioning without teleport.

Teleport destination is behind the Turtle and behind Turtle is only water so they die as soon as they enter combat. If that teleport destination could be moved to the sides instead to the back, just for Turtle, it would make these companions an option.

6. Black Death Scorpion - a special case, dies as soon as he enters Turtle stage and it was reported to happen in other stages and terrains too.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

BUG: TELEPORT COMPANIONS DYING AT DRAGON TURTLE

1. (Drow) Mercenary
    2. Lightfoot Thief
    3. Shadow Demon
    4. Phase Spider
    5. Probably there are more, either teleporters or those which grant CA by positioning without teleport.

Teleport destination is behind the Turtle and behind Turtle is only water so they die as soon as they enter combat. If that teleport destination could be moved to the sides instead to the back, just for Turtle, it would make these companions an option.

6. Black Death Scorpion - a special case, dies as soon as he enters Turtle stage and it was reported to happen in other stages and terrains too.

This happens fairly commonly when using Fox's Shift (HR encounter) as well.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

This discussion has been closed.