test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 11 Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170123a.1

2»

Comments

• weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User

It is fine that GF can DPS. But now, OP should be able to be DPS and GWF should be given our Temp HP back and a block or dodge, probably also our Takedown prone. You can't nerf GWF in Mod 4 and now make GF like GWF was in Mod 3, it is not fair.

Yes.. give us an Ignore option on forums. (wow, this guy/girl)
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

It is fine that GF can DPS. But now, OP should be able to be DPS and GWF should be given our Temp HP back and a block or dodge, probably also our Takedown prone. You can't nerf GWF in Mod 4 and now make GF like GWF was in Mod 3, it is not fair.

OP can DPS. GWF is still top DPS in the game and PVP is irrelevant.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ghostman#7107 ghostman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Interesting reading.

It's funny how many feedback threads turn into "nerf this balance that" argument which actually doesn't help anyone, I can see why good feedback gets overlooked.

I started in mod 5 control wizard, moved to a SW mod 8 and now run a GF 3.4 IL the latter is no more than three months old went conqueror and will usually beat 80% of the public groups I run with. Is this because the GF is vastly superior to any other class? No. I'm sorry it's not, but when played right sure its a beast, you do have to make some sacrifices, Orcus is still touch and go but then I have a way to go in char development. However I've done my reading and research and its paid off as I've invested the time in it.

The Past few weeks I've come across alot of high IL players as we have been running MSVA on xbox and I can hand on heart say I have seen HR's CW's SW's TR's and GWF's all compete and beat each other not all wearing Orcus set, not all with lvl 20 guilds and boons NOT all best in slot. Its clear that a maxed out toon is not automatically paingiver. I'm sorry comments like ""not everyone is fernu" when the guy makes videos of gear, companions, mount bonuses and rotations is the VERY problem here, if you don't put the effort in you get nothing out, a TR from look good put 70 mil on our best GWF yesterday who is excellent, but rogues are adead class right cant do any damage right?

If you argument is that some classes need to be near BIS to compete with others or harder to master than others then fine there's "some" mileage in that but a bad player is a bad player and no ""balancing" or any other magic is going to fix that. The fact that warlocks cant just sit back with the old fray and fire up dreadtheft and watch the scoreboard light up and bosses disintegrate was also the focus of such said whining, now yes you have to curse keep your stack up time your hits and here's an idea, PAY attention to what the other classes are doing and time your attacks just a little, wait..what am I thinking? that's sounds complicated

Lastly bonding stones. Overpowered look at all the noise about these new weapons oh its not fair blah blah.

If your complaining they are over powered why are you not taking into account that 95% of the content currently in game dungeons and skirmishes is around the 2k mark? So now you want to nerf them so it now takes a 3/4k 30 mins to do elol? and a 2k guy? cant get a run? We don't need a nerf we need more appropriate content. I should be blitzing through content that's half my IL if I choose to do it as that's the very point in UPGRADING. Take four of your guys with rank 8 bondings throughout your team and go do FBI, dont forget to come back and tell us how much "fun" you had.

Amelia GF IL 4005

The Legendary Outlaws

Any SW you see doing major damage is using the Owlbear Cub/Pillar of Power bug.

Did you read the patch notes when tehy nerfed the owlbear and watch the AH when the price of it PLUMMETED? Please try to be informed... BEFORE you continue to just complain about everything you feel "isn't fair". Maybe the problem isn't other classes or builds or anything but your attitude?

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    edited February 2017

Interesting reading.

It's funny how many feedback threads turn into "nerf this balance that" argument which actually doesn't help anyone, I can see why good feedback gets overlooked.

I started in mod 5 control wizard, moved to a SW mod 8 and now run a GF 3.4 IL the latter is no more than three months old went conqueror and will usually beat 80% of the public groups I run with. Is this because the GF is vastly superior to any other class? No. I'm sorry it's not, but when played right sure its a beast, you do have to make some sacrifices, Orcus is still touch and go but then I have a way to go in char development. However I've done my reading and research and its paid off as I've invested the time in it.

