test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 11 Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170123a.1

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Module Overview:
Developer Blog - Upcoming Expansion Features

Please post on a relevant Official Feedback Thread, if one exists for the feature you've got feedback on!
Feedback Threads:
Official Feedback Thread: River District Introduction Quests
Official Feedback Thread: River District Zone
Official Feedback Thread: Cloaked Ascendancy Campaign
Official Feedback Thread: River District Rewards
Official Feedback Thread: Illusionist's Gambit
Official Feedback Thread: Weapon Enhancement Changes

Release Notes

Content and Environment
River District Zone and Instances
  • Chapter 1: River District Unveiling: This quest is now properly replayable.
  • Chapter 2: A Crown for a King: Respawn points are now working correctly.
  • Chapter 3: Going Undercover: Several text errors in this quest have been addressed.
  • Dig Site workers are no longer incorrectly called Stronghold Workers.
  • Dig Sites: The quest step to clear enemies from treasure room now has a counter to indicate how many groups of enemies must be defeated.
  • Mercantile Missions: Heroic Encounter credit is now gained under consistent conditions.
  • Mercantile Missions: This daily quest is now properly available after completing Reclaiming the River District.
  • Multiple quests in Ostaram Copperwise's daily rotation can no longer incorrectly be accepted from Ostaram Copperwise by completing, but not turning in, the current daily quest.
  • Return to the Plague Tower: The Quest Path now works in this instance.
  • Return to the Plague Tower: The objective text has been updated for clarity.
  • The enemy encounters in the fey portion of River District have been adjusted.
  • The Traveling Merchant's boat no longer arrives at the docks. Instead, the merchant now comes with a small group of guards to the docks to sell their wares, while the boat waits safely in the distance.
  • Various audio updates have been made to River District content.
  • Various gaps in the environment have been addressed.
  • Wizard Counterattack: This Heroic Encounter no longer starts before Far Realms Rituals reaches 100%.
River District Campaign
  • The fourth Ascendancy boon can now properly be purchased. This also allows players to earn the achievement for completing the campaign.
Dungeons, Trials, and Skirmishes
  • Illusionist's Gambit: The non-Master version of this skirmish now properly gives rewards.
  • Illusionist's Gambit: The non-Master version of this skirmish now requires a minimum level of 20, increased from 10.
  • Illusionist's Gambit: The lighting and sky in this skirmish is now consistent with its environments.
General
  • Many companions and mounts found in lockboxes can no longer be sold to vendors. They should still be tradable or discardable.
Future Events
  • Coupons for Fashion and Dye no longer drop during Protector's Jubilee, as those are no longer available in the Zen Market.

Items and Economy
Bounty Stores update
  • The new packs in Helm's Hold and Mount Hotenow now cost 40 of their respective currencies, increased from 25.
River District
  • Heroic Companion equipment +2 and +3 now properly have Offense enchantment slots, rather than Defense.
  • Heroic Companion equipment +5 now properly has Power, Armor Penetration, and an Offense enchantment slot, rather than Defense, Deflection, and a Defense enchantment slot.
  • Various item icons have been added.
Trade Bar Store
  • Eye of the Giant (Artifact) has been added to the Trade Bar vendor.
  • Manticore (Companion) has been added to the Trade Bar vendor.
General
  • Any players who had Ancient Ostorian Chests that disappeared (and locked out an inventory slot) now have those chests back. Those inventory slots are once again functional.
  • Bloodlord's Visage: Hair no longer clips through this head slot item.
  • Jarl's Gaze: This item is now item level 160, increased from 150.
Enchantments, Enhancements, and Runestones
  • Feytouched: The base damage dealt by this enchantment has been reduced by about 40%.
    • Its damage output should still be increased from previous modules once Power scaling is taken into account.
    • The damage siphon is still as powerful as it once was.
  • Flaming: The AoE portion of this enchantment's effect now consistently triggers, and the damage value is now listed in the tooltip.
  • Flaming: The base AoE damage is now 80% weapon damage, increased from 6%.
  • Lightning: The base damage dealt by this enchantment has been reduced by about 30%.
    • Its damage output should still be significantly increased from previous modules once Power scaling is taken into account.
  • Plaguefire: The AoE portion of this enchantment's effect now consistently triggers, and the damage value is now listed in the tooltip.
  • Plaguefire: The base AoE damage is now 40% weapon damage, increased from 12%.
  • (Preview-only note) Bilethorn: The second hit's damage now scales with player Power.
    • The base damage value of the second hit has been reduced to ~25%, down from 30%. The net effect is still positive in most cases.
  • (Preview-only note) Transcendent Plaguefire: The AoE damage now scales with player power.

User Interface
Fishing
  • Text referring to "your action point gem" has been replaced with the "the fishing bar" in fishing tutorials and quests.
  • The spinning effect on certain fishing abilities now only appears when fishing and able to use that ability, instead of when the player has full Action Points.
Guild Bank
  • The Guild Bank UI now allows players to remove items that are restricted to certain inventory tabs (e.g. dungeon keys in the Useful Items tab).
Inventory
  • Thayan Lair Keys are now stored in the Useful Items bag.

Graphics, Performance, and Stability
General
  • Several client and server memory leaks have been addressed.

Comments

• Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    Are you still doing weapon review or what? Update would be very nice. :D
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @terramak Thank you for making it so that Stronghold Keys can be removed from Guild Banks and Shared Storage, but they also need to be able to be split into stacks. A lot of guilds like to pass the keys out to their members during or after Dragonflight, and this is no longer easily accomplished since the keys are stuck and no longer able to be split into stacks of 1 or 2.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    terramak said:

Many companions and mounts found in lockboxes can no longer be sold to vendors. They should still be tradable or discardable.

Will you guys ever consider making it so that we can't discard, sell or destroy valuable items? I had a guildmate that recently accidentally discarded a Transcendant Feytouched enchantment. He was freaking out and hoping that he could get support to replace it. This guy is one of the people that holds our guild together and it would be a shame to see people like that become dejected over the game because of poor design.

I just don't understand why you can discard a Mythic artifact, any weapon or armor enchantment, r8+ enchantments etc.

Every time I switch my bonding runestones to another companion I'm hoping that I don't accidentally click destroy by accident. And it's just frustrating because there's no way I want to ever destroy anything that's worth 4 million AD.

Similarly there's no way I would ever want to discard any piece of armor or ring with a valuable enchantment in it. But the option is there and it just seems like a trap.

I mean ffs my legendary relic weapon mainhand has a discard option. WHY.
    terramak said:

Heroic Companion equipment +5 now properly has Power, Armor Penetration, and an Offense enchantment slot, rather than Defense, Deflection, and a Defense enchantment slot.

Does this mean there are no plans to add companion gear with recovery?

Also, with the introduction of the new companion gear what are the plans for the old companion gear? Is it just staying in the game as is? Is it being nerfed?

Also, what are the plans for SVA? It currently takes somewhere around 500+ keys to get enough marks to complete it. Anyone that's attempting to complete their relic weapons after the chest change is looking at a virtually insurmountable amount of RNG and AD.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Is it supposed to be that Dig Site *** Pass items stay in my inventory? After I go into a Dig Site and complete it.. they are still there. Is there something else I'm supposed to do with them or is this a bug? It doesn't just let me go back in ... so that's confusing.. doesn't disappear as if used up...

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Lightning Arc from Lightning WE still doesn't scale, it needs to be fixed
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Really nice to gert the quest chain issue resolved. Now the daily quest shows up as it should.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    i have an alt he has 10 legendary keys he cant mail the keys. THIS happen a lot to my characters when they about to mail something and they cant even if my mailbox is empty. I HOPE the change you do will solve my problem.
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    So... the questline for River District is finally fixed?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    terramak said:

Manticore (Companion) has been added to the Trade Bar vendor.

Poisenous spines is dealing piercing damage, it's praticly insignificant the diference but still i dont know if intended or not.

PS: companions are really really weak when content starts getting harder any chance the stats on equipment being treated with the same scalling effectivness as runestones(empowered/profane/arcane etc)? Stacking 3000 armour penetration just to get 3 or 4% RI is very disapointing, this change wont affect pve drasticly, only 1 companion (honey badger) has potential enough to when combined with all companions boosts in the game deal too much damage upon this reducing the boosts it has would fix the problem allong with this also make life steal work as a percentage of every hit since 100% ls chance and severity as soon as i drop any amount on life steal on my companion makes no sence relativly to defence/deflection, a strong striker with a indomitable runestone will in many situations have better surviviallity than defenders companions from life stealing too fast.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    weaver936 said:

Is it supposed to be that Dig Site *** Pass items stay in my inventory? After I go into a Dig Site and complete it.. they are still there. Is there something else I'm supposed to do with them or is this a bug? It doesn't just let me go back in ... so that's confusing.. doesn't disappear as if used up...

