test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Relic Weapon Setbonus

tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi my fellow players,
Dear Devs,

the new Setbonus the Runic weapons have sucks or more precise: the way you activate it!
The fact that the shift move procs the devensiv overcharge is really bad, this hinders your movement too much and is basicly useless.
e.g. (sw point of view).
-u use your wheel of elements and want to shift into the fire buff... AHH better not do that u get overcharge defens.
-u want to shift trough a void in CN... AHH HAMSTER up again u got overcharge defense -.-
-u want to use shift to get to the next mob group faster... guess what wasted again.
-u want to use shift to position yourself behind the boss... lost the setbonus again.
-u use shift to jump off your mount... wow again overcharge defense

can u pls change it? move the overcharge defense to some other move. maybe let it proc when taking dmg. or when u use a daily.
How it is now is just frustrating.

Greetings Natsu

@nitocris83 @mimicking#6533 @asterdahl @terramak @strumslinger

Comments

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Some classes, like GWF, can easily bypass the bonus and utilize it. As in, before you cast a wheel, you just use 1 charge of HD, that'll activate the offensive bonus and you can proceed in doing whatever you're doing. I assume other classes can do the same with any power that has charges. But yeah, it mostly sucks, I liked it before they changed it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    This would also be bad for TRs who use their dodge to refill stealth, just off the top of my head. And almost everyone who uses a Wheel as active dodges forward to take the fire buff unless they're GF/OP and can't.

Ed: Come to think of it, OP and GF raise their shield every time accepting a party invite or rolling on loot or whatever, since there's no movement key involved in their shift skill. I guess not the end of the world to get the defense buff on those classes by accident, but... yeesh.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rinat114 said:

Some classes, like GWF, can easily bypass the bonus and utilize it. As in, before you cast a wheel, you just use 1 charge of HD, that'll activate the offensive bonus and you can proceed in doing whatever you're doing. I assume other classes can do the same with any power that has charges. But yeah, it mostly sucks, I liked it before they changed it.

Hmmm, depends if you have a power you can handily activate without a target. Better still if it's something you'd slot anyway. And ugh to micromanaging anything that takes away from fluid gameplay.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    rinat114 said:

yeah there are workarounds. but i think a mechanic like that shouldnt force you to do such things. It should feel good and enjoyable to use. But maybe thats only my opinion and everyone feels different.
  • Options

If you are worrying about it that much you are already micromanaging your character too much.

... everyone plays this game different. You dont have the right to judge how i shall play my charakter. I am ok with you beeing casual. Still the way the setbonus works still pisses me off and i think i am not the only one. It wouldnt be a major change and it would make the game more enjoable so pls take your bias somewhere else.
  • Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

Hi my fellow players,
    Dear Devs,

the new Setbonus the Runic weapons have sucks or more precise: the way you activate it!
    The fact that the shift move procs the devensiv overcharge is really bad, this hinders your movement too much and is basicly useless.
    e.g. (sw point of view).
    -u use your wheel of elements and want to shift into the fire buff... AHH better not do that u get overcharge defens.
    -u want to shift trough a void in CN... AHH HAMSTER up again u got overcharge defense -.-
    -u want to use shift to get to the next mob group faster... guess what wasted again.
    -u want to use shift to position yourself behind the boss... lost the setbonus again.
    -u use shift to jump off your mount... wow again overcharge defense

can u pls change it? move the overcharge defense to some other move. maybe let it proc when taking dmg. or when u use a daily.
    How it is now is just frustrating.

Greetings Natsu

@nitocris83 @mimicking#6533 @asterdahl @terramak @strumslinger

Fun thing is that we created a topic to talk about the same thing hahaha. 100% support from me :smiley:
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    Shift is supposed to be your defensive mechanism, not a speedrun tool. If you use it that way it's not the designer's problem. I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve right now. Set bonuses being altered is an extremely rare event, and i doubt it's going to be changed this time. I also doubt that the devs are willing to use the same mechanics twice for sets as they've never done that before.
  • Options
    diogene0 said:

Shift is supposed to be your defensive mechanism, not a speedrun tool. If you use it that way it's not the designer's problem. I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve right now. Set bonuses being altered is an extremely rare event, and i doubt it's going to be changed this time. I also doubt that the devs are willing to use the same mechanics twice for sets as they've never done that before.

i want the game to be more fun to me.
    If you like it the way it is now then good for u.
    I would love to see a change so i dont have completely ignore my shift mechanic 99% of the dungeon time
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    tom#6998 said:

diogene0 said:

i want the game to be more fun to me.
    If you like it the way it is now then good for u.
    I would love to see a change so i dont have completely ignore my shift mechanic 99% of the dungeon time
    There's been three cases of set bonus alterations in the past:
    - Knight captain, because it allowed teams to one shot bosses
    - High Vizier, because it could lead to almost instant boss kills
    - Burning sets, because AP is too good
    All these sets were altered but only the set bonus was. It was given some sort of cooldown, stacking limit or a small rework, but the set mostly remained the same.

Whether I like it or not is not relevant, but you're wasting your breathe. Neverwinter devs don't alter set bonus unless they provide such a dramatic increase in character power that it greatly trivializes the content, that's about it. We have 3 years of balance history to know what we can ask for and what will fall on deaf ears, and frankly I can't say I disagree with that. There are far more important balance problems that require designer's attentions right now. Like, I don't know, fixing the latest anointed army bug that let us play in god mode? :smiley:
  • Options
    if you dont agree with me ok. i will still ask for a change.
    dont waste your breath trying to convince me into stoping making suggestions
  • Options
    tom#6998 said:

if you dont agree with me ok. i will still ask for a change.
    dont waste your breath trying to convince me into stoping making suggestions

Don't forget your letter to Santa Claus too then. :wink:
  • Options
    sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2016

This would also be bad for TRs who use their dodge to refill stealth, just off the top of my head. And almost everyone who uses a Wheel as active dodges forward to take the fire buff unless they're GF/OP and can't.

