What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017

However, if something is confusing or doesn't make sense, or if a power does something important but the tooltip doesn't mention it, those are things we want to fix, whether they are technically bugs or not.

Does this mean you can please, please, finally, remove the lie in the tooltip for Daring Shout that claims it stops working when you're attacked? This has been the bane of people trying to explain how to play GWF to new players for literally years, because every single new GWF I encounter tells me they don't use it because they think it doesn't work when solo. I believed this when I was a new player, and so did everyone else.

It is also either a lie or just poorly communicated how the damage resistance buff on yourself from Daring Shout works. It doesn't seem to depend on how "powerful" the target is, only how many targets you hit at once.

The same goes for all the GWF at-wills that say they do less damage the more enemies you hit. This hasn't been the case for years.
  • Options
    roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    There is an ambient file with an ~15 second loop of a male voice in almost every map in the game who says something like "waking up". The environments in which I have heard the voice there is no one visible onscreen in range who could say such a thing (eg. Batiri Camp in Chult is my most recent discovery of the loop).
    Post edited by roadkill#6177 on
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    BUG:

Companion active powers are not taken into account on characters stats.

Exemple:
    Sylphide: +50% Control resist.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

artifleur said:

Tank and Defender companions can steal aggro from BIS Paladins using all the threat building encounters and at wills. This has been easily repeatable. Companions should not vie for aggro with a Tank present in the group. Nor should it be able to so easily build more aggro on the invisible, unmeasurable, incalculable threat table.

This is due to an undocumented taunt skill which steals aggro regardless of threat-levels. I agree that this is extremely problematic as soon as you have a real tank in your group and pretty much makes using any defender companion a bad idea. This skill needs to be replaced by some kind of threat generation buff. However, it isn't, stricto sensu, a bug.
    Totally legit feedback, and definitely fair game for this thread.

As an aside: Don't worry too much about exactly what counts as a "bug". The important thing is "easy to fix". Part of "easy to fix" is "easy to decide we *want* to fix", so lots of class balance suggestions fail here -- the actual change might be easy, but deciding to make it is part of a bigger picture. However, if something is confusing or doesn't make sense, or if a power does something important but the tooltip doesn't mention it, those are things we want to fix, whether they are technically bugs or not.

But back to the main point -- we need more detail! What companions are stealing aggro? Can you tell us which power is doing it? At very least, we can add a note to the power warning people it will do that (easy fix). Or are these powers that say they are stealing aggro, but people don't like that (now the fix is less clear -- people like taunting pets for solo play -- should we rework them so they still taunt, but not so much? Should we somehow "turn them off" in group play? This is probably something we wouldn't tackle this month, and instead would file away as feedback for later.)
    I've tried to find the name of the taunt but, if I understand correctly, it doesn't appear on the combat log since it doesn't do damage.

You can start with a young yeti but any companion with the "Defender" tag can steal aggro. They also are immune, or at least highly resistant, to AoE damage which is fine but also not referenced anywhere.

While you are looking at this, could it be possible to make bonding runestones proc on companion abilities which do not deal damage (healing and control skills) ? Many companions are never used because they can't proc bondings, just like defenders aren't used because they steal aggro.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2017

There is a male voice in almost every map in the game as an ambient file with an ~15 second loop who says something like "waking up". In many if not most of the environments in which I have heard the voice there is no one visible onscreen in range who could say such a thing (eg. Batiri Camp in Chult is my most recent discovery of the loop).

Did you get a new companion recently?

Some of them can be very annoying. The crab for example makes some noise every 2 seconds. It's unbearable.
  • Options
    nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    artifleur said:

While you are looking at this, could it be possible to make bonding runestones proc on companion abilities which do not deal damage (healing and control skills) ? Many companions are never used because they can't proc bondings, just like defenders aren't used because they steal aggro.

My understanding was that that had been fixed/changed a while back already, but that the remaining disparity is that such companions don't proc Protector's Friendship/Camaraderie.
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Example of an AOE ability that cannot hit mobs based on 'barriers' in chult:

Example 1: In the instance where I need to clear the shore of mobs, near the entrance to the cave, one of the pirates gets is on the other side of the table. I hit Villain's Menace. No damage done to the pirate ON the other side of the table. It is a table. And yet it gives perfect protection.

Example 2: At the Arachne hunt location, there is a witch doctor that is positioned on top of a a pile of treasure next to a fallen tree. The rest of the mob is scattered about. I can kill the other mob easily, but I have to figure out a way to move into wherer the witch doctor is, and be right next to it, before anything will hit.

And yet, fallen logs and bushes don't prevent mobs from reacting to my aggro.

For example, in the Baltiri area, there is a place where 1 mob is divided by a log. I attack on one side of the log, to help the scout, but the mob on the other side aggros (where a shaman is). The Shaman can heal all the mobs on the other side of the log, but my attacks do nothing against it, unless I go to the other side and kill it).
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    if multiple player are using air archons boss fight can be a pain on my op, so i go right away to use relentless avenger to keep aggro on me.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    If any dev could answer the following, we would appreciate it a lot so we can stop asking again and again.

Now that Pillar of Power and Slam are able to crit, can you please take a look to the GWF feat Deep Gash or in the worst scenario, explain why it shouldn't crit?

Any word about the feat Mighty Blade not affecting most encounter powers described as 'cone' or 'cylinder'? Are these not considered as AoE too?
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    blindfury11blindfury11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User

But back to the main point -- we need more detail! What companions are stealing aggro? Can you tell us which power is doing it? At very least, we can add a note to the power warning people it will do that (easy fix). Or are these powers that say they are stealing aggro, but people don't like that (now the fix is less clear -- people like taunting pets for solo play -- should we rework them so they still taunt, but not so much? Should we somehow "turn them off" in group play? This is probably something we wouldn't tackle this month, and instead would file away as feedback for later.)

Dancing Shield has a hard taunt. Pretty much all defender companions do.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    theguiido said:

Body Paint Fashion is considered a Fashion Hat, instead of Upper Body.

Not entirely sure if this was intentional, but i've always wanted to wear "body" paint on my character but couldn't because I wear a mask on my fashion. Could possible options be looked into for people who wear stuff on their head?

Designed this way intentionally, to be worn with the South Seas fashion, but also show up with various other fashions that show bare arms and so forth. Optimally, more body paint fashions would be created that use the torso slot and can be worn with a conventional hat or mask.
    theguiido said:

GF Bug Dieing with sheild up(guard) you can not use resurrection scroll.

You cannot use ANY Consumable whiling Guarding with your shield.
    But probably if you die, the game should recognize that you dropped your shield when you... uh... died?

Dancing Shield has a hard taunt. Pretty much all defender companions do.
    IIRC, the Rimefire Golem is one of the only defender companions that doesn't taunt, or so I've heard. I can't stand the gawdawful noise it makes so I've never ever so much as equipped one, so I can't verify.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

miguelfdz said:

You still need to fix campfires, the one before the second boss of MSP don't let you change from loadout.

I've replaced all old Respawn fires with updated versions that have the loadout changer volume, in both MSP and classic SPC. May have also added a mimic or two...
    Fix will be in an upcoming module.
    Cheers!
    by "all" did this include the campfires at the entrances to the Chultan temples in the Soshenstar river? The campfire at the entrance to each of these doesn't allow swapping loadouts.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    HR: dodging after Cordon of arrows will cancel the damage but will use a charge. Instead of normal animation canceling
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    micky1p00 said:

HR: dodging after Cordon of arrows will cancel the damage but will use a charge. Instead of normal animation canceling

This happens with most "charge" based powers. The power is completely canceled with no effect, but still consumes the charge immediately instead of waiting until after the power has actually activated to consume the charge. Healing Word and Hidden Daggers being two of the powers I tested.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    brewald said:

BUG:

Companion active powers are not taken into account on characters stats.

