What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Multiple Crashes past latest update!

2»

Comments

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Is it possible there is a difference hardware wise that may be conflicting in the newer consoles? What version console does everyone here with issues use?

My wife and I both play on separate XB1's (both are the same model) and the problem seems to happen on my account whether I am signed on to my XB or her XB. I think it's only happened to her 1-2 times over the last 3 weeks where as it's happened more for me the last few days. Just had another dashboard this morning while switching to invoke.
  • Options
    musuojoe#9634 musuojoe Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Is it possible there is a difference hardware wise that may be conflicting in the newer consoles? What version console does everyone here with issues use?

My wife and I both play on separate XB1's (both are the same model) and the problem seems to happen on my account whether I am signed on to my XB or her XB. I think it's only happened to her 1-2 times over the last 3 weeks where as it's happened more for me the last few days. Just had another dashboard this morning while switching to invoke.
    Well I just tried deleting my GT and went to play again, played ok for about 15 mins and sitting on my mount @ the fire in WOD I crashed to dashboard doin absolutley nothing..
  • Options
    And another dashboard at the end of MSVA...while opening the chest...received nothing...and of course you can't get back in after you crash..not at all frustrating...really...it's more fun this way.
  • Options
    missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Mhm, there is always a 100% APP CRASH RATE for one of a 5 player group right when you enter the portal to the next section after the first boss (Kabal) in MSP! Private match.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Giving up for a couple hours. A least 6 crashes in the last four hours.
  • Options
    meraks#0999 meraks Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I've only crashed playing on my main 4 or 5 times in the past week and a half, but last night, playing on a recently made alt, I crashed 4 times in the span of 30 minutes. All while attempting to do menial tasks in protectors enclave, running between various vendors and quest givers.
    XBOX GT @ Merak Starborne
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter
    I stopped believing this morning; Journey is going to be PISSED.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    We are hoping to get the fix out for crashes very soon.
  • Options
    Do not know if the new patch worked. Just got to random disconnects in last 10 minutes.
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    The NW crashes I've seen recently on Xbox all looked the same:
    1) Game freezes
    2) Xbox shuts down the game
    3) Xbox starts spinning fans like crazy for 10 seconds as if it was overheating.
    So yes, it's probably CPU/GPU rendering issues. Happens most often under a heavy load - such as when dragon zerging in WoD.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    I was checking mail in Caer-Konig.
  • Options
    kitsune13#1902 kitsune13 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    It is 12:41am est August 2nd 2017 so certainly after yesterdays maintenance and so far myself, my husband and several of our Guildies have been having some real issues.
    We keep getting disconnected from the game, when we ARE on it is lagging like crazy, sever stops responding followed by more disconnects and then takes forever to load back in or takes between 5-10 attempts to just get to the character select screen which won't load characters.
    We have hard reset our Xbox's, checked our connection (which says "All Good"). Reset the router just in case.
    It's not an issue with Xbox it is just Neverwinter as other online games are fine also.
    This has now being going on for over an hour and I just can't do it anymore, things like this make the game beyond unenjoyable and at times like this it ends up being a complete waste of time and an evening.
  • Options
    Crashed twice a little while ago while changing characters.
  • Options
    Had a crash free experience last night but the lag was some of the worst I have ever experienced in NW.
  • Options

Had a crash free experience last night but the lag was some of the worst I have ever experienced in NW.

Wish I could get a crash free night. I was trying to get all my toons through the weekly. It seems to happen mostly when changing locations and characters.
  • Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    FBI run with 2 friends and 2 randies today, as soon as drufi drops dead my dc buddy game crashes and he obviously couldn't get any loot.
  • Options
    draco16#8040 draco16 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Killed Orcus yesterday and got dced afterwards. Have tried resets, modem reset to no avail. The last two patches have completely destabilized the game for me.
    The Draconic Brotherhood GH 20
    Escape the Ordinary GH 20

Lord Havok GWF
    Lady Icethorn CW
    Brother Heals DC
    Lord Bubble OP
    Sister Tetera GF
  • Options
    gbrlpf22gbrlpf22 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2017

The NW crashes I've seen recently on Xbox all looked the same:
    1) Game freezes
    2) Xbox shuts down the game
    3) Xbox starts spinning fans like crazy for 10 seconds as if it was overheating.
    So yes, it's probably CPU/GPU rendering issues. Happens most often under a heavy load - such as when dragon zerging in WoD.

Ye very similar on pc/notebook, my notebook cooler always spin faster like theres an overheating before crashing, i dont have a great pc aswell, but i think its enough to play NW, its not suposed to overload the machine till it crash ....

Also the error is always the same Direct 3d... Device device removed... blah blah blah

Post edited by gbrlpf22 on
    Mara Canà - Trickster Rogue 15k - Strawberry Yakuza
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Well, been a few resets since my last post and things have become worse for my girlfriend. Yet my game play has gone perfectly. She spends anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours trying to get into the game now. She gets to character select screen fine every time. But when she attempts to login to a toon, it loads a loading screen, spins a few times, freezes, then dashboard. She is beyond frustrated and ready to just quit the game. So i added her xbox live account to my xbox and her account works flawlessly on my console. No lag, no problems loading, or switching toons. This makes no sense to me. This tells me its something related to her xbox. Which is only 3 months old and has given her issues with neverwinter since it came out of the box. We even did a factory reset including game wipe on her xbox today and it still persists. This issue doesnt happen with any other game on her xbox. Hope those updates to fix these issues comes soon..............

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)