test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what would you pay 10 or 20 bucks for in game?

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
I figured maybe we could help them out since they keep trying to make money from us in ways that are deeply offensive. :)

I'd gladly pay for an in game instant move thru the map feature. like lets say im in msoi and I'm on one side of the map but my goal is the opposite side of the map. ugh.. I want to go to the map and click on where I want to go and instead of a nice glow path (which hasn't been working recently) I'd like to teleport there. I'd pay for it. lol

gatewayish type things. being able to see your damage and where it came from online, being able to switch inventory between toons, being able to do professions would be nice. I'd pay for that. I know it can be done for console because destiny has it. we don't have bots on console...
Post edited by thefiresidecat on

Comments

• thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I mentioned this in another thread a while ago but it probably got buried so deep no one ever saw it. I would pay money to have a reusable key that would unlock the extra chest at the end of dungeons. Have it bind to character so you'd have to be repurchased for each character. You would have to purchase a separate key for each dungeon. That way if you're running Shores a lot it would make sense to purchase the key.

Another thought I just had. How about a ring box that can be purchased in the zen Marketplace? Opening will receive a random ring + 1 through + 5
    Post edited by thegravelnome#9466 on
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    An unlock all campaigns completed by one of your characters on all of your characters token. I'd pay mucho dinero for that as it's the one thing stopping me playing more alts.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Id pay for a unlock key that allows you to unbind any object, but only for it to unbind to account or else it wouldnt work out because it could throw off the AH and all. But i would pay 4000 zen to unluck a legendary mount to another character. Or a mythic artifact to another character.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I love those ideas. I would also pay for some of these things, especially if they prevent me from having to grind out hundreds of hours of play or eliminate some of the luck associated with the RNG:
    Current Artifact weapons
    Artifacts that are not already available for trade bars and for that matter, I might even be willing to buy trade bars from time to time...
    Other campaign unlocks, maze, underdark, STK
    Profession unlock to max normal level and unlock to master craft
    legendary items not already for sale, such as profession tools or people
    The one thing inside some of the current packs that I am after that are only available from the pack even though I dont want all the other stuff in the pack such as the companion
    An undo button or a save last build option to test a new build and roll back if you don't like it
    Upgrade mount to legendary token
    Full reroll token, we have race reroll and retrain but there does not seem to be a reroll it all option
    Transfer all bound character items token for a one time transfer to a new character (class specific items not needed) but mounts, rings, artifacts and comps would be huge!

TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
    I love the suggestions you guys are giving I would pay lots of money for almost all of these! Hint hint hint development team
  • armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Only one thing I would pay for is a Preview Shard and ACT on Xbox. It is getting old having no input into changes.... really old
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    A wardrobe. Something to stick all of the non-adventuring gear in so it doesn't take up my bank and bag slots.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    A Change Class token that (obviously) includes a stat reroll and full respec. I think that'd be worth about 3k Zen?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    We do need to think of the effects any particular idea would make on the AH. Because it could throw off our buying AH items which trickles down to players buying zen for AD for those items. Its a balance that im sure the Devs struggle with as standard operating procedure.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I'd pay 20 bucks to abolish voniblood requisition to maintain relic armor we ground our <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off in the first place for.
    #cashmeoussiehowboutdeh
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    no we don't need to think of that. they will do that lol. the point isn't to do their job but to give them ideas of what the player base wants. and I'm not talking about things that will ever be tradable on the ah or purchasable with in game purchased zen even. I'm talking straight up cash purchase ideas. this thread is about things you'd get your credit card out for.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Well you posted the question and I gladly gave my 2 cents.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    zman81420 said:

Well you posted the question and I gladly gave my 2 cents.

that wasn't a response to you. it was responding to the guy who wanted us to think of the poor ah.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    The AH is the main measure of the economy.
    That 10% cut is what stops the prices sky rocketing, and the value of AD dropping.

I don't think any cash only options that influence game play will ever happen, cos that invites the devs to stick their collective neck into the noose of "See! Told you it was pay to win!". The key selling point of the model is that you can literally earn anything in the game without ever having to put your hand in your wallet. The instant they change that, they lose that massive advantage in the marketing war.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I'd pay only IF they'd get rid of all the annoying bugs and glitches once and for all. Funny thing as soon as they add new "so called" improvements they just worsten the game. Check the bugs & issues thread, there is enough evidence...

