test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shroud of Souls Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170515e.5 (Updated 5/31)

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Update 2017-05-31 ~16:10 - The .5 build has been pushed to NeverwinterPreview, and is our candidate for tomorrow. We'll continue to look into the issues raised in this thread! Updates are in light green text.

Content and Environment
River District
  • The lower-difficulty Heroic Encounters are now less likely to become stuck.
General
  • The Hunter Ranger tutorial once again properly states to use Shift to activate the shift power.
  • Several general issues observed in Sea of Moving Ice since Shroud of Souls release have been addressed.

Combat and Powers
General
  • Stationary enemy line and breath attacks no longer incorrectly turn to track the targeted player.

User Interface
Auction House
  • Auction House: More Stronghold items now properly show up in the appropriate Auction House category.
Guilds
  • The "Auto-Decline Alliance Invites" setting is now in the "Information" tab, rather than the "Alliance" settings, as the Alliance settings are only accessible while in an Alliance.
Loadouts
  • When swapping loadouts, items now swap into their replacements' inventory slots.
Vendors
  • After selling fish, vendors no longer incorrectly ask for stack counts for unstackable items.

Graphics and Visuals
General
  • Certain objects no longer appear to shrink into nothingness when the player character moves away from them.

Performance and Stability
General
  • Further changes have been made to support the investigation into the Device Removed crashes.
  • These changes may improve stability for players affected by these crashes, but we can't know for sure until they're seen by the affected players.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    @gwhryr - Regarding a comment in the prior thread, @beckylunatic is correct. We responded to both player feedback and some internal economy reviews, and as a result the AD vouchers are off the Siege rewards for the time being. There should still be some desirable vouchers dropping as part of the event, but I believe the sheer number of them has cooled down from the time we first added them.

It's totally possible I didn't include these in previous patch notes when they happened; my current patch note process doesn't really work the best with events, since I note changes as they happen rather than when the event is beginning - and sometimes, event changes slip through the cracks when I'm trying to keep the notes focused on the current build.

In addition, sometimes it makes sense not to include these changes - for example, when an event is receiving a major update that'd be better summarized as a feature (like Summer last year, with the addition of Sahha). This Siege voucher change isn't one of those cases, though, so I'll see if I can do better about that in the future.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Terramak - are you able to have someone check if Manticore Mane and Manticore Hide are properly dropping from MSVA? Multiple runs of 10 people and no one has seen either drop (checked the ground, the rewards, and the chests).
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Terramak - are you able to have someone check if Manticore Mane and Manticore Hide are properly dropping from MSVA? Multiple runs of 10 people and no one has seen either drop (checked the ground, the rewards, and the chests).

I could have sworn that I save one of those drop for me in MSVA just a day or two ago. But now I'm not so sure, since I also know I ran FBI a couple times.

Still, I pretty strongly remember that it didn't come from a chest and instead appeared in the rewards box at the end of an encounter. So pretty strongly indicating MSVA.

But I don't always pay such close attention, so it's possible I'm mixing things up and got the drop from FBI

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @terramak will this build fix the lag and disconnect issues that started in the 5/25 patch? I am hoping that can be fixed before the weekend if possible. A lot of players are getting sudden disconnects. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    So from the looks of things, @confusedpoof and I were both right about the rewards from Time Trial (tested) and probably My Only Enemy is Time (untested).

The quest reward UI indicates that you should receive a minor AD voucher, minor surplus voucher, and heroic shards of power, which are the original rewards for these quests. What you actually now get is a minor labor voucher instead of the AD voucher. I *think* this change dates to the 11b build, but am not certain. At any rate, whichever of the reward box tooltip or the reward itself needs to be fixed to be consistent. The changed reward is probably unproblematic provided it was intentional.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    I was getting Astral Diamonds voucher last time I ran my only Enemy is time - last night when I ran it (before the patch), I got a Labor voucher. So its relatively recent then.
  • cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    @terramak

Lightwine ninja-nerf? :worried:

Level 70 (standing in PE):

Should be:

Testing scaled down to Level 30 in Neverdeath:

I'm not sure about other event food buffs.

Sorry, not a critical issue, but I got crates of this stuff :tongue:
  • gwhryrgwhryr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    terramak said:

@gwhryr - Regarding a comment in the prior thread, @beckylunatic is correct. We responded to both player feedback and some internal economy reviews, and as a result the AD vouchers are off the Siege rewards for the time being. There should still be some desirable vouchers dropping as part of the event, but I believe the sheer number of them has cooled down from the time we first added them.

