test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disable Private Queue on engame dungeons

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    no class in the history of this game.. got as many adjustments.. as the SW.. and yet they are mid game addition.. its sorta of crazy.. like 5 straight mods in a row.. total revamp of thier core abilities.. crazy sauce..

problem with tr, is they dont offer much buffing, we dont really need control and they do not do nearly enough aOE to clear as fast as other classes.. that being said, high end trs, still are pretty good.. they are just not as easy to use as cws/gwfs are atm...

• Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User

I personally do not group often with people outside of my guild/ alliance often. But tonight for the hell of it I asked out and got a random group for ToNG. Before this run I had only 1 successful run with my guild and 2 failed guild runs. The party make up was OP tank, AC dc, Templock SW, MoF CW and myself SW combat HR. The run was a joke, it felt like running a ETOS and we finished it just over the 30 min mark.

I understand most people want to run a DPS build but lets be honest, it is just not viable atm. And with loadouts why not have a support build to be able to knock out the dungeon fast and then play DPS everywhere else. All classes have viable support builds, better off learning how to do it all.

This.

Most players will always succeed when running in an optimum group setup.
    Plus now with the ability to switch loadouts at fires (except MSP right now) this is easily done. But everything is about speed now. How fast can we run this? And there's nothing wrong with that.

I main a TR and DC. Admittedly I do more runs on my DC, but when I do get to run my TR, I make the most of it and can hold my own against other DPS.
    The main issue with TR's is they are single target orientated, which is fine as I enjoy the playstyle. Whats not fine is their damage output. Simply increasing the main/offhand base damage to higher levels would make a great difference.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Tbh, as far as T9G is concerned, GWF are mostly wanted as DPS for their survivability. I've seen many squishier classes go down, mostly on the 2nd boss.

That's the issue imo, cause good cw or hr can do as much damage than gwf. Tr and SW might need some love tho.

*Edited for typos
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Sorry, but no. I would rather less popular classes get buffed than we'd lose the opportunity to private queue with friends without needing to worry about one of us getting dc'd mid-dungeon and replaced by a random person. Why shouldn't be able to play with friends no matter what class combination that gives us?

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Telling the Devs to disable private queues because you don't have friends to run dungeons with isn't a problem with the game.. It sounds like it's a problem with the people you're around. Fix that and then there won't be a problem.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    zajojajo said:

I saw CW MOF one time with huge DPS i don't know how he doing this because they cant DPS, must be some cheater.

was this toon's name Ana?
  • Options

zajojajo said:

I saw CW MOF one time with huge DPS i don't know how he doing this because they cant DPS, must be some cheater.

"Huge DPS" can easily be a function of how much buff/debuff is going on, and whether or not you have anyone else in the party capable of doing huge DPS. If your MoF was going head to head with a BIS GWF, and doing huge DPS, then *that* would be amazing.
    If you only have 1 real DPS in the party (any class), and you seriously, seriously buff/debuff for them, they will look HUGE.
    You can check out the videos of this web page (full screen), showing one of the game's best DPS, with one of the game's best buffers, shredding bosses in seconds. Click on "Why MoF?" to see how buffers multiply damage much better than additional DPS in the party.

https://cylernwo.wixsite.com/voodoo

Luke, @zajojajo is one of the dps CWs I have ever seen with or with buffs

• Options
    edited September 2017
    what the OP posted is what everyone now believes is the optimal group composition and OMG we can not vary from this party set up. I have run many ToNGs and once you know the mechanics group composition become less important. The only real difference is time, 30 minutes compared to 45 minutes, big whoop. My main is a GWF and I have ran more on my Temp SW (as heals/buff) than my GWF. Limiting queues is a stupid idea. Join a guild/alliance and prove your worth. Make use of loadouts, kills me people who refuse to change specs for what is needed for a successful run and that is all that really matters is to be successful, get your loot, and have fun!
  • Options
    zhaker#4665 zhaker Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    mynaam said:

Hi

Please concider Disabling Private Queue on end game dungeons. Private Queue is currently making it impossible for some classes (like TR) to do end game content like To9G.

Forcing parties to take only 1 tank and 1 dc will open up 3 dps slots where current end game teams only take 1 . this is a major problem and should be looked into it will just get worst as more and more content are released.

I know the 15k players will not like this but it will be good for any player that is 12k+.

I realise that this will propably be ignored, but now you can't say you did not know this was happening..

Current Party com For To9G is : Tank/Tank/DC/DC/GWF ... hr and cw are used as buffers sometimes if can't find 2nd dc.

It is clear that some classes are seriosly being prevented from progressing please look into this

Sorry, but no.

