HighlightsCamera Distance options no longer available on Preview
The current experiment with allowing the camera to zoom in and out has come to an end. While we like the feature, there's still more testing and tweaking that needs to happen before we can consider shipping this feature to a live shard.
It may come back in future Preview builds, but as always, feature plans are subject to change based on information we find in test.
Screenshot mode ("B" key by default) will remain as it is on the live shard.Dungeon Key Chest Changes
The changes announced in the Dungeon Key Changes
thread are now on the Preview shard. Instead of being able to preview the rewards without spending a key, the player will now receive the rewards immediately upon opening the chest, consuming the key in the process.
While the change has succeeded in initial testing, it'd be appreciated for players on Preview who use this system to keep an eye out and give feedback on the experience - for instance, whether opening it while the inventory is full works as one would expect, whether there are rare cases where the player doesn't receive the items shown in the chest reward UI, or if the rewards from certain locations have unexpectedly changed.Release NotesContent and Environment
Boat Travel and Fishing
- A channeling bar no longer appears while reeling in fish.
- Action Points now display an updated tooltip during sea travel.
- Animations have been added for when fish escape.
- Certain treasure chests have been adjusted to more accessible (or at least less inaccessible) locations.
- Khyek despawning effects no longer play when respawning or teleporting onto land.
- Returning to land no longer empties the player character's Stamina and Stealth.
- Player characters now properly retain their attributes while in a khyek.
- Players can now properly queue while in a khyek.
- Known issue: The party still incorrectly breaks up when a player is on a khyek. Don't worry Jorma, you'll sail the seas soon enough.
- Portobello's Wand of Sight no longer has odd interactions with khyeks.
- The Action Point meter now properly fills while attempting to catch fish of challenge level 5.
- The music change when transitioning from land to sea (and vice-versa) has been smoothed out.
- This music no longer starts playing while the player is drowning.
- Various audio improvements have been made to sea travel and fishing.
- Various text improvements and fixes have been made to fish names, maps, and more.
Sea of Moving Ice
- Dragon Bone Island is now named Icecrag Island.
- Fog at high elevations no longer becomes nearly opaque at low graphics settings.
- More voice-over audio has been added to various contacts and quest.
- Various text has been updated to address typos and significant VO inconsistencies.
- Certain enemies no longer sometimes spawn inside collision.
- If a companion is currently tanking Storvald, he will cast Duumvirate on the nearest player, rather than getting stuck.
- If the Svardborg encounter ends in defeat for the players, the instance now properly lets the players out of the queue.
- Known issue: Svardborg (Master) still remains open, and still considers players queued, until all players have been outside the map for approximately 5 minutes.
- Ground-targeted visual effects no longer climb up the back pillars in Svardborg.
- Rewards no longer incorrectly appear doubled when completing the Svardborg trial.
- Several buff and debuff icons, originally active for testing purposes, have been cleaned up.
- Storvald now properly has the visual effects for Icy Veins during the final phase.
- The Svardborg trial has seen more balance changes in both Normal and Master difficulties.
- While the manticores are out, Storvald's health bar no longer has thematic embellishment.
Classes and Balance
- The final task of the Elemental Evil campaign now properly requires all four tracks to be completed before it can be started.
- Commander's Strike no longer incorrectly causes affected teammates to deal far more bonus damage from encounter powers than intended.
- This power now correctly adds +10% bonus damage, and adds an additional +10% bonus damage per rank (for a maximum of +40%).
- The fourth rank of Knight's Valor now properly receives its indicated bonus.
Items and Economy
- Binding Oath
- Binding Oath now has the following effect: For 5 seconds, nearby enemies are forced to attack you and you gain 100% of your Maximum Hit Points as a Shield. When this effect expires or the shield is depleted foes in a 30' area take 100% of the damage that was taken by the shield and you take 50% of that damage. Additional ranks increase the duration of the shield by 1 second.
- Binding Oath previously had the following effect: Nearby targets are forced to attack you for 2 seconds. During this time you absorb all damage dealt to you. When this effect expires you takes 50% of that damage and deal 20% of it to all foes in a 30' area. (The damage dealt to each target cannot exceed your Maximum Hit Points. Players affected by this power deal 75% less damage to all targets except for you. Additional ranks increased the duration of the effect by 2 seconds.
- Binding Oath did now properly taunts, as indicated.
- The effect of decreasing damage dealt against the Paladin who uses Binding Oath in PvP did not work as indicated. This effect was removed.
- Absolution now grants the target 20% of their maximum hit points as a shield, up from a smaller value based on the Paladin's wepaon damage. Additional ranks now grant 10% more of the target's maximum hit points as a shield, up to a maximum of a 50% shield. The Oath of Protection bonus for this power has been adjusted to provide a 50% increase to damage resistance for the duration of the shield. Previously the bonus increased the size of the shield by a small amount.
- Vow of Enmity
- Vow of Enmity is now a toggle power with a 10 second cooldown. Pressing Vow of Enmity after a vow has been chosen will remove the vow and trigger the cooldown. Only one target may be affected by your Vow of Enmity at a time. Previously Vow of Enmity could only be recast if the target was killed or after 60 seconds.
- Circle of Power
- The effect of circle of power now lasts 10 seconds, down from 20. The cooldown of circle of power has been reduced to 28 seconds, down from 60. In accordance with this adjustment, additional ranks of this power now grant 2 additional seconds to the effect per rank, down from 4. The additional effects gained by Circle of Power when the Paladin has Oath of Devotion or Oath of Protection (30% more outgoing healing and 25% damage resistance, respectively) are now also granted to allies standing within the Circle of Power. This effect does not stack with multiple Circles of Power.
- Divine Protector
- Divine protector now redirects 60% of damage taken by nearby allies, down from 100%. The damage reduction effect on the Paladin has been increased to 60%, up from 50%.
- Sacred Weapon
- The additional damage dealt by Sacred Weapon has been increased by 50%.
Sea of Moving Ice
- Oathkeeper's Shield: This now properly increases five stats, up from four. Deflection has been added to its stats.
- Reclaimed Runes no longer swap between the main inventory and Profession Resources tab when the player double-clicks on them.
- Relic Artifact Weapons now provide Everfrost Resistance.
- Shimmering Hill Emerald and Scintillating Storm Ruby tooltips now state the correct Refinement Point value that they give to non-Relic Artifact Weapon items.
- Various tooltip text has been updated to address typos.
- Horn of Valhalla has been added to the Storm King's Thunder collection.
- "Chain" art no longer incorrectly appears over the Mount icon when the player isn't affected by Daze or similar action-preventing effects.
- When double-clicking armor kits or jewels in the inventory, they can now properly be applied to equipped items.
- Restoring Relic items from before Sea of Moving Ice once again functions correctly.
- Restoring stacked Svardborg Trial gems no longer causes the Restoration UI to show a Refinement bar.
- The Restoration window no longer shows the gear as always having Tier 2 restored stats.
- Tooltips for Svardborg Trial gems no longer say they're "ready to upgrade."
- Upgrading a piece of Relic gear to Vivified no longer changes the window to the Refinement UI.
Sword Coast Chronicle
Graphics, Effects, and Animation
- The updates to the Storm King's Thunder campaign have received additional visual improvements.
- Manaseeker's Orb: This weapon now properly appears while outside of combat.
- Trailblazer's Bow: This weapon now properly displays weapon enchantments' visual effects.
- The first pass of localization for German, Italian, and Russian languages has been implemented for the Sea of Moving Ice. More improvements to come.