test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    b3llist0r said:

No one will buy the keys to open the second chest. The droprate of a wanted +5 ring is so unbelievable small that the total amount of runs needed still $%&/(§. No one wants to pay with his wallet for this RNG. Similar to the lockboxes, except that a lockbox pays for itself a lot. So in the end the droprate of rings is halfed. Not good. I did around 200 edemo runs to get the +5 brutality ring and maybe I need 500 more. Now I will have to do 1000 runs. Why? Game becomes more an more unrewarding and greedy.

FBI is so useless/bad/wrong and in addition I loose a key each time to receive a purple mod6 item? Not funny. Depression.

Droprates which require grinding and grinding is gated behind keys and keys are "1/day then pay". Oh man, this game went from 1 key per day (beta) to the actual system od epic dungeon chest keys and then the next generation of keys came and became... the same... but there is no free key per day. We have to grind for the key. There are no VIP keys. And in terms of AD the key is MUCH more expensive. Key 3.0 hamster edition...

Farming CN for a rank 8 enchantment (no sh$% runestone or junk) will be gone. Chance for Orcus halfed. Sleep well.

A shame.

//Bellsitor

For what I heard, in the new area, it is not about the 2nd chest. You need that key for the first chest, 2nd chest and third chest.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zwalkzwalk Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    People keep saying "this happens every change and people threaten to quit." This is pretty significant...people will quit
  • carlytos#2158 carlytos Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Hi, well before all I floor not write in this forum; but the truth is that this new change in the game is regrettable. What will happen with the new guys who want to play this game, let him right in the beginning. Not if what you really want is to kill Neverwinter D & D, but if so what are you doing very well. There are fewer people in the game and will continue doing, that your company policy is a big HAMSTER. I guess since most players have considered changing game, which is perfectly understandable. Cryptic Thanks, now I'll have more free time. :D:D:D
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

lirithiel said:

meerchaum said:

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderation member to please make sure that when you light your torches, grab your pitchforks and apply the tar and feathers, that you do your best to keep it within the bounds of the forum code of conduct. Thanks.

I now return you to your regularly schedule rage

With that being said...

wow now they mock us
    He's not mocking us FFS. @ironzerg79 is a player like us who happens to want to be Cryptic's little helper for some bizarre reason.
    @lirithiel Actually, technically I'm volunteering for PWE. I was asked by Strum, who's employed by PWE, not Cryptic, to volunteer to help moderate the discussion of Neverwinter on PWE's message boards.

If I actually had the chance to help Cryptic, I'd start by helping them NOT release statements like this to their playerbase. :smiley:
    helper, volunteer - all the same to me ;)@ironzerg79 I never suggested you were employed by PWE as I know the dealio with Mods. I just find it strange that after all this BS Cryptic have pulled on us over time you still want to moderate their crappy forums.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    xeltey said:

There is a feature in the Neverwinter game whereby players can open a bonus chest at the end of certain dungeons through use of special items named:

• Legendary Dragon Key
    • Daily Dungeon Chest Key
    • Epic Dungeon Chest Key
    • Standard Dungeon Chest Key
    • Mystic Dragon Key
    • Arcane Dragon Key
    • Dragon Queen’s Key
    • Lesser Demonic Key
    • Greater Demonic Key
    • Malabog’s Castle Key
    • Valindra’s Tower Key
    • Kessell’s Retreat Key
    • Ancient Runic Key
    • Dark Fey Key
    • Thayan Chest Key
    • Thayan Lair Key
    Keys are currently acquired by purchasing them from the Zen Market, completing certain campaign tasks, or obtaining them from certain non-player characters. Each key can be used to open and claim the rewards from one chest.

In the Sea of Moving Ice update releasing on the live server on November 8th, there will be a change happening to how these keys work.

There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key. This bug has been fixed. When this fix gets to the live server, opening a chest will consume the key, give the player the rewards, and display those rewards to the player. To ensure that keys are not accidentally used, the user interface in game will alert you to which key would be consumed and ask for confirmation before continuing.

Since this bug has been live for a long time and we believe that some players may have come to rely on this bug, we are providing advance notice of the change.

As part of this change we are also lowering the cost of the Zen store item “Legendary Dragon Key 5-Pack” from 300 Zen to 250 Zen.

We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not, and because the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

- The Neverwinter Team
    AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
    at this point i cant call anymore shame on you...

the shame is on me.

shame

shame
    shame
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016

1. In the beginning, we never had the option to '2. DECLINE' a chest. Keys were used, we got loot. Sometimes good loot, sometimes bad loot.

Yeah, But we could see what's inside the box and choose the gear we wanted. I lost the count of how many times I did Throne of Idris or Dread Vault just to get the last piece of my gear set...
    Back then, you also either finished the dungeon while Delves was running, or got no chest at all. There were no keys. Bosses always dropped unbound gear.

Then they added dungeon keys that would let you loot a dungeon chest any time outside of Delves. Swell! Delves still existed to let you loot the chest for free, so that was ok too. Bosses still dropped gear.

