Comments

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    -*-
  • helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    More feedback from ptr about BO ?
    DP still good ?
    I playing Permabubulladin and i'm worried about this 2 changements.
    Post edited by helric9 on
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Not one word from them..... typical
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    by the looks of this ill be changing auras and rings on my op, thinking of +4rising defense +4sudden defense(with at least one offence slot for my cruel enchantments, aura of courage and aura of truth, otherwise another toon to stop playing
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    Considering that the "fix" on the "bug" with the keys is the most creative way the devs found to remove the dungeons again from the game, what is the point on changing the Palladin that is a support class? Its kinda pointless doing a balance on a class and at same time removing the content where he can be usefull.
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Any update on the 50+ pages of feedback we've provided? Hello!!!! Anyone listening, any devs there to answer some questions?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    They already answered us in regards to keys... they said they are going coward with the change but we have been heard.

Keep in mind that they have deadlines to push content out. Perhaps on the next mod the key changes will revert back to the way they were before November 8th.

I'm level 28 on pokemon go now :smiley:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I don't run group content much at all in this game atm, and even I feel bad about the 'fix' to dungeon keys.

Some feedback on some Pally stuff, since we have a limited window to test here..
    terramak said:

Circle of Power
    • The effect of circle of power now lasts 10 seconds, down from 20. The cooldown of circle of power has been reduced to 28 seconds, down from 60. In accordance with this adjustment, additional ranks of this power now grant 2 additional seconds to the effect per rank, down from 4. The additional effects gained by Circle of Power when the Paladin has Oath of Devotion or Oath of Protection (30% more outgoing healing and 25% damage resistance, respectively) are now also granted to allies standing within the Circle of Power. This effect does not stack with multiple Circles of Power.
    Hey guys, if ur gonna make us cast CoP more frequently when slotting it, then I think its casting animation should be sped up a bit. Atm that aspect is shared w/ DC's DG, but w the new update I don't think its wind-up time should be as high as it does leave the OP open more frequently.

Vow is also pretty wonky right now.

BUG: Vow of Enmity forces your character to face the target when toggled on. (which is quite bad when ur trying to run around)

Feedback: Vow of Enmity's new toggle mechanics allow its debuff to be accidentally cancelled rather easily (and put on cd) if the player double-taps its keybind. Given that the debuff and its visuals seem a bit more laggy or delayed now, you should prob put in a grace window on its input to account for button mashing or double-tapping.

I can't say I like the revamped Vow's mechanics, despite its debuff offering more dps. Now it can't be rapidly applied when stuff is dying quickly, it doesn't have upfront dmg and thus less visual feedback, and it also seems less responsive.

Feedback: Divine Touch's damage still seems under-tuned for what it does. It can be a good heal for Devo OPs (if not overkill), but esp for Prot the power is not really that compelling atm- given its low dmg, smaller radius than Radiant Strike and TW, and that its competing for one of 3 encounter slots w/ strong alternatives.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I like how you're trying to give them meaningful feedback @flowcyto. As if everything is fine. But what the heck are you talking about? Divine Touch? Its useless and nobody uses it. Circle Of Power? Only good for some easy instances where I help my ego by doing some more dps to the boss and thats it. They are making some improvements to the most useless Paladin abilities while nerfing the most useful ones.

Thats the bottom line here and it will take the class to the bottom.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    People have already left ample feedback here regarding things like BO, Sanctuary, and DP. And no, I don't think everything is 'fine' either.
  • swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    When will we see further information on loot table drops following your deception on the dungeon key preview all these years?

Im starting to suspect the devs view the rewarding experience as allowing us to spend real money on the game. Much like the developers of a slot machine or other gambling apparatus.
    edited October 2016
    Bottom line: all of you guys who like and play Neverwinter need to ask yourselves how much excrement can you eat before it starts coming out of your ears. I already did and decided enough is enough.
  • tankmaister#5354 tankmaister Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    @panderus
    @asterdahl
    @mimicking#6533

Your community has been on edge for few days now. We keep screaming your help but all we get is some whispers "I see you". Yet there is rope next to your feets and you take no action to throw it to us. Every passing day more and more of us will loose the hope ever getting that rope and will just jump off. You see, there are plenty of OTHER games, actually GOOD games out there.

Just incase you don't know what I'm talking about:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1223956/dungeon-key-changes/p1
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/584ghp/dungeon_chest_key_changes/

This is your community speaking and you barely reply as "I hear ya."
    Is it our voice you are listening our the sweet sound of our cash? Because they are both about to be really silent soon.

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

You Devs must really hate the paladin class, mimic king did say his class was GF so more paladin nerfs are a comin, meanwhile a DC can buff power to over 3 mil with aa bob loop with multiple DC and this hasn't even been addressed but they have more than enough time to continually nerf the paladin class, I'm just sick of being nerfed every other mod. Oh and definitely not one more dime. Not for this game.