As for other other requests how about more SOLO contents. Freaking hate to get PUGs or whatever. Yeah you mentioned them solo dungeons a while ago that's for sure! :p
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)

That 10% cut is what stops the prices sky rocketing, and the value of AD dropping.

I don't think any cash only options that influence game play will ever happen, cos that invites the devs to stick their collective neck into the noose of "See! Told you it was pay to win!". The key selling point of the model is that you can literally earn anything in the game without ever having to put your hand in your wallet. The instant they change that, they lose that massive advantage in the marketing war.

I disagree. no one is suggesting they ONLY have direct cash options. but some rather than changing things like peeking at keys and coal wards. there are a lot of things they can do to supplement what is existing that people would pay for.

and the ten percent cut? are you kidding? LOL. that isn't going to make or break anything and it is NOT the only thing that keeps prices from skyrocketing. supply and demand makes sure of that. some people will ask too much. some will ask too little.

but please lets keep this on topic. no debating what will become of us. the devs can work out what they want to mess with as far as what the market will bear. they do load balancing. they see things we can't. what we think of is largely irrelevant because we don't have the numbers. so let's not digress from the idea of this thread please.
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Thing is most people would not pay for those, they would just convert AD to Zen to move items from character to character and still save money on RP, lockboxes.

4000 zen to move a legendary mount = about 1.2 mill AD, what is the cost of the legendary mounts in the AH?

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    About 7milAD, or to put into perspective how ridiculously overpriced these things are from a cash perspective, ~£200!!
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    yiazzy said:

About 7milAD, or to put into perspective how ridiculously overpriced these things are from a cash perspective, ~£200!!

but you have to take into account how much money someone spent opening boxes to get one or how much time they spent playing to save up to buy one then resell it.

Its the people playing the game the make the prices what they are both sellers and buyers.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
    edited February 2017
    cscriv79 said:

Thing is most people would not pay for those, they would just convert AD to Zen to move items from character to character and still save money on RP, lockboxes.

4000 zen to move a legendary mount = about 1.2 mill AD, what is the cost of the legendary mounts in the AH?

I was talking about things outside of the zen market. on ps4 they did it with the dragonborn and feywild pack. you can't just convert ad you have to buy with cash. I'm sure they could do it on other platforms in instances that don't affect overall playability. I do think prices would need to be in the reasonable range though. that's why I said for 10 or 20 bucks. I'm not goign to give them 200 dollars straight up but I'd give 5 or ten for a huge amount (50 to 100 respectively) of legendary keys. (for instance)
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

I disagree. no one is suggesting they ONLY have direct cash options. but some rather than changing things like peeking at keys and coal wards. there are a lot of things they can do to supplement what is existing that people would pay for.

and the ten percent cut? are you kidding? LOL. that isn't going to make or break anything and it is NOT the only thing that keeps prices from skyrocketing. supply and demand makes sure of that. some people will ask too much. some will ask too little.

but please lets keep this on topic. no debating what will become of us. the devs can work out what they want to mess with as far as what the market will bear. they do load balancing. they see things we can't. what we think of is largely irrelevant because we don't have the numbers. so let's not digress from the idea of this thread please.
    If you give a cash option vs a zen option, and the cash option is cheaper than its zen equivalent here's what happens.
    People who would have bought zen buy direct. Result... less income for PWE. Which I believe is the opposite of the grand plan.
    If the zen option is cheaper, nothing changes and we are exactly where we are now.

The ten percent cut, is what stops the AD in game from escalating. You might not think that ten percent goes far, but when many many sales in the hundreds of thousands occur throughout any given day, that trickle of 10% is what allows the values to remain level. You can lol all you like, but its mathematics. While new AD comes in at a maximum rate governed by the amount of refinable rough AD, a roughly even number needs to leave the economy. Otherwise a steady increase in the amount of currency leads to lower value, and an increase in the costs of stuff. Of course, if someone is established and already affluent, this is of no real matter, theyre probably selling as much as they buy. Its the poor newer players who are screwed.
    But who gives a toss about them eh?

Because you can trade AD for Zen in game, the values (not the cost...) of zen purchases move in line with the value of AD. If you can buy stuff for cash the question remains, why not sell it for zen? If people want it they can either drop the cash, or trade it.
    Either way...
    SOMEONE dropped cash for the zen.

I know we all think we know the company's business model better than they do, and can't understand why they don't listen when we tell them how to run their sales and marketing.
    It might just be that they don't need telling... and employ people who do that stuff for a living.

