test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sea of Moving Ice Preview Patch Notes: NW.70.20161011a.0

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
The rolling patch notes thread has also been updated.

Highlights

New trial: Svardborg!
The Svardborg trial is now open! Face off against Jarl Storvald and reclaim the Ring of Winter before he can use it to bring in an era of frozen wastes.

A group of ten players can now queue for the Svardbog trial. On Preview only, players may speak with Frozen Sergeant Knox in Bryn Shander to claim a pack that will get them ready to enter Svardborg right away.

Read more on this feature on Commander Ander's recent development blog: Assault on Svardborg
Please provide any feedback on the content itself in the following feedback thread: ASSAULT ON SVARDBORG
Please provide any feedback on the loot from this content in the following feedback thread: ASSAULT ON SVARDBORG (LOOT EDITION)

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Boat Travel and Fishing
  • A first pass has been made to changing music when embarking and disembarking a khyek.
  • Replacement fishing rods are now available while the tutorial quest is in progress.
  • Replacement khyeks may be claimed if a player accidentally discards theirs.
  • Treasure maps now have appropriate images hinting to the treasures' location.
  • Various visual improvements have been made to khyeks and fishing.
Sea of Moving Ice
  • Achievements for this module are now appropriately visible when players meet their prerequisites (e.g. reaching level 70 for "Storm King's Champion").
  • Dragon turtles no longer incorrectly fade before diving and swimming away.
  • Found quests in the Sea of Moving Ice now provide voninblod.
  • Multiple players may now simultaneously interact with the hidden map chests.
  • Players may no longer incorrectly share story-dependent quests.
  • Players must now properly be level 70 to accept the quest, Northern Lights.
  • The Historian's dialog has been updated to be more accurate.
  • Various environment art has been updated for visual and gameplay improvements.
  • Various quest item icons have been implemented.
  • Various text in this module has been updated.
Sea of Moving Ice Campaign
  • The task, Create Frosted Glyph, no longer becomes unavailable for no apparent reason.
  • The task, Support the Elk Tribe, no longer becomes unavailable after three completions.
  • The three Support tracks now properly max out after filling five times.

Items and Economy
Sea of Moving Ice
  • Belt and Cloak of Valhalla now properly have their extra Enchantment slots locked until Legendary quality.
  • Collections are now up-to-date with Sea of Moving Ice content.
  • Eye of the Giant: This artifact has been updated with lore and more lore-friendly imagery.
  • Relic Artifact Weapons: "Overload: Defense" now triggers on Dodge / Defensive power use.
  • Relic Artifact Weapons: "Overload: Offense" now triggers when Encounter powers are used.
Professions
  • The time required to create Enchanted Loam, Mana Plaster, Bibliothol, and Reliquary Wax is now 5 minutes, reduced from 60.
General
  • The following "altar" items now vanish when the player who summoned them enters combat:
    • Hero's Feast
    • Mechanical Altar
    • Portable Altar

User Interface
Auction House
  • There is now a limit to the number of unclaimed items a player may have in their mail. Once this limit is reached, the player may no longer post items up for auction until they claim items from their mail.
Queues
  • Queue completion rewards for certain Trials, such as Demogorgon, once again properly show up in the Scoreboard.

Graphics, Effects, and Animation
Character Art
  • Cloaks and capes no longer seem to fly straight up in the air when viewing characters wearing them from long distances.
Post edited by asterdahl on

Comments

• Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    no more flying capes yes !!!
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Storvald up legooooooooo!
    im excite.
    first.
    wth is frosted glyphhhhhhhhhhhhh?
    hate what u did with mail/ altars.
    think peeps will be h:)ppy re def/ off weap switcheroonie
    gg
    hfgl
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    dodgo said:

Storvald up legooooooooo! im excite. first

nah :P
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    terramak said:

General

• The following "altar" items now vanish when the player who summoned them enters combat:
      • Hero's Feast
      • Mechanical Altar
      • Portable Altar
    I'm concerned this isn't going to play nice with the couple boons that put you into combat because they deflect beneficial effects (heals etc.).

I get that the intent is to prevent folks dropping altars on boss maps etc. but especially for the rare drops it would be a bummer if they vanished right away before people get to use them...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    TY for cloak fix.

If you're making changes to Hero's Feasts, don't you think it would be reasonable to make their effect actually scale up after 60? They're pretty lame right now.
    terramak said:

User Interface
    Auction House

• There is now a limit to the number of unclaimed items a player may have in their mail. Once this limit is reached, the player may no longer post items up for auction until they claim items from their mail.
    This note puzzles me. Is there a new account-wide limit? Because you've always lost an auction slot for every unclaimed item sitting in the mailbox.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2016
    terramak said:

Read more on this feature on Commander Ander's recent development blog: Assault on Svardborg
    Please provide any feedback on the content itself in the following feedback thread: ASSAULT ON SVARDBORG
    Please provide any feedback on the loot from this content in the following feedback thread: ASSAULT ON SVARDBORG (LOOT EDITION)

I've added the quoted links to the preview patch notes above. Those of you who have a chance to take on Svardborg on preview, please provide your feedback in the above threads. For those interested in learning more, my blog dealing with the boss encounter itself will be going live next week along with a video showing off the hard work the team has put into the fight.
    dupeks said:

terramak said:

General

• Hero's Feast
      • Mechanical Altar
      • Portable Altar
    I'm concerned this isn't going to play nice with the couple boons that put you into combat because they deflect beneficial effects (heals etc.).

