test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Challenge of the Gods Event

p3zzl3p3zzl3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
Hi All.

So, I'm a relative newbie - having only started in Neverwinter about 2 weeks ago.

Could anyone let me know what the event is like? Is it worth partaking? Is it Daily? Are the potential goods worth it?

I took part in the Battle Siege one and got the Challenger Horse - which was kinda ok - but after that, wasn't sure what else was worth doing?

Thanks in Advance,
Pez.

Comments

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    As you kill mobs around Neverwinter, a random "challenge aka quest " will drop from one of them.
    You may pick up this quest and you will receive a quest log for your challenge.

You complete the said " quest " and get loot AKA [Gift of the Gods]..
    If you did it in the time limit, that is.
    They all have a time limit if i am not mistaken.

Once per day, you will be able to complete a quest to undertake challenges that rewards you with a
    [Blessed Gift of the Gods] that should contain various rewards.
    ( I am not sure if this will be active or not )

The dyes are nice as a loot. Transmute cloak also looks good.

And you can always collect the vicious ench for selling them later, after the event or using them in pvp.

Um... i personally skip some of the challenges. But that is just me. I am a rabbit , i have no time for example :

Survive 30 Seconds in Combat while Below 50% Health.

BUT , it is always interesting to do them. And i hope you have a lot of fun. =)
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• p3zzl3p3zzl3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Thanks for the response.

So with all the "Gods" listed, you only ever get one to do during that day? Or is it one per God?
    edited February 2017
    p3zzl3 said:

Thanks for the response.

So with all the "Gods" listed, you only ever get one to do during that day? Or is it one per God?

You get challenges from all the Gods. All the time.
    There is no limit on how many you can do and what god will drop something. It is totally random.
    It is a few minutes , up to 10 i think per 1 quest.
    So you can do it all day long while doing your favorite zone.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Unless they've changed it, mobs within 7 levels of your own on regular maps and lairs (not dungeons or skirmishes, raids etc...) have a chance to drop a challenge. You have to click and accept it to start. Each challenge is separate, 1 for each god. They are random and can and will repeat. The challenge takes the form of a quest that you will either complete or fail. All can fail if the timer runs out, others can fail if certain conditions aren't met.

Completing a challeng will reward you with a Gift package that you can open for a random prize. I think there are some later additions to the event beyond that but that is the basic setup.

But... some of the challenges are easier for aome classes than others. One is to kill X enemies with only no encounter powers. Another the challenge is no dailies. A third is no at wills. GWF breezes through first and third but no at wills is rough. CW laughs at no at wills and doesnt struggle with the others. There is a challenge to use 3 dailies in a certain time limit. My DC laughs at this, my other characters have to work for their AP gain.

Some of the challenges just plain stink. Most notably, a number will require you to stay below 50% health. Between feats, insignia bonus and Lifesteal, this can auto fail for a lot of characters since the timer starts when you drop below 50% and then something procs and the quest fails.

Unless you crave the achievements, I wouldn't worry about beating every challenge. As you do adventury things this weekend, there will be plenty of opportunities to get Challenges that dont suck.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • p3zzl3p3zzl3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Oh sweet :D

Are all the drops/"Gifts" bound to account or Character?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The Blessed Gift of the Gods you can get for the daily (complete 3 challenges, iirc?) has a reasonable chance of dropping a nice artifact, equipment, or companion. I've been happy with participating in this event the past few times, on a fairly casual basis.

The major prizes are typically bound to character though. Small things like enchants or potions are not.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Its a bittersweet experience. Some drops are refreshingly nice - like a bunch of rank 6 enchants for RP. Other drops are very poor - a couple of potions I wouldnt use in a million years. As said above, some of these mini-quests take a few minutes and are easy. Work out which ones you can do easily and stick to those whilst doing other quests. I find that farming stuff in the Dread Ring is the easiest for me.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I can't complete Corellon for the life of me (pun not really intended). Battle ends too quickly because I can't manage my damage output well enough or because I have the panic-reflex of healing up when the screen is graphically "yelling" at me that I'm about to die.
  • ilusiphurilusiphur Member Posts: 34 Arc User

I can't complete Corellon for the life of me (pun not really intended). Battle ends too quickly because I can't manage my damage output well enough or because I have the panic-reflex of healing up when the screen is graphically "yelling" at me that I'm about to die.