Why would they want to sell you 50 keys for cash, when they can get someone to pay for zen and sell that in game to convert to AD? Selling stuff cheaper through a different revenue stream doesn't make more money, cos people use their heads and go for the cheapest option therefore the more options the higher the likelihood of making less money.
    edited February 2017
    because that zen is for something else. people will always be buying zen. this will not change the zen influx. people aren't paying money for the keys for dungeons. If all the zen were going for these legendary keys you'd never see it because they'd just buy it with zen when they paid money for it. they'd never put it on the ah. People buy zen to convert to get enchants and what not. if people are wanting something in the zen market they are going to buy the zen and buy the thing. you will never see that zen.

selling keys for the dungeons is getting money they wouldn't be getting otherwise. If anything I think it would increase the amount available in the economy because if you're already using your credit card odds are a little extra isn't a big deal.

also not all of the zen does come from buyers. they do pepper the ah with zen. the economy is important to niantic and if they set things up in a way where less zen is rolling in they have the capability to put more zen in the market to even it out. it costs them nothing. it's fake money.

I've seen it happen on ps4. it was clearly that way no other explanation and from that I can also say I've seen it on xbox.

the other factor is good will. if i'm paying 5 dollars for 50 keys I don't feel sckrewed. I'm going to be more generous. the reason I made this thread is because they keep making their player base feel sckrewed by making these decisions that just feel like they're bending us over without buying dinner first. this thread is a way to show what the player base would LIKE to give them money for. If you do things that the player base wants at a reasonable cost then the wallets have opened and generosity springs forth. all they've done is close a hundred thousand wallets with their current cash grab techniques. I know I used to be of the mind I'd give them 30 to 40 dollars for each new update. my mind has always been towards if I use a product and like it I'll pay for it but I'm not gonna do that If I feel sckrewed by the company.

another example is they've already done this on ps4 with a good number of packages you can convert on xbox and pc. it hasn't hurt the economy at all.

and the ten percent cut. you think what you want I'll think what I want apparently. we're going to have to agree to disagree. but I don't remember anyone saying anything about a ten percent cut anywhere here so not even sure why you're on about that. they took out a lot of fees on teh ah for vip already and it made no difference in the over all rate other than people were no longer afraid to list things. so while rates went up on somethings more thingswere listed and the market adjusted to what could be afforded. if everyone has more money then the market going up is inflation. it's still affordable for the grand populace because we all have more money. but sometimes more things are available and demand is lower and prices fall for that item. it's just not a concern. the market finds it's place.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    Oh I was just thinking about this idea yesterday in the Sea of.. Not making it so easy that we can teleport anywhere on the map but at least to campfires. Only for lvl 70. Or at the very least have it be a VIP perk.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    An item that unbound other items is what i would like the most. And not unbound to character to make bound to account, but put it back in its original state, like if it was not bound in the first place, it would go back to that. To make it fair tough artifacts would have to go back to there original state as well cause without it the mythic artifact market would be flooded. That way if you don't want to use something anymore, you can decide to sell it or give it to a friend. Best thing i can think of is bags, i wish i could give my blue bags to another character and buy orange ones for my main.

A permanent dungeon key is a good idea.

But when it comes down to this game, to be totally honest its not paying that bothers me or whats for sale, its the PRICES. I find it ridiculous a regent to up an enchantement, something you will have to do multiple times to fill all your slots and companion slots cost as much as 10$. Yes i know you can always try your luck with pres wards and up to rank 10 i do, but at 11 and the 3% chances its just way too long and annoying to go trough pres wards without being sure it will work. At that point i get a coal... Not to mention weapon/armor enchants require a coal EVERY STEP with there 1% chance...

Thats just one exemple of many overpriced item. I get some items like campaign progress unlocking have to be expensive, but mounts, bags and regeants are way too overpriced. And banking slots... just to add a few row you have to waste tons of ADs or pretty much pay 8 or 10 bucks (can't remember)

A mount should be 5$
    A companion should be 5$
    A coal ward should be 2$
    A bag should be 5$
    Bank Space should be 1$ for a row

Zen market should include MUCH MUCH more customization items like cosmetics and stuff.

And think about it this way. If mounts where 5$ instead of the overpriced 30$ or something. I dunno but you but i would be more tempted to buy them.

I don't have an unlimited budget for video games. Actually i buy 3 or 4 games max per year at full price cause the current price of brand new game is very high since xbox one. Here in Quebec it cost 90$ for a game now. So i miss plenty of games and get them later on discounts when there older and such.