The Past few weeks I've come across alot of high IL players as we have been running MSVA on xbox and I can hand on heart say I have seen HR's CW's SW's TR's and GWF's all compete and beat each other not all wearing Orcus set, not all with lvl 20 guilds and boons NOT all best in slot. Its clear that a maxed out toon is not automatically paingiver. I'm sorry comments like ""not everyone is fernu" when the guy makes videos of gear, companions, mount bonuses and rotations is the VERY problem here, if you don't put the effort in you get nothing out, a TR from look good put 70 mil on our best GWF yesterday who is excellent, but rogues are adead class right cant do any damage right?

If you argument is that some classes need to be near BIS to compete with others or harder to master than others then fine there's "some" mileage in that but a bad player is a bad player and no ""balancing" or any other magic is going to fix that. The fact that warlocks cant just sit back with the old fray and fire up dreadtheft and watch the scoreboard light up and bosses disintegrate was also the focus of such said whining, now yes you have to curse keep your stack up time your hits and here's an idea, PAY attention to what the other classes are doing and time your attacks just a little, wait..what am I thinking? that's sounds complicated

Lastly bonding stones. Overpowered look at all the noise about these new weapons oh its not fair blah blah.

If your complaining they are over powered why are you not taking into account that 95% of the content currently in game dungeons and skirmishes is around the 2k mark? So now you want to nerf them so it now takes a 3/4k 30 mins to do elol? and a 2k guy? cant get a run? We don't need a nerf we need more appropriate content. I should be blitzing through content that's half my IL if I choose to do it as that's the very point in UPGRADING. Take four of your guys with rank 8 bondings throughout your team and go do FBI, dont forget to come back and tell us how much "fun" you had.

After the fun (I'm not being sarcastic) and challenge of eSVA and FBI (probably the best dungeon in game currently) I'll be SO mad if they make newer content as easy and trivial as CN or eDemo or Tiamat... I mean come on.. I'm tired of basically being able to go through content like I've got Autorun on.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Well... A ) The owlbear cub does still have a specific interaction with Pillar of Power where it does a significant % of the user's damage.

but

B ) Soulbinder warlocks (no PoP because it's a paragon power) have the highest DPS output potential in the hands of a really good player. Owlbear cub is even further no good for SB, which needs crits for sparks.

and

C ) The owlbear cub fix made it unappealing for most other classes that were using it for the multiprocs. DCs and OPs, but even CWs.

and

D ) Anything that can drop unbound from dungeons, which includes baby animal augments afaik, will have been continuing to decrease in value corresponding to its increase in availability.

You're both looking at trees, not the forest.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

FBI (probably the best dungeon in game currently)

I wouldn't go that far. Maybe the mobs before the Hati and the boss fights, but waiting for Roland to melt the ice, then ignoring everything between Dragon Turtle and Drufi is so...unimaginative.

I would like Valindra's Tower and Malabog's Castle at Epic Versions for example.
  • ghostman#7107 ghostman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

After the fun (I'm not being sarcastic) and challenge of eSVA and FBI (probably the best dungeon in game currently) I'll be SO mad if they make newer content as easy and trivial as CN or eDemo or Tiamat... I mean come on.. I'm tired of basically being able to go through content like I've got Autorun on.

I hear you but CN IL lvl requirement is 2K which is the kinda the point, nerfing bonding stones isnt the answer to making old content more enjoyable we just need a higher tier or content to match our gearscore.

defiantone99 said:
    They did not fix it on SW. FYI. If you all think classes are balanced and it is time to move on, how about a new class and NCL then. I do not think they are balanced at all, but that is my opinion.

Its a feed back thread not a class balance thread or a new class thread. Classes need work sure broken bits everywhere but this all started because you stated that a GF will always out dps a SW

Amelia GF IL 4005

The Legendary Outlaws
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Burning guidance/Healing warmth got fixed? ^^
    About GWF pve it's still much easier to me to solo with a GWF than any other dps....in pvp the temp hp reduction was not much significant(if any i didn't notice).

This discussion has been closed.