test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Key and Useful Items for Preview

Comments

• Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Im very disappointed. With this change its gonna be almost impossible to make any AD in game. Im broke since you take away getaway, sword coast adventures was mine only income(Yes I dont have 100 acounts with leadership, Im not crazy)
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    voidgift said:

The changes seems to be nothing but positive. New gear and drops sounds awesome. Also key ring. Great job!

I am missing however a way to see any point in buying Legendary Dragon Keys from now. They will most likely result in a guaranteed loss of AD from what I can compile out of this.

Sorry, but when you buy enchantment keys are you really think you will have a profit from it/ :D Its Ok if there a few epic stones :D one time I even won a weapon enchantment stone :D

So there are a 2 sides of changes.

1. Yes, less keys, you can run 2-4 times CN and have a trash in chest (about 6-14k ad maybe + to daily ad reward + anyway this keys are almost for free)

2. less ad in the game, hard to get interesting drop, you shouldn't have all for 1-3 days of allday farming.
    maybe its a time to stop your mindless farming? And i still waiting for really long dark dungeons.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Some of the Cool stuff: Some of these items, especially when it comes to companions, haven’t been available in Neverwinter for a while. For example, there’s a chance to get a Cleric Disciple, the Sergeant Knox companion, or a Cambion Magus (these “out of print” companions have the same chance rate others of the same quality!).
    ** These items will be bound to account. (emphasis mine)

If I read this correctly the Cleric Disciple (and other items) which were previously "bound on equip", are now going to be "bound to account" on pickup?

And what's going to happen if someone opens a chest and it contains a Cleric Disciple and they already have all the Cleric Disciples they need/want - another game item that a player cannot gift, trade or auction and just has to be discarded or sold to some merchant for a few coppers?

Thank you for bring back some of the previously discontinued item however IMO it's not cool when an item previously not bound until equipped becomes bound to account (or character) on pickup...

Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

When I took a 2 month break from this game, 1 of the games I played was Tera. In Tera, the dungeon system has a hard cap on the number of end game dungeons you can run per day, whereby you can only do 2 of each per day. This was ultimately 1 of the main reasons I stopped playing Tera, because when I play an MMO, I like to SPAM dungeons and by forcing me to stop, you are taking away the content that I enjoy. You are literally limiting the fun I have in the game. These key changes feel a lot like that hard cap, except it is a lot clunkier. Imo, this system is even worse than the system in Tera, because it forces you to keep running campaigns (which I hate doing) to make keys, to make dungeons drop anything. Furthermore, when they do drop something, 99% of the time, it is absolutely nothing.

I said it before and I will say it again. Until the rewards inside of the special chest are worth more than the value of the key you use to open it, you are effectively killing off the running of dungeons. Also, I feel REALLY sorry for those people who don't already have their legendary marks, because now, they likely NEVER will have them. Nobody will want to accept those chests with these changes, because the rewards are so garbage that it is never justified and if you think people will spend 5 hours farming free keys doing fishing and HEs, just to run 5 eSVAs, I don't know what you have been smoking.

Ultimately @mimicking#6533 you have NOT listened to player feedback and this system is no better than when you originally proposed it. None of that gear is unbound, it is still directly connected to RNG and hardly any of it is worth it.

Well said. +1

Are people actually still farming the old content to get the free key every day? Wow. That blows my mind. There is no way I would ever consider doing the same old content over and over again just to to be able to do a dungeon. I have a hard time just doing it once for the boons. I just assumed that everyone buys the zen keys. I think I crafted like 4 keys in total since beta.

