What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make Mod 11 weapons on par with Relic weapons

Comments

• Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'd like to propose a little thought experiment.

Imagine back to Mod 8 when the Twisted and Elemental sets came out. Now imagine the Elemental sets weren't there, you had no idea they existed (or ever would), and were told the Twisted Set would be the best for quite some time. However, to get the Twisted set, you would need to farm Throne, Prophecy, and HEs extensively to get millions of AD worth of rare mats. You do that, and sweet, new weapons! Now, in order to rank them up, you had to get Twisted Ichor from Master Demogorgon. Unfortunately, Demogorgon is fully TWICE as difficult to run and you need 100 Twisted Ichors to rank them up to orange. Oh, and the amount of Ichors you get for a Gold win is random.

Ok, it's a haul, but you did it. Or, maybe you only got through most of it, purple but still about 40-50 Ichors away from legendary.

Then, when the VERY NEXT MOD is announced, they add the Elemental sets, and you just need to run some HEs to get them. Oh, and one of them is actually better than Twisted. And now most everyone is gonna stop running Demogorgon and if it wasn't already finished, your chances of getting it finished are slim and none.

Wouldn't that stick in your craw, a least a little bit?

I don't really expect an honest response from those who've already drawn their battle lines, but just think about it.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    We stated our points feeling and desires.

It's a new mod, with new things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Here's an idea, make the weapons that are hardest to get the best! Regardless of MOD. I can't take credit for that idea because it's been around since the beginning of games! We all know what that means.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    All the pvp players who raised hell demanding either compensation for their Relic Weapons or a nerf to mod 11 weapons are failing a major Intelligence check. Take a good hard look at the game right now. What you guys wanted and evidently achieved will even further reduce the already barely there player base. Also congrats you get to keep pvp as your personal play ground for yet another mod.
    Post edited by waywardwizard#4349 on
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Here's an idea, make the weapons that are hardest to get the best! Regardless of MOD. I can't take credit for that idea because it's been around since the beginning of games! We all know what that means.

The problem is that the majority of the players have to use the Svardborg chest-key regardless of what's in it...

Sooo, if they plan to keep (some of?)the M11 weapons slightly weaker, they need to make sure that everybody gets the same treatment regarding keys for legendary marks.
  • Options

The problem is that the majority of the players have to use the Svardborg chest-key regardless of what's in it...

Sooo, if they plan to keep (some of?)the M11 weapons slightly weaker, they need to make sure that everybody gets the same treatment regarding keys for legendary marks.
    RNG...everybody gets the same chance.
  • Options

No, the majority of the players have to grind for their legendary marks after the key-change, which will make their "rng" a lot more expensive...

Or did you miss that they fixed the "exploit" with declining loot?
  • Options

No, the majority of the players have to grind for their legendary marks after the key-change, which will make their "rng" a lot more expensive...

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss that they said they increased legendary drops which would include marks by 10%. You can also get multiple mark drops per run and have seen it happen. This should decrease how many runs you think it would take by a factor of 10.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss that they said they increased legendary drops which would include marks by 10%. You can also get multiple mark drops per run and have seen it happen. This should decrease how many runs you think it would take by a factor of 10.
    The blog specifically singled out artifacts and legendary rings. They've never said they increased the drop rate on marks.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2017

The ones being mean are the ones who already have orange relic weapons and got them before the change who are crying just to hurt those who do not. You want to pull the ladder up from underneath you to gimp others, that is beyond the pale.

.... I personally have helped more people get those weapons than almost anyone... I could have been done with my Leg on likely all of my toons... if i was just self-absorbed like most are in this game. I still have to hunt for leg marks on 5 more toons.. and then 6 toon's offhand weapons....

Having said that.. I'm glad they have adjusted the the Mod 11 weapons to be more fair and not FORCE me to get them in order to ever have a chance at legendary weapons because sva died out or something.

The way things are NOW with mod 11 weapons serves everyone... NOT just the haves or have nots. The way things look now there are more options.. and FBI and SVA will continue to be relevant and worth doing through Mod 11... that's NOT a bad thing.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Yeah, I'm calling BS on that, where did they include marks in the increased chance info?

An alliance member did his offhand a few days ago, he used around 350 keys in around 120 runs to get the marks for the offhand, so no, I doubt they increased the drop-rate on those at all...