This is end game content, not something that everyone can do. Just because your 12k DPS doesn't mean automatic go in and collect loot and pass go. This isn't monopoly.

ToNG is hard, and also fun if you got a good group who understand the mechanics. If you're asking me to group with random 12k pugs who wont take the time to learn, listen, gear up and adapt then this will mean headaches for all.

Just cause you got enough gear != your going to handle ToNG at all.

I DO understand your complaint, but its the wrong context.

You don't punish others who are trying to get as efficient as possible for playing the game.

If you want to get in you need to prove yourself and make friends with the support classes.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    meirami said:

Sorry, but no. I would rather less popular classes get buffed than we'd lose the opportunity to private queue with friends without needing to worry about one of us getting dc'd mid-dungeon and replaced by a random person. Why shouldn't be able to play with friends no matter what class combination that gives us?

Because that very situation is keeping players out of the content, maybe?

• Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Most people have no idea why they're asking for this or that class, they just blindly follow the trend.

I noticed a growing trend of asking for GWF rather than any DPS which is rather funny cause apart from a few exceptions (very good player with much better gear) my HR can vastly out-damage any GWF thrown his way.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,228 Arc User
    edited September 2017

meirami said:

No its not, though the changes they are pushing will make it so that very few players run dungeons, which sounds like keeping players out of content.
    Yes, this propose change would just make people not to run that dungeon. With a right pre-made party, it is already hard to finish and take forever to finish. WIth a random party, it means the successful rate would be even worse.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

meirami said:

There is literally NOTHING keeping you from starting a party yourself with friends, and doing any content you have the item level and skill for. You can even solo and duo dungeons now. Pugging with pseudo-elitists is what this post is about. Of course they will mimic what they see in speedrun videos. It does not mean you can't start your own party with whatever combo of classes you want. This is not a queue issue, it is a pugging issue.
    PPL are speedrunning To9G already?!? 0,o

• Options

meirami said:

No its not, though the changes they are pushing will make it so that very few players run dungeons, which sounds like keeping players out of content.
    If players dislike the way partys are formed, & protest by choosing not to run dungeons... that is their choice. If, on the other hand, players wanting to run the content are being excluded from parties because they chose the "wrong" class...
  • Options
    baoshionebaoshione Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    "Disable private queue" is something that will never happen, if they do at least 80% people will complain about the changes. I've unlocked T9G with my TR, and i was spamming like hell to find a group with no success and i had to unlock it with my DC to run that dungeon. A better solution that devs should think about is, being this game is based on D&D for example there could be some traps that only TRs can unlock them, then you can find some kind of shortcuts, like a secret passage where you can save 10-15mins of the run, but you can still do the dungeon without TRs taking the long way...
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

That was not my point. There are many FBI speedrun videos, they usually use DO DC, AC/DC, DPS GF, OP, and one GWF. So, that is now what everybody wants to use for ALL content, thinking that other DPS classes can't fill the DPS spot. That is not true at all. It is that GWF is just purposefully overused in speedruns.

And GWF is wanted because they are best dps combined with best dps survivability. No tradeoff at all. Of course all groups want a GWF, not like there is any shortage of them :)
  • Options
    siegericsiegeric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    If you aren't getting picked, it more likely because the people who know you do not value your contributions for end-game content or the people who don't know you aren't willing to take a chance on you (anything close to the minimum entry qualifications is taking a chance - just because you can queue for a dungeon doesn't mean you should). ToNG can be fairly unforgiving, and most people don't want to carry someone who isn't pulling their weight because they want to successfully complete the run in a reasonable amount of time.

I know plenty of skilled TRs and SWs and completed a ToNG run last night with an OP, a AC/DC, a GWF, a TR, and a SW. It actually went smoother than a 2 DC run that came after. The closer you are to the minimum entry requirement will also be an impediment as people are less likely to choose you over a high IL TR/other random DPS unless they know you are a skilled player. If you want to get picked, develop relationships with others and demonstrate to them that you can perform. If you can't be bothered to develop relationships with other players, there are plenty of single-player games where you can likely excel.
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    The problem is the stupid mentality of MANY players in this game. over 99% of the playerbase can't think for themselves and can only mimic others at best.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

No, what he is saying that the elitists he is in channels with or alliance with will not invite TRs as main DPS, so disable the private queue.

Time to change channels/alliances then. Having a TR as a DPS in tomb doesnt stray far from having any other DPS as long as the party can coordinate buffs and debuffs.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

zajojajo said:

MoF's can DPS fine, the investment to do so is just heavy. Just because he was an MoF we shouldn't assume he was Renegade, he was most likely Thaum.
    I think he was trolling haha XD