test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't withdraw or deposit keys from guild bank and personal bank

elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
We have a stack of Strongbox keys for our guild members in the guild bank and they cannot be taken out... Not 1, not the entire stack. Unbound dungeon keys also cannot be deposited or withdrawn either. Same goes for personal banks. I think devs forgot something :'D

Comments

• jantasjantas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    We are having the same exact issue
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    You can overcome this if you buy more of the same key. If you have the same key in your key ring you can drag them over and add them to the stack.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @voidgift

Thanks for the tip!

Update
    Did not work.
    Post edited by elvalianon on
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Same issue, CS is refusing to help since they came to a conclusion that it is a bug (yeah, I know) and developers need to sort it out.
    Since this is affecting only a selected number of guilds I doubt we will have a fix for this issue anytime in the near future.

@nitocris83 can you see that the development team helps out CS resolve these few issues. It's only to certain amount of guilds and it is not a problem that will arrise again.
    edited January 2017
    I am bumping this topic cause it isn't in today's patch notes. Is this going to be fixed soon? We have a full stack of keys just being useless in the guild bank right now.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

I am bumping this topic cause it isn't in today's patch notes. Is this going to be fixed soon? We have a full stack of keys just being useless in the guild bank right now.

The keys have already been bought which removes them from the focus of the bug team. They can not be misused to create AD which removes them from the focus of the emergency response team.
    Prepare for a long wait.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Bumping this up internally!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! Got an update on this issue. A fix was identified and testing is wrapping up. I don't have an ETA on when it will ship but it's in the works.

(btw, bumping internally means that I go bug people via email and in person -send email, walk over to tell them I sent email- to check on the status of an issue)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017

I don't have an ETA on when it will ship but it's in the works.

Feb 21 at the absolute latest. Otherwise depends if they do any patches before then, but I'm going to guess if they don't get it in this week, we'll be on just shard resets until the 21st.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    yes, this is a know issue, But its still and issue.
    not yet fixed
    still not working
    please fix

Hey everyone! Got an update on this issue. A fix was identified and testing is wrapping up. I don't have an ETA on when it will ship but it's in the works.

(btw, bumping internally means that I go bug people via email and in person -send email, walk over to tell them I sent email- to check on the status of an issue)

Thank you! I hope it will be fixed soon, still waiting.
    I have my doubts that any non-emergency will be patched prior to Feb 21, in the interest of a stable release for the Cloaked Ascendancy.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kur667kur667 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    as an added note here; it is not possible to mail split stacks of keys either. When I try to mail keys I am only able to mail my entire stack. It is not working to press ctrl+drag to get the split stack option.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I can imagine a scenario where they fix it next week just to unfix it again on the 21st
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I am having issues of taking keys from inventory and depositing them in the bank for another character to use. These are not bound to character keys but i do think that they are bound to account. Strongbox keys, the ones used to open the chests at the end of Dragon Flight run are the main issue for me. I have a couple of characters running this and until the key tab being added had no issues of using them then putting them back in the bank. I did try to seperate before taking the stack to my inventory but for some reason it took the entire stack into the inventory of the character and i did nothing more than the separate stack which i think is shift + left click and drag......been awhile and odd i know I can do it without thinking if in game but unable to think of the steps to do it to put it into words *sigh*
    Patch notes for M11 indicate that most if not all complaints about keys will be addressed including stack splitting.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited February 2017

Patch notes for M11 indicate that most if not all complaints about keys will be addressed including stack splitting.

Ugh! So that means we have to wait two more weeks... HAMSTER great! Neverwinter is crawling far up our hamster butts lately.
    edited February 2017
    They're not doing it to spite you. They don't run patches this close to a release date in the interest of the module build being stable.

Neverwinter Census 2017

They're not doing it to spite you. They don't run patches this close to a release date in the interest of the module build being stable.

No, but the key change has been out for weeks now and if they did some proper testing they could have prevented all of this. I can barely understand how they even seem to have missed this aspect of it.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,390 Arc User

No, but the key change has been out for weeks now and if they did some proper testing they could have prevented all of this. I can barely understand how they even seem to have missed this aspect of it.
    You still do not get it. We the PC platform is the "proper testing" for the console.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited February 2017

You still do not get it. We the PC platform is the "proper testing" for the console.
    The test server should be the platform to test such things on. But we know from the past (aka chest bug) that cryptic has difficulties defining things with proper names. I'm not here to argue with you guys :) Just expressing my frustrations with this bug.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    My guildy discovered (somewhere on the forum) a workaround for this bug.

Drag the keys from the guild bank on the stack you have in your Useful Tab inventory. It will only work if you have the same keys in your inventory so that these can get on top of them.

@elvalianon

vida44 said:

My guildy discovered (somewhere on the forum) a workaround for this bug.

Drag the keys from the guild bank on the stack you have in your Useful Tab inventory. It will only work if you have the same keys in your inventory so that these can get on top of them.

@elvalianon

Thanks for the tip! I will however not try this as I heard that once they are in your inventory they get bound to you or stuck with you somehow. As the stack belongs to the guild I don't want to do that, but good to know for those who want their keys :)
    edited March 2017
    @nitocris83 Still cannot take out the keys (not by 1 at least). I thought this was patched with River District?
    Post edited by elvalianon on
    I though so too. Putting lockbox keys in the shared bank does work. Splitting stacks of keys in the useful items tab appeared to work.

I only have epic dungeon keys in the guild bank at the moment, but can try to remember to test them.

If you just buy Strongbox keys from the Zen market, they are account bound. The unbound ones are from the Stronghold starter packs. I don't think the two kinds would bind up if you stacked them together, but am not certain.

Neverwinter Census 2017

I though so too. Putting lockbox keys in the shared bank does work. Splitting stacks of keys in the useful items tab appeared to work.

I only have epic dungeon keys in the guild bank at the moment, but can try to remember to test them.

If you just buy Strongbox keys from the Zen market, they are account bound. The unbound ones are from the Stronghold starter packs. I don't think the two kinds would bind up if you stacked them together, but am not certain.

The keys in the bank have been there before they nerfed them/added changes. I assume they will remain unbound as that is how they were bought.
    edited March 2017

I don't think splitting stacks of keys in the useful item tab works.
    I split one key from the epic dungeon key stack and I could not find that key anywhere. It seems that went to void. Fortunately, I did not split the lockbox key (I almost did).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    These are things I was able to do.

Unbound dungeon keys in guild bank:
    Split stack onto empty bank slot.
    Withdraw one key.
    Put the key back.

Bound dungeon keys in useful items:
    Split stack into personal bank.

I could not split a stack and have two stacks of the same item in useful items. The split UI comes up but then nothing happens and nothing is lost. This makes logical sense as there is no reason to split out these items without removing them to another location. You need to be targeting another space (bank, mail, possibly a trade window) in order to remove a quantity of items from this tab.

I don't know if strongbox keys are behaving differently, sadly.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited March 2017
    I have just tried this.

1. I cannot split the (epic dungeon) key in the useful item and nothing was lost. As I had 3 keys, the split did nothing. I have 3 keys in the stack. This is not the same last time I tried that. I splited one key out. That one key disappeared and the stack had one less key.

2. I can move the key the personal bank to split it.

So, it is all good for now.
    I actually managed to split 1 key from the guild bank to the useful items tab today. Note I already had 1 key in there. When I tried to drop it into my inventory it did not work, so try selecting the useful items tab specifically.