Install Arc
Options

Sea of Moving Ice Preview Patch Notes: NW.70.20161017a.1

123457»

Comments

• Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2016

In mod 10 I still see 'looking for GF' in ally chat. Not ' looking for tank'. Granted, groups being made is at an all time low due to the key debacle, and our alliance - along with MOST alliances -dieing, but still...

I main a GF, and I hate what's happened to OPs! Any group being formed should want a tank, not one specific class over another one. These changes just sound like they'll further enforce that mentality.

Make OP tanks viable!

And make some add heavy fights, so controllers like @thefabricant have more uses. Not that it'll matter soon...

I've seen MUCH more interest in FBI and can find groups fairly easy for it now. It used to take longer to form the group than to run the content :D....

One of the main reasons I've seen for people saying "the game is dead" or "no groups are being formed" is because those people or guilds don't really tend to grow or expand their social circles. Their fatalistic viewpoint comes from their Friends list or guild or w/e drying up (which is common in any MMO if you stick with the "Us four and no more" attitude to playing the game).

Also, I've confronted people in our alliance chat about LF GF and LF DC statements.... it stems from laziness.. and ignorance, lol. "DC" and "GF" are shorter to type than Tank or Heals. That combined with people knowing more about the benefits of GF and DC then OP heals or Tank is a factor. And in actuality... I see more requests from lower end teams for OP than GF... and for FBI i see more request for OP than GF. Ofc, this will be a bit different once OP can't cheat Drufi anymore. :D.

P.S. I'm not trying bashing you.. or belittling you... there's a solution to the problem in my statement.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    200k base HP on an OP? Maybe with rank 12 Radiant in DEF slots and with SH boon for HP. If you are trying to state how ridiculous the BO temp HP are even with 200k HP then you have made your point. Which is why I suggested that is should be 300% of HP like Wrath. Let's assume the average OP has 150k HP, BO would then give 450k HP temp. Also the damage output should be 100% of damage taken in 30ft radius with damage taken being 50% after mitigation. Meaning a hit of 1 million from Orcus would be 300k at 70% DR. So the question remains does that mean damage output would be 300k? With 150k being actual damage taken? With 450k temp this would mean that an OP would be able to survive the 3 hits of Orcus. The way it currently works means you might survive one hit of the 3 he hits.
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @hastur905 yes, 200k base HP on "endgame" OP. I have seen over 200k, so its definitely possible.

Also, yes, 200k base HP to prove the point that even 100% HP shield @ 80% DR shield layer is not enough. :(

MAYBE if Sanctuary acted as a separate DR layer (say 40%) from both base damage resistance and binding oath shield, the Binding Oath figures would be reasonable.
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    BTW, even IF (IF!) the Binding Oath benefit were 500% HP shield (assuming 80% shield DR) with a whopping 200k base HP, the shield would pop after a 1 million hit. Furthermore, if you assume this same Paladin has maxed 80% DR, a 2 million single hit would kill it through Binding Oath. Not. Good.

To compare, if a Guardian Fighter with maxed 80% DR took a 2 million hit through shield, the attack would only deal 80k damage (assuming no deflect or other factors are involved).
This discussion has been closed.