Ok.. so i guess these are supposed to be a visible timer in your inventory to show you if you still need to wait to go back to that specific Dig Site.. they do disappear.. but I've had more than one of the same site in my inventory at a time. And if it's that the hours is game play time (instead of real time).. I can see this being a real frustration for people. For example.. I just logged into the Preview and cleared a tower and opened the Dig Site to be a Sewer.. didn't go in.. but it says It's been less than an hour since I went in there. And I just got the "Pass" to go in in my inventory. I used a Sewer Map from the Quartermaster to buy it.

Maybe you guys aren't done with this part of the system... but please consider what confusion and concerns I've expressed here.. i consider myself Experienced in game.. and some what intelligent. And I still had/have issues with it... please be considerate of those who don't have a similar capacity as I have to spend a good deal of time to figure things out. :D

By the way.. i DO like the idea of a time gate on Maps.. and combat will limit the supply of mats and maps for the new weapon... but, I'm thinking this will make the new weapons less New Player friendly than Somi... but that can motivate people to group more and be more social.. so.. that's a plus in a different way.

• Options
    issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    @terramak Will there be any class balance notes in the future patch notes and if yes when approximately we can expect them ?
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    weaver936 said:

weaver936 said:

Ok.. so i guess these are supposed to be a visible timer in your inventory to show you if you still need to wait to go back to that specific Dig Site.. they do disappear.. but I've had more than one of the same site in my inventory at a time. And if it's that the hours is game play time (instead of real time).. I can see this being a real frustration for people. For example.. I just logged into the Preview and cleared a tower and opened the Dig Site to be a Sewer.. didn't go in.. but it says It's been less than an hour since I went in there. And I just got the "Pass" to go in in my inventory. I used a Sewer Map from the Quartermaster to buy it.

Maybe you guys aren't done with this part of the system... but please consider what confusion and concerns I've expressed here.. i consider myself Experienced in game.. and some what intelligent. And I still had/have issues with it... please be considerate of those who don't have a similar capacity as I have to spend a good deal of time to figure things out.
    This is basically proof that you don't read other people's feedback in the appropriate threads.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

weaver936 said:

weaver936 said:

Maybe you guys aren't done with this part of the system... but please consider what confusion and concerns I've expressed here.. i consider myself Experienced in game.. and some what intelligent. And I still had/have issues with it... please be considerate of those who don't have a similar capacity as I have to spend a good deal of time to figure things out.
    This is basically proof that you don't read other people's feedback in the appropriate threads.
    Guilty. I usually avoid the forums almost 100% (and PE Zone chat for the same reasons too). So.. I do need to figure out what goes where and why...

• Options
    Release on the 21st, eh?

A week earlier than I had guessed, but should be OK - I really look forward to M11. The thing is though - the people currently testing the campaign might not have time to finish everything in time....in particular as some parts (dungeon, master version) are not yet available to test.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Yeah. I had to keep my mouth shut when folks were speculating about the release date last week, hehe.

Sorry for the silence on feedback on my end, I'll keep reviewing what I can. Thanks for commenting on the appropriate feedback threads, as relevant posts on those threads are being consistently reviewed.

Something for actual thread relevance:
    * I plan to update the Rolling Patch Notes thread today with the changes in this build.
    * We're aiming for a Preview update this week by Thursday end of day (~17:00 - 18:00 PST, or 5-6 PM PST for those who prefer 12-hour time). Like all Preview dates, that's subject to change, but I'd recommend checking around that time period and patching up when you can.
    * If all goes well in QA, Spellplague Caverns (Master) will be released in this build.

And yes, me announcing an actual date and Preview content before it actually happens is an exception to my usual behavior :p
  • Options
    Is there going to be major balance change in this mod or mod 12 ?
  • Options
    I don't foresee any more wide-reaching balance changes in this module, aside from the Weapon Enchantment changes. Generally, if we do a full class balance or something huge like that, it'll be testable the first or second week that the module is on the Preview shard.

As a rule, I don't say what features will be in which modules, in part because the contents of future modules are not set in stone. Murphy's Law is especially strong around unofficial feature announcements.

