test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so no extending zen sale? its time to community rage

royineverroyinever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 162 Arc User
edited November 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
this time im raging myself

the server went down- not cryptic fault we know this it was much wider range problem

not extending the event - cryptic fault, all other excuses are invalid

its not just me , lots of prople dont bother with those forums anymore, but i represent i think alot more people that was trying to finish eveything else before buy from the zen store the stuff they were aim for

and now we are "stuck" with zen at full price that give us no use

and the excuse that our new community manager gave us is invalid and pathetic

im sorry but to put zen sale back on doesnt require nothing special and i know this ,its not even extending the double event AD.RP etc .,.,

its extending what u promised us as weekend sale

the rage comes from that because unlike the other double events , the zen sale dont forget is involving real money too
,and anything else then return the sale for people to take advantege of it as u promised is consider to me as f ur customers

and thats even before talking about people that "lost " salvage value , refine value etc

no we are not going to sit quiet and absorb it , i dont care how many idiotic people in this god awfull forum like to get HAMSTER

im not

not as pay supporter user , not when it become a product to us

we have demands for our money , and they are not in the sky

we ask communication , we ask fairness , we ask deliver your agreements

its 2 years since i play this game that stuff that involves real life money lots of time going bad -

false advertising , missleading posts , lack of communication after HAMSTER up on their side

all of this for 2 f years
and we keep support them , cause its our believe that support game u play is good ,is important ,
but for how long ? how long till we all say HAMSTER this

and an1 else who feel that way should be screaming right now

this is a game , but the time when real money comes in it become a business , so act like one and show ur customers u give value for money

return the zen sale for this weekend and start improving ur godam customer service

you are a joke cryptic and pwe

and i will start treat you as one , not support you anymore
Post edited by royinever on

Comments

• Options
    fjdkslsfjdksls Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    royinever said:

the diff between this situation and the other u presented is that cryptic can control the vars here

put zen sale back on u be surprised is not that hard thing to do

and i know this its different system then the double event ones

and you know what real world is like ? customer service

u just among the ones who will let any company that u pay for their service abuse u and sit quiet after probably

m sorry some people are not like that

some people dont let other HAMSTER them

And a store can sell you stuff at the sale prices, but where does it end? You're not just asking them to give you one more hour of 40% off, you're now asking for a whole weekend. You're not asking to be "made whole", you're asking for them double the length of a sale because you weren't able to make it there in the hour before they closed.

Go out into the real world, and show me a real-world example of a company that would have a second black Friday sale just because some people weren't able to take full advantage of the first one.

Ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Im very curious. Why did you wait till the last hours of the sale to buy zen specifically for use in the sale?

I really cant imagine there are that many people who have a legit reason to wait till the last hour of the 96 hour sale to take advantage if it. So i m truely curious what your reason is.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @FJDKSLS

Still disagree with ya mate.

Let me give you an example. A store is open and accepts money to be exchanged for goods and services 1 hour before closing and their sale ends today.

Oh thanks for your money, but we're closing early today. Your store credit can still be used, but at full prices. Come back tomorrow. Oh and we're working on long term plans to make our store more attractive to customers, so I won't be able to sort out your complaints #sorrynotsorry.

Basically what our new CM was saying.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    fjdkslsfjdksls Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    vordayn said:

@FJDKSLS

Still disagree with ya mate.

Let me give you an example. A store is open and accepts money to be exchanged for goods and services 1 hour before closing and their sale ends today.

Oh thanks for your money, but we're closing early today. Your store credit can still be used, but at full prices. Come back tomorrow. Oh and we're working on long term plans to make our store more attractive to customers, so I won't be able to sort out your complaints #sorrynotsorry.

Basically what our new CM was saying.

Except that they didn't. The problem was not that Cryptic took the servers down early. The problem was that Level 3, i.e. the freeway, had an outage. It's completely out of their control, so why should they have to accommodate for it?
  • Options
    @fjdksls

If you've been paying attention to consoles, sales did go down 3 hours earlier than advertised.

A couple of reasons were put forth by the game's rep, including a 'daylight savings issue'. The sales period were actually turned on an hour earlier (without notifying us) and thus finished up an hour earlier. So no, not just on these 'outages'. But a nice way to deflect blame, eh?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    From @nitocris83:

"<blockquote class="Quote" rel="nitocris83">We were able to look at the code and it seems that the sale triggered ON an hour early which means that it also triggered OFF an hour early. We believe the culprit may be daylight savings time but since we aren't positive, we don't want to turn the sale back on in case it shuts down again unexpectedly (I would rather avoid riots during my first couple weeks here!)</blockquote>"
    Post edited by vordayn on
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    vordayn said:

Oh thanks for your money, but we're closing early today. Your store credit can still be used, but at full prices.

