test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

anyone get email from NWO's survey or new scam bait?

2»

Comments

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

arabatur said:

The survey is loaded with biased questions, especially 5 and 9. It seems whatever focus group came up with this, failed to consider that some people may not have a favourite or least favourite Mod, for example.

I would think that people have at least one or 2 mods they like more or less than the others.
    Quite possibly. But I don't like being forced to make a selection that doesn't reflect my actual thoughts. There should always an option to say none of the above.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    right, forgot to mention it, i did like few other campgains, it hard to pick just 1 i like, same questions for lockboxes, some i do like others the most too.
    to pick one, i went GGRRR! and also answered what i prefer some items i want to see more often.
    we hadnt got "leadership" update for lockboxes since first box, "Nightmare Box". need more access tool for crafters, we get too many low grade heroes.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    arabatur said:

kreatyve said:

arabatur said:

The survey is loaded with biased questions, especially 5 and 9. It seems whatever focus group came up with this, failed to consider that some people may not have a favourite or least favourite Mod, for example.

I would think that people have at least one or 2 mods they like more or less than the others.
    Quite possibly. But I don't like being forced to make a selection that doesn't reflect my actual thoughts. There should always an option to say none of the above.
    I do see your point, and hope that you pointed that out in your survey.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User

Really, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with linking the stories of NW's releases to whatever is going on in the tabletop or book-publishing world,

i disagree. it sticks them to wotcs timeframes so the devs have to churn out unready material, also blocks creative freedom to build replayable dungeons and stuff so they build lame zones people play once and never go back to. also want to say thx for all ya hard work bec. sincerelly appreciated :)

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Haven't gotten a survey, but IMO it would be best to either avoid the tie-ins or else decouple that content from the rebalancing, new classes/races, QoL things etc... Tie-ins are going to have deadlines and there have been times where it appeared the studio had to rush to release the whole package on time. Do the tie-in stuff on WotC's schedule and the game related things on a schedule that the studio can comfortably reach.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    WotC stuff could be a simple HE or Skirmish or Dungeon. It doesn't have to be a whole story zone.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I answered the survey as honest as possible. Anyone who knows my post history on here should be able to discern what features I'd like to see improved. WotC has always had a tie-in, but it seems the game development process and print material schedule don't spin on the same axis. It usually feels like the game's content is released in a less polished state. It's difficult to say how much content should tie-in, I think the content that does tie-in should be as polished as what we see in the print materials.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i have Gary Gygax's last adventure book, "lejendary" edition, and got his autograph. i prefer his books since it was very basic guideline, and TSR/WotC wanted more books that became so bloated that is so hard to keep up with limited budget we have.
    it easy to have some rules and newer books with some rules that get conflicted.

he said to me, why would anyone want to carry stacks of rulebooks to game when we just need 1 book and few pages of rules, only need modules for new adventures, it was all we needed.
    he pointed out "Warhammers" has so many problems that may required game judges to decide, and some may not agree, because each book came with rules so conflicted, some players could call them cheats and what they owned seem obsolute or outdated since they invested so much cash they spent and large supply of paints for minaitures, thier ego get hurts.
    it like getting a new book that said "I own this book, I win and you lose!"
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017

WotC stuff could be a simple HE or Skirmish or Dungeon. It doesn't have to be a whole story zone.

Yes, what I was trying to say is that I don't have a problem with tie-ins from a setting or lore standpoint, and feel they can be enjoyable. But we've seen that the logistics of implementation have been a nightmare, so I threw caveats all over it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia