test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Friday this year? Better not!

Comments

• xaluhnxxaluhnx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I have never personally bought zen on NW because I always find myself low on cash, But if there is a 50% off Sale I will be Purchasing Zen, I think the 50% off Sale will be great they will pull in plenty of Revenue from those of us that do not regularly buy Zen, I know over 50 people in my Guild that have never bought Zen, But they are this Thursday and all of them have stated they will spend no less than $20 each.

Mysterious-GF, Guild Leader of ~Immortality~ PM Me @xaluhnx Today to Join! immortality.ga
    Part of the -Fabled- Alliance http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1225931/fabled-alliance

• yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    xaluhnx said:

I have never personally bought zen on NW because I always find myself low on cash, But if there is a 50% off Sale I will be Purchasing Zen, I think the 50% off Sale will be great they will pull in plenty of Revenue from those of us that do not regularly buy Zen, I know over 50 people in my Guild that have never bought Zen, But they are this Thursday and all of them have stated they will spend no less than $20 each.

allow me to doubt that. all 50+ of them will buy and all of them for that amount? can you be 100% certain of it?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    mrskitty1 said:

Oh for crying out loud. Will there be 50% off on Black Friday or not?

They generally do not announce it in advance, so if there is one, you will not find out until Friday.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

mrskitty1 said:

They generally do not announce it in advance, so if there is one, you will not find out until Friday.
    It can't be a surprise sale if they tell you about it in advance.* All I can say to anyone with Zen burning a hole in their pocket is it's not going to kill you to wait a couple more days to find out.

(*You know, unless someone goofs and accidentally puts it on the calendar.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'm waiting to see if there is a sale and if so I'm going to buy some ZEN to renew my VIP for another 6-12 months. I can't justify the spend at full price.

but I don't think there will be one this year, the other two were "leaked" beforehand and there appears to be a 2x everything event starting this Friday.

Hope I'm wrong tho.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,134 Arc User

Wait a couple days and you may know... unless it's a Cyber Monday sale instead this year! ;)

They did both last year.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Wait a couple days and you may know... unless it's a Cyber Monday sale instead this year! ;)

They did both last year.
    Was it 50% off both days? What about Christmas sales?

My partner and I only started playing this summer, in time for the Jubilee sales, which is when we got our first 6-months of VIP, looking to re-up this Black Friday, Cyber Monday... or Christmas if they have one then.

I have enough Zen to buy the VIP, but hopefully if they have a Cyber Monday, or better yet a Christmas sale, it may give the Zax orders I have placed more time to fill... I really, really, need more bank slots! ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Wile I would end up at the short end of the stick, too, it would be interesting to watch the Zen market, if this event does not happen.

With a back log of 10kk Zen it takes ca. 2 weeks until you get your Zen. This goes on for more then 2 month. While some of the Zen was spent, much will be hoarded for the sell, ca. 40-50kk Zen imo.

This is a Zen overflow of 40kk. If ppl try to drop their Zen at max value we could see funny things.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    No sale, no purchases and since I bought a year's VIP this time last year, probably no game. I only buy what I consider to be value for money, and the prices they charge I don't consider to be value for money. Half those prices just about are for some things. If all the prices had been half what they actually are permanently and there were minor sales occasionally, I'd have bought way more than twice as much.

Like a previous poster, I'm fed up spending money on stuff that is rapidly made worthless by the nerfbat, and I'm just not prepared to buy anything without a 50% sale.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    too bad for sales, not home for weekend, no money from me, they must fix game first and unnerf.
  • torben66torben66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    In recent years, "Black Friday" has always NV in the Christmas season.
    There is no reason to panic-It was never announced in advance.(I am sorry for my bad English).
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    15% wonderous bazaar is our black Friday sale. Yay, all of those marks will still cost you your kidneys.
  • xaluhnxxaluhnx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    yokki1 said:

xaluhnx said:

allow me to doubt that. all 50+ of them will buy and all of them for that amount? can you be 100% certain of it?
    Well For Starters my Guild was founded in 2014, and the Guild just got started again so all the members are New to the Game with less than a month play time.. and have all been waiting to see if NW would have a Black Friday Sale before purchasing... Not everyone is whales.

Mysterious-GF, Guild Leader of ~Immortality~ PM Me @xaluhnx Today to Join! immortality.ga
    Part of the -Fabled- Alliance http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1225931/fabled-alliance

• sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    *Sits patiently in hope* We should hear somthing in like another 6 hours at the latest if they plan on doing anything more for today. At least going by usual update timeframes and previous years announcements.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Only 40% this year...lame
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    mrskitty1 said:

Short answer is apparently "No", just 40%... which is better than noting.

But what I don't get is PWE says they are only going to 40% because they are having the sale over 4 days instead of only one day so they're hoping more people will be buying stuff. However since it's just a 40% this year instead of 50% like it was previously, I would think those more people will be actually spending less because it isn't as good a deal as it used to be.

This seems to be a one step forward and two steps back scenario to me, I do hope it works for them though because if the sales turn out to be mostly lackluster trying to get more people to spend money by extending the sale to 4 days instead of just one, they might just decide to do away with it altogether because of "lack of interest".

It just seems odd to me.

Why not keep the 50% for the additional 3 days, then IMO everyone would be happier and have nothing to complain about?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    As someone mentioned in another thread about the sale, they might just be testing the water here, to see how far they can reduce the sales discount and still get away with it.
    If enough players say, i'm spending my money somewhere else, we might see the next sale back at 50% again... but if enough players go with the flow, so to speak, we might see the next sale around 30% or even less.

And there would also have been the option to say 40% discount on new items in the ZEN shop, and offer a 60% discount on any older items too.
    Take a little, give a little...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I can't understand why someone should either break with the game and stop spending a penny or take part in the sale for 4days due to 10%.
    It's more a general decision yes or no.
    10% is not the argument in my case to get a nervous breakdown or quitt.
    Even having a 50% sale I would ask myself if it's worth going on.
    Getting more time to decide to buy or not , or rage about 40%, is a good decision, since lot's oft player missed those sales last year, esp. more casual player
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    chidion said:

This seems to be a one step forward and two steps back scenario to me, I do hope it works for them though because if the sales turn out to be mostly lackluster trying to get more people to spend money by extending the sale to 4 days instead of just one, they might just decide to do away with it altogether because of "lack of interest".

Given the amount of constant lockbox award spam I don't believe there is a "lack of interest" going on.

I bought 6 more months of VIP and some shared bank space, not as many spaces as I wanted due to the sale being 40% instead of 50%, but still, pretty nice sale even if it is 10% more than expected.
    @samaka#2511
    I bought another 6 months of VIP and around 6 stacks of Pres Wards, and a gilded spider - I'm happy enough :)
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    12 months vip, shared bank space x3 and dragonborn race. Maybe too much since my gameplay is -> collect daily key -> logout.
    If you spent real money on Neverwinter, even at 40% off, you got ripped off IMO. Neverwinter is a good game to play for free, but Cryptic has long removed anything worth paying real money for. I'd love if they turned it around - but I'm not holding my breath. The real question is when will they make the game not worth playing even for free?
  • vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User

12 months vip, shared bank space x3 and dragonborn race. Maybe too much since my gameplay is -> collect daily key -> logout.

Why would you even bother then? You know, there are a bunch of people are trying to make a stand against gaming companies by not spending money on HAMSTER, and that in turn forces them to step up the quality of their product. The only thing that these people understand is the sound of a cash register and you are basically rewarding the dog for crapping on the floor. I don't care if people spend money on something they enjoy, but you clearly stated that all you do is open a lockbox and logout. What the hell man? If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

edited November 2016
    ^ agreed.

On a side note: it's dumb I can't both Like and Agree with a post.
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I'm stupid, but not that stupid that i would put any real money to this game. I used to like this game a lot, and i really hope they make this game as addictive as it used to be.
    There is a chance i will start playing this game again so VIP benefits are quite nice... And if i won't play this game, i won't lose any real money anyway. Just some virtual currency that would be useless anyway.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited November 2016

chidion said:

Given the amount of constant lockbox award spam I don't believe there is a "lack of interest" going on.

I bought 6 more months of VIP and some shared bank space, not as many spaces as I wanted due to the sale being 40% instead of 50%, but still, pretty nice sale even if it is 10% more than expected.
    Seems to me the sale of keys will continue to do well unless people keep opening lockboxes as long at there are new players with money and/or those that purchase keys actually find something in those lock boxes they want, but that's probably a discussion for a different thread.

I've been playing for years and even though I've spent several hundred dollars over the years, I haven't bought a single key, but I was planning on buying keys this year, but that's when I thought the discount would be 50% off like it was in previous years.

