test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple Crashes past latest update!

missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Yoooo what's going on huh? Happesn mostly traveling through the PE. Game freezes and total app crash. Happened to me and full group to each one during some runs today PAST UPDATE aswell.

Before that latest update I haven't had any crashes in loooong time. So long that I honestly can't remember. PLEASE look into that and fix it, cheers!

Mod edit: Removed all-caps from subject title.
Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I started getting these on June 22nd after the patch. Direct3D error's that said:

(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating index buffer. Reason:
    0x887a0006 (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)

A few others in the forums have also experienced this on PC. Although it seemed to correct itself for me magically on Sunday of all things on July 16th. Although a few others seemed to then start seeing it at that same time.

I suspect it's likely some graphic setting change their having to tweak for based on the video card's used. Although if it's effecting XBOX as well hopefully that should be a little quicker to resolve as most use similar card's and settings.

Interesting to note I for the first time saw this issue on Star Trek Online for the first time yesterday after downloading their latest patch as well. So I'm not sure what changed but hopefully someone at Cryptic is looking into it and will find a resolution for most people very soon if they haven't already for some.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Have you tried doing a hard reboot of your Xbox to see if that fixes it? So far I haven't noticed these issues today, and I haven't seen any other complaints about this.

YES lmao, that's always the first reply you get anywhere suport etc. FYI I power cycle my console EVERYDAY became a habit no biggie. ;) Another few crashes:

- During bossfight in MSP
    - and yet again in PE right after accessing the guild bank

We will see how it goes, maybe more people will open their mouth about it maybe not.
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I crashed three times yesterday, and before the latest patch I had rarely if ever crashed. Once in PE, once in WoD during dragon runs, and once in Tiamat. Normally, before the latest patch, the game would lock up and have that harrowing locked up sound for a few seconds then fix itself. Now it just goes black and sends me back home.

Edit: The day after I have also crashed in MSVA.
    Post edited by arod7932 on
  • daytimedragon#1825 daytimedragon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Had to sign in just because I couldn't take it anymore. I already saw that the thread is being forwarded but just to add my two cents, ever since the update i've had MANY crashes. They can range up to ten times a day depending on my playtime and I just had 3 recent ones in a ten minute time span. I don't get an error code and it just takes me to the dashboard. For me these have happened almost anywhere in the game.
  • ollybongo89#3420 ollybongo89 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Hey same here, crashed twice yesturday, 1 after switching back to my main char and 2nd after using the bank in pe, plz fix.
    It also crashed once earlier today i wemt to stronghold and after it loaded crashes, weird.

Btw what i mean by crash is the screen freezes for 3-8sec then it fully closes the game back to the dashboard
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Multiple crashes in the last half hour. Got and error about The console was unable to get a security token, please try again later. Or something like that. Hope they get it fix soon.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    I had over 50 crashes on PS4 since the patch, 5 in last 2 Gambit runs. And before the patch I had 1-2 max in a month. This is unacceptable.
  • musuojoe#9634 musuojoe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @ollybongo89#3420 said:
    > Hey same here, crashed twice yesturday, 1 after switching back to my main char and 2nd after using the bank in pe, plz fix.
    > It also crashed once earlier today i wemt to stronghold and after it loaded crashes, weird.
    >
    > Btw what i mean by crash is the screen freezes for 3-8sec then it fully closes the game back to the dashboard

Same thing her on xbox, patch saeems toi, have nerfed the play time really bad, 3 crashes in Wells in under 10mins to dashboard. Please fix asap..
  • kierenpayne93#1977 kierenpayne93 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    since the last update every time im in well of dragons my game freezes and takes me to dashboard. its happend for two days now i have hard reset xbox unplugged all cables reinstalled game too and still freezing not happy at all should get stuff for free for missing out. sort it out please
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The game crashed my laptop nvidia 960m video so hard that i literally had to remove the battery to get it to restart
    lots andlots of crashes in the past months ..possibly something to do with to reprograming how the game frees up video memory or resources which was mentioned in some patch somewhere

so ya i experienced this on pc with the patches you guys are getting now ...
    Any update on this major issue fron the devs yet?
    I ran a tiamat with my guild earlier, went to go open the box at the end and it crashed, no loot
    Please get this forwarded to the devs plz so they can take a look and fix it during maintenance on Tuesday
  • dukesirashidukesirashi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The NW app on the xbox crashed with a loud machine gun noise after killing the boss in ELOL. Dungeon failed on reload and loaded into dread ring. Heard this is happening from other people. Any ideas?

