test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.85.20170711b.5

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's Tomb of Annihilation release can be found here.

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    Illusionist's Gambit Skirmish: The drop rates for Companion rings have been adjusted for Silver and Gold tier rewards.

is this really just adjusted for rings? not the other things too? why? lol

• time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    An animation-related crash has been addressed.
    A cap on the number of VFX objects with client-side physics has been introduced. This should improve general performance when certain powers are used.
    A physics-related type of crash has been neutralized.
    Various UI crashes have been updated.

I really hope this is true i really do
  • sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Bank
    Both the Personal and Shared Banks now have Sort functionality.
    The Guild Bank now properly has a sort button.

Can we get a confirmation pop-up for this? I'm sure I'm not the only person who custom places items in my bags/bank so I can better find them, the sort function doesn't follow this. Accidently clicking on the sort button can be a pain. While not game breaking a simple pop-up asking if we are sure we wish to continue would be a nice addition.

As for the guild bank, will only Rank 7 be allowed or can we assign the ability to sort the guild bank tabs?
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    So we should be trying for 5 Legendary level companions?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

So we should be trying for 5 Legendary level companions?

No, the incremental increase with each is pretty little. Upgrading more than 1 maybe 2 legendary companions is silly until you've gotten everything else sorted in my opinion :)
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Oh Dear Lord sort button finally !!!! yay!

&

Another bag slot, woho !
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User

Illusionist's Gambit Skirmish: The drop rates for Companion rings have been adjusted for Silver and Gold tier rewards.

is this really just adjusted for rings? not the other things too? why? lol

I asked about this there:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1232915/illusionists-gambit-skirmish-the-drop-rates-for-companion-rings-have-been-adjusted

and in preview release note topic. With no response from devs.. Would be nice to have some clarification.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Well,

Power Points may now be purchased in the Zen Market in packs of 1 or 10 under the Services category. Please note that player characters cannot consume these packs if their Power Point total would be taken above 124.
    so, instead of getting at least 1 Power Point per filling the overflow XP up to a certain amount, we can now purchase the missing PP...
    any changes on the "drop chance" of Power Points within this patch too? :|
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Maybe I missed it, but has the BtC bug been fixed? What I mean is the situation where you visit one of the vendors and buy armor "for other classes" - which works fine, except the armor binds on pickup to the character who bought it - instead of being properly BtA.

This issue was still present on Preview a few days ago - I haven't checked the last build there, so I don't know if this has been fixed or not.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    > @muminekm#3459 said:
    > Illusionist's Gambit Skirmish: The drop rates for Companion rings have been adjusted for Silver and Gold tier rewards.
    >
    >
    > is this really just adjusted for rings? not the other things too? why? lol
    >
    >
    >
    > I asked about this there:
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1232915/illusionists-gambit-skirmish-the-drop-rates-for-companion-rings-have-been-adjusted
    >
    > and in preview release note topic. With no response from devs.. Would be nice to have some clarification.

Ty, I was hoping it was what pitshade said there. Fingers xd that is right.
    Btw love the kitten
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    My info came from @flensburger99 so if we don't get satisfaction, blame Peach.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Is this where we will be kept up-to-date on the server maintenance progress? ETA 2hrs from now?
    @nitocris83
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Oathbound Paladin: Divine Protector now properly prevents 60% of incoming damage, rather than only 40%.

Lol wut. Didn't even realize XD

Certain Companions no longer incorrectly gradually gain stats over time.

This might explain the bonding issue people were reporting with unstable stats. Wonder which companions were impacted...

The Active Companion Bonus for Archons now properly counts the number of Archons a player has active.

Tested confirmed to be working. Remember that Fire Archon doesn't have a +0.5% per Archon friend on their active, but it does count as +0.5% for the other Archon actives.

Bronzewood Enchantment: Ranks 11 and 12 now work as described in the tooltip.

Interesting. Does that mean Sharp's bug about them has been addressed?

Characters who were stuck mid-level in Alchemy should now be fixed.

Lol I'll believe it when I see it, but if true would be a really kind thing :)

The available [campaign boosts] are: Elemental Evil, The Maze Engine, and Storm King's Thunder.

Yissssss. Never thought I'd be so happy about a campaign unlock, but then again never though I'd dislike a campaign so much.

Power Points may now be purchased in the Zen Market in packs of 1 or 10 under the Services category. Please note that player characters cannot consume these packs if their Power Point total would be taken above 124.

It's a trap! A poorly designed trap, to boot.

Would really help if they weren't all mysterious in wording updates that are very likely supposed to be beneficial to the players...

Having too many items in the Overflow Bag no longer prevents players from posting auctions.

Kind move, appreciated.

Both the Personal and Shared Banks now have Sort functionality.

Kind move, appreciated

Corsair keyboards...

Glad they are spending development effort on this partnership.

Players may now zoom the camera in and out by scrolling the mouse wheel up and down.

Wooohoooo I hope it's even better than binding janky fov commands to a mousewheel.

Dropdown menus are now properly clickable when their options are outside the bounds of their parent window.

Woohoo I hope this doesn't have unintended consequences...

A cap on the number of VFX objects with client-side physics has been introduced. This should improve general performance when certain powers are used.

Baby steps to addressing graphics degradation and stability? Yay!

Prophecy of Doom: The fix to allow Prophecy of Doom to take its own damage debuff into account was incorrectly reverted. As a result, this power currently deals less damage than expected.

Are any other power impacted?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Does anyone know if we can disable the camera zoom functionality? I have mount bound to mouse button 4 and jump to mouse button 5, which are pushing the mouse wheel to the left and to the right, respectively. That would mean often inadvertently changing the zoom every time I used my mount or jumped.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    The first thing I'm doing is using the new (OVERDUE) sort buttons at the bank. $#^@ Finally! Thanks :D
    - behold, halflings.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    With the Corsair keyboards, how does that work? Do you need to download a special profile or is there something in the keyboard's software/driver that detects what game you are playing?
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    how am I supposed to play with this default camera distance? the command doesn't work anymore. I can't play like this.
  • tyrlaan#5615 tyrlaan Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    No mention of the Alliance gear in the patch notes but it got removed from the seal vendor too (as were Seals of the Elements).

Is there any way to get hands on (Elemental) Alliance gear now to complete collections?
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    i should of known the crash would never go away goddammit!
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    Extra bag slot and journal rework, thank-you.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Enjoying the new mod.

Please consider fixing the HR class feature seekers vengeance with regard to melee hits, it's been known and demonstrated to be broken for many months now, and the HR community, particularly the combat builds, would be very grateful.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    so far, the new mod is hard as skt was during launch. nice mod so far, and nice rewards too.

dev team really had a hard work on all that jungle and its environment just to make an awesome mod!!!
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • bsrielbnwn3bsrielbnwn3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    What was the reasoning behind the change in the South Sea Fashion for females? The Patch notes do not mention it.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Quest Journal improvements are good and very much appreciated, but they could be made better.

Two suggestions:

Save the changes I make - If I close/collapse something, I don't want it automatically to open the next time I go in the journal.

Have an option to only show quests in current area.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • salmistrasalmistra Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    My GWF lost roughly 10% crit chance. Resistance ignored fluctuates around 6%
    3x bonding 12 and full equip. 5x legendary companion
This discussion has been closed.