Ed: Come to think of it, OP and GF raise their shield every time accepting a party invite or rolling on loot or whatever, since there's no movement key involved in their shift skill. I guess not the end of the world to get the defense buff on those classes by accident, but... yeesh.

Actually, I was thinking that we might have just found a use for ITC again. Lol. I JUST finished a blog post about how I wasn't going to really use ITC anymore...

I usually jump forward and pop the wheel in the air and land on the fire. This way you don't stand there like an idiot waiting for the animation to finish, and it's very unlikely someone jets in front of you and gets it before you can. Just a thought on an alternative to dashing forward.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    They gave Damage boost on shift, everybody cried, so they gave it defense instead, and people still cry! What can they even do?!

FYI, if you use shift to move faster, the Defense Overcharge gives a speed boost too... I personally don't see a problem, the set bonus is just an 'extra', you'd use those weapons even if there wasn't one.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    Well, as I see it, in hectic dungeons or trials there's literally no point in trying to get the correct bonus. Either it happens or not, you're gonna get one no matter what. In more relaxed content it's more controllable and you can cherry pick what you want if you do it right. I guess it's only fair since the bonus is so OP, I don't think we all even need that extra damage, let alone easily used.
  • Options
    krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Set bonus aside any1 tried to transmute relic weapons? I just got them for my hr, rank 59 ready to upgrade. And change appearance window wont show any of the transtumes i have in bags/bank. For relic main hand it shows me only... relic offhand. For relic offhand - relic mainhand... WTF?! Tried cta/nightmare stuff & random green/blue weapons. THe funny part is it still shows dyes.. Not like you can dye a weapon.

Post edited by krymkac on
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Nothing against a defensive bonus, but defence primarily is useless for my class (TR). If it were deflect I would be happier. Seriously, you could stack 100% damage resistance on a rogue and still get 1 hit unless you've got decent deflect alongside it.

For classes that rely on defense to avoid damage, this is great, I will love it on DC, but for the squishy DPS'ers this isn't useful at all.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

Well, as I see it, in hectic dungeons or trials there's literally no point in trying to get the correct bonus. Either it happens or not, you're gonna get one no matter what. In more relaxed content it's more controllable and you can cherry pick what you want if you do it right. I guess it's only fair since the bonus is so OP, I don't think we all even need that extra damage, let alone easily used.

They can always adjust the team DPS by nerfing the support classes some more
  • Options
    rinat114 said:

its not about needing anyway.
    we dont need the new weapons/armor or anyting introduced in mod 10/10.5 to beat the content in terms of difficulty.
    this request is about a QOL change (it would be that atleast for me).
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Why not just let the players choose which way they want to activate each bonus, could be either of the two ways it has been, or even completely custom, as in any button.

That can't be a very hard feature to implement, even in this game...
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    diogene0 said:

There's been three cases of set bonus alterations in the past:
    - Knight captain, because it allowed teams to one shot bosses
    - High Vizier, because it could lead to almost instant boss kills
    - Burning sets, because AP is too good

Stalwart Bulwark Set got a severe nerf from
    When struck in combat you gain 5% of your maximum hit points as Power. This effect stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 8 seconds.
    to
    When you are blocking, strikes against you generate stacks of Stalwart Bulwark. Your next power deals 20 bonus damage for each stack of Stalwart Bulwark on you. You may have up to 10 stacks.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

In PvE it doesn't grant power like Twisted thus it doesn't synergise with plenty of power-oriented buffs, good and bad at same time cause power creep is too much, in PvP speed is not enough neither is healing meaning its not Drowed neither is movability from Howling at any comparable level. For the price I paid to complete this weapon (reagents - dragon turtle moults, lanolins) to time to achieve for bonus it grants, I could pass on this weapons as well.

I'm expecting a drop in Power as well when switching to the new weapons--I'll have to see how much base damage makes up for it--which is why I don't like the idea of Overcharge: Defense popping every time I sprint. And I'm feeding my spare Drowned Weapons into it, so they will no longer be available if I want to go back to them....
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

But yeah, it mostly sucks, I liked it before they changed it.

How did they originally work, before hitting Live?
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    krymkac said:

Set bonus aside any1 tried to transmute relic weapons? I just got them for my hr, rank 59 ready to upgrade. And change appearance window wont show any of the transtumes i have in bags/bank. For relic main hand it shows me only... relic offhand. For relic offhand - relic mainhand... WTF?! Tried cta/nightmare stuff & random green/blue weapons. THe funny part is it still shows dyes.. Not like you can dye a weapon.

I have not personally transmuted one, but a post on this forum said only other Relic Weapons can be used as transmutes. Kinda silly with the cost of the Relic Weapons.
  • Options
    krymkac said:

i was able to transmute them without problems.
    maybe write a support ticket?
  • Options
    billyg#1903 billyg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Anyone having trouble with stats on relic weapons adding the right amount to power and critical. Should be an increase from twisted. Mine went down. Unless twisted is holding paranoia at 12x always power on relic set should increase.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

rinat114 said:

But yeah, it mostly sucks, I liked it before they changed it.

How did they originally work, before hitting Live?
    It was a shift for the offensive bonus and a daily for the defensive basically, which was completely fine by me :(
  • Options
    tom#6998 said:

krymkac said:

i was able to transmute them without problems.
    maybe write a support ticket?
    Only rangers reporting problems with it implies that only rangers are bugged. Lucky!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

If you are worrying about it that much you are already micromanaging your character too much.

va8Ru.gif