Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    brewald said:

BUG:

Primal armor set is supposed to be account binded, but:
    Primal Helm and Arms are character bound

Did you slot overload enchants in them? That will bind any piece of equipment to character, as will slotting other bound enchants should you have any.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @beckylunatic said:
    > BUG:
    >
    > Primal armor set is supposed to be account binded, but:
    > Primal Helm and Arms are character bound
    >
    > Did you slot overload enchants in them? That will bind any piece of equipment to character, as will slotting other bound enchants should you have any.

That itself sounds like a bug to me... why would the bind status of gear change due to an enchantment/ward? I can see if transmuted, but by slotting a ward? That doesnt seem right... one could even argue the transmute issue as a bug. Since you cant farm bind on equip gear for profit, this should also be changed. If i transmute, why cant it stay/become bind to account.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

> @beckylunatic said:

> BUG:

>

>

> Did you slot overload enchants in them? That will bind any piece of equipment to character, as will slotting other bound enchants should you have any.

That itself sounds like a bug to me... why would the bind status of gear change due to an enchantment/ward? I can see if transmuted, but by slotting a ward? That doesnt seem right... one could even argue the transmute issue as a bug. Since you cant farm bind on equip gear for profit, this should also be changed. If i transmute, why cant it stay/become bind to account.

I agree, non-permanent enhancements should not change the bind-status of a piece of armor. If something can be removed it should not affect the gear it was placed on.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    The TR feat Shadowborn will proc on dots from bleed tics or smoke bomb tics making it functionally useless against mobs or single target fights past the first hit.

It's been a while since I sorted through this and wanted to put this into the correct format, if no one had done it yet. Sorry if it is a repost and it annoys anyone.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    > @sgrantdev said:
    > Bug/Probably an easy fix: HR's careful attack doesn't proc weapon enchantments at all.
    >
    > This is intended. This particular power is not meant to trigger weapon enchants as it is not doing the damage directly.
    >
    >
    > After some internal discussion we are considering this a bug. Will get this fixed as soon as I can.

Omg dude I love you. Best bug fix thread ever.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

Bug: Dailies in Brynn Shandar glitching out. The lure beasts doesn't spawn and you have to instance hop til you can find one not glitched.

Though I've seen many glitched lure spots, I've never had one glitch out after activating it myself. I've long suspected they get glitched because (A.) one of the creatures it spawns does so inside nearby terrain, it never gets killed, and so never gets completed. If not that, I suppose it's possible (B.) someone abandons it in the middle of doing it and the spawns either despawn eventually without resetting the lure spot, (C.) the spawns wander off and blend in with the rest of the wildlife, or (D.) if spawns are killed far from the lure spot it doesn't trigger the next wave. I have tried scouring the area and killing everything, but have never been able to get it finish.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    armadeonx said:

> @beckylunatic said:

> BUG:

>

>

I agree, non-permanent enhancements should not change the bind-status of a piece of armor. If something can be removed it should not affect the gear it was placed on.
    The cause is due to the "exploit" that could be achieved by this. It allows you to trade a BtC overload, which obviously seems trivial, but the point is that you are trading something that should be untradeable. It might be better to just inform the owner that they cannot trade the gear until the enchantment is removed, but this functionality might be much harder to implement than their chosen method.

There should obviously be red flashy signs with lasers and explosions though before it binds, since it would be quite easy to do this on accident.
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    Bug: GWF's Deep Gash feat is unable to crit. Other powers/feats/dailies that were unable to crit before were fixed.

Bug: GWF's Mighty Blade feat says "Your AoE damage is increased by X%", however, most powers tagged as "cone" or "cylinder" aren't being considered as AoE. I kindly ask to take a special consideration into Sure Strike's final strike, Weapon Master's Strike and Hidden Daggers since they are part of the usual Destroyer build rotation (the only one that works atm).

fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    pterias said:

Bug: Dailies in Brynn Shandar glitching out. The lure beasts doesn't spawn and you have to instance hop til you can find one not glitched.

Though I've seen many glitched lure spots, I've never had one glitch out after activating it myself. I've long suspected they get glitched because (A.) one of the creatures it spawns does so inside nearby terrain, it never gets killed, and so never gets completed. If not that, I suppose it's possible (B.) someone abandons it in the middle of doing it and the spawns either despawn eventually without resetting the lure spot, (C.) the spawns wander off and blend in with the rest of the wildlife, or (D.) if spawns are killed far from the lure spot it doesn't trigger the next wave. I have tried scouring the area and killing everything, but have never been able to get it finish.
    Possibly if someone died while trying to finish the hunt and didn't come back?
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    brewald said:

scathias said:

brewald said:

BUG:

Primal armor set is supposed to be account binded, but:
    Primal Helm and Arms are character bound

did you transmute your helm and arms at all? because if you use character bound transmutes then your arms and helm would be come bound as well.

My primal arms are BoA.
    No, none modifications on my gear.