Also, a 10% increase does not decrease the expected amount of runs by a factor of 10...
  • Options
    kate#1038 kate Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    If you need BIS gear atm - do mod10 content like others. Devs said that relic will remain the best equipment for some time only.
    New mod11 weapon damage will scale with stats and builds, so may outperform in some cases.

You can play this game without mod10 weapon.
    End game content for people who like challenge and not only complain that they can do daily quest in new zones.

New BIS gear come every 1-2 mods now, so hope you will not start complain about it again :s

p.s. I don't like mod10 gear - because its melt and need empowerment all the time, RNG is terrible. Underdark system was more predicted.
  • Options
    urabask said:

The blog specifically singled out artifacts and legendary rings. They've never said they increased the drop rate on marks.
    @mimicking#6533 Is that true, can you clarify if the drop rate on Legendary Marks in Svardborg was increased with the Key change?
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I bet he won't clarify....
  • Options

destrowod said:

I am an xbox player, we just got SOMI but here is my point of view.

Mod 10 was overall boring and such a grind. I always said the visuals and music was great but that was pretty much where it stoped. But i got over it and "finished" it minus the last 2 boons cause i wanted to do FBI at least once wich i did and im not even going back now.

Then 10.5 was release not long ago and honestly it made me almost wanna quit the game altogether. So much boring grind fest... Again the visuals and music is top notch, love the zone look. But navigating that water takes much longer than running around on my mount, the quest themselves lack imaginations for the most part (activating totems really...) but ok i can live with this as its normal stuff even tough it bothers me that it does not even gives thaum stones like sharandar or anything, so i got to choose between getting refinement or doing new quest. But the fishing... my my ... it bores me so much. Yes it does give good items when you find a bottle but its just so boring and tedious. And after hours of fishing im only at 9/50 rank 5 fish for the achievements. This really will take forever and im not even sure ill be able to complete it. And the achievement for finishing master swarborg assault without going down for the whole party seem insane. No chance of getting this. So thats double reason for me to hate this mod. At least you guys on PC does not have achievements, i mean you have in game challenges etc but no xbox live achievements so you may not care about this.

But this lead me to the final thing, the weapons. Honestly i had already decided i was not gonna farm for the armor from FBI, considering how hard and random the drops where but as soon as i heard about the weapons in 10.5 i was like hahahahahah... NOP

And now i read some peoples actually complain because they saw the mod 11 weapons where as good. CMON GUYS !!!

Look if you are no life and can manage to farm for those, good for you son. But for anybody still working on his character (ranking enchantements, helping his guild etc) this is really a pain !! I already play 2 hours a day usually and i can never do all i would like to do. And i got a life, i got other games to play too etc etc. I don't have time to farm for tons of stuff, hope on random drops to upgrade and so on. The system to upgrade weapons is tedious as it is in this game, no way to maie it even more.

On xbox there is players already doing Svarborg for like 5-6 days at least, im still working on unlocking it... i skip days cause it get tedious to do the same quest again and again every day. So you understand that no way im wasting time on that grind.

I hope ill have the patience and will to finish SKT campaign and all but this mod is really one to forget about. I do hope mod 11 is more fun cause im close to quiting the game. And not getting that achievement may be really one annoyance too much. And the moral of the story is

DONT BE A BUZZ KILLER. Its not because YOU have the time to waste on this content that everybody does. Don't cry to the dev to have the next content nerf just because YOU wasted time on the previous one.

Don't be a fool, the devs just made a mistake and are correcting it. They never intended mod 11 weapons to be better than Relic weapons. Player testers just found what they over-looked, which as I understand was only a problem with 1 type that being Firesoul.
    I hope you are joking?

The only reason they nerfed Firesoul was the crying and whining from a few players that were worried that their advantage over other players without M10.5 relic weapons would disappear...

I'm going to post a poll in each of the platforms general forum, and then Cryptic can see what the majority of players really want, not just listen to the tantrums of a few PvP focused children...
  • Options
    edited February 2017

My god what has this community become... A new mod is here with more boons and better weapons. Don't try to nerf the items that are new. If your old items were getting nerfed I could understand the upset, but this is just unsound banter.

Be happy you have the weapons that so many chose not to even attempt to obtain.

Not everyone is looking for any Exploit and hiding in a Non-Exploit Community... Not everyone wants everything to be super simple and easy and given to them (more or less) freely... and I doubt ANYONE really wants what they worked SO hard for it to be thrown aside and made to where they can't even finish their task of maxing that item because (half a mod later) the kiddies want to feel special again.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options

The key change in the middle of the module has created an unfair playing field. Something radical has to happen to correct it. This should not be a pattern going forward, some players getting an advantage and then preserving that advantage for 6 months to a year. This is truly a scandal.

The key change was known about for a month or more before it happened.. it was intended to go live before Mod 10.5... but people raged and ranted and the devs postponed it.. so NOW.. some other people (or the same ones) want to whine about the effects of the consideration the devs showed the community as a whole? When will it stop?

• Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'm one of the players who went after the relic weapons and like many, I don't want to have to scramble again for a new set of weapons less than a mod later. Something should be done to compensate the players who just had their time and money wasted if the devs decide to reverse the nerf to the new weapons(which I doubt they will unfortunately).

However, that compensation should NOT come at the expense of the rest of the playerbase. Its an extremely petty, jealous, and elitist thing to do to ask that the rest of the playerbase should get shafted because you got shafted. How about nobody gets the shaft instead? An exchange similar to the lostmauth exchange should be set up where relic weapons + the new weapons upon obtaining them can be traded for the new weapons at the same rank as your relic weapons. This way, those who did put the time and money into grinding the relic weapons are fairly compensated and their efforts don't go to waste.

The relic grind was awful and most of the people who went after the relic weapons hated it. Its a GOOD thing that the devs were going to back out of the relic system and provide a much less tedious way for people to get BIS weapons and those who were opposed to better, easier to get weapons just swashed it for everyone else. Nice job, way to make this game a better place... (facepalms) The relic weapon system along with empowered gear was a failure, a mistake, and should be phased out and forgotten.

For those worried about the death of relic gear/weapons rendering the content from the last two mods a ghost town and obsolete, this content should get a few changes made to their loot tables and good rewards put in place to ensure people still have some reason to play the content and it doesn't just gather dust on the shelf. The content itself should not be phased out but the failed gear/refinement system should.

Those who asked for these new weapons to be nerfed to be less powerful than relic weapons should immediately begin storming the forums asking for the new weapons to be made equal to the relic weapons or better instead.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I understand this is a subject people are passionate about, but please try to make your point without resorting to personal attacks and insults. Consider this a blanket warning to anyone participating in this thread. Thanks.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    macjae said:

I hope you are joking?

The only reason they nerfed Firesoul was the crying and whining from a few players that were worried that their advantage over other players without M10.5 relic weapons would disappear...

I'm going to post a poll in each of the platforms general forum, and then Cryptic can see what the majority of players really want, not just listen to the tantrums of a few PvP focused children...

Please insert some logic. If anyone dislikes long PvE grinds to get their weapons, it's PvP players. It would be quite bizarre to be a PvP player and ask for more PvE to get maxed-out gear. My main interest is in PvP, but I skipped out on the relic weapons entirely so far because of the ridiculous grind. So I would appreciate the new weapons being totally competitive in PvP with the relic weapons, as would a lot of other PvP players who similarly couldn't get through all that boring PvE.

Please just stick to what you're arguing rather than blame groups of players for no particular reason other than some sort of prejudice.
    The loudest complaints have in fact been from PvP focused players, so it's not really prejudice then?
  • Options
    kevin#5892 kevin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    **This will be a long read. I'm going to do my best to type out my thoughts in the cleanest way possible. Please excuse any spelling or grammar errors. I really hope a developer read this and passes it along**

I'm an Xbox player so I am just giving my views on things. I'm a 4.3 CW. I came back to the game at the end of November/Early December (I missed Black Friday and all the double stuff) after a 6 month break. I was completely end game when I left. End game as in all 12's and literally everything I wanted in the game (Tensir's Disk, Coastal Snail, Metallic Dragonborn, Token (which I paid 8 million for and is now 150k) and a few other Legendary Mounts, literally BIS everything). There is 2 items I want that I don't have. A Plus 5 Power and Brutality ring. Or any of the new plus 5 rings like the Power/Crit/Recovery ring in any combination. (And I can promise you it's not because I have not tried).

From my perspective I just want to say I absolutely loved mod 10 and almost everything about it. Farming for relics, endless and I mean endless Heroic Encounters, and FBI for the gear was right up my ally. I love farming for stuff. And it took a lot of farming to get everything you needed. I didn't buy any lanolin from the auction house. Plus I was around a month behind everyone else. The one resin a week was kind of lame and the end boon seem weak but the concept of having to farm hard was so nice. I see a lot of people didn't like mod 10 but I would like you guys to know you have at least 1 fan.

As far as Mod 10.5 I would say I have loved it to. (This is where I will get on topic on the subject of the post I just had to share my story and point of view). The beginning grind of getting everything you needed to restore the weapons wasn't bad at all. I bought almost everything off the auction house the first 2 days so I kind of over paid but it wasn't over a million astral diamonds. That doesn't include the Dragon Turtle stuff. I farmed a tad bit but I mostly just traded 2 maps in a bottle for each 1 I needed. I think I got like 12 from the HE's and the rest from trading. They seemed to not drop as often as lanolin and when you got to the Dragon Turtle HE I just could not stand the lag. I had already farmed and saved the Lanolin I needed. So the only thing left was the dailies and marks. On Xbox the first day we could unlock MSVA was last Friday the 27th. I have gotten all the marks I needed last night. I've done around 120 runs. On the 77th run I got the achievement! It cost me around 4 million AD in keys to get them all. But you can minus all the rings and other items I got. Like a bound Shard of Orcus Wand which is cool because I didn't have one. On Feb 5th I can have both Legendary.

Before I could even start the grind for MSVA I read about the Firesoul Weapons here in this section. And even if it had stayed at the 30% I would have still grinded for the relic weapons. We have had to deal with the key changes on Xbox to so getting the marks on PC had to be cake considering you could easily get 5 each and not even have to buy legendary keys. Stacking the HE's before you could even run it could have netted you another 5 easy. The dailies should have gotten you at least 7 to 8 runs without a key. The fish ones are to much of a grind but still I had 12 keys from it. I and many others on the Xbox side have grinded and many are still grinding hard to get the marks. We willingly made that choice. Just like some have said they don't want to do the grind to get them. We all have choices. If Firesoul would have been BIS I would have switched. But I can say I am very happy with the decision to scale them back. I personally think Relic weapons should no question be best in slot. I understand for some classes you will have a better bonus and I am happy for you. But if you said I am not farming for the FBI gear and then said I am not farming for the Relic weapons then in my opinion those individuals don't care about BIS. The time, energy, and effort I have put into this game since the old Castle Never days was for the sole purpose to have to best character I could possible have. I don't have 2, or 3, or 5 characters, I only have my wizard.

Also I have been seeing a lot of "elitism" post in this section lately. I would like to say that I put together 98% of my FBI and MSVA runs. None of my core friends wanted to run FBI so I had to start from scratch. I made a lot of friends from farming HE's in Bryn Shander, Lonelywood and looking for group chat. I kept those people on my friend list which I don't know if you guys have that on PC. It is not easy putting a lobby together. If you are not networking with friends and people you have ran into you are going to have a tough time. So for example when I post looking for 4k DPS you think I am being "elitest". Number 1 when you post that you are easily getting 5 plus replies every time. Some are going to reply more than once "inv" "inv". I'm also not playing Russian Roulette and taking the first person that responds. I inspect them to see there class and get a rough idea what they are bringing to the table. If I already have 1 or 2 strikers I'm not getting another. I am trying to put together the best possible group I can because not only do I not want to wipe or go to overtime, I have 9 other people in the lobby who don't want to either. A few of those will just demoralize the group and people will start dropping. When I post looking for 4k cleric or tank I do not get 5 plus replies. Sometimes you will get a reply right off the bat other times you are waiting 10 plus minutes. This is where the networking comes in and having a reputation of running great lobbies. People will recognize and want to come back. If you are not an "elitist" then start your own lobby. You put the time and effort into putting a group together. Don't post "3.7 DPS looking for MSVA". Don't message someone who put the time and effort of getting a lobby together "inv". That is your effort. And then when you don't get in a lobby "oh well those guys are "elitist". Or even better yet, start posting "only taking first timers for MSVA 3.5 item level or less. I love helping people."

As far as reading what's coming in mod 11 it does sound great. I am a little disappointed with 1 big thing though. Castle Never brought the Orcus Set and then we got the Valhalla set. Are we not getting a new set with this mod? I was for sure certain you guys would bring a new one kind of aimed towards the wizards with a belt with intelligence. I heard about the Mad Wizards skirmish and bringing back Spellplague Caverns so it just seemed perfect to have a new set sort of aimed at Wizards. I know Valhalla set didn't come until mod 10.5 so maybe if there is mod 11.5 you will introduce a new set for us. Please for the love of goodness give us a set. (And for anyone who says Valindra's set is for CW's then I would say yeah that set works so great on bosses and frost giants I forgot.)