Since it's only 40% off now and occasionally there is an invocation coupon for 40% off lockbox keys, I just don't see the incentive to buy now instead of waiting till there is a sale on Zen like there is for xbox (23000 zen, that's more than a 10% bonus of zen, with a 25% discount in cost... $149.99 instead of $200).

It just makes sense to me to buy the Zen when there is a discount so I get more for my money, then just keep invoking until one of those 40% discount coupons drop from the invocation blessing instead of impulse buying since there is a "sale".

Now I've also considered purchasing VIP since I've never done that either, but I was hoping for the 50% discount as in previous years instead of 40% but I'm still considering it - chances are I won't be renewing without the 40%+ discount though and even then my renewing when there is another discount, is entirely dependent on what actual benefit I think I received for my purchase.

When and if I make my purchase I will do so on a single day so the additional 3 days for the sale actually means nothing to me - except for it being an excuse for Neverwinter to do away with the previous 50% discount on purchased items to 40%. I guess they figure more people will be spending money so they aren't concerned with people spending more money... I hope that works out for them.
    DD~
    dionchi said:

chidion said:

Seems to me the sale of keys will continue to do well unless people keep opening lockboxes as long at there are new players with money and/or those that purchase keys actually find something in those lock boxes they want, but that's probably a discussion for a different thread.

I've been playing for years and even though I've spent several hundred dollars over the years, I haven't bought a single key, but I was planning on buying keys this year, but that's when I thought the discount would be 50% off like it was in previous years.

Since it's only 40% off now and occasionally there is an invocation coupon for 40% off lockbox keys, I just don't see the incentive to buy now instead of waiting till there is a sale on Zen like there is for xbox (23000 zen, that's more than a 10% bonus of zen, with a 25% discount in cost... $149.99 instead of $200).

It just makes sense to me to buy the Zen when there is a discount so I get more for my money, then just keep invoking until one of those 40% discount coupons drop from the invocation blessing instead of impulse buying since there is a "sale".

Now I've also considered purchasing VIP since I've never done that either, but I was hoping for the 50% discount as in previous years instead of 40% but I'm still considering it - chances are I won't be renewing without the 40%+ discount though and even then my renewing when there is another discount, is entirely dependent on what actual benefit I think I received for my purchase.

When and if I make my purchase I will do so on a single day so the additional 3 days for the sale actually means nothing to me - except for it being an excuse for Neverwinter to do away with the previous 50% discount on purchased items to 40%. I guess they figure more people will be spending money so they aren't concerned with people spending more money... I hope that works out for them.
    VIP is worth it, even at 40% off. imo
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    dionchi said:

Well, this lockbox award spam might also come from players, that have horded those daily ViP lockbox keys, and are now opening lockboxes in a row with them.
    I collect my daily lockbox keys through the month too, and use them all when i have at least 20+ stacked.

About that 40% discount coupon from invoking bags on a single lockbox key, that was a good deal, when there was no ViP around, but now... ViP is way better.
    A key is 75 ZEN at a 40% discount, 30x75=2250, which equals 3 months ViP with 90 daily keys and the ViP benefits, plus something extra on top, within the current 40% on everything sale going on.

Anyway, i bought a few items (Hero of the North, shared bank slots, Cleric DLC pack) with the ZEN i got through the ZAX in time, but i also bought a few DLCs in other games, since they were offering a "full" 50% discount.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, this lockbox award spam might also come from players, that have horded those daily ViP lockbox keys, and are now opening lockboxes in a row with them.
    I collect my daily lockbox keys through the month too, and use them all when i have at least 20+ stacked.

About that 40% discount coupon from invoking bags on a single lockbox key, that was a good deal, when there was no ViP around, but now... ViP is way better.
    A key is 75 ZEN at a 40% discount, 30x75=2250, which equals 3 months ViP with 90 daily keys and the ViP benefits, plus something extra on top, within the current 40% on everything sale going on.

Anyway, i bought a few items (Hero of the North, shared bank slots, Cleric DLC pack) with the ZEN i got through the ZAX in time, but i also bought a few DLCs in other games, since they were offering a "full" 50% discount.

Thanks for sharing the breakdown on the cost of keys VIP -vs- that 40% coupon that helps me better justify my purchase this year during the Black Friday event and the suggestion to open multiple lockboxes instead of just one at a time.
    DD~