test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2016

I already made the connection of the horrendous grind and rng and decided to skip the new weapons anyways, all this does is validate my decision.

If I stay in the game.. (and only because nothing has yet caught my fancy) , I will work on stacking more r10s into alts and get my poor old twisted to legendary on them.

The 50-100 poeple who may actually get this new weapon set, kudos, because the sheer amount of inanity involved with them, is beyond anything I would be willing to do.

The game used to be about playing together to accomplish goals, now its more like, hey look YO ' I bought me some zen stomping stuff and you didnt.

Jeebus Creepers.

This isnt even about the keys, this whole HAMSTER started at the release of mod 10 and just continuing, I have no doublt it spells the end for me, I just cant find my right place, the games Im more or less stoked about, are still middle of the next year sort of things in all likekly hood.

50-100 poeple? In our guild we said: we have power creep why to get a new weapon gated behind so much farming.
    Because it is probably a "entrance ticket" to get into new dungeon area like FBI. You don't need it to play the area. You need it to enter. Of course, you don't have to enter.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    The official thread is blowing up and I think an official dev response is needed. Urgently. There is more talk than ever about players leaving the game. Probably not solely because of the change, but stuff added up over time. Players not for the first time are feeling they are being lied to (bugfix?) and we need a roadmap how you want to adjust the current discrepancy of key worth and chest reward.

I never specifically liked how Shicoff managed the game, but he at least didn't deliver major changes like Leadership through a random Frenchie. @panderus, @terramak, @mimicking#6533 or whoever is responsible for the change: Time to show some balls...
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i did too thought it was choice feature to give us options, it was mentioned in pre-mod 6, one of former dev did already gave us option to decline if the rewards in chests are junks.

devs, if you do that, YOU BETTER make those chest rewards 5x Better! STOP throwing us with garbages!

Asheron's Call chest loot format was so much better.

Nevewinter loot drops are the most boring system ever, it wins Phil Foglio's Cheapass Award.
  • wraithr32wraithr32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    If this was a known "bug" why does it seem to have been passed on to the consoles?

As one other person said, real keys normally do not break after one use they work for years, why not make a single key work 10 times before it breaks or heaven forbid, subject it to a "random" roll when it will break 10% of the time.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    loboguild said:

The official thread is blowing up and I think an official dev response is needed. Urgently. There is more talk than ever about players leaving the game. Probably not solely because of the change, but stuff added up over time. Players not for the first time are feeling they are being lied to (bugfix?) and we need a roadmap how you want to adjust the current discrepancy of key worth and chest reward.

I never specifically liked how Shicoff managed the game, but he at least didn't deliver major changes like Leadership through a random Frenchie. @panderus, @terramak, @mimicking#6533 or whoever is responsible for the change: Time to show some balls...

+1

More egregious than the content of the change has been the manner that is has (not) been communicated, player outcries have (not) been addressed, and the (nonexistent) development / balance plan that would help inform players of the context of these changes.

Once again, communication failure. Once again, followed by extended silence.

This time it looks like it might actually shake up the player population, I know I'm planning on leaving once my FL empties out after this change hits live.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    wraithr32 said:

If this was a known "bug" why does it seem to have been passed on to the consoles?

As one other person said, real keys normally do not break after one use they work for years, why not make a single key work 10 times before it breaks or heaven forbid, subject it to a "random" roll when it will break 10% of the time.

You got it wrong. They don't fix "known bugs". There are many of them that were known for years.
    They "fix" "known features".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Because the issue with the new weapons is one purely of RNG.. even before the "bugged" key fix, the ability to win the legendary marks was slim to none.

With the addition of the new fix, it brings it down to only those who are willing to dump in up to 5-6 million ad just for keys for the rng needed wins.

Before this, weapons were just a matter of time to grind out, with the introduction of the artificial gating involved with mod 10 release, they are going to continue to add gates and monetization schemes, whenever and wherever they can.

IT seems a bit ludicrous, but its the sad and stark truth.

Either they are supremely greedy, or they are in need of massive shot of cash, both of which spell, not so great things about the future of this game.

Even if they reverse this decision, the advent of additional gating is boring to me, we have and had so much to do already and they never pared down on any of that.. just dumped more zen style purchases at me to alleviate the new boring grind.

Please understand, the key thing isnt the tipping point for me, its the gating mechanisms involved with mod 10 and apparently forward, if this is what we are going to get EVERY time, what is the point of staying anymore? Everyone want to continue to grind vblood 100k a month? Like really, that is what it appears to me they want us to do.. ludicrous.

• ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    ... if that had been a move to activate forum it would be truly BRILLIANT! :-))
    emotions running high, many of us telling how they see/experience this game...
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Like others before I also do expect an apology. Misrepresenting a longstanding feature as a bug, claiming that only a minority knew about this "bug"...etc.
    Insinuating your players are imbeciles and lying is very disrespectful and makes you look like...the very same. So an apology would be a good start.
    Whatever you do next....it has to start with an apology. It is literally a question of very basic common decency. And reasserting the feeling the dev team hasn´t gone down the rabbit hole entirely.
    And yea...any elaboration on how the rewards in the second chests will get improved at the same time this change goes live will help A LOT, too...:P
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They haven't responded again to the thousands of posts about inappropriate vlbood gating and grind levels, other then mock us once. So , why even bother.

