test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New loadouts feature is a great idea, but terrible execution! Get rid of the campfire idea.

2»

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    formis08 said:

i dont get it.... why there is so much people crying about it?? we get this far with out the loadouts, changing skills in combat, but now that they add loudouts and you complain about CF in pve?? there is a motherf** campfire before any boss....if you need to do changes of feats and class in the middle of the boss, you realy need to take a break of the game and think what u are doing there

Well, can you count how many people in this thread complains about it? For the record, I did not. So, I count only one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Gonna disagree with this. Swapping out your spec shouldn't be an instant / mid-combat maneuver. It should be done away from things - and a campfire fits the bill perfectly.
  • senticonsenticon Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I don't really see any usefulness in that. Currently every other player can make the build for their character that can carry them throughout entire content. It even diminishes uniqueness of our builds.

Thing that would be MUCH more useful for me at least is only powers swap, like having from 2 to maybe 5 different presets which we can quickly switch on the fly. Not everything from feats to equipment, just powers.

It is already possible and majority of players are doing it very often in higher tier content, but it's tedious, you have to open character menu, and manually swap in and out skills instead of switching with some hotkey, which would be much more convenient. You can't switch recharging skills plus there is also CD when you swapping, and that's fine. I'd even be ok if CD would be longer, but that would be 10 times more useful for everyone than what loadouts will provide.

Loadouts take it to extreme, when much smaller QoL improvement would be much more useful for pretty much everyone.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    You *can* just swap out your powers. Just copy the old Feats, etc. This provides more flexibility.
    litaaers said:

You *can* just swap out your powers. Just copy the old Feats, etc. This provides more flexibility.

Using up second build ability just for powers feels like brutal waste, I'd rather have second effective builds in this case in that slot. Plus it's still not convenient because campfire. You mostly need to swap powers during actual fights, and I have to do this all the time, got a little tired of it tbh...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    If a loadout is inexpensive enough, it *might* be worth using one to switch between AoE and single-target for anything where there's a campfire right when you'd need to switch anyway. To me, this is really contingent on price.

But it's not likely to replace the need for mid-fight power swaps. And you won't be able to use a loadout for that.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    The useful part is you can play more than one type of your class. For OP, you can be Paladin or Healadin. For DC, you can be DO or AA, ...
    If you buy more slots, you can have a character with 2 paragons x 3 trees.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > The useful part is you can play more than one type of your class. For OP, you can be Paladin or Healadin. For DC, you can be DO or AA, ...
    > If you buy more slots, you can have a character with 2 paragons x 3 trees.

If the price is decent, I'll likely add a third, to have the following:
    1. My current AA DC buff/debuff build.
    2. A DO build made for group content (one AA + one DO FTW!)
    3. A solo / DPS build.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    senticon said:

It even diminishes uniqueness of our builds.

Ahahahahaa :D

Oh sorry you were serious? *ahem* yes I must object to the uniqueness of my 5 points here instead of there diminishes the character of my character.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

senticon said:

It even diminishes uniqueness of our builds.

Ahahahahaa :D

Oh sorry you were serious? *ahem* yes I must object to the uniqueness of my 5 points here instead of there diminishes the character of my character.

What I'm saying is mostly everyone will have required builds in additional slots and will switch to them for specific content. Not saying there aren't any clone builds running around but that might push it over the top IMO.