test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

anyone get email from NWO's survey or new scam bait?

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
edited January 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
i saw, and check, and it wont load since my PC security preventing it.
all i see a message, "We want your feedback"

is that offical or fake?

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    It's real, and a darned sight more meaningful than the one about what kind of lockbox loot we think is the spiffiest.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    ok, that #6 and #8 ask same questions, in what they are asking for, it said "WHY" and what you would like to see?
    gave wrong answers when i answer with "Housing" for players!

also, on last reply box, i wrote, Less RNG and add more Linu's
  • Options
    That confused me at first, but that was "Why?" was this your favorite and least favorite module, from the question before it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Well, the survey is run by SurveyMonkey who are a reputable brand, and Crypic would have had to pay for this so perhaps this means they may actually take some notice of it. I'll be honest, I went to town on it.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I got it too, and filled it out.

Wasn't SurveyMonkey one of the sites they used to use when they had the take survey for zen thing going on?
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Concur with all above. It is real, not scam.
    Will they actually take our advice? Unclear.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Wowzers.. I hope they take some of this feedback.

Mine is filled out!
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    "Please tell briefly"... Uh OH.

I think I wrote small letters for each. I'm sorry for the poor guy who needs to weed through my answers.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

That is impossible to say, since I would bet 1000Zen that they are getting competing 'advice'.

'fix RnG!!1!'

''scrap lockboxes!'

'Fix Professions!'

Don't balance anything until ALL bugs are fixed!'

The most clear, concise comments will get the most reads, rants will either be discarded or simplified into 'fix xyz', and everything will still be weighed against the business needs of company. So, someone will be angry, no matter what (although that is nothing new with a portion of this forum/playerbase).

So, fill it out, be realistic, don't rant, and use punctuation!!!

• Options
    The one thing I didn't question in the survey was rng. I have read a plethora of posts decrying the rng in the game, but I have never really been bothered by it. So I hit third time on an R12 upgrade, but take 50 on an R9. Karma is karma.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User

The question regarding whether NW modules should continue to tie in with other D&D product releases surprised me, as I had no idea that this was an area where Cryptic has a choice.

My tinfoil hat went on immediately, believing that this may be a hint that they are looking to detach themselves from the IP as a money-saving venture, and wonder how many ppl even relate the two. Hopefully, this is just my tendency to read too much into vague references... but I would hope that is not anything they are considering.

• Options
    If that were the case, they'd be shutting the servers down. "Neverwinter" couldn't be developed or published as a non-D&D game.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Well that's good to know. I know they've been WotC ip from the beginning, didn't know they couldn't part ways somewhere down the line. (obviously, should have thought more about it) /tinfoilhat
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I took the time to fill it out as well, had to go looking for it in all my email spam.

To summarise - more Dungeons and Skirms, less HEs and grind. Ohh and I asked for dual loadout option for at wills, encounts and dailies

I doubt much attention will be paid to it tho.
  • Options

If that were the case, they'd be shutting the servers down. "Neverwinter" couldn't be developed or published as a non-D&D game.

Maybe they could re-brand it to "Rarelywinter"
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Done and done...

But I'm wondering what if any changes we might see in the future as a result of all this feedback?

This ought to be interesting.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Yeah, I took that survey yesterday, there were some redundant questions. I mostly suggested player housing to make up some of the 20+ r12s worth of boons that solo players miss out on, pvp solo q/removing boons, and a foundry update/campaign w/"desirable, bound, non-power increasing rewards".

The question about tying modules into the WotC storylines was interesting because WotC announced their upcoming adventure coming out this spring is just a collection of 7 older adventures updated for 5E. Mike Mearls said on twitter that they're taking a break from big adventures for the spring. This means that there isn't gonna be any real D&D storyline for Neverwinter to even follow until next fall. This will give them some flexibility for a while.

I'm not sure what the licensing agreement looks like, but they should very well be able disentangle themselves from following the seasonal storylines without severing the ties to D&D.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I suggested giving more love to the Foundry, and a full overhaul of the refining system, but meh, I am not going to hold my breathe for either one of those.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    lol, just remembered, i mentioned RNG need to go away, but only for lockboxes.
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

I took the time to fill it out as well, had to go looking for it in all my email spam.

To summarise - more Dungeons and Skirms, less HEs and grind. Ohh and I asked for dual loadout option for at wills, encounts and dailies

I doubt much attention will be paid to it tho.

me too! i asked for multiple loadout options (like a dropbox or something) to change powers instantly.
  • Options
    ilusiphurilusiphur Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    litaaers said:

That is impossible to say, since I would bet 1000Zen that they are getting competing 'advice'.

'fix RnG!!1!'

''scrap lockboxes!'

'Fix Professions!'

Don't balance anything until ALL bugs are fixed!'

The most clear, concise comments will get the most reads, rants will either be discarded or simplified into 'fix xyz', and everything will still be weighed against the business needs of company. So, someone will be angry, no matter what (although that is nothing new with a portion of this forum/playerbase).

So, fill it out, be realistic, don't rant, and use punctuation!!!

punctuation is the hobgoblin of small minds

• Options
    Bugger i forgot to mention how horrible the campaign tree is to use
  • Options
    pterias said:

Yeah, I took that survey yesterday, there were some redundant questions. I mostly suggested player housing to make up some of the 20+ r12s worth of boons that solo players miss out on, pvp solo q/removing boons, and a foundry update/campaign w/"desirable, bound, non-power increasing rewards".

The question about tying modules into the WotC storylines was interesting because WotC announced their upcoming adventure coming out this spring is just a collection of 7 older adventures updated for 5E. Mike Mearls said on twitter that they're taking a break from big adventures for the spring. This means that there isn't gonna be any real D&D storyline for Neverwinter to even follow until next fall. This will give them some flexibility for a while.

I'm not sure what the licensing agreement looks like, but they should very well be able disentangle themselves from following the seasonal storylines without severing the ties to D&D.

From the solo only player viewpoint, I wish I'd thought to also suggest the personal housing boons. Awesome idea.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    The survey is loaded with biased questions, especially 5 and 9. It seems whatever focus group came up with this, failed to consider that some people may not have a favourite or least favourite Mod, for example.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    arabatur said:

The survey is loaded with biased questions, especially 5 and 9. It seems whatever focus group came up with this, failed to consider that some people may not have a favourite or least favourite Mod, for example.

I would think that people have at least one or 2 mods they like more or less than the others.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    ilusiphur said:

punctuation is the hobgoblin of small minds

It's also the difference between:

Let's eat, Gramma!

and

Let's eat Gramma!
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79