test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outage 11/29/16

Comments

• nytestryke71nytestryke71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    seriously bent atm
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    @nitocris83 http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/11/notorious-iot-botnets-weaponize-new-flaw-found-in-millions-of-home-routers/

Surely Level 3 being Tier 1 may have been targetted. They have posted NOTHING on an outage affecting literally 100's of millions..
    - behold, halflings.
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User

I always expect something might go ugly so I never leave things to the last minute

Good for you. Unfortunately there are only so many hours in a day and with this many events it was hard to keep up with everything without pushing something to the back. Plus there was a countdown in the game so obviously people planned accordingly.

The lost rAD isn't the worst IMHo. It's the 40% sale that got cut short. It's a once maybe twice a year thing and a lot of us now sit on Zen that lost 40% of its value because of the outage.
    Yes, no matter what the reason for this server pawnage actually is....it would be very ill-advised if they let their nice super-event end on such a discordant note. Just announce a time-window where people who weren´t done with the event get a chance to catch up...easypeasy...everybody happy.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    The server issue was outside of Cryptic so we've been working with partners to get things running again. Service should start coming back up soon.

I will keep updating whenever new information is available.
  • delitusdelitus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    are you going to give us our 2hr. of 2x or are we just S.O.L.
  • luxvonshaft#4598 luxvonshaft Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2016

We are aware of the outage impacting the game and are working on resolving this as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I know this is not cryptic's fault and i don't know what time zone you posted from, but I am in the same time zone as cryptic studios (PST) and I got DC'd at 5:45 a.m. and to finally get some sort of vague non explanatory post 2 hours and 15 minutes later is absolutely deplorable and is another fine example of cryptic's lack of commitment to its gaming community. I feel once this issue with Level3 Communications, your provider, is resolved and we can all get back to the game, you guys should either extend the event 2 hours or set a bonus event in the next few days or next weekend so people can plan for it, as i did for this one. I woke up at 2 a.m. to get 5 1/2 hrs. of a new day to farm AD and finish refining before having to go to work. So myself, and a lot of people who planned and made adjustments to their schedules to participate, even if you extend the event are out of luck. And although it is not directly cryptic's fault, it is still their responsibility as they choose to do business with Level3. I am a general contractor and if I have a contract with a customer and the electrician I hire to do a job fails to get it done on time it is still me that gets penalized and has to make things right. So please....make this right and give us those precious last couple of hours a lot of us were banking on.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Cant log in, now they took our VIP daily key away.

oh wait, i see it now, they just quit and pulled the plug for good, RIP Neverwinter.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    The game is working now...
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Sucks the weekend ended on such a bad note :(

It would be great if they could extend the weekend sales for another day.
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • ravenmane#8590 ravenmane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    12:23 Mountain standard time....Still unable to connect to servers here.
  • ravenmane#8590 ravenmane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    one guy can connect?
  • crashcncrashcn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    So, it had to happen, I knew, and I had said it was going to have a problem at the last moment of event, it's Super Professional team! ^^

Like many, I have attended the last few hours to do what I had to do at the zenmarket, and unfortunately there are always a few things going on with Neverwinter.

I do not understand who can tell me jovially that "I am heavy" (it will recognize), when you pay a service in the restaurant you have your due, well for a game it is the same, and it is just inadmissible that we Put it deep in the bone while it is paying.

The problem concerned everyone, the event had a date that could not finish the terms because of a "technical problem" so everyone in the "HAMSTER" to use the postal services / market on The last hours....

Dates and schedules that are respected, and there it was not kept.

It begins to get tired of all the problems that can happen on this game has bewildered, so, I may be too much, but I remain polite and in my right, Merry Christmas lol, and good evening .. .

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    For PC, one can blame it was an unexpected event, an outside factor.

For Console, it is just a plain bad management which might be saved by the "unexpected event".

In facebook,

#NWXbox and #NWPS4 will undergo maintenance on 11/29 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours for a server reset.

In http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10280103-2x-rp,-ad,-xp,-guild-marks,-and-enchants!

2x RP, AD, XP, Guild Marks, Enchants & Runes ends: Tuesday, November 29 at 7:30AM PT for PC and 10AM for console

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10280243-black-friday-weekend-sale-40%-off-everything!

The Black Friday Sale ends Tuesday, November 29 at 7:30AM for PC and 10AM PT for console

Yes, there are 3 hours missing for consoles if this went as "planned" regardless if the "unexpected event" happened or not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sfgreenberet#0535 sfgreenberet Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Still can't connect!!! 6 hours later and still no play!!
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    I'm not mad the only thing i lost was just a 10 or 20 greater marks i needed so just 100k ad or so, but hey, there are people on my guild saying they bought zen before the event and didn't get the charge bonus you dont do that to people it's bad enough that the sale is gone and those people didn't get the zen in time, if you say you dont have time for another even, i find that suspicious, ok, but at least you should reward the people that bought zen before the crash and got it after the crash (and you know you can do that and very well!!) with aditional 40% temporary zen non afected by discounts.

• andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    just finished playing,had over 2 hrs.I got bored tbh of the grind so Quit lol.UK here
  • nytestryke71nytestryke71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    null
    OK, so cuz y'all had problems with your zen delivery, system crashes (<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens) we are just trying supposed to "suck it up"? Your inability to provide zen that has already been paid for is" shucks, that is too bad". Now, you cope out with this QA issue would take to much effort. Kiss me before you f me please
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    For anyone who purchased zen but it was not delivered prior to the outage, you will need to contact CS. They will handle account specific circumstances.

@treesclimber @nytestryke71
  • rickywade123rickywade123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    still not up been down all day its 6:00 Pm central time
  • kanwulf#8762 kanwulf Member Posts: 20 Arc User

still not up been down all day its 6:00 Pm central time

It's not just you, still down several hours after they said it was fixed...
  • carlavalentinecarlavalentine Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    7:15pm Eastern US here and it's working fine. Has been since before 2:00.
  • lashonhara#6820 lashonhara Member Posts: 2 New User
    Also central time, still not working... sad panda.
  • grimalken#9807 grimalken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    same here, been down all day and still down, it may be resolved for some but definitely not resolved for all
  • crymsonkyng#1923 crymsonkyng Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    What really sucks....is the fact that after things got back up and running, then sale in the Store got cut short. Event timer had showed over an hour left, yet the stores prices were back to normal. After holding out, waiting for a couple things to(hopefully) sell, I bought Zen at a spiked conversion, only to find the sale was over due to a glitch. Ad market dropped 50 points soon after. PS4

What really sucks....is the fact that after things got back up and running, then sale in the Store got cut short. Event timer had showed over an hour left, yet the stores prices were back to normal. After holding out, waiting for a couple things to(hopefully) sell, I bought Zen at a spiked conversion, only to find the sale was over due to a glitch. Ad market dropped 50 points soon after. PS4

does that suck more than not being able to get in the game at all?
    just saying
  • lashonhara#6820 lashonhara Member Posts: 2 New User
    Has there been any word for those of us still down? I haven't seen anything since that tweet this morning.
  • atlantia#4597 atlantia Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    It is 5:24 pm Mountain Time....Still unable to connect to server, launcher still timing out...Still unhappy.

"Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your
    Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact
    Technical Support."

Tech Support will be happy to tell me the problem is fixed and I really am playing, Spending Zen, and getting today's VIP bonuses.

IS ANYONE actually in game?
    Can it only be me?
    How can I be bitching in an online forum without an Internet connection?
    Why does everyone keep saying Hamster?
    What the Hamster is up with that?
    And what about Naomi?

Join us tomorrow for another episode of As the Chair Turns.
    In Mountain time zone here as well and haven't been able to get in at all today, what 8 hours past when they said it was all fixed now?
    I sent a ticket because live chat/support seems to be MIA as well today but we all know maybe a week or 2 down the road someone may read that ticket.
  • atlantia#4597 atlantia Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I think I'm going to quit buying Zen and save up my money and buy a life. Maybe then I would not get so upset about a virtual loss.
This discussion has been closed.