Exemple:
    Sylphide: +50% Control resist.

ists 50% of the value on Control resistance stat
  • Options
    xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I apologize for douple post. I did not see the formatting and the pages of responses did not show acknowledgement of the post (understandibly).

On XBox:

Bug: Disable Alliance Title so it doesn't over ride Guild title.

I want to promote my own guild, not whomever is at the helm. I love collecting the titles and would love to be able to use them.

Bug: Legendary Lion mount saddle disappears after summoning.

Bug: Heroics glitching out in River District. All Heroics. The enemies simply don't spawn. It makes for time and progress wasted.

Bug: Dailies in Brynn Shandar glitching out. The lure beasts doesn't spawn and you have to instance hop til you can find one not glitched.

Bug: Scrolls don't trigger on GF. I believe someone mentioned its when you are downed with your shield up.

Two Feature requests:

Feature/Feedback: TH searching for rank (enchantments) would be nice.

Feature/Feedback: Alliance. Most Alliances have grown into families. They swap Helm internally to support each other. How about making it possible to swap without having to leave the alliance and then come back? We do this weekly.

• Options
    sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

Mercenary Outpost boons not working

The fix for this should be a part of the Swords of Chult release. Are there any other structures not giving the proper boons?

• Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User

These bushes act as real walls. If you are outside, any AoE ability even if it overlaps with the enemy will not damage them [...] You cannot get line of sight to these enemies without going into the bush, and often times you cannot get line of sight on them even when side the bush, since the bushes can overlap and the "walls" are invisible.

The most notable offending bushes exist in the Chultan temples

One of the chultan temples has a small group of palm-trees and bushes at the top of a large stair-case, as the first room you encounter. (I believe it also has a nature skill node.) On that map, there sometimes spawns a skeletal archer in the bushes in the way described here. I've tried all of the CW powers I regularly slot to try to hit the skeleton and nothing hits him. His arrows, however, do hit me. I confirm that neither Icy Terrain, nor Steal Time, nor Oppressive Force will damage him. Neither can I target him with at-wills or single-target encounter powers. CW has no taunting skills, so I have to walk behind a corner where he can't shoot me to draw him out. I don't think I've tried the area-effect repel to try to push him out, but that's the only other thing I can think of.
  • Options
    eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Not sure if this is intended but the survivor's wraps bonus uses both Anointed Army and Transcendent barkshield charges making them unusable
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    eliybeats said:

Not sure if this is intended but the survivor's wraps bonus uses both Anointed Army and Transcendent barkshield charges making them unusable

this would be a situation where you have conflicting mechanics and it is a trade off IMO. Do you want the bonuses from the survivor's wraps or do you want to use AA/barkshield. Personally I think it is good that the trade off exists, I know that some GFs use survivor's wraps to proc shield warriors wrath to max stacks more easily which is another interesting way to use them.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Just for clarification on bug reports on this forum. Do you go back and read all since your last response? Do you only respond to those that are fixed? Should we repost if we have not got a response? Or if there is no response does that mean what we posted is too big, unfixable or not a priority? Just wanting to make sure If what some of us post is not a valid bug and to just move on. Thank you.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Bugs in EE HEs
    Something frequently goes wrong with Protect the Merchants in Reclamation Rock and it either fails to end or clean up properly. I'm sketchy on the details of this one.

With Aquatic Elf Abduction in Drowned Shore, the elves spawn late, which means players who arrive when the encounter spawns kill the mobs and then are left bewildered as there are no elves to free (for the next 5-10 minutes, at least).

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Deathlock Wights in Dwarven Valley HEs don't count towards completion of the Stay Buried quest.

Demiliches and summoned zombies (tested from Deathlock summons) don't count as Undead for Dead Reckoning quest in Soshenstar River
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    As a TR if u die while under the effects of lurkers assualt. Ur strealth meter will bug out and cant be filled untill u kill urself.
This discussion has been closed.