The trick is to take off any regen or lifesteal gear ... and dodge as fast as your stamina bar refills 0,o

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    The below 50% ones are too messy to do.. it is better to just ignore those and wait for next one to drop.

It is my impression that there is a cooldown of 2 minutes or so between each drop as long as you do not have one active.

@nitocris83
    If your character is level 70 it is better to pick a zone like Sharandar that is really easy.
    Or dread ring. For example the skeletons or zombies could do the trick.
    You take of your gear. Not all just some, to make it easier for them.Let them get your health down to a point and then you slide / dodge / teleport / run around them and let them hit you.
    I do this on my cleric.

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2017

The Blessed Gift of the Gods you can get for the daily (complete 3 challenges, iirc?) has a reasonable chance of dropping a nice artifact, equipment, or companion. I've been happy with participating in this event the past few times, on a fairly casual basis.

The major prizes are typically bound to character though. Small things like enchants or potions are not.

Good guess, it's 5 challenges.
    And the Forgehammer actually dropped this weekend for me.
    Not on the toon that I wanted (BtC), but it dropped. Yay!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!

Congrats ! Even if it is not on the toon you did not want. FH is a good drop.

Thank you! after many, many quest that sometimes yielded BtA cloaks and belts I finally got this artifact. (I don't want to talk about the drinks I got from the Speaker of Ao, but I wish he would drown in them)
    Being a 2x weekend I dumped 2 rank 94 stability artifacts into it and now I am the owner of a FH!
    A owner with little AD, though. Damn those prices on marks of potency!
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Another trick on this is to farm NeverDeath graveyard near the dragon. You get to insta kill the little critters there and can grind out 10 quests pretty easily in 30 mins or so. Sweet.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

Also got a forgehammer but on the character I wanted it. REALLY good thing is I bought one and didn't bind it, because if I had, it would have been on that character and the second one would have been useless, they really need to be B2A. After 1500+ bags in the winter event with no hammer, I kinda earned that one.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Is the Seeker of the Gods achievement broken? I KNOW I've done all of them but it's stuck at 9 out of 11 (yes, I even got the one in the stronghold).
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    hustin1 said:

Is the Seeker of the Gods achievement broken? I KNOW I've done all of them but it's stuck at 9 out of 11 (yes, I even got the one in the stronghold).

The game is broken as such.
    The News about the Challenge of the Gods mentions 10 challenges.
    So far I think it's the Kelemvor challenge that is missing.

And the challenges mentioned in the unloved "I do my duty to pay my bills" cut&paste job is in many parts wrong.
    e.g.
    Tymora - Kill 2 foes without using any healing potions
    Amaunator - its not the SH quest, but the kill 5 foes with less that 50% health

btw, also stuck at 9 out of 11.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    The SH quest only appears if you are on the SH map at the time. I had to check the wiki for that one. At this point I did all of them several times over.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited February 2017

I'm too late, but how you do it is @nitocris83, summon a tank companion, start a fight, stand with your companion till you get to <50%, then move aside and watch for 30 secs ^_^

<blockquote class="UserQuote">
    hustin1 said:

Same here :( I believe I did everything, don't remember if I did the profession one, but should be 11 without it...

What's wrong with quotes?!
    FrozenFire
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    They removed a couple of challenges and changed some others, but never adjusted the achievements to recognize the current challenges. In the current state, it is broken and cannot be completed.

Which means the console players are going to have a bird, btw. @nitocris83 should probably forward this.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia