test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make Mod 11 weapons on par with Relic weapons

defiantone99defiantone99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,634 Arc User
There seems to be a power and prestige divide building between those who got Legendary Relic Weapons before the key change, and the rest of the player base. This can be avoided by making the Mod 11 sets equal to the Mod 10.5 one. It is simply unfair to ask those on console, or those on PC who did not get to peek and decline unwanted marks, to commit to grind and lose what could be over 10 million AD when those who could peek spent less than a million AD and are enjoying the weapons now. @mimicking#6533 This situation is wrong. The Mod 11 DPS set bonus is weaker than the Twisted and SH sets' bonuses.
DEFIANT "Where Yesterday Has Been Exiled, Memory Is Rebellion." "The state of ruin is essentially a temporary situation that happens at some point, the volatile result of a change of era and the fall of empires. Ruins are a fantastic land where one no longer knows whether reality slips into a dream or whether, on the contrary, dream makes a brutal return into the most violent of realities." #ITMFA
Post edited by defiantone99 on

Comments

• Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Check the test server. They already are. In fact, they are better thanks to an overpowered set bonus.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Svardborg is how it is. I made 2 posts about it. That ship has sailed. Quit trying to get the Mod 11 sets nerfed.

Oh man, two whole posts. It takes 50 pages to get them to admit something is wrong never mind do something about it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I worked my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off on the Relic weapons... The new set bonus already doesn't seem fair to me, asking for more is plainly mean. Weapons for half a mod?! And trust me when I say this, they weren't cheap. Those starting now would what? Open 100 extra chests? And atleast 60 of them will be with reputation. So you'd pay like ~1750 zen extra. That's quite reasonable. Anyways, such posts won't be bringing any changes, stuff's been mostly finalized, they're only looking for any big bad bugs.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I am 5 superior marks away from getting my relic weapons to legendary. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it, but, at the same time, I don't believe that the new weapons, which are much more easily gotten, should be the same level.

It wasn't just MSVA, it was all the farming that went into restoring the weapons to begin with. Even people who got their weapons fully upgraded before the key change had to restore them first. I didn't get mine done because, probably like a lot of people, I expected to have at least another week before the key change happened.

The people who worked their tail off to get them should be able to take the devs at their word when working towards these weapons. By making the new weapons better than twisted, but not as good as relic, it reaffirms the work that a lot of people have put into it, while not granting a huge disadvantage to those who didn't. Now, I don't PVP, and I main a TR, so I'm not always at the top of the paingiver chart, so I'm not sure what you mean when you say the people who want the relic weapons want to "gimp" the people who don't have them, @defiantone99.

The solution here is to help the devs see that an alteration in how the superior marks are obtained is in order. That could be an increased drop rate, restore the ability to preview the chests, an exchange of some sort, or something else.

To do what you suggest and keep the new weapons as or more powerful than the relic weapons, is unfair to the people who have the relic weapons, and further erodes the confidence some of the most ardent player have in the game. It also wouldn't solve the problem of keeping players playing mod 11, if one of the main goals is made obsolete. I can appreciate your perspective because I am in the same boat. However, I don't think throwing the baby out with the bath water is the answer.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The FireSoul set (renamed Lifeforged in preview) probably is going to be 15% of max power bonus.Still is not enough.
    By putting mount bonuses ,defense orientated ones ,in my mount power slot i have 34500 defense and 41k power.

Even with 15% increase over my power ,I wouldget a 12.93% damage increase :....compare this to 10% from relic...

And this is done now,no stat curve made by me ,no gear selected and old artifacts wit no power on it.

I am sure ,someone can max power with artis while keeping defense relevant.

FireSoul/LifeForged does not need a nerf,needs to be gone completely and replaced by a new bonus.

Morphing defense into offensive stat is a way everything to go bad.

GWF DPS is going to be way out of control...not to mention Prot Paladins that can get 90k power through combat...

I am fine with all the other sets,no prob,but FireSoul/Lifeforged is problematic at best.