When it comes to NW if i would feel i get value for my money i would be fine with spending a 10 to 20$ a month on the game... but currently what can i have for 20$? 2 coal wards? Not even a bag or a mount... At that point i feel its not worth it. Ill admit the bad decisions of the devs and what they did with mod 10 and 10.5 didn't motivate me to encourage them anyway but still...

Honestly i can't remember the last time i spent money on this game... and i don't plan to change it. I spent 70$ total, i always said i would go to max 100$ but so far nothing motivate me to add money. There was a time when i would pick lockboxes keys (mostly with zen converted from AD but sometimes a 10$) but its been disapointement after disapointement and im VIP since the start of the program so i got lots of daily keys and never saw an orange item pop up... So well its been a long time i abandoned the project of getting good stuff. Im keeping VIP cause playing without it is way too annoying (no travel post, injuries, no merchant) and im happy to get a few refinement items and some greater marks out of the boxes but thats about it... Im not counting on getting anything of high value anymore.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I too wish the purchases where a bit more micro than they currently are, but most everything in game can also be bought with zen so it is really only cash for packs and to speed up purchases of other things. To me this thread was about what other things should be for sale, in game for zen (or for real cash).

TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    destrowod said:

An item that unbound other items is what i would like the most. And not unbound to character to make bound to account, but put it back in its original state, like if it was not bound in the first place, it would go back to that. To make it fair tough artifacts would have to go back to there original state as well cause without it the mythic artifact market would be flooded. That way if you don't want to use something anymore, you can decide to sell it or give it to a friend. Best thing i can think of is bags, i wish i could give my blue bags to another character and buy orange ones for my main.

A permanent dungeon key is a good idea.

But when it comes down to this game, to be totally honest its not paying that bothers me or whats for sale, its the PRICES. I find it ridiculous a regent to up an enchantement, something you will have to do multiple times to fill all your slots and companion slots cost as much as 10$. Yes i know you can always try your luck with pres wards and up to rank 10 i do, but at 11 and the 3% chances its just way too long and annoying to go trough pres wards without being sure it will work. At that point i get a coal... Not to mention weapon/armor enchants require a coal EVERY STEP with there 1% chance...

Thats just one exemple of many overpriced item. I get some items like campaign progress unlocking have to be expensive, but mounts, bags and regeants are way too overpriced. And banking slots... just to add a few row you have to waste tons of ADs or pretty much pay 8 or 10 bucks (can't remember)

A mount should be 5$
    A companion should be 5$
    A coal ward should be 2$
    A bag should be 5$
    Bank Space should be 1$ for a row

Zen market should include MUCH MUCH more customization items like cosmetics and stuff.

I like the idea of bags being account bound, but only the bought ones. Rewarded ones should remain character bound, they are reward for a specific character completing a specific task.

As for the permanent dungeon key, NO. Part of the game is playing the game, accumulating materials and creating the keys. What is the point of playing the game if you can just buy a permanent key and do nothing but run dungeons, get the rewards and sell the excess on the AD market?

$5 mounts? Mounts are mainly cosmetic. You don't need a Legendary mount to play the game. I am not sure where you got these prices for these items, but if everything was cheap and easy to get. Without somethings costing money, the game would fall apart because there would be no money to spend on further developing it.

Cosmetics and stuff. You really need to be a little more specific about this. But if something was added, I am sure someone would come to the boards complaining that it cost too much.
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I think what Destro was getting at, is that if any of these ideas were implemented, then they'd go for a ridiculous price. The item that unbinds for example, would probably be over 2000 Zen. That's £16/ $20. FOR ONE ITEM. (Correct if I'm wrong Destro, by all means)

I'd personally like to see a seperate section for enchantments, just like the "Useful Items" tab. Currently, 3 of my bags, and 15 slots in my Runic bag are full of Bound and Unbound Enchantments/Runes/Refining Stones. My bank is full, and my shared bank is full. There's nowhere to put anything. Even if this tab was a limited space tab like the Profession Assets tab, I'd be fine with that.
    edited March 2017
    One thing that I will pay $20 for right now? I am not kidding joking or trolling. Any kind of sign that somebody in a position to consider some of these ideas has seen them. A large portion of this community wants to spend money. All that's holding me personally back is the not knowing. Please someone, anyone, let us know if our time and effort here has been in vain