That is the problem. They did not close the store. There were people still playing while I could not connect.
    Read the thread. The problem in this case was - to use an analogy - that there was an accident on the highway and it got closed off for hours.
    If you had started from home in the morning you would have arrived in time. As you waited until the last hour (procrastinator?) IMO it's your fault. It's not up to Cryptic that you can not manage your time.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    This is really hilarious and will more than likely get closed down by a moderator for the laugh factor. I started playing this weekend and as I played I made purchases. I didn't wait in the shadows like some eBay sniper, why would I?? I got so tired near the end with a little less than 10 hours remaining I put my 7 characters to bed, then I went to bed satisfied with the sale.

I don't understand putting off to the last minute when the sale was clearly all weekend long. I could think of better reasons to rant at Cryptic. But guess what? You are NOT ranting at Cryptic. Do you honestly believe the CEO reads this? I can't visualize Stephen sitting at his desk saying, "First thing I have to do is check the forums!" It just doesn't happen.

You are ranting at users and players who were overall satisfied they even held a sale. The Zax dropped from 10 million backlog to about 3 million. So now maybe sometime after New Years we can actually see Zen for less than 400 AD. This is almost like going to your bank and demanding free money because you didn't make your deposit on time and were over drafted.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I'm amazed anyone is still pumping money into this game...
  • Options

vordayn said:

Oh thanks for your money, but we're closing early today. Your store credit can still be used, but at full prices.

That is the problem. They did not close the store. There were people still playing while I could not connect.
    Read the thread. The problem in this case was - to use an analogy - that there was an accident on the highway and it got closed off for hours.
    If you had started from home in the morning you would have arrived in time. As you waited until the last hour (procrastinator?) IMO it's your fault. It's not up to Cryptic that you can not manage your time.
    Read the quote above - the sales were also stopped an hour early because they turned it on an hour early without anyone explaining things.

Plus, your response shows how little empathy you have.

Let me give you another example:

You have dropped off your kids at daycare, on the way driving back from work a tree falls into your path, delaying reaching the daycare by 2 hours after it closes.

Daycare puts your kids out in the garden to play, because they have closed up.

Sucks to be involved in a freak of nature! Guess it's not the daycare's fault, but they don't give a damn anyway.

• Options
    edited November 2016

This is really hilarious and will more than likely get closed down by a moderator for the laugh factor. I started playing this weekend and as I played I made purchases. I didn't wait in the shadows like some eBay sniper, why would I?? I got so tired near the end with a little less than 10 hours remaining I put my 7 characters to bed, then I went to bed satisfied with the sale.

I don't understand putting off to the last minute when the sale was clearly all weekend long. I could think of better reasons to rant at Cryptic. But guess what? You are NOT ranting at Cryptic. Do you honestly believe the CEO reads this? I can't visualize Stephen sitting at his desk saying, "First thing I have to do is check the forums!" It just doesn't happen.

You are ranting at users and players who were overall satisfied they even held a sale. The Zax dropped from 10 million backlog to about 3 million. So now maybe sometime after New Years we can actually see Zen for less than 400 AD. This is almost like going to your bank and demanding free money because you didn't make your deposit on time and were over drafted.

There really isn't anything in your response rather than critiquing your own playerbase. This is an MMO afterall. I realise upper management probably will not read this personally, but have you not witnessed previous issues which were brought to management? E.g. keygate. I mean, that was recent, how could you forget it?

People have a voice, and your lack of empathy in trying to stop people for voicing their concerns is worrying. So please, just let us try to voice our concerns and don't be there in the middle saying, "I told you so". It isn't very nice.

• Options
    regenerde said:

Voicing your opinion about something wrong... go for it.
    Raging about something wrong... waste of time.

And while i agree in general on speaking up about the issues here around events, i disagree on raging about them.
    It's better to take a moment, gather your thoughts and then come up with a solid thread about these problems.
    So that these threads stay open, and they might even change something in the future... not going to hold my breath on it, but that's all "we" regular players can do.

The best you can do for now is to prepare for the next sale, and then get what you want within the first hour/day of it.

I can't even take your signature and apply it literally, because well, you do make sense.

