so no extending zen sale? its time to community rage

2»

Comments

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    emilemo said:

kvet said:

...stuff...

I agree with you but you saw the exchange right. A ton of zen moved in 4 days, the game is very much alive. A few people not spending money wont even register on Cryptic's radar. I would really love if me keeping my money would make a difference but it wont. Now if 50% of the paying players were to stop buying zen for a month or two. That I bet would make Cryptic think hard.
    Oh, I know. *sigh*
    But I'll keep saying it anyway. Maybe the idea will catch on!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,242 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    emilemo said:

kvet said:

Meh, I don't care if they extend the sale or not.

Rewarding Cryptic's wanton mismanagement by paying them money, even with a sale, is simply contributing to the problem rather than being part of the solution.

If they were good stewards of the game and operated on customer-centric basis... then extending the sale for one extra day because the game was down unexpectedly would be an obvious no-brainer. They don't operate that way, so frankly dear OP, you're wasting your time arguing the matter. Don't waste your money too. If they make the game worth spending money on - pay up. Until then? Don't.

I agree with you but you saw the exchange right. A ton of zen moved in 4 days, the game is very much alive. A few people not spending money wont even register on Cryptic's radar. I would really love if me keeping my money would make a difference but it wont. Now if 50% of the paying players were to stop buying zen for a month or two. That I bet would make Cryptic think hard.
    The exchange can be explained in 2 ways.

1. Zen move in.
    2. People gave up and cancel the transaction and withdraw their own AD to buy stuff from AD store and AH instead.

We don't know the ratio between 1 and 2.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

emilemo said:

kvet said:

Rewarding Cryptic's wanton mismanagement by paying them money, even with a sale, is simply contributing to the problem rather than being part of the solution.

If they were good stewards of the game and operated on customer-centric basis... then extending the sale for one extra day because the game was down unexpectedly would be an obvious no-brainer. They don't operate that way, so frankly dear OP, you're wasting your time arguing the matter. Don't waste your money too. If they make the game worth spending money on - pay up. Until then? Don't.

The exchange can be explained in 2 ways.

1. Zen move in.
    2. People gave up and cancel the transaction and withdraw their own AD to buy stuff from AD store and AH instead.

We don't know the ratio between 1 and 2.
    You're right. Id love to know how much of the sold Zen came from cash and how much came from previous exchanging.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    vordayn said:

From @nitocris83:

"We were able to look at the code and it seems that the sale triggered ON an hour early which means that it also triggered OFF an hour early. We believe the culprit may be daylight savings time but since we aren't positive, we don't want to turn the sale back on in case it shuts down again unexpectedly (I would rather avoid riots during my first couple weeks here!)"

Yep, it's way better to do nothing and just wait for it to blow over, just like they always do...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,242 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Back to "community rage", I personally don't have any rage because I expected this kind of things happens. After happened more than 10 times, I get used to it and am expecting it.

There are a few things I don't do for this kind of event:

1. don't do that in the very beginning unless you want to "take advantage" of a "positive" bug (that you hope it may happen). Oh! By the way, they can ban you for doing that too.
    2. don't do that in the ending hours.

Both time frame are risky.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User

I'm amazed anyone is still pumping money into this game...

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    "Raging" is immature and unproductive. As with the other thread "demand"-ing a sale/event extension. "Request", I could maybe get behind, but I want to see what course they're going with planned fixes and improvements right now.

Count me out of throwing a hissy fit.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    emilemo said:

kvet said:

But instead of taking advantage of this in keeping those players happy and invested into the game, they mess it up with the ZEN charge rewards.
    Now players, that have supported the game with their money, have to wait for their rewards... again.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Well..... keep in mind that the "free" Zen is bought and paid for by *someone* - it's not just magically there to be converted from AD. So, if people do what I and others are staying and voting against Cryptic's management practices with their wallets, one major effect will be that the ZAX market will very nearly dry up and be in permanent backlog.... it's a downside for sure.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    shadw2012 said:

... all it takes is time and time is FREE.

And working, commuting, errands, cooking, eating, sleeping, personal hygiene, cleaning your home, taking care of family and pets, and doing any other leisure activity whatsoever all take up 0 hours of every single day, so everyone should just grind Neverwinter so they can buy all the pixel candy.

Every moment of time you spend on NW is time you spent not doing something else, so... it better be worth it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    fjdksls said:

Okay. Imagine this...

You leave your house at 8pm to go to a store on Black Friday that closes at 9, hoping to get a good deal. But, at the same time, there's a 5-car pileup on the freeway, and you're no longer able to make it there before they close. Would you actually go to the store the next day and demand that they honor yesterday's prices, just because you were not able to make it there before they closed?

More and more, I'm convinced there are players in this game who either don't understand how the real world works, or just plain haven't been a part of it yet.

Not the same situation, shop has sale, expects 2000 people in for the whole duration of the sale. In fact 2000 people are in 2 and a half hours before the end, a car crash blocks the entry off the freeway and prevents any new people from getting in. Many shops would extend the sale to avoid upsetting their customers who should have been there in time. This sort of thing has been seen when people can't vote many times.

I'd done my Zen buying/selling and all I missed out on was opening the leadership boxes I'd accrued during the event (1K+), and using a load of stacks of enchants to refine at double. But for the guildie whose Zen came through from the exchange after the server no longer accepted new logins and kicked her out when she switched characters thinking she had 2 hours to buy VIP it was a much bigger issue.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

+1

------

Weekend was awesome! Did a little each day and planned to spend a few hours Sunday to finish up! Never wait till the last second! They didn't have to hold the event, and with whiny little threads like this who would blame them for not holding another... Interesting to see the overall population on the side of Cryptic for once lol
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

+1

------

Weekend was awesome! Did a little each day and planned to spend a few hours Sunday to finish up! Never wait till the last second! They didn't have to hold the event, and with whiny little threads like this who would blame them for not holding another... Interesting to see the overall population on the side of Cryptic for once lol
    they hold them because they do in fact profit from them, dont think for a instant that its one side benefit to the players.

regardless, missing a hour or two from a event, isnt the worst thing in the world a "oh well" approach would be better here.

there are many things wrong with never-winter and the designers and this company, this isnt one to get snarky about.

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    No rage here... it was a GREAT weekend... I look forward to it again
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    I have no rage, however a couple of minor rants have been posted about this event in different threads...

One more thing, more of a disappointing observation than anything else is that there was no "Cyber Monday" event this year like there was last year, I guess just extending the "Black Friday" event three more days to include cyber Monday - and drop the discount from the 50% of the previous year to 40%, is about as much effort as the game people wanted to put into anything for their customers this year.

Seems to me Neverwinter wants people to spend more and more money, while thinking up new and inventive ways to offer their cash customers less and less or negate some or all of the the benefits for previous purchases- and people are still buying!

:s
    DD~