Then they did something weird that I can't quite remember with Delves, such that you got some bonus during the event time but still always had to use a key, whether or not it was Delves time.

Then they got rid of Delves entirely.

Then they started adding "bonus" keys for "bonus" chests. They changed boss loot to be randomly awarded sometimes and usually just pathetic junk. They added more and more and more types of keys. But that is ok because there is one convenient cash shop key that can replace 12 or so other kinds of keys....

There is no comparison to how dungeon chest loot used to be handled and how it is now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lorandelczlorandelcz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    Congratulations, craptic, this is the last nail to the coffin.
    To anyone - is there any simple way how to delete completely my game account? Because I really want to do just that. And never come back this time...
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    What a hamster move... :|
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Ask little d if he likes the changes
    https://youtu.be/3gX71pRwVfM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • meerchaummeerchaum Member Posts: 27 Arc User

meerchaum said:

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderation member to please make sure that when you light your torches, grab your pitchforks and apply the tar and feathers, that you do your best to keep it within the bounds of the forum code of conduct. Thanks.

I now return you to your regularly schedule rage

With that being said...

wow now they mock us
    @meerchaum
    You didn't read far enough:

Reminder Community Moderators are not staff members. They are players who assist with certain aspects of the forum.
    The Doctor GIF is Ironzerg's opinion of the change as a player.

He was trying to be lighthearted in a request to keep the understandable frustration somewhat reigned in. No mocking intended at all.

Nobody mocked anybody. You are reading the post without knowing the correct context. :)

I would assume that Moderators were granted extra permissions to shepard us mere players and there for become a representative of Cryptic. And I know a mock when I see it.
  • bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Hey everyone ... I think in excess of 600 posts within a 24-hour period is evidence enough that the suggested changes to the game are not entirely what the playbase was expecting from the Devs. There is little need for me to say anymore, because the 600+ post before me are very likely to have said it already (although, on experience, 600+ attempts are probably still insufficient to achieve the desired outcome ... or loot).

I will therefore remind the Devs of what the original game plan [probably should have been or] was: a game with plenty of challenging dungeons. Challenging does not mean you should make all of us super-dps machines, and make one-hit wonder monsters; challenging means balancing the dungeon content and player ability (i.e. as much as I hate to say it, who decided introducing Bonding Stones and Insignia ... what an unbalanced addition) so that when we get to the end of the dungeon then we deserve the free chest with more than an R5 enchantment in it (and some decent set drops from bosses).

Why not bring back all the original sets, or develop some more, and bring back the interesting game-play we had with requiring multi-dungeons to complete a set ... that was a great feeling when you finally completed your set (which had a reasonable chance of dropping).

And if you havent noticed, many players enjoy customisation and unique appearances ... so please add more equipment skins - it is bad enough that most of us are virtual clones (each class essentially having mainly one build), now we all need to look the same too.

Yours in gaming,
    Crus
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Can anyone suggest any good existing/upcoming MMO's worth playing as I have now finally had as much as I can endure from these developers. The game is now evidently nothing other than a pure cash grab and a medium to insult it's paying customers.
  • semanphora#2467 semanphora Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    null
    Good answer?
  • ureallyugly#6404 ureallyugly Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    in any game when you open a chest with a key its gone how many people are complaining when they get that 13mil item or is it some people have nothing better to do then complain?
    Post edited by ambisinisterr on
  • semanphora#2467 semanphora Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The drops of the chests are ridiculous.
    10 months playing, I never castle 15 times a day on average and never got anything better than R8.
    ELOL do more, yet never got an artifact, only neck that is cheap and not worth the time it takes to achieve.
    Boss DG Master to drop green armor?
    And Tiamat? Even with 90% in the donations drop in it's horrible.
    You disrespect other players. Many friends of mine who spent fortunes in the game dropped after that invested heavily in char that has become useless for lack of care of you.

I know I need to sell zen to cover the cost of the structure that keeps the game but how you want me to invest in a game that I love but never know what it will be tomorrow.

Now that losing the key opening chest that will come ridiculous items?

Honestly the continuity of the game is increasingly difficult.

Os drops dos baús são ridículos.
    10 meses jogando, faço castle never 15 vezes por dia em média e nunca peguei nada melhor que R8.
    ELOL faço mais ainda, mesmo assim nunca peguei um artefato, somente neck que é barato e não compensa o tempo que leva para conseguir.
    Boss de DG Master que dropa armadura verde?
    E o Tiamat? Mesmo com 90% nas doações o drop nele é horrível.
    Vocês desrespeitam demais os jogadores. Muitos amigos meus que gastaram fortunas no jogo desistiram depois que investiram pesado em char que se tornou inútil por falta de cuidado de vocês.

Sei que precisam vender zen pra cobrir o custo da estrutura que mantém o jogo, mas como quer que eu invista em um jogo que adoro porém nunca sei o que será dele amanhã.

Agora essa de perder a chave abrindo baú que vai vir itens ridículos?

Sinceramente a continuidade do game está cada vez mais difícil.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I think they do not understand the psychology of punishment.
    Finishing a dungeon then being unable to even look inside a chest sitting right there is punishment.