It's totally possible I didn't include these in previous patch notes when they happened; my current patch note process doesn't really work the best with events, since I note changes as they happen rather than when the event is beginning - and sometimes, event changes slip through the cracks when I'm trying to keep the notes focused on the current build.

In addition, sometimes it makes sense not to include these changes - for example, when an event is receiving a major update that'd be better summarized as a feature (like Summer last year, with the addition of Sahha). This Siege voucher change isn't one of those cases, though, so I'll see if I can do better about that in the future.

thx a lot for your answer :)

bad news (my opinion) ..... you could adjust that a voucher can be chosen at tia for example
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    terramak said:

There should still be some desirable vouchers dropping as part of the event, but I believe the sheer number of them has cooled down from the time we first added them.

From somewhat limited engagement with the event thus far, only AD vouchers were outright removed, reducing total voucher types dropped by Siege from 8 to 7.

Influence vouchers seem to have had their drop rate increased dramatically, which to me is a welcome change.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Most campfires that hadn't been allowing Loadout switching now properly do.

None of the campfires that I knew were broken before the patch were fixed. Before 2nd boss in Spellplague Caverns (master) being one of the worst cases

I also really want to point out that the loot tables for Spellplague Caverns (master) are severely troll, and should be looked at from the point that at most people will run this dungeon 3 times (at most) if this is all they get. I have maybe gotten some minor salvage (which is great), but it is far from guaranteed. The minimum rewards should at least justify part of the time spent there. I am specifically talking about the chest rewards. Obviously the drops directly from the bosses can be worthwhile, but then why are we making keys and opening the chests? PS: Sticking these good items in the chest does not solve the issue

Yeah maybe we ran it a bit slow, but these are not proper rewards for spending 45 minutes in one of the hardest dungeons in the game. I literally got better rewards from the first 5 or so minion enemies in the dungeon.

Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

edited May 2017
    @terramak
    Two rather serious looking issues I just found.

The fireballs in Lostmauth's Lair were firing in literally random directions. The angles were not confined to even pointing along the ground. The left path shot fireballs directly at the players as they entered the jumping puzzle instead of along the paths. The fireballs in the boss room were firing somewhat at random, but mostly when directly through the center, instead of outside it.
    http://plays.tv/video/592888dd6e386fa5ba/fireballs-track-people
    http://imgur.com/a/PVaxb
    http://imgur.com/a/c3L9z

The second issue is that ALL Dragon Line Breath Attack has been changed to track the target player instead of sticking in place. It only sticks to the ground once the breath has started dealing damage. This can make the breath attack literally undodgable for some classes, not to mention it looks really funny.

Hati Tail Sweep also affected by this bug.

http://plays.tv/video/592887b67e591f030d/dragon-breath-tracking

Sorry friends whose voices I could not disable :D

edited May 2017

So from the looks of things, @confusedpoof and I were both right about the rewards from Time Trial (tested) and probably My Only Enemy is Time (untested).

The quest reward UI indicates that you should receive a minor AD voucher, minor surplus voucher, and heroic shards of power, which are the original rewards for these quests. What you actually now get is a minor labor voucher instead of the AD voucher. I *think* this change dates to the 11b build, but am not certain. At any rate, whichever of the reward box tooltip or the reward itself needs to be fixed to be consistent. The changed reward is probably unproblematic provided it was intentional.

Did some investigation and confirmed this for My Only Enemy is Time (it looks like Time Trial and this one pull from the same reward pool and show the same tooltip for rewards). This was the same change that removed them from the Jubilee, and also appears to have swapped out AD for other vouchers on the Tiamat Weekly Cache, an Underdark repeatable campaign task, and certain others that give semi-random vouchers.

I can't say with certainty all of the quests / rewards that have been affected by the change, without spending an hour or two fully digging into this. I'll get the Stronghold Ranked Earnings tooltip fixed, though. (The Astral Diamonds voucher appears to have been swapped out in favor of a Labor voucher.)

Edit: Fix made internally, I'll want to get it through localization before I push it live so this one won't be too quick.
    Just found another (or rather was reminded, it's not new). If you get a rank 8 enchant from FBI during 2x Enchants/Runestones, the double it placed in the options and you must choose between either your doubled enchant or your salvage.
    (same chest)
    http://imgur.com/a/ufoYO
    http://imgur.com/a/iOFaK

@darthtzarr - Thanks for all these reports! Getting them written up internally. Do you remember in which build (or at least what date, and on Live or Preview) you first saw the dragon breath line tracking and the Lostmauth fireball issues?
    edited May 2017
    @terramak Live Server, first time I saw the dragon/hati/fireball tracking issues.

FBI Double Enchants issue has been since as long as I can remember.

Spellplague Caverns (Master) Campfires as long as I can remember

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    @terramak I just spent 1 hr in preview and did some stuff without crashing. Looks like my problem is fixed :D
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    @terramak the HR archer capstone feat predator subject to the 200% effectiveness cap, essentially making it completely useless in most group. Is there any way this feat could be change from a 50% debuff to a damage bonus of some kind? The archery tree is really suffering due to the capstone feat.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    @terramak I did notice it was a lot more stable today, so thank you for that. Someone may want to take a look at Fireballs and other such NPC powers... There are some interesting things going on in eLoL.

Edit: I should have read the other replies in the thread, looks like someone already reported it to you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Just found another (or rather was reminded, it's not new). If you get a rank 8 enchant from FBI during 2x Enchants/Runestones, the double it placed in the options and you must choose between either your doubled enchant or your salvage.
    (same chest)

This evening, on live, I got a R8 enchant in FBI and was required to "choose" the doubled R8. I had no other options, though, so I lost nothing.

lowjohn said:

(same chest)

This evening, on live, I got a R8 enchant in FBI and was required to "choose" the doubled R8. I had no other options, though, so I lost nothing.

I have seen that as well.

edited May 2017
    Enchantment reward "choice": Confirmed and written up!

Edit: Lots of edits to my previous post too with various follow-ups.
    Post edited by terramak on
    terramak said:

@confusedpoof - I'll look into the Manticore Hide and Manticore Mane MSva drops.
    UPDATE: They were originally added as a potential drop to the end chest with the release of Shroud of Souls, and the rewards I'm looking at haven't changed since. The drop rate is low enough that your observation is within expectations. (I could be misinterpreting the data, though, as this is my first time looking through this particular set. So please let me know if further attempts make my findings seem inaccurate.)

So if they drop, it's from one of the three chests at the end that you use the campaign keys or Leg keys in - this leads me to think there is something bugged, as 3x10 chests per run, with multiple runs and no one has seen the drops at all. An observation of nothing dropping when I have my guild and alliance all saying no one has gotten anything from MSVA at all is leaning me to the side of it being bugged.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2017

None of the campfires that I knew were broken before the patch were fixed. Before 2nd boss in Spellplague Caverns (master) being one of the worst cases

I also really want to point out that the loot tables for Spellplague Caverns (master) are severely troll, and should be looked at from the point that at most people will run this dungeon 3 times (at most) if this is all they get. I have maybe gotten some minor salvage (which is great), but it is far from guaranteed. The minimum rewards should at least justify part of the time spent there. I am specifically talking about the chest rewards. Obviously the drops directly from the bosses can be worthwhile, but then why are we making keys and opening the chests? PS: Sticking these good items in the chest does not solve the issue

Yeah maybe we ran it a bit slow, but these are not proper rewards for spending 45 minutes in one of the hardest dungeons in the game. I literally got better rewards from the first 5 or so minion enemies in the dungeon.

+1 This is killing the game for me. I ran FBI total of 2 times. SP Ive ran 4 times. Not doing it anymore. Big waste of time and AD.

Im trying to get my friends to run SP so we can get Fartouched Residuum, but since its lagging like hell and bad rewards nobody wants to do it.

Please add Fartouched Residuum to MSVA..... Is so unfair compared to other classes an material that drop in dungeons that dont lag. Also for some reason, the materials needed for CW masterwork offhand/mainhand is ALWAYS more expensive compared to other classes like GF for example. It was the exact same thing last time.

Why hate CW? Also DC has more expensive weapons than the other classes. You can check the AH prices on the materials to see the difference. Either boost the droprate of Fartouched Residuum in SP or add it do a dungeon that is doable without the tremendous lag.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Isn't it logical that a T3 dungeon should have better loot than a T2? If they give worse rewards than EToS then where's the motivation to even queue?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Exactly my reward from yesterday. :( And 2xR5 enchant from second chest. Yay!
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
This discussion has been closed.