DC power increase was patched, the max you'll see now is 150k, not much more.

• hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    So if you have left @emilemo then why are you still trolling the forums, being combative with other players still playing the game. Follow your own advice and disappear. I won't miss your my IL is bigger than yours bravado.
  • brb963brb963 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2016
    I post this here too because I don't know if devs and mods are reading the other thread anymore.

I think, as co-leader of a small guild without alliance and all players are friends in RL, this dungeon Keys thing, bug or feat or whatever is, will create to us a big problem: we won't survive.
    We run dungeons and skirmishes and trials, and atm we are forced to decline some contents of the chest because of their value . The rewards in VT or MC or ELOL are always less then 5000 AD/3500 with VIP, the price of an epic key, the rewards in the second chest are not worth at all the 20 hours to craft the key, and sure never the price of a leggendary key at 25000 AD. This is just crazy.
    In ECC, EGWD, and ETOS we usualliy decline belts and rings, if not with the free daily key, but 70% of the times we find those.
    The mid bosses in dungeons are not dropping savageable anymore, just insignas or peridots if we are lucky, and the last bosses peridots or aquas (only some T1).
    Even in CN we feel lucky when we find a R6 or R7 dropped by Orcus, because the first boss in CN drops very rarely and the second one never lately, we think is bugged or somthing like that. Here too the second chest is declined 90% of the times because of some +1 or +2 rings and a shard of Shadowclad, and the price of a legendary key is not justified at all.
    We don't run FBI for 2 reasons: 1) because some guildmates cannot enter, and we run contents only as guild, 2) because we are not having fun at all been forced to do HEs for hours for voins and praying to find boots, here too always R5 from end game maps HEs.

here's the thing, I would like to ask @mimicking#6533 or @terramak or any other dev, what a small guild have to do to survive and to feed our SH mimic without a such big loss (50ZEN/25K AD key vs average <5k AD rewards)? As devs did you thought about the impact this change will have on small guilds?
    I would like some mods like @ironzerg79 or @tripsofthrymr or @kreatyve answer the same question, how can a small guild will survive after this change with the SH mimic to feed?

Thank you for the reply, if you will reply at this, and sorry if I'm just wasting your time.

Regards

Miki
    hastur905 said:

So if you have left @emilemo then why are you still trolling the forums, being combative with other players still playing the game. Follow your own advice and disappear. I won't miss your my IL is bigger than yours bravado.

Baiting people by asking them why haven't they left yet if they are so dissatisfied with the game is the actual trolling. I still have value invested in the game so I'll hang around for a bit. Also I plan to voice my opinion regardless of its reception.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    emilemo said:

hastur905 said:

Baiting people by asking them why haven't they left yet if they are so dissatisfied with the game is the actual trolling. I still have value invested in the game so I'll hang around for a bit. Also I plan to voice my opinion regardless of its reception.
    I don't think I'll ever come back to this game. At the end of the day this game is purely a scratch ticket scam. Its tons of recycled content and unregulated gambling. For all we know the rares don't even have a chance of dropping out of chests and lockboxes 99% of the time. Theres just no transparency whatsoever.
    "scratch ticket scam" :D well said @kitkathd
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    More feedback (if you still want players to play the content and dont be frustrated):

Lanolin should drop 100% from normal chest in FBI.

Using legendary keys on a chest should give 1/10 accumulative to get a "legendary drop" call it ring, call it legendary refinement, what you want.

And legendary keys should be available in tarmalune trade bar. So VIP makes sense again.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    Even with 100% of total HP as shield BO is worthless in my opinion because it will not hold where it matters the most. For example: twin scorpions, Orcus, FBI etc. Anybody is welcomed to prove me wrong. I'll be happy if Im wrong.

And before some 4k Paladin jumps in and tells me he can tank the scorpions without temp hp do keep in mind this game is populated mostly by undergeared players. They have to be able to tank too.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    emilemo said:

"scratch ticket scam" :D well said @kitkathd

It totally is, and this dungeon key nerf is going to totally kill this game cause it directly effects the remaining player base which is mostly all gambling junkies who love to pop those chests and lockboxes. if you are going to have a randomized loot reward system that relies on us spending money, we should get to know the exact reward chances JUST LIKE GAMBLING. The very fact that this company purposely hides every single randomized chance behind vague descriptions just screams scam artists. They really should be required to list the odds. In the states, specifically the state they are based out of, lottery is required to list the odds on every scratch ticket.
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    They will not reply to any feedback about their bug lie. Don't give up though. Keep putting the fire to them!
  • mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    I think the Paladin is now a full fledged junk El Camino, looks cool but we dont know what the hell it is for. Either give them dps, better buffer or make them better aggro tanks. A hybrid will never be wanted on a team if it cant protect the party or add to the dps. As it is now.....NOBODY requests pallys for PUGs. Want me to post 5 days of zone and LFG chat to prove my point? Dont tell me to team with my guild. They only bring us to be nice, not because we are needed in any way. This is coming from a 4.1k tricked out Pally. Get rid of us or give us a role. Oh wait....my role is solo....forgot.
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    +1 but unfortunately they don't care..... They have done absolutely nothing to make the paladin class better, all they have done to us since they released the class is continually nerf it and now it's seems with these new changes this might be what it takes to officially kill our ability to tank, it seems they want all paladins to be healers that are not needed by any end game group, they should rename our class solodin.
  • mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Lol!!!! THE SOLODIN......you heard it above first!! Nice one :D
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