(To preempt speculation: This is not an implication for or against the probability of class balance changes in M12 or any surrounding module.)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    terramak said:

(To preempt speculation: This is not an implication for or against the probability of class balance changes in M12 or any surrounding module.)

Of course not. It's just you saying that the second you write it down without it being in a build that we're on the verge of being able to play around with, the studio will blow up... metaphorically. And then players will be all "but Terramak promised!!! y he lie to us?" and everything will be bad.

So no unofficial feature announcements.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Basically, yeah. (I'm sure there are some fond - and not-so-fond - memories from that Q&A stream I was in last year, heh. Sorry about that.)

In other news: Neverwinter Champion's Charger and Winter Wolf mount can be discarded in M11 with the next Preview build. With luck, it should get into the next Xbox and PS4™ fix build too, so our console players shouldn't have to wait 'til M11 releases to get those inventory slots back.

Now for me to stop talking about it and actually make it happen so I don't tempt fate.

Edit: I really should proofread my posts better.

Another edit: Rolling Patch Notes thread updated. I shifted a couple things around (put the General subsection at the bottom of the Items and Economy section, for example), some lines added, none removed.
    Post edited by terramak on
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Class balance was a priority. But now, class balance is not gonna happen. Confusing, to say the least.

"Class Balance" is not relevant here and now - M11 is not going to bring any significant changes in that area. Perhaps they will make some minor last-minute changes, but they will be just bugfixes, or changes to grossly overpowered powers. (like fixing AA or the currently popular 50% debuff chea....eh, "alternative strategy" issue.

It is very difficult to get a proper "class balance" when you have to support both PvP and PvE. Case in point: TRs initially used to do massive damage against single targets, which was really great against bosses in PvE, but resulted in quite a bit of whining in PvP, as they were considered to have an unfair advantage there.

Now, the proper way to fix that would IMO have been to have a few key powers work differently in PvE and PvP, but the route that was taken was to nerf TR powers in such a way that their performance in PvE severely suffered.

There is, however, yet another aspect to "Balance", and we can call that "intra-class balance." Each class has two paragons and three feat trees, basically giving you six combinations. Of course, not all combinations may work well, but there should be a selection of "viable" builds for every class. So, what I would do: Take a look at all active "end-game" characters (L70s, with IL of 3000+ that have been played in the last week), and check their combinations of paragons and primary (where they have most points) feat trees. I am certain that for some classes you will see only one or two common combinations. This lack of versatility is IMO a much more serious issue than whether one class does more damage than another.

Still, as I said - this is not a M11 issue, and this discussion does not belong here - I just hope the devs start a "What would you like to see in M12 (but we make no promises)" thread.
  • Options
    rabbit#3096 rabbit Member Posts: 50 Arc User

The problem with no class balance is that the classes are all out of balance. GF does more damage than SW and CW has had nothing but nerfs for over a year and is due some love. GWF has no dodge and Unstoppable is still not fixed. I remember Strum saying no new class or PVP changes/events until class balance was done. Class balance was a priority. But now, class balance is not gonna happen. Confusing, to say the least.

Again whining about gf, and again same person. SW/CW do insane dps, if they cant outdps gf than its learn to play issue. Its all about bonding stones now, its long time ago bonding stones should be nerfed.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

If GF gets to stay DPS tank, it is time to reverse all of GWF's Mod 4 nerfs and give us our temp HP back. I have not seen ANY SW win Paingiver since the SW rework. Show me a BIS SW beating a BIS DPS GF, I bet you can't. SW is a support class now. So ya, we need class balance finished. Class balance has been the excuse to why NCL has not been back and why we do not have a new class, it can't just be thrown out the window.

I think GWF is in need of a rework rather than buffs. I believe simple buffs will just make one rotation or 1/2 build viable, while there are still tons of powers and paths which are useless and clunky
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    terramak said:

Guild Bank

• The Guild Bank UI now allows players to remove items that are restricted to certain inventory tabs (e.g. dungeon keys in the Useful Items tab).
    You are aware that all players wanted to be able to PUT certain inventory items (e.g. strongbox keys from the Useful Items tab) in the guild bank?
    Or was that not expressed in a comprehensive manner?

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev has restored some of my hope with the weapon enchantment changes.

I hope that every chain of lightning enchantment scales properly and can critical properly when this goes live.

I have a feeling this person won't let us down... very very nice +1 to you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
This discussion has been closed.