Punishment makes you LESS likely to do something.

It does not make you MORE likely to do something else, like buy cash grab keys, especially when the rewards are junk almost all the time.

This will make people much less willing to run dungeons or help out other players if they've used their key since you can no longer say "well I have a legendary key, if there is something good in there I can still get it I just have to spend a bit of change on it".

Given the extreme gating for FBI, this would even further reduce the number of people running it (already pathetically low)-- we all know the number of people flagged is not equivalent based on class and this dungeon requires appropriate class composition.

Honestly I could live with the regular "free" keys being auto-use, but to do this to the legendary keys is quite frankly stupid from a game perspective and fraud from a "I already bought these keys with an understanding of their function" perspective.

The only time I *ever* regularly used legendary keys was to get the twisted ichor because it was a GUARANTEED DROP from the chests in edemo. Nothing else in the game currently guarantees you get anything but junk-- junk = punishment, and see above for the results of punishment.

I thought you wanted people to play your game guys? No?
  • patruciuspatrucius Member Posts: 24 Arc User

1. In the beginning, we never had the option to '2. DECLINE' a chest. Keys were used, we got loot. Sometimes good loot, sometimes bad loot.

Yeah, But we could see what's inside the box and choose the gear we wanted. I lost the count of how many times I did Throne of Idris or Dread Vault just to get the last piece of my gear set...
    Back then, you also either finished the dungeon while Delves was running, or got no chest at all. There were no keys. Bosses always dropped unbound gear.

Then they added dungeon keys that would let you loot a dungeon chest any time outside of Delves. Swell! Delves still existed to let you loot the chest for free, so that was ok too. Bosses still dropped gear.

Then they did something weird that I can't quite remember with Delves, such that you got some bonus during the event time but still always had to use a key, whether or not it was Delves time.

Then they got rid of Delves entirely.

Then they started adding "bonus" keys for "bonus" chests. They changed boss loot to be randomly awarded sometimes and usually just pathetic junk. They added more and more and more types of keys. But that is ok because there is one convenient cash shop key that can replace 12 or so other kinds of keys....

There is no comparison to how dungeon chest loot used to be handled and how it is now.
    In the interim between the Dungeon Delves event removing the key requirement and the current AD reward system, I'm pretty sure what they did was add AD to the chest at the end of the dungeon, somewhere between like 2K and 6K for every dungeon run during the Delves event. (Note: I don't think the amount was random, I just can't remember the amount.)

• ronto97ronto97 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does anyone in the development team have any experience in economics? It seems as if you're acting like you're the only game in town. Truth is, you are competing with hundreds of other games out their for the time, attention, and (most importantly) money. The key to being successful in the free-to-play market is to create a gaming experience that strikes a balance between income generation and player satisfaction. In the last 24 hours you have managed to throw that balance so far off that many fans who have spent over a year of their lives on this game are willing to delete NW from their systems. You might want to listen to the fans for a change before you wind up killing the golden goose.
  • damnatus55damnatus55 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
  • zackattackzackattack Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Go HAMSTER yourself
  • pzaar#1875 pzaar Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Just bought six months of vip give back my money you thieving liars. Way to ruin a fun game, the grind level of this game has gone from impossible to insert credit card. How people who make these decisions and tell lies like these have jobs let alone sleep at night amazes me. Broken game is broken, you will NEVER see another dollar from me! Unbelieveable the level of disrespect you show the community. Go pull the wool over someone elses eyes. I got no time for companies like this.
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    ronto97 said:

Does anyone in the development team have any experience in economics? It seems as if you're acting like you're the only game in town. Truth is, you are competing with hundreds of other games out their for the time, attention, and (most importantly) money. The key to being successful in the free-to-play market is to create a gaming experience that strikes a balance between income generation and player satisfaction. In the last 24 hours you have managed to throw that balance so far off that many fans who have spent over a year of their lives on this game are willing to delete NW from their systems. You might want to listen to the fans for a change before you wind up killing the golden goose.

Well said. I mean talk about bite the hand that feeds you. The changes they seem to be constantly implementing are all about purchasing more zen for what is currently free. Dragonflight is a great example: Purchase bells, kill dragon, purchase keys to open boxes that killing the dragon 'rewards' you with. They get us at both ends with that one.

• eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I dont know, personally i remember this mimicking dude saying in his stream "guys, you all good story tellers. Loots is not important, you go there, live the story with your friends".
    Something among those lines. Why am I not even surprised by this change?
    I suggest to make all chests = Mimic in the game because actually killing them might give more fun than getting a peridot at 22.5k ADs.
  • zackattackzackattack Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Maybe you will start listening to your player base when everyone starts quitting. You greedy HAMSTER, You are going to loose more money when people start quitting your greedy HAMSTER game. So go HAMSTER yourself!
  • ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    22 pages later... and hundreds of posts on reddit... still no word from devs
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i can already see it...

LF4M 4k+ to jump around on protector enclave
This discussion has been closed.