test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what would you pay 10 or 20 bucks for in game?

13»

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    two edits and your post disappears lol...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    First of all I would like to have the store updated instead of having still packs from mod 5 for sale that inexperienced players might buy, that's just simply a scam. For example a profession pack should give you orange workers and tools.

Second, what I would like to see is that things like purple trowel, remorhaz companion stop giving you a chance at something, if you buy it then there should be a real advantage to it, I.e. trowel now digs up only purple relics, companion doubles what you found.

Third, without naming anything specific but I see no point in having the things that are available in the zen market also on the auction house. If they want our money then the stuff in the zen market should be superior to the things on the auction house.

Fourth, make products alt friendly, purchased companions as well as campaign unlocks should be account wide unlocks. The customer needs to feel that their money is actually worth something and giving an advantage to the gameplay.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Fourth, make products alt friendly, purchased companions as well as campaign unlocks should be account wide unlocks. The customer needs to feel that their money is actually worth something and giving an advantage to the gameplay.

Why aren't campaigns tied to account to begin with, with each character having a cojoined story?

Well, there would be the issues of accounts having something like 50+ characters being able to progress through campaigns extremely quickly... Perhaps put diminishing returns after the number of unique classes there are in the game?

(ex: right now, 8 classes, so after 8 characters, the campaign currency amount starts hitting diminishing returns after you've done 8 characters' worth of dailies/weeklies).

• fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    The real question is why are there 50 slots even to begin with? It has been nothing but abused anyway...
    Players have been saying that for a long time but then again if they capped it people would just create more accounts...

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I do understand, and multiple price structures already exit for lockbox keys, VIP and some guild stuff.
    Based on bulk discount, and it works.

There will always be someone demanding slashing cost by 80 or 90% "cos more people will buy more" as a fiscal rationale, disregarding the in game impact such a move would have.
    But that's always the case, for some people unless a key always unlocks a box that gives a minimum of enough to buy another box, it's a "rip off".

If there were a viability to a permanent multiple price point structure with ED Keys don't you think they would have done so already?
    There is no need to introduce a whole new marketplace, with a new interface, for one product that already sells well.

Yeah, everyone wants cheaper stuff, but when the item in question is already easily affordable through in game financing all a new system does is risk the balance of the AD/Zen economy.

I understand pricing models and multiple positioning in the market. It's just unnecessary in this instance. The majority of revenue would simply come from people switching from Zen to Cash to get more for their money.

There are many ways they could switch sell and increase revenue. But that doesn't always equate to long term profit, and in a peculiar, closed, economy like the one in NW, there is far more to consider when balanced with the risk to the in game economy, and the risk of pissing off players who simply can't afford to join the new cash only VIP area.

The success of the free to play model relies on an equilibrium of both participation, and the appreciation of both cash rich and time rich players being the same. Saying, "you guys can have this cheaper than them, since you have more money" is capitalist cronyism.
    I don't understand why you only talk about keys, none of my examples mention them...