After verification, this bug appear only on OP. This issue was present on dragonflight gear too.
    GWF, CW and DC haven't this bug.
    After research, it'a appear than
    First bug, if you use an overload on helm or gloves, it will bind the item to your character.
    Second bug, if you use an enchant BoC on chest and boots, it will bind them to your character.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

armadeonx said:

> @beckylunatic said:

> BUG:

>

>

The cause is due to the "exploit" that could be achieved by this. It allows you to trade a BtC overload, which obviously seems trivial, but the point is that you are trading something that should be untradeable. It might be better to just inform the owner that they cannot trade the gear until the enchantment is removed, but this functionality might be much harder to implement than their chosen method.

There should obviously be red flashy signs with lasers and explosions though before it binds, since it would be quite easy to do this on accident.
    To my mind the more logical approach would be to prevent the gear from being moved off the character whilst a bound item is attached.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Thanks @balanced#2849
    Wrathful Determination damage bonus scaling is a bit off with the Determination bar
    At half bar of the determination bar you gain 6% Damage Bonus
    At 90%-99% of the determination bar you gain 12.5% Damage bonus
    At FULL bar of the determination bar you gain 25% Damage Bonus
    I dont think it’s scaling properly with Determination.

WAI. WD with full determination will give you twice as much (25%), so, up to 99%, you should get 12.5%. Half filled, around 6%.
    kacezet said:

control resist doesnt work anywhere,and there is no stat for it on charactor page. my OP off-hand class feature doesnt give me the +25% control resist to me and/or my allies, the 11% i should get from my wisdom bonus doesnt show anywhere, and the +24% for my guild boon doesnt work either. stacking ,I should be getting +60% control resist,which means the mobs in chult shouldnt be able to land their control powers more than 40% of the time,but in reality,they land every time. I dont believe this is a bug tho.

CR % shortens the duration of CC, not cancelling procs from mobs, i.e. mob, when using CC powers will always CC you, and CR you have should shorten the duration of it (and not act like deflection for CC)

Now that Pillar of Power and Slam are able to crit, can you please take a look to the GWF feat Deep Gash or in the worst scenario, explain why it shouldn't crit?

Maybe because PoP is an encounter and DG is just a feat? Just my 2 cent tho, but i agree here, if something isn't critting doesn't mean it's not WAI, unless specified in tooltip for example.
    fyrstigor said:

As a TR if u die while under the effects of lurkers assualt. Ur strealth meter will bug out and cant be filled untill u kill urself.

Already reported. No need to kill yourself though, just use "change character" and reload it again, it should work in dungeons too.
    luks707 said:

GWF
    - Crit chance increase from Weapon Master feat doesn't show in stats

WAI, % increase appear after successive hit.

einsieg said:

GWF using Sure Strike while jumping makes it skip to the last swing without having to do previous ones, allowing to deal increased damage.

This is not a bug.
    Tooltip clearly states the big slam should follow the narrow strikes. I'd like to hear your justification in saying that it isn't
    Wouldn't say that this is a bug. The damage that strike deals is the same as the fourth strike from SS rotation. To do it you need to timely press left button while in the air, it's like a small shortcut to that fourth strike, but you will deal less dmg overall if you just start jumping and hitting in the air, which you can miss this way a lot because it's a not targetable hit, doing full SS rotation, all hits should target a mob automatically. Again, this shortcut might not be intended (while acting like that since the... beginning?), but i wouldn't call it "bug".
    Post edited by sobac on
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    While i usually blame devs, lol, i must say that this thread i was waiting for since 2013!!! Much appreciated :)
    Many bugs i know of were already reported so i'd try to not post them again.

- DCs "Chains of Blazing Light" will not crit if you are too far from target (HRs Cordon of Arrow alike bug)

- HRs "Throw Caution" gives 15% debuff at all ranks instead of 5% per rank
  • Options
    einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    There are certain spots inside the underground ruins of Soshenstar River where all combat and environment sounds suddenly become completely muted. If you stand at the top of a set of stairs under overhanging vines, you will find combat becomes silent.
    Post edited by einsieg on
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    BUG: Arcane Singularity scatters enemies instead of pulling them in

This appears to happen if your control strength vastly outstrips enemies' control resistance. When I cast it on HE-difficulty enemies (thick HP bars) it works properly for the most part (though not for weak critters like spiderlings). However, when I cast it on normal enemies (not HE-difficulty), the effect is...um, dramatic.

broken_singularity

This is making AS useless for me as it basically gives enemies instant combat advantage over me. On the other hand, if stronghold devils decide to start an astronaut corps, I could train some of their crews on what it feels like to be launched into orbit.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    BUG: quasit makes human male sounds when it jumps over obstacles.
    This one is pretty self-explanitory.

BUG: map transitions in Foundry quests split party members across multiple instances.
    If you run a Foundry quest with friends in a party, when you go through a map transition in the quest you all wind up in different instances. This one has been around for a while. There are quests where bringing a party is either recommended or can be set to provide extra difficulty and/or fun when more than one player is present.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    bellkazi said:

Bug: GWF's Deep Gash feat is unable to crit. Other powers/feats/dailies that were unable to crit before were fixed.

SW's Creeping Death feat is unable to crit.
    SW's Critical Promise feat is unable to crit.
    SW's Murderous Flames feat is unable to crit.
    etc
    Creeping Death and Murderous Flames already benefit from critical severity. If the ability that triggers them crits, they do a percentage of the critical damage, which means in effect they have crit. Lets not introduce double scaling abilities back into the game.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    bellkazi said:

bellkazi said:

etc
    Creeping Death and Murderous Flames already benefit from critical severity. If the ability that triggers them crits, they do a percentage of the critical damage, which means in effect they have crit. Lets not introduce double scaling abilities back into the game.
    Red=bug
    bellkazi said:

Armor Penetration not working with SW's daily power [Tyrannical Threat].

Red
    bellkazi said:

etc

No red.
    It's obvious that it's a joke.
    Not necessarily (but yea, It's likely a joke considering the quote, though I'd prefer people don't joke in here :tongue:)... Not many people actually use colour coding. And this is a Bug Report thread, don't need to specify here :p
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    balanced#2849 balanced Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 41 Cryptic Developer
    Got two more for you all!
    sobac said:

- HRs "Throw Caution" gives 15% debuff at all ranks instead of 5% per rank

This one was a bit weird, but while testing it myself I found that the rank-ups were working correctly. Throw Caution applies a 25% damage resistance debuff onto you (the player) and increases the damage you do by 15%. Each rank lowers the damage resistance debuff by 5%, so at rank 4 you'll only take 10% more damage. I did find out that the related feat "Warden's Courage" was actually increasing the damage resistance debuff instead of decreasing it (so you were taking more damage!)

Warden's Courage: Now correctly lowers the Damage Resistance Debuff penalty applied to yourself.

Zhentarim Warlock companion's Stats tab includes Arcane Warping which is a power that it does not have.

The Zhentarim Warlock had a couple of wonky things in her tooltips. Most of these should be fixed now, and the changes to her can be seen below.

Arcane Warpings: Replaced with Arcane Boost
    Arcane Boost: Now states that Hellfire Eruption gains a DoT effect (same functionality as in-game)
    Hellfire Eruption: No longer mentions that it's a DoT by itself
    Hellfire Eruption: Now correctly deals AoE damage to nearby enemies
  • Options
    mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I can't speak for all TRs but thanks for the fix to tenacious concealment. Happy to see that TRs are not forgotten. I'm compiling a bug list from TR groups, YouTubers, streamers and many other players of bugs on the TR. We appreciate you looking at the bugs. If we get them all fixed I'm sure that we won't be demanding buffs and reworks as much when it is just working as it should.
  • Options
    arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Prince of Hell artifact DR bonus is not reflected on the character sheet.
    Alts are unable to discard their inital starting weapons gained during the tutorial.
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited October 2017

artifleur said:

Tank and Defender companions can steal aggro from BIS Paladins using all the threat building encounters and at wills. This has been easily repeatable. Companions should not vie for aggro with a Tank present in the group. Nor should it be able to so easily build more aggro on the invisible, unmeasurable, incalculable threat table.

This is due to an undocumented taunt skill which steals aggro regardless of threat-levels. I agree that this is extremely problematic as soon as you have a real tank in your group and pretty much makes using any defender companion a bad idea. This skill needs to be replaced by some kind of threat generation buff. However, it isn't, stricto sensu, a bug.
    Totally legit feedback, and definitely fair game for this thread.

As an aside: Don't worry too much about exactly what counts as a "bug". The important thing is "easy to fix". Part of "easy to fix" is "easy to decide we *want* to fix", so lots of class balance suggestions fail here -- the actual change might be easy, but deciding to make it is part of a bigger picture. However, if something is confusing or doesn't make sense, or if a power does something important but the tooltip doesn't mention it, those are things we want to fix, whether they are technically bugs or not.

But back to the main point -- we need more detail! What companions are stealing aggro? Can you tell us which power is doing it? At very least, we can add a note to the power warning people it will do that (easy fix). Or are these powers that say they are stealing aggro, but people don't like that (now the fix is less clear -- people like taunting pets for solo play -- should we rework them so they still taunt, but not so much? Should we somehow "turn them off" in group play? This is probably something we wouldn't tackle this month, and instead would file away as feedback for later.)
    Isn't there a way to implement that Tank/Defender pets threat generation/taunt abilities defer to the aggro of a Player tank? I.E. adding an if/then statement that transfers their threat to a (OP) Paladin or guardian fighter in their party? SO that Tank pets would become useful in a group setting in a vow of enmity sort of way, generating threat for the actual player tank? Then they would have a use in each setting.

Then if there is no tank in the group or the player is soloing, the tank/defender companion returns the aggro to itself. I think that might be an elegant fix, allowing people who've upgraded their defender pets to legendary to make use of them in all settings.

Hopefully you could write the code in such a way that you could simply copy paste it to all defender companions and... done.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Stronghold Heroic Shards

We can get stronghold heroic shards by completing 10 man heroic encounters but the actual reset time for getting them seems off. Some say there is a 20 hour cool down, others say midnight Pacific time and others believe it's just luck. Could the reset time be at 12 noon (local time) the same as everything else in game please.

Thank you and keep up the great squishing!
    BlackMagi
This discussion has been closed.