They clearly dont care about our value any of opinions. We will get some measured response at some point, telling us how sorry they are to screw us over.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    what will it do to me?
    probably empty one small bag on each char i run.
    no need for all those keys anymore!
    and that comes in handy with the planned changes/nerf to our mailboxes...
    well...

otherwise it's a sad story,
    especially the way it's being communicated...
    amazing!

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i think these current team wasnt aware of pre-mod 6, one of former dev had mentioned that he gave us loot choice when we can accept or decline. IT ISNT A BUG feature!!! stop lying to players!

that Nineth Plane of Hell is waiting for them, it is reserved for Liars, it is one of the worst punishment for deceivers.

i was correct that they still nerfing nonstop since post mod 6. they are actually burying themselves. we are fed up with beating dead horse over and over since, what you want? more tenderized meat?
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    First you took @resilient5 from me (I still miss you Storm :'( ), then my friends @bhurab PC took him away from me. @hugienwn is barely here now. And now you are taking @crizpynutz from me.

• peci#1468 peci Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm happy this announcement and patch weren't released only after expected black friday sale. Oversight on their side?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    loboguild said:

I like how they constantly remind us that only a minority of the players actually read the forum and then not publish this change in the arcgames news section and the launcher.

Good point, although I suspect there's a STRONG correlation between forum users and players who actually knew about this feature bug feature, so they may well think they are already reaching "the minority" of players the change will actually affect.

I don't think this thread will be disallowed, but it probably will be merged with the main one.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • irfaanirfaan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Waiting very impatiently to hear the dev's next move - If its not EXCEPTIONALLY good, the game is screwed and a lot of us will be leaving - as it is right now, players are using multiple exploits to get ahead in the game, such as running multiple VIP farming accounts. How else would a person get 23 Mil AD to be able to pay for a useful legendary mount. The timegate is too much and its a super grind and the rewards are not worth it, if the rewards are increased and BS is not given at the end of a dungeon then it will be worthwhile. At least before mod 6 you could run a dungeon and have a good chance at a set piece that was related to your class - I never had a chance to get my avatar of war set and would still love it or the like - instead everybody is given the same dragonflight HAMSTER or drowcraft HAMSTER or the new super grindy relic HAMSTER - HAMSTER man - sort your HAMSTER out.
    Give us rewards and give us variety in it too.
    Please don't tell me that I have wasted all this time on a game that will make many of us part ways on bad terms.
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

(My own personal perspective.. I'm SICK of coming to the forums to find some intelligent discussion on recent developments to instead be greeted with shallow thinking ragers.)

I honestly generally share that sentiment. But what do you expect when people are insulted in this way? I would much rather talk about positive changes. I don't really think this is one - there is no detail whatsoever on improved drops. Sure - if it meant you got something worth the AD every time you run a dungeon - great stuff. But nothing here suggests that. There's a vague promise. Right after the bit they tell you the current feature is a bug.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I know @weaver936 wants to see the positive in this but there has not been one word about improved drops, refactoring of the key creation system, etc. All we know is apparently they are "fixing" a "bug". Anything more than that is hopeful assumptions at best.
  • swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Some people just want to see the good in their chosen hobby / passion....even if they are being bent over and probed with a cactus they will still say thank you. This is @weaver936. Sry nothing positive in being classed as an exploiter when a decline button exists.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

http://prnt.sc/cwf2ke bug bug decline option lol lol lol

Maybe that one should be in the bug reports?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    I've supported the devs many times on many topics. Mod 6, they got my support (before the nerf of difficulty). Nerfing mod 5 set bonuses? They got my support. Not bringing back all dungeons at once? They got my silent support. But this time they won't get any. The only acceptable answer to the dungeon key issue is the complete removal of the intended changes. No HAMSTER promises, no adjustments of anything. Complete removal!
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2016

I've seen, in all of the MMOs I've played, players get upset over proposed changes/class balances and then run to the forums to claim it will ruin the game, and/or threaten to quit. Then, once those changes go live, they continue to log in and adapt to the changes, realizing they aren't so bad.

If this change has you (the general you, not you sameriker) considering quitting the game, do so. You either need a break or you were already considering quitting.

You are missing that people aren't just upset about the change. I for one am primarily upset at being lied to blatantly. Why would anyone spend good money on a company that lies to them?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

http://prnt.sc/cwf2ke bug bug decline option lol lol lol

Maybe that one should be in the bug reports?
    Why? I think mama is just poking fun that decline being available is a bug...

The Accept option is greyed out until you select one of the 2 piece of salvage garbage that the game insults you with at the top of the chest.
This discussion has been closed.