test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[RESOLVED]Zen Market and Gift Issues

Comments

• Options
    calexistacalexista Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Also unable to claim the free bag on the PC. Between me and my friends 1 out of 7 accounts were able to even see the free bag today. I am suspecting that it may have to do with previous giveaways of the bag interfering with this one thinking that you already claimed one this time around as well. The only 1 who was able to claim it was a newer account that has never claimed a free bag before.
  • Options
    praendlpraendl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Also playing on PC and unable to claim the bag. That's as of 3pm Eastern time. Did not even see it offered. Player name is @praendl. Thank you.
  • Options
    alicat22000alicat22000 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Extend the sale for the week. That gives all players time to make purchases and for some of us who had no idea that there was a sale, some time to get paid to make purchases. What are you losing from this. Your making more money in a week than you would in a month. I put tons of money into this game. I'm not talking $10 here of there. I'm talking about 2 or more 11000 zen packs a week. I have so many characters and the event did not show me that there was a zen sale. Plus my chat glitch still hasn't been adrassed and I posted that 2 months ago to bug reports and to support. You want money, well you may just end up losing more. Consider players who think of gaming as an investment. You lose them, you crash.
  • Options
    ashanlylanaashanlylana Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi there, for me the free bag also isn't showing. My gamehandle is @ashanlylana. I tried logging in again,and waiting a few hours but unfortunately it didn't work.I would need it for my character Lucien Andariel Daey. I'm playing on pc. Thanks
  • Options
    adrianoms85#1700 adrianoms85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Its been more than 2 hours since the evento was over and we still Get no updates on situation
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Your post @ 12:19 PM PT

Its been more than 2 hours since the evento was over and we still Get no updates on situation

OP Updated @ 12:11 PM PT

Update 12:11pm PT

We continue to work on finding the cause of the Zen Sale ending early, issues with purchasing in the Zen Market, and claiming the daily gift as well as establishing next steps. We will provide more information when available.

It's frustrating to have to wait, I get it. But it's clear they are working on fixing it, and what kind of update were you hoping for other than "still working on it" or "yay it's finally resolved!"
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I know the situation is frustrating, but please be patient. They have to understand why things went wrong, then fix the issues, before they can make a commitment about next steps.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    audioboxer#8681 audioboxer Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Thanks for updating OP to acknowledge sale issue as well.
  • Options
    baronvonheller#7081 baronvonheller Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    dupeks said:

It's frustrating to have to wait, I get it. But it's clear they are working on fixing it, and what kind of update were you hoping for other than "still working on it" or "yay it's finally resolved!"

"It will take more time for us to resolve the problem, but rest assured, we will eventually extend the sale so that nobody will miss out on the advertised 50% Zen Market Sale event."

That would do nicely.

• Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I just want to chime in here that I do not have the bag of holding available on PC (@bigblackafrica). Additionally, neither my wife (@catsie414) nor I have received any Protector's Figurines today.
    Post edited by bigblackafrica on
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited June 2017

dupeks said:

"It will take more time for us to resolve the problem, but rest assured, we will eventually extend the sale so that nobody will miss out on the advertised 50% Zen Market Sale event."

That would do nicely.

It sure would. Here's some speculation about why such a statement might be difficult to make. I have no information about this specific company, but I appreciate that things aren't always simple in a corporate setting.

I doubt that the people working on fixing this are allowed to make ad-hoc financial decisions. Especially with XBOX and PS4 also figuring into the mix for promotions.

In all likelihood, they would have to make a request and have it travel the red tape road through various corporate approvals. And if we end up seeing an extension, it's possible that they've already begun this process at this point in time. But they can't speak openly about it in case finance doesn't grant approval. Finance might want to know the extent of the disruption before they approve a compensation package. And CM can't post about it until it's approved.

Is that poopy? Yesh. Could they do it better / more proactively? Probably, if it was a corporate priority. Will they? Unlikely, for the reasons I cite above.

I'm not a Cryptic shill, and again I agree with the frustration. But I also want to point out that in all likelihood this isn't an easy situation to rectify quickly.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I know the situation is frustrating, but please be patient. They have to understand why things went wrong, then fix the issues, before they can make a commitment about next steps.

I agree people should be patient for a fix to come but I have to disagree that they need to what went wrong to make a commitment to their user base. It sounds as though you are speaking more on the technical side of fixing what went wrong before being able to commit to anything.

I believe most people don't care what glitched the system. We're concerned with how we proceed without knowing what the plan is as far as zen store sales. These kind of decisions are made all the time by other companies whether they are online or offline. Something breaks, you gather the braintrust and immediately decide how you make things right.

The issues are on the devs end to fix. The marketing/sales/leadership can easily come to a decision as to whether the sale gets extended without knowing what actually went wrong. We don't need to know anything super specific right now like "the sale is extended from 3pm PST to 6pm PST".

But we do want to know "hey guys, we realize something broke in the store. We're working diligently to find and fix the problem. As soon as it's fixed we plan on putting the zen sale back up for 24 additional hours". It's really that simple. Feel free to just copy that and follow it along to your decision makers. They can even alter the "24 additional hours" to any other numbers in the range of 25-72 if they feel the need.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited June 2017

I agree people should be patient for a fix to come but I have to disagree that they need to what went wrong to make a commitment to their user base. It sounds as though you are speaking more on the technical side of fixing what went wrong before being able to commit to anything.

I believe most people don't care what glitched the system. We're concerned with how we proceed without knowing what the plan is as far as zen store sales. These kind of decisions are made all the time by other companies whether they are online or offline. Something breaks, you gather the braintrust and immediately decide how you make things right.

The issues are on the devs end to fix. The marketing/sales/leadership can easily come to a decision as to whether the sale gets extended without knowing what actually went wrong. We don't need to know anything super specific right now like "the sale is extended from 3pm PST to 6pm PST".

But we do want to know "hey guys, we realize something broke in the store. We're working diligently to find and fix the problem. As soon as it's fixed we plan on putting the zen sale back up for 24 additional hours". It's really that simple. Feel free to just copy that and follow it along to your decision makers. They can even alter the "24 additional hours" to any other numbers in the range of 25-72 if they feel the need.
    ^ This, just being (almost) silent isn't the best option in this case, at least that's not how I would handle it anyway...
  • Options
    johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Myself working in corporate technology, I agree you can never offer anything until budget is agreed on and approved by all stakeholders.

If you tell the player base you are looking at any solution and that ends up getting denied or reduced you have infuriated your base even more.

My assumption is that looking into it is both what caused the problem and what if anything can be done to make up to those that lost out.
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    I'd speculate this sale makes them a ton of money and they want it fixed moreso than we do.
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    The free bag is not appearing for any of my characters this year. I have a feeling it is not showing up because I claimed one last year.

I was able to claim the day 1 items just fine.

Is there a fix for this? More bags is always welcome!
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    bomber#0573 bomber Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    > @sulster1911 said:
    > The credit card part of PS4 is down. You can't even add funds to the site now.

Lol so it's not just me then. I still can't buy Zen this morning.
  • Options
    sekkerhundsekkerhund Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Well, for a lot of us who are anxious and impatient for a decision about the sale, it's a matter our of buying Zen currency from PSN, with expectations that we still had a 1/3 of the day left on the sale to shop.

Perfect World has our money already. We just want to know if we can spend it for the reason why we bought it.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Well, for a lot of us who are anxious and impatient for a decision about the sale, it's a matter our of buying Zen currency from PSN, with expectations that we still had a 1/3 of the day left on the sale to shop.

Perfect World has our money already. We just want to know if we can spend it for the reason why we bought it.

There has been an update posted on the original post.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    audioboxer#8681 audioboxer Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Remember us in the UK devs when considering turning the 50% back on for the missing hours! (time zones differences ~ a random 7 hour sale between 2am to 9am UK time will miss many lol) Thanks
  • Options
    rich2110rich2110 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Also along with all of what is going on, please be mindful of the thousands of UK and European players who pretty much slept through most the sale when it was active, then to log on and find it not working, if going to give back the hours lost, please make sure all time zones have access, I suggest another straight 24 hours so everyone gets a chance
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    PC player, yesterdays promo worked (Bahamut scale), today not seeing the bag. Checked with nephew and brother, they can't see/claim the bag on any character either (we know it is 1 per account). We each have a Bag of Holding from previous promos, though not sure they are all from the same one (we started at different times).
  • Options
    sonofrobsonofrob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    PC player. Can't claim the bag. It does not show up in store
    SonOfRob
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    sonofrob said:

PC player. Can't claim the bag. It does not show up in store

Same, account @minotaur2857, claimed yesterday's fine

• Options
    spacequeen#6705 spacequeen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I made purchases from the zen market around 10:30 EST then when I woke up today couldn't buy anything at all :(
  • Options
    markasdamarkasda Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Personally I am happy that the sale screwed up because I was waiting for my pay check to come in. This really saved me and now I can actually participate when it comes back up and gets fixed.

I do gotta say though that this so called update, is very lackluster. Its gives no real information. However the people asking if it will be rectified need to calm down. Of course it will be fixed cause if it wasn't then Neverwinter and arc couldnt make money.
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    No bag for me either this year. While i got these bags from past anniversaries, i don't see why this should be a prob to get another one.
  • Options
    zhedyzhedy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yesterday got the free item as is supposed to be. Today no Free Bag for me (PC). Claimed last year. Please solve this.
This discussion has been closed.