Post edited by hypervoreian on
  • Options
    Well, look, I don't have the legendary relic weapons and I certainly disagree with you. I'm not condescending to you about it, and I certainly don't want to keep anyone down. But, if you can step back and look at it objectively, you might see that it probably isn't the best move for the game, as a whole, to put these new weapons out that are better than the relic weapons.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    Even on par, which may be debatable, my point still stands.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options

I did not say better. I said on par. Which is as they are right now on Preview. These guys want them nerfed so they can be king of the world. Quite odd, but the way it is. Not sure when PVE became so elitist and dog-eat-dog. lol

That's disingenuous and you know it. Fey is straight up better for support classes and firesoul is broken OP for GFs.

You're basically asking for them to set a precedent that shows they can get away with experimenting with progression at the expense of their playerbase.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

Not sure when PVE became so elitist and dog-eat-dog. lol

Well, I don't have the legendary weapons. Furthermore, I'm a TR player. I don't have the luxury to be elitist. But, whatever makes your narrative more believable to yourself...
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    urabask said:

I did not say better. I said on par. Which is as they are right now on Preview. These guys want them nerfed so they can be king of the world. Quite odd, but the way it is. Not sure when PVE became so elitist and dog-eat-dog. lol

That's disingenuous and you know it. Fey is straight up better for support classes and firesoul is broken OP for GFs.

You're basically asking for them to set a precedent that shows they can get away with experimenting with progression at the expense of their playerbase.
    check again the firesoul now says 15% to your power i dont see after the patch anymore with max increase 30% of your total power.
    AT least with those weapons we get the bonus we want when while we using encounters,
    THE somi weapons force to not dodge if you want to have always the 10% outgoing damage.
    And i have them legendary ( and if you like some the term: with the chest key bug)
    but that means nothing if i need to replace them i will do like everytime i need to get something suits to me.
  • Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Seriously, haven't you ever put forth time and effort in to something, just to see an opportunity come along which meant it was all for nothing? Like, I don't know, clear the snow out of your driveway just in time for it to start snowing again? Buy something on sale just to find out the next day they had a buy one get one free sale on the same item?

Now, these particular comparisons are invalid (force majeure) and/or make you sound just as petty as def is trying to pin you down as (negligence on part of the buyer).

I'm not advocating for mod 11 weapons to be stronger (my personal preference would be for the difference to resemble elementals (11) vs twisted (relic)), but even of they are 'on par' it won't make the relic weapons obsolete by any means.

• Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I don't care about the people who already got their weapons to legendary. Good for them. I care about the people (like me) who chose to use the millions of AD worth of mats they spent weeks/months farming to restore Relics instead of selling those mats for said millions of AD, but are still far away from 30 orange marks. That's not even including people (like me) who spent tons of AD trying to get a DC or GF up to 3.2k so they can run esva more than 1/week (by shear happenstance). Unless the Relic weapons are still superior to the new weapons or they make orange marks much easier to get (or preferably both), those people (like me) will NEVER be able to finish the Relic weapons. The only way we will ever be able to have a T3 legendary weapon will be to throw the Relic weapons away and start over, wasting all that time and money for nothing.

But I guess actually playing Mod 10 makes me a foolish snob.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    What the new mod 11 weapons are for are for the players that play casually and do not want/like to or can't run group content. And even with the drop in powers for the firesoul weapon, these will be still be BiS for those types of players. Not everyone plays the game for the same reasons, and they (the developers) need to makes things accessible to every type of player. I think that is the part that those that wanted to be rewarded for doing sva etc are forgetting.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Mod 10.5 is almost over. It is too late to do anything different with Svardborg. Svardborg with the key change is toast, trying to force us all into a grind you did not do is truly mean-spirited.

I guess we should all stop running demogorgon too because it's two mods old.
    mifiisu said:

It could be months before mod 11 is released for all we know... Unless they've announced a date :O

If you go by their other releases it'll be in the middle of March.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    It could be months before mod 11 is released for all we know... Unless they've announced a date :O
  • Options
    lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I ain't going back to SoMI. I quit just before this mod was announced with rep just shy of the 4th campaign boon, most of what I needed to restore the weapons, and purple rod/kayak. I'm at 3.1k ilvl, with a fair bit of room in upgrading enchants left. If there ever comes a time when I'm like "well, only choice to upgrade at this point is to go do SoMI" then I'm gone. The end. Cya.