Hard restarted and it just did it again in WOD. Never saw this before. :(
    Post edited by dukesirashi on
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Any update on this major issue fron the devs yet?

I ran a tiamat with my guild earlier, went to go open the box at the end and it crashed, no loot

Please get this forwarded to the devs plz so they can take a look and fix it during maintenance on Tuesday

No updates at this time. I will try to get an update on it Monday.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    Ok thanks kreatyve, keep us updated plz
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've crashed about 6 times between Tuesday (post update) and yesterday, usually when zoning or changing characters. This is new as the game doesn't usually crash for me.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Crashed on me 2 more times roday running Tiamat, just re-newed myn VIP also and only getting 3 weeks use, not good..
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I've crashed about 6 times between Tuesday (post update) and yesterday, usually when zoning or changing characters. This is new as the game doesn't usually crash for me.

Same problem I am having.
    edited July 2017
    So I was truly right.

Things are getting worse now:

-100% crashes while trying to travel to any STRONGHOLDS (works after game force closed but crashes again after a while)
    -50% crash rate while switching simply characters

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone, I'm escalating as much detail as provided and we're looking into it. I may reach out individually to folks via PM if additional info is necessary.
    Just logged in fresh today after a night break, another:

-Queued up for regular demo, at the loading screen APP CRASH
    -travelled from PE to RD APP CRASHED again at the loading screen

Both happened within 10 minutes!

Maintenance was yesturday, did the devs look into it? Whats causing the issue, surely it would be logged server side for them to look at.
    Im only asking as you said we would get an update on the situation

Maintenance was yesturday, did the devs look into it? Whats causing the issue, surely it would be logged server side for them to look at.

Im only asking as you said we would get an update on the situation

None it was just a SERVER RESET, cause I crashed again 2x in middle of PE by just going from seals trader to guild bank. Playtime was like 5 minutes total...

Oh great well ive only got a few days of vip left, was gona renew today but ill wait until we get an official response / fix underway.
    Duno bout everyone else but I cant justify paying money to a game if you cant play it properly
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Came here to report more crashing since last Tuesday's patch (18/07/2017) but see quite a few have beat me to it. Below is a list of where or when I've experienced a crash. There have been more but these are the ones I can remember. The crash is nearly always the 'machine-gunning effect' followed by the app crashing and me being on the Xbox Home page.

1. Trying to accept a quest from the Ranger in the Stronghold. Twice, once on each character.
    2. Loading onto my DC who was in Protector's.
    3. Twice in Spellplague Caverns (same character but two different dungeon instances).
    4. Once in the Summer Festival. Wasn't really doing anything...
    5. Several times when loading into Dungeons. Different Dungeons e.g. Etos, CN, MSVA etc. Also others in my party have crashed whilst loading into dungeons.

Everyone I've spoken to in-game have said they have had more crashes since the update than usual. I don't normally have any issues besides the usual. Certainly not crashing like this.

Hope this gets resolved soon.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Adding myself to the list of people suffering random crashes.

Crashes had been fairly sparse over the last 2 weeks. Since Tuesdays reset I have crashed more times over a 24 hour period than I had over the last 2 weeks. No rhyme or reason but every single crash has occurred during a load screen. I've crashed while switching to another character, while loading into PE, loading into dungeons/skirmishes/various other locations/etc. The one consistent thing on my end is the crashes always occur during load screens.

It's frustrating beyond belief to have restart from the dashboard multiple times just to switch characters.
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    My girlfriend has been experiencing the same issues as everyone above. Ever since the update she cant change characters or change zones without it dashboarding her. Meanwhile i sit beside her in the same room without a single problem. Game works flawlessly as far as crashing is concerned. Now heres the kicker, i have a first release xbox one. She has the newer slim xbox one. Is it possible there is a difference hardware wise that may be conflicting in the newer consoles? What version console does everyone here with issues use?

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

My girlfriend has been experiencing the same issues as everyone above. Ever since the update she cant change characters or change zones without it dashboarding her. Meanwhile i sit beside her in the same room without a single problem. Game works flawlessly as far as crashing is concerned. Now heres the kicker, i have a first release xbox one. She has the newer slim xbox one. Is it possible there is a difference hardware wise that may be conflicting in the newer consoles? What version console does everyone here with issues use?

I don't think so,cause when it started happening to me that was the first thing I tried and I crashed on my day 1 console pretty much the same as my Xbox S.. The kicker today is I crashed in my inventory trying to up-grade an artifact belt, this is getting worse and just gonna let my VIP run out till they fix this..
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Dashboarded right at the end of edemo last night. No loot for me :(
    Guild - Excalibur