And omg who would ever craft a key more than once after all that work and not getting anything back? HAHA that makes no sense at all.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Or maybe make all chest for free and content harder ? Then we dont need special bags for keys because we dont have any keys... And we still get stuff from chests depends on dungeon difficulty.
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    you ran out of keys and ragequit, before that happens.

adding variety to the loottable is great, but by far not good enough for removing the chest peak function.
    common opinion about completing the latest weapon set is, that there are about 200 MSVA runs needed to gather all 30 legendary marks (im getting close to that count, but still 4 marks of Ild away for completion).
    means without the peak function, they expect us to spend around 600(+-) keys for that weaponset, since there wont be a chance to decline.
    is this reasonable? in my opinion, it isnt, because maybe 550keys out of 600, will be wasted and not justify the grind/spend zen to get these keys.

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

When I took a 2 month break from this game, 1 of the games I played was Tera. In Tera, the dungeon system has a hard cap on the number of end game dungeons you can run per day, whereby you can only do 2 of each per day. This was ultimately 1 of the main reasons I stopped playing Tera, because when I play an MMO, I like to SPAM dungeons and by forcing me to stop, you are taking away the content that I enjoy. You are literally limiting the fun I have in the game. These key changes feel a lot like that hard cap, except it is a lot clunkier. Imo, this system is even worse than the system in Tera, because it forces you to keep running campaigns (which I hate doing) to make keys, to make dungeons drop anything. Furthermore, when they do drop something, 99% of the time, it is absolutely nothing.

I said it before and I will say it again. Until the rewards inside of the special chest are worth more than the value of the key you use to open it, you are effectively killing off the running of dungeons. Also, I feel REALLY sorry for those people who don't already have their legendary marks, because now, they likely NEVER will have them. Nobody will want to accept those chests with these changes, because the rewards are so garbage that it is never justified and if you think people will spend 5 hours farming free keys doing fishing and HEs, just to run 5 eSVAs, I don't know what you have been smoking.

Ultimately @mimicking#6533 you have NOT listened to player feedback and this system is no better than when you originally proposed it. None of that gear is unbound, it is still directly connected to RNG and hardly any of it is worth it.

Well said. +1

Are people actually still farming the old content to get the free key every day? Wow. That blows my mind. There is no way I would ever consider doing the same old content over and over again just to to be able to do a dungeon. I have a hard time just doing it once for the boons. I just assumed that everyone buys the zen keys. I think I crafted like 4 keys in total since beta.

And omg who would ever craft a key more than once after all that work and not getting anything back? HAHA that makes no sense at all.
    +1

I believe that like me people still have keys made from campaing menu because of the peek functiion... i have like 2 or 3 keys for most of the dungeons in my bag

PS;. the only key that i really plan to use are the "greater demonic" in Edemo because of twisted inchor are a sure to get...
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User

Well said. I wonder whether there were some corporate limitations involved. Like some jerk from PWE coming in and dictating the "change". Something doesn't add up here. They had all the freedom to shape the dungeon system the way they (and the community) wanted it and they come up with this?
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    BTA and NOT boe.. will kill this game.

Its as simple as that.. it is the minimum demand we are making here.

You havent fixed your loot problem.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

because it forces you to keep running campaigns (which I hate doing) to make keys, to make dungeons drop anything. Furthermore, when they do drop something, 99% of the time, it is absolutely nothing.

And In case you're still farming the old campaign zones to upgrade the stronghold, the production of the keys will be an unsustainable nightmare.
    Another very good point.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    Im not even sure they understood, when we told them the first time.

We do not have anywhere enough time to do the things they think we should be doing, without playing 10-15 hours a day..

Marks from SVA have to become unbound as well.. they just have to, or there is zero reason to continue that instance. It will help everyone out.

@mimicking#6533 I would like a direct response to this at least...

Please make the legendary marks unbound.

• Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    just my 2c, could you please add cube of aug as a chance drop in ATLEAST castle never chest or demonic key chest, even as very rare?
    im actually the gwf carry
  • Options
    Just watched kali gold's youtube video of runs of most dungeons on preview, and I'm not impressed, it seems 99% the same.

A lot of these new items (that seem pretty rare to drop, chests seem to still have the same old junk 95% of the time) seem like novelty items that might sound cool in the ideating room but are not useful to players actually playing the game (like 95% of the current companions, it sucks that some of the really cool ones you can't use unless you want to nerf your character).

Why are the Valindra's chests always such trash? At least throw some resonance stones in there or something.
  • Options
    bringeroflight#1920 bringeroflight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    throw epic and runic bags into the loot table (acct bound) and high level coupons (50% off or more) and i'd think you would make players much more happy.

Even think about adding in an item that unbinds account bound items. So that there is a chance if someone who is really high level and has run these dungeons 100's of times looking for only 1 item but keeps getting other stuff could potentially sell these dupe items that he/she gets.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017

BTA and NOT boe.. will kill this game.

Its as simple as that.. it is the minimum demand we are making here.

You havent fixed your loot problem.

The problem isn't that it's all BtA. It's that the rewards you get are on average going to be the same as before the changes.

Also, they could do plenty of things that would make BtA rewards good enough. This idea that we need BoE drops is mostly a problem for 3.5k-4k+ players that are scrounging for AD for a legendary mount. Most players are having difficulty getting and upgrading companions, getting anything but the crappy event/campaign artifacts, upgrading enchants past r8, and getting an epic mount etc. etc.

BtA loot can go a long way towards fixing those issues. It just needs to drop items consistently enough to encourage farming.

Well said. +1

I doubt it. The only keys I bother with are the underdark and skt keys. And that's only because you can make them with currency from running the related dungeons.

If opening campaign chests is a problem they could always just add a third chest that doesn't need a key and increase drop rates for salvage on bosses. IMO the goal should be to increase the quality of loot and that doesn't necessarily mean it has to come from chaining keys. Campaign chests could still be that daily chance at a different loot table as long as the rest of the dungeon drops enough salvage/rp/whatever.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Yeah the issue goes beyond bind status. Currently dungeons are part of the grind. You grind for ADs and gear progression. This update has sweetened the grind a little bit, but as it stands you'll only get a little bit more out of the runs that you are doing anyway for your daily stuff.

What players want is farmable content, which means getting equal value out of each and every run. Grind / progression and farming has to be separated imho to make this work. Then the farm rewards could be BoE or BtA depending on the type.
  • Options
    A few items that should be another category of item that you randomly get: companion tokens, aug cubes, genie gifts, rank 10+ enchantments & runestones, enchanted lockbox keys, strongbox keys, coalescent ward, blue & epic bags, 50+% coupons & race reroll tokens.

You add this stuff to the loot table in its own category as a drop in the chests and I think you would make 75% of the user base happy even with keeping the items BoA.
  • Options

A few items that should be another category of item that you randomly get: companion tokens, aug cubes, genie gifts, rank 10+ enchantments & runestones, enchanted lockbox keys, strongbox keys, coalescent ward, blue & epic bags, 50+% coupons & race reroll tokens.

You add this stuff to the loot table in its own category as a drop in the chests and I think you would make 75% of the user base happy even with keeping the items BoA.

r10 enchants dropping would discourage people from making enchants so I doubt it'll ever happen.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

r10 enchants dropping would discourage people from making enchants so I doubt it'll ever happen.

while I agree to a certain extent Im not saying they would be given out like candy but if they are BoA I dont see a huge problem with it. Most likely the players running the dungeons with the possibility to drop these would have R10 or higher anyways. Most likely looking to get R12. This would just slightly expedite the process for them from.

• Options
    edited January 2017

urabask said:

while I agree to a certain extent Im not saying they would be given out like candy but if they are BoA I dont see a huge problem with it. Most likely the players running the dungeons with the possibility to drop these would have R10 or higher anyways. Most likely looking to get R12. This would just slightly expedite the process for them from.

You can run basically every dungeon except FBI with r8s. It would just mean you'd be grinding between 2x RP events then upgrading the r10s you got to drop. They'd basically have to drop at the rate legendary rings do to not have a significant impact on the way players progress. And at that drop rate there isn't much point to making them drop.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    krasensilverkrasensilver Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    another useless items that we didnt ask for plus we didnt get anything we asked as expected. thanks for hard work and killing this game
  • Options
    @urabask

would you agree that the legendary marks should be boe at least? this is a good farmable item, that would hold a good value for long time honestly.

It would make it so there is a reason to run the content.
    it would help out those who cannot farm it (or as much) or having massive rng issues.

This would solve so many issues (with the new content anyways)
  • Options
    canescioltocanesciolto Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    First of all, thank you for adding a feature (keyring) that any other mmo already got since dozens of years... Considering how you listen your comminity, this was not even so obvious. Thanks again :)

My following feedback will be based on my own playstyle (1 endgame character running 1-2 endgame contets daily + 3 low/mid level alts with no will to improve), not having any idea, neither interest, to speak for people playing differently from me.

Until now, i have bought some Legendary Dragon Keys, with Key System change i wont buy anymore. No need to explain why.

No interest in new low/mid level equips, companions, mounts, enchantments and so on. My main already got all the best, and being account-bound there is no point in getting these new loots.

I wont run MSVA anymore and my relic weapons will stay at purple full refined all the time. The reason is because i get 1 legendary mark every 10-15 runs and now, not being possible peeking in the chests anymore, i wont spend hours in fishing or (worse) bhe farming just to get 5%-10% chance fort 1 orange mark (maybe the one i dont need, rng is such a good lady :P).

I wont run FBI anymore, because in my previous runs i only got refining stones (6 in a row). My hope was for changes with guaranteed drop or at least a choise for missing relic armor pieces. If only i think about the time wasted fighting Drufi because of Permafrost BUG killing companions my belly trembles...

Now, im just curious... Who and (expecially) why in Dev team woke up a morning with this foolish idea about this Key System change? Are you really so obfuscated not understanding that all of this is senseless? Current system unintended? If it was (and current system is all but good), you are proposing a worse one. And for sure your (unexpressed) purposes wont be fullfilled with it...

Period.

No appeal.

Wait, you took about two months to re-write loot tables... Ehm, what have you done in 2 months? Because that seems to be a mountain giving birth a (dead) mouse.

As always, nothing personal with anyone, just my feedback about (very bad) work proposed.
  • Options
    I cant hammer this enough.

System WAS fine and fair enough for all involved up to mod 10..
    mod 10 ruined game play for many.
    mod 10 has sucked the life out of the game and replaced with needless hours of grind.
    New key change propasal MAKES IT EVEN WORSE.

We simply do not want to spend most of our time in game doing the things you thnk we should be doing.

Who is actually making this stuff up..

We loved neverwinter basic premise the way it was and ONLY asked for some harder content to be dleivered, because of power creep from 1+ years..

you instead replaced with endless hours of boring un-fun , alt unfriendly system.

GET BACK into a room and fix your mess.

Customers not happy.. and yes thats me, I spend money on your spirited mess, though lord knows why.

• Options
    edited January 2017

@urabask

would you agree that the legendary marks should be boe at least? this is a good farmable item, that would hold a good value for long time honestly.

It would make it so there is a reason to run the content.
    it would help out those who cannot farm it (or as much) or having massive rng issues.

This would solve so many issues (with the new content anyways)

Yeah, I'd love to see that happen. But they're going to have to drastically increase the drop rate, decrease the requirements for each reputation reward and make it so you only burn 1 dragon key for all three chests. Otherwise we'll have runs falling apart because everyone is running out of reputation for chests and keys are too expensive to use for it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    New mod forces you to grind boring HEs just to progress. So now We're expected to grind old campaigns we've finished just to produce keys because the loot drop rates are still abysmal. Yeah, boring game design totally won't bore people to death, drive even more away, and discourage even more people than ever from touching this game. I think it's about time to send a clear message to management.