so CS adds another 40% damage on top of whatever i already dealt to the enemy? You sure you got it right this time? Because on live server the GF dealt way more dmg ( up to 70 mill based on party member initial 14 million hit).

The issue was that damage enhancing powers on the players affected by the commander's strike buff were actually enhancing the buff. This is now resolved, so you won't see commander's strike creating multi million damage hits out of hits that should have only been in the tens of thousands now.

""Circle of Power
    The effect of circle of power now lasts 10 seconds, down from 20. The cooldown of circle of power has been reduced to 28 seconds, down from 60. In accordance with this adjustment, additional ranks of this power now grant 2 additional seconds to the effect per rank, down from 4. The additional effects gained by Circle of Power when the Paladin has Oath of Devotion or Oath of Protection (30% more outgoing healing and 25% damage resistance, respectively) are now also granted to allies standing within the Circle of Power. This effect does not stack with multiple Circles of Power.""

Does the dmg bonus also apply to allies ? Or is it the choosen oath bonus only?

As indicated in the tooltip the additional effects are now also granted to allies.

Please consider a DRUFI Fix that when she casts her second "ultimate" which requires you to stand behind an ice block, you can sometimes ( more often than you like it) deal more dmg to her so that she skips her ice casting ability leaving you with only 1 casted ice block for 2 ultimates to survive. If i am doing math correct i dont see how a party that is doing decent damage can surive 7 million dmg without the divinie protector as of right now.
    Are we supposed to deal less dmg and wait for her to cast all of her abilities just because we are too good ? I dont think so.

You are not supposed to survive Call of Winter without permafrost to hide behind. Powers like Divine Protector were completely over the top and allowed an entire party to completely ignore mechanics and just let the Paladin eat a soulforged.

The experience you are describing only happens the first time Drufi casts Call of Winter upon reaching 60% health. Subsequent uses of Call of Winter are timed as part of the rotation she uses when both her runes are active. Permafrost only disappears when it is recast, your party has destroyed it, or you have tanked Drufi near it and she has destroyed it. If she has cast permafrost one time before Call of Winter, you should conceivably have shards to hide behind.

If you are burning Drufi down fast enough that she has not cast permafrost a single time during either ice phase before she hits 60%, you have chosen to deal with Call of Winter with no defense. You can easily slow down for a few seconds during her second ice phase before pushing her if you'd rather avoid the damage.

So basically you have killed OPs tank for good now? The only i repeat The only reason ppl wanted a pally was its capability to soak thos bazillions of dmgs during giants phase..now its NOT more possible so what shall we do??

Is this the new craptic play style? No more tanks, just uber dps guys and hope for the best?

A vast majority of the changes to Paladin's powers are actually buffs. We've made a number of abilities more usable. We'd like players to really give Absolution a try if they're just looking for more survivability. For those having trouble casting it on themselves when with party members, please keep in mind if you are targeting an enemy in front of you, you'll cast it on yourself. So give that a try and please continue to send your feedback.

I'll make a preview forum thread today to discuss the changes and talk about why we made them, but essentially, we'd like to remove the concept of invulnerability and completely ignoring mechanics as a result. But we'd like Paladin to continue to be a strong option for tanking.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

so CS adds another 40% damage on top of whatever i already dealt to the enemy? You sure you got it right this time? Because on live server the GF dealt way more dmg ( up to 70 mill based on party member initial 14 million hit).

The issue was that damage enhancing powers on the players affected by the commander's strike buff were actually enhancing the buff. This is now resolved, so you won't see commander's strike creating multi million damage hits out of hits that should have only been in the tens of thousands now.

The Tyrannical Curse debuff has only been working like that buff since what...Mod 4 @asterdahl, I think it is time it was fixed.
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    The dmg bonus from Circle of Power granted via the oath of protection does not apply to allies in the same party. Can you take a look into this. However the DR buff is granted.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

asterdahl said:

The Tyrannical Curse debuff has only been working like that buff since what...Mod 4 @asterdahl, I think it is time it was fixed.
    More patch note previews for you:
    Asterdahl said:

Resolved an issue wherein the damage increasing effect of Tyrannical Curse would scale with the player's power. The effect now increases the damage affected enemies take by 20% consistently as indicated in the daily power.

This discussion has been closed.