Anyone who took the time to read this thank you very much. Hopefully there isn't to many mistakes with grammar and I am pretty sure my spell check did a good job I don't have to many red lines under my words. I also hope you understand things coming from my perspective. Dev's keep up the great work, keep the farm alive, and take a look at the Control Wizards and show us some love please.

*If this is the wrong post to put this message would a mod or admin kindly point me to where I should post this*

*edited for grammar errors*
    Post edited by kevin#5892 on
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    kevin said:

As far as reading what's coming in mod 11 it does sound great. I am a little disappointed with 1 big thing though. Castle Never brought the Orcus Set and then we got the Valhalla set. Are we not getting a new set with this mod? I was for sure certain you guys would bring a new one kind of aimed towards the wizards with a belt with intelligence. I heard about the Mad Wizards skirmish and bringing back Spellplague Caverns so it just seemed perfect to have a new set sort of aimed at Wizards. I know Valhalla set didn't come until mod 10.5 so maybe if there is mod 11.5 you will introduce a new set for us. Please for the love of goodness give us a set. (And for anyone who says Valindra's set is for CW's then I would say yeah that set works so great on bosses and frost giants I forgot.)

Technically both the Orcus set and the Valhalla set had their artifacts released before their corresponding artifact equipment. So it's possible that we'll get the equipment for the Fragmented Key of the Stars in mod 11.5/12.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    kevin#5892 kevin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    urabask said:

Technically both the Orcus set and the Valhalla set had their artifacts released before their corresponding artifact equipment. So it's possible that we'll get the equipment for the Fragmented Key of the Stars in mod 11.5/12.

Great point and I think you are on to something here.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User

I am 5 superior marks away from getting my relic weapons to legendary. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it, but, at the same time, I don't believe that the new weapons, which are much more easily gotten, should be the same level.

It wasn't just MSVA, it was all the farming that went into restoring the weapons to begin with. Even people who got their weapons fully upgraded before the key change had to restore them first. I didn't get mine done because, probably like a lot of people, I expected to have at least another week before the key change happened.

The people who worked their tail off to get them should be able to take the devs at their word when working towards these weapons. By making the new weapons better than twisted, but not as good as relic, it reaffirms the work that a lot of people have put into it, while not granting a huge disadvantage to those who didn't. Now, I don't PVP, and I main a TR, so I'm not always at the top of the paingiver chart, so I'm not sure what you mean when you say the people who want the relic weapons want to "gimp" the people who don't have them, @defiantone99.

The solution here is to help the devs see that an alteration in how the superior marks are obtained is in order. That could be an increased drop rate, restore the ability to preview the chests, an exchange of some sort, or something else.

To do what you suggest and keep the new weapons as or more powerful than the relic weapons, is unfair to the people who have the relic weapons, and further erodes the confidence some of the most ardent player have in the game. It also wouldn't solve the problem of keeping players playing mod 11, if one of the main goals is made obsolete. I can appreciate your perspective because I am in the same boat. However, I don't think throwing the baby out with the bath water is the answer.

I agree that its not fair for the people who ground for the relic weapons to get shafted, but this could easily be amended by allowing relic weapons + the new weapons upon receiving them to be traded for the new weapons at the same rank as your relic weapons. This way, those who already participated in the ridiculous relic weapon grind would get to have most of the grind/AD requirements for the new weapons taken off their shoulders instead of getting shafted. This move would help restore some of the lost trust in this company and right an obvious wrong.

The relic grind was excruciating and expensive for most and many did not have a high enough IL to get into content to earn the needed marks to refine the relic weapons. The relic system was a bad system and the new weapon system is a more reasonable system. On top of this, the fact that there will be 4 new weapon sets all with different set bonuses will help answer the player demand for more variaty with their gear choices, if these sets were BIS, that is a HUGE improvement to the game and much better than only one set of weapons being BIS at a time. Those who waited for the much easier mod 11 weapons were right to do so and being able to obtain BIS weapons on the mod 11 system would have been an improvement to the game. Hence why many of us are outraged that the devs caved to people's request to make the new weapons less powerful than relic weapons.

I will also mention that even if those who did the relic grind didn't have to do any work at all for a new weapon set, it would not completly negate reasons to participate in mod 11. There are new boons that actually look really useful, a new skirmesh, and likely other things they can do.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC