test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Mod 10] Lia Knowles' GWF Destroyer DPS for PVE build.

Comments

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

Lia, what do you do currently for armor? I personally hate the whole empowerment angle.... I still need to start diong FBI and (N)(E)SVA. Got fancy new green weps, though.

I'm going to stick with my vivified relic armor, it's uncomfortable to empower it all the time, but it's worth the stat increase for me individually. You can always go with Adamant Masterwork stuff, it's still decent.
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    What are your thoughts on stat rolls that now include putting additional points in CHA? I'm currently running a Power + Charisma build since I'm able to maintain high crit chance thanks to r12 Azures and +5 precision rings. I'm sitting at 26.5% Combat Advantage and I'm thinking of running the 2 CA companions to push the bar a little higher (10% more). My companion load out would be Fire/Air/Erinyes/Blink/and the Nut sack looking thing.
  • Options
    nickjdowe said:

What are your thoughts on stat rolls that now include putting additional points in CHA? I'm currently running a Power + Charisma build since I'm able to maintain high crit chance thanks to r12 Azures and +5 precision rings. I'm sitting at 26.5% Combat Advantage and I'm thinking of running the 2 CA companions to push the bar a little higher (10% more). My companion load out would be Fire/Air/Erinyes/Blink/and the Nut sack looking thing.

CA companions got nerfed as they're the bonus won't multiply anymore, it's additive ever since the change, that makes equipping more than one CA companion pretty much redundant and there are far better options. I'm unsure about CA from CHA tbh, if it adds to the regular stat then that would be a problem seeing as the stat has a pretty ridiculous diminishing return after a certain threshold I'll run a few tests when I have the time.
  • Options
    swizz#5552 swizz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Why u use the heart of blue dragon and not tay book for example ?
  • Options

Why u use the heart of blue dragon and not tay book for example ?

I don't need anymore armpen, as I have it right now it's exactly 60% RI.
  • Options
    wilswilswilswils Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Why no battle fury? It's literally the same buff as daring shout.
    Lord Killington, enough said.
  • Options
    wilswils said:

No it's not, please read the explanation and numbers section and look at what Daring Shout does. Also according to recent findings it's situational. If you have a GF or another GWF in the party you're better off with BF, if nobody else is marking DS is the way to go.
  • Options
    rinat114 said:

wilswils said:

No it's not, please read the explanation and numbers section and look at what Daring Shout does. Also according to recent findings it's situational. If you have a GF or another GWF in the party you're better off with BF, if nobody else is marking DS is the way to go.
    And thats the reason why IBS isn't BIS.
    If nobody is marking i switch IBS for daring shout ofc. There is just no point of not running battle fury.
  • Options
    wilswils said:

rinat114 said:

wilswils said:

If nobody is marking i switch IBS for daring shout ofc. There is just no point of not running battle fury.
    See, what most people don't understand is that replacing IBS with BF and running full buffs is merely an illusion, not only it doesn't really increase your damage (it might feel that way because you run ahead with endless stamina and kill everything before the poor CW/TR can get there), it'll lower it for the most part. IBS gives you the kind of burst that's irreplaceable. 10 - 15m burst hits off the bat. Running BF+DS in trash phases inside trash dungeons (like all the t2's and CN) can be valid and provide you extra damage for the most part, in the big boy section of the game (FBI, eSVA) it'll gimp your damage by far, feel free to try it out yourself.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    IBS is awesome assuming anything is still standing by the time you getting all ready to go :)

I have been experimenting switching between BF and IBS and there seems to be situations for both. BF is good when you are just flailing around wiping trash with no bigger monster in the group, like say the 5 man strong hold heroics and IBS is great to finish off the bigger guys.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    I know at this point it's not going to happen but I wonder how Lia Knowles would do as a PVP GWF. Her build is obviously going to be optimized since it would be just as easy to do so but countering other elite players' moves and knowing when to rotate and shot-calling for teammates.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I know at this point it's not going to happen but I wonder how Lia Knowles would do as a PVP GWF. Her build is obviously going to be optimized since it would be just as easy to do so but countering other elite players' moves and knowing when to rotate and shot-calling for teammates.

I used to be a pretty avid PVP player, did premades for a long while as well, ranked top 20 in NCL til I got bored and specced back to PVE, ranked up high in the leaderboards for a while (when they worked), etc. PVP is no longer fun for me as it's not balanced anymore, I still have all the gear and enchants on standby if I ever want to return, but that's only gonna happen incase of a complete overhaul. I wasn't the greatest nor the best, but I was competent, I mostly lack the killer instinct for PVP (that also screws me over in FPS games lmao, but that's just something you can improve as a person only to some extent), you gotta think fast and you gotta act fast. Whenever I went PVP it was a complete transformation of my toon, spec and gear, nothing like my PVE spec. Sadly, GWF is not a class that can serve you well in both fields using the same spec (unlike HR's and TR's for example). At least they're working on dual specs so that would be nice :)

Also Seavia suffered ;)

• Options
    rinat114 said:

wilswils said:

rinat114 said:

wilswils said:

See, what most people don't understand is that replacing IBS with BF and running full buffs is merely an illusion, not only it doesn't really increase your damage (it might feel that way because you run ahead with endless stamina and kill everything before the poor CW/TR can get there), it'll lower it for the most part. IBS gives you the kind of burst that's irreplaceable. 10 - 15m burst hits off the bat. Running BF+DS in trash phases inside trash dungeons (like all the t2's and CN) can be valid and provide you extra damage for the most part, in the big boy section of the game (FBI, eSVA) it'll gimp your damage by far, feel free to try it out yourself.
    That might be true, im very biased about battle fury since i do alot of stuffs solo. Im simply going over the 10sec cooldown vs the amount of surestrikes i can HAMSTER out during that period of time. If the buffs are lacking, the IBS wont be effective in my opinion.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    rinat114 said:

I'm going to stick with my vivified relic armor, it's uncomfortable to empower it all the time, but it's worth the stat increase for me individually. You can always go with Adamant Masterwork stuff, it's still decent.

I saw a new armour on preview with 29k hp, i had to unistal preview so i dont know which stats it has, since 3 pieces are enough for the bonus probably that armour is an option.

Update, found a image, in terms of stats is not very good, but it's convenient piece of gear for people that dont want to worry much about voninblood:
    29,387 HP
    +1 AC
    2006 critical
    1337 recovery
    633 defence
    25% chance to find aditional relic while digging for relics.
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• Options
    crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

I used to be a pretty avid PVP player, did premades for a long while as well, ranked top 20 in NCL til I got bored and specced back to PVE, ranked up high in the leaderboards for a while (when they worked), etc. PVP is no longer fun for me as it's not balanced anymore, I still have all the gear and enchants on standby if I ever want to return, but that's only gonna happen incase of a complete overhaul. I wasn't the greatest nor the best, but I was competent, I mostly lack the killer instinct for PVP (that also screws me over in FPS games lmao, but that's just something you can improve as a person only to some extent), you gotta think fast and you gotta act fast. Whenever I went PVP it was a complete transformation of my toon, spec and gear, nothing like my PVE spec. Sadly, GWF is not a class that can serve you well in both fields using the same spec (unlike HR's and TR's for example). At least they're working on dual specs so that would be nice :)

Also Seavia suffered ;)

Seeing your videos and analysis, I can say that you'd actually translate well into PVP. A lot of people especially GWFs do not. Which is why what Icydrake is doing is phenomenal as well.
  • Options
    Hello how are you? Thanks for the guide. It's great to know that there are people who share their ideas about the game and especially about that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> class that is gwf. I would like to ask you about a build. Would it be possible for a gwf to reach only 90k of power using vivified equipment? thanks for listening.
  • Options
    kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    hi Lia, have a small question on protectors c. I had 3 on as well as friendship since the last update some one in game clamed that protectors C no longer stacked. so I went to the dummys and tested I found I had lost close to 4k power. when all four were loaded Vs just 1 protectors C and 1 Friend my power went up the same. is there something I might be doing wrong or did they nurff it on use ?
  • Options
    kevros62 said:

hi Lia, have a small question on protectors c. I had 3 on as well as friendship since the last update some one in game clamed that protectors C no longer stacked. so I went to the dummys and tested I found I had lost close to 4k power. when all four were loaded Vs just 1 protectors C and 1 Friend my power went up the same. is there something I might be doing wrong or did they nurff it on use ?

Just checked, works just fine. Not sure what you're doing wrong, granted the additional two Prot C's give you an extra 1%, but it indeed works. I've been having issues with inflating stats over time lately though that's realted to the Friendship/Camaraderie synergy, my stats just inflate over time for no good reason, gotta verify it's just me first though. So far I couldn't find anyone with a similar issue.

Hello how are you? Thanks for the guide. It's great to know that there are people who share their ideas about the game and especially about that HAMSTER class that is gwf. I would like to ask you about a build. Would it be possible for a gwf to reach only 90k of power using vivified equipment? thanks for listening.

Define only? Not sure if I understand the question.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Its not just you I see my stats inflate and deflate while just sitting in a no combat area and no buffs not even campfire. I suspect its the fire arch. my reason for this is the other day I loaded a brut ring on the fire arch just to see the results it never proced even when it said it was once out of combat the ring kept trying to proc and did so until I took it off now this idea my be full of hamster lol But I think something on the fire Arch is trying to proc . as of yet I have not had the chance to test this I do plan on it tonight but in truth not sure I care that much about it as long as the good stuff is working lol
    Post edited by kevros62 on
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I've been having trouble with my stats strolling back and forth for some time. I attribued it to the legendary bonus, and before that, augmnt.
  • Options
    Lia, given a choice, assuming you have 90%+ crit, would you go for a 4000 recovery mount bonus, or 2000 power?
  • Options

I've been having trouble with my stats strolling back and forth for some time. I attribued it to the legendary bonus, and before that, augmnt.

Yeah that's been happening since they introduced the legendary bonus. I've grown accustomed to it by now lmao. The inflation of stats I'm talking about is actually when the Archon attacks dummies. If i give it 2 minutes without doing anything myself, my stats just inflate every 20 seconds. A steady increase also, it halts after a few minutes though but stays steady after that. If I remove my P. Camaraderie + Friendship entirely the issue is non-existent, so I assume it's related to the mount bonuses.

Lia, given a choice, assuming you have 90%+ crit, would you go for a 4000 recovery mount bonus, or 2000 power?

If you're BIS or anything close to that, I'd go with the 4k reco, 1k extra power won't give you much in BIS levels.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the perspective. I'm more or less BIS, so you're advice makes sense. I still envy your BI Warhorse.... Gladly trade you a Tenser's for it!
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Hi, I checked protectors camaradery, slotted two times with my warlock, Crab Mount+ Arkaiun Coursor.
    I could see the two buffs from Prot c. and Prot. friendschip and both stacked 4 times and worked fine, but I did not see any effect from the second Prot. Camaradery, Powerstat is the same and does not rise?
  • Options

Hi, I checked protectors camaradery, slotted two times with my warlock, Crab Mount+ Arkaiun Coursor.
    I could see the two buffs from Prot c. and Prot. friendschip and both stacked 4 times and worked fine, but I did not see any effect from the second Prot. Camaradery, Powerstat is the same and does not rise?

That's very odd, mine's rising properly. Something's definitely off about the bonuses, haven't heard from anyone within the guild about anything wrong though. Could be certain mounts that are causing the problem. I'll check later today if I can find out anything.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Maybe that Arkaiun coursor, too cheap to be good :disappointed:
    seperately both do work
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Any thoughts about Eye of the Giant as primary artifact?

I'm thinking about trying one out instead of the Wheel, but being on console without ACT, actual testing isn't very accurate :(

Also, not sure I'd want to loose the versatility from the wheel anyways, even though one can always switch them out for bosses and whatnot...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Thanks, Schietindebux for wording the issue better than I did B) I've tried multiple mount set ups with no luck
  • Options
    ritosin#8429 ritosin Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I have a couple of questions about the build im new to getting end-game gear and such and what to aim for in stats for Neverwinter
    1. What is your unbuffed crit chance % at?
    2. What armor kits are you useing?
    3. What is the cap for armor pen?
This discussion has been closed.