I would say that the sales were good, yes, but ended on a bad note. The justifications for how it ended were less than satisfactory for those who plan around those last few hours. Placing contingencies in things that can go wrong is something you would probably acquire over time, and with wisdom. I fell into a trap thinking that there wouldn't be an error late in the evening. I was close to refining all my stones that I needed to, and was contemplating on recharging some more zen for those crucial last preservation stones to complete refinement. Thank goodness that didn't happen, or I'd be even more upset. But that did happen to other people here, and to hear other people say that it's solely their fault is a bit thoughtless, but that is my opinion. There was an error here, and Cryptic always has a chance to save face and really put a smile on their customers' faces. They opted to choose the safe option and say it wasn't their fault. On one level it wasn't (power outages), but on another it was a programming fault on their end (getting daylight saving's time wrong and starting and stopping the sale event an hour early).

But laying blame solely on customers (your fellow players) who planned for those hours is not helping them much. I appreciate your response though, it is reasoned and at least not so thoughtless as some others'.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    vordayn said:

vordayn said:

Read the quote above - the sales were also stopped an hour early because they turned it on an hour early without anyone explaining things.

Plus, your response shows how little empathy you have.

Let me give you another example:

You have dropped off your kids at daycare, on the way driving back from work a tree falls into your path, delaying reaching the daycare by 2 hours after it closes.

Daycare puts your kids out in the garden to play, because they have closed up.

Sucks to be involved in a freak of nature! Guess it's not the daycare's fault, but they don't give a damn anyway.

You just compared endangering kids life by someone who was entrusted with their welfare to a shop sale ?
    I hope everyone can see the little difference in those circumstances.

1. Lets be real, it's a game, to actually rage over things, is taking life out of proportions.

2. Lets have it as a life lesson - HAMSTER happens, that's why people don't wait for the last second to do important things. And those that do, know the risk.

3. Empathy - You know, I would have more empathy for someone who exchanged AD to ZEN and didn't make it because of this. And was posting asking for prolonging the event in a normal way. But frothing, calling other players with other opinions idiots, using a platform and calling it god awful, calling the simple and probably truthful explanation pathetic, doesn't invoke empathy, it creates an urge to have a virtual punch the entitled, uncontrollably raging, childish, that can't even bother to try and type correctly, virtual face.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    @micky1p00

Whatever man. Calm down yourself.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    vordayn said:

@mickey1p00

Whatever man. Calm down yourself.

Hmm? I don't think it was not calm, at least I didn't intend to, I was just graphically making a point, no harm to virtual faces was intended. Or done during the creation of said post. (also I meant the OP virtual angry face, not yours)
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Meh, I don't care if they extend the sale or not.

Rewarding Cryptic's wanton mismanagement by paying them money, even with a sale, is simply contributing to the problem rather than being part of the solution.

If they were good stewards of the game and operated on customer-centric basis... then extending the sale for one extra day because the game was down unexpectedly would be an obvious no-brainer. They don't operate that way, so frankly dear OP, you're wasting your time arguing the matter. Don't waste your money too. If they make the game worth spending money on - pay up. Until then? Don't.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Personally I got all I could from the event considering my limited play time. I got plenty of things in the game to be unhappy about but the event is not part of them.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I'd suggest the personal stuff should be left outside the forum, or this thread is likely to be closed.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    kvet said:

Meh, I don't care if they extend the sale or not.

Rewarding Cryptic's wanton mismanagement by paying them money, even with a sale, is simply contributing to the problem rather than being part of the solution.

If they were good stewards of the game and operated on customer-centric basis... then extending the sale for one extra day because the game was down unexpectedly would be an obvious no-brainer. They don't operate that way, so frankly dear OP, you're wasting your time arguing the matter. Don't waste your money too. If they make the game worth spending money on - pay up. Until then? Don't.

I agree with you but you saw the exchange right. A ton of zen moved in 4 days, the game is very much alive. A few people not spending money wont even register on Cryptic's radar. I would really love if me keeping my money would make a difference but it wont. Now if 50% of the paying players were to stop buying zen for a month or two. That I bet would make Cryptic think hard.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    vordayn said:

@fjdksls

If you've been paying attention to consoles, sales did go down 3 hours earlier than advertised.

A couple of reasons were put forth by the game's rep, including a 'daylight savings issue'. The sales period were actually turned on an hour earlier (without notifying us) and thus finished up an hour earlier. So no, not just on these 'outages'. But a nice way to deflect blame, eh?

I would say the situation in console was worse than that.

The sales for console was supposed to end at 10AM PST (7:30AM for PC by the way).
    They had a planned schedule system reset for consoles at 7AM PST (expected down time 2 hours).
    Yes, there are 3 hours difference if they could do that as "planned".

However, the system outage was before the planned 7AM planned reset time.
    So, the console users loss 3 hours + (may be) 2 hours.

As I mentioned in another thread, the outage might have "saved" Cryptic because that kind of hiding the "plan" mishap.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***