I get that the intent is to prevent folks dropping altars on boss maps etc. but especially for the rare drops it would be a bummer if they vanished right away before people get to use them...
    We understand the concern and are looking into issues regarding actions that mistakenly place characters in combat. Please continue to report any such issues, we'd like to work to quickly resolve them before and immediately after this change.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

• Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    Good stuff here, any word on a fix for the bug with the Eye of the Giant artifact (you know the one I'm fugenaboot).
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @terramak
    terramak said:

On Preview only, players may speak with Frozen Sergeant Knox in Bryn Shander to claim a pack that will get them ready to enter Svardborg right away.

Please make same on Lurker!
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    terramak said:

User Interface
    Auction House

Wow. I can no longer use the auction house? I regularly purchase multiple items for later sale and leave them in the mail. Now I cannot use the auction house. I have already purchased the maximum bank slots and all my alts bags are full. Now I cannot remove anything from the mail and even if I do, I cannot remove enough to be able to enable the Auction House to be able to sell those items.

There are no words for this.

*shakes head*

Post edited by ph33rm3 on
  • Options
    feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > I cannot remove enough to be able to enable the Auction House to be able to sell those items

Same here. If this limit is account-wide it effectively bars me from ever using the auction house again.

Even if it isn't, this change basically removes the auction house as a gameplay element because you can no longer buy stuff when it's cheap to use later in crafting, refining or events.

Unless this limit is extremely high, I guess that's it for me because it removes one of the most fun aspects of the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Unless this limit is extremely high, I guess that's it for me because it removes one of the most fun aspects of the game.

Let's not assume the worst quite yet. @terramak would you be able to share more details about the mail limit to help ease some folks' minds? I know that you guys have been sensitive to real player inventory issues in the past :)

RE: Skills that put you into combat.
    Did testing, doesn't seem to be an issue :)

I don't slot a lot of the deflect boons because they constantly put me into combat and it irritates me. I'll get a chance to test this weekend on preview a little bit.

I believe that the DC power Divine Glow when cast on others can put them into combat (I know that folks get upset it ruins dancing etc.) but again I'll try to test this weekend and report back.
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    dupeks said:

Let's not assume the worst quite yet. @terramak would you be able to share more details about the mail limit to help ease some folks' minds? I know that you guys have been sensitive to real player inventory issues in the past :)

I don't slot a lot of the deflect boons because they constantly put me into combat and it irritates me. I'll get a chance to test this weekend on preview a little bit.

I believe that the DC power Divine Glow when cast on others can put them into combat (I know that folks get upset it ruins dancing etc.) but again I'll try to test this weekend and report back.

Log onto preview. See if you can use the auction house. I can't.
  • Options
    dupeks said:

Let's not assume the worst quite yet.

I just did a few tests on preview.

Every automated mail with an attachment now counts towards your already existing maximum of 40 auctions. This includes mails with AD from sold auctions and freebies from Cryptic like those "Welcome to Neverwinter" mails. It doesn't tell you though. It just silently reduces your remaining auction slots. You have to figure that out yourself.

This is going to be hilarious >:)
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    There is now a limit to the number of unclaimed items a player may have in their mail. Once this limit is reached, the player may no longer post items up for auction until they claim items from their mail.

What the actual bloody hamstered hamstering is this for? @terramak, it would be really really nice if you could explain what this is actually supposed to do, because right now I can't use the AH on preview, meaning i won't be able to use it on live either
    Post edited by scathias on
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    ph33rm3 said:

Log onto preview. See if you can use the auction house. I can't.

I can, but I see your point. I keep my mail relatively clean/compressed and usually have at least 10 slots open.

@terramak If you guys move forward with this change, I think it would be REALLY helpful to include an indicator on your mailbox as well as relabeling the auction house (i.e. "36/40 mail and auction slots used"). Right now it's really not clear why I have fewer than 40 slots available...

It does appear to be per character, am I understanding correctly?

TY for cloak fix.

*SNIP*

If you're making changes to Hero's Feasts, don't you think it would be reasonable to make their effect actually scale up after 60? They're pretty lame right now.

+1 and +1
    dupeks said:

I respecced on preview and ran around for a while throwing out altars while trying to get various things to deflect. I'm officially retracting my concerns. Perhaps it'll prove to be an issue in crowded instances when it goes live (tiamat?) because of some interaction I can't replicate with what I have access to on preview, but so far so good :smiley:
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Light of divinity and Knights Valor put people or keep people in combat. I guess the healer/tanks who use those skills will be out of luck dropping altars for the party.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    So.... wait. Your inventory and bank slots are all totally full, but you've been storing stuff you buy in your mail. Ok... so... how, later on, were you going to make use of all this stuff if you can't claim it?

I'm a rediculous hoarder, but even I have a few bank slots and pack slots open. Maybe you should go ahead and take the opportunity to clean house a bit so when this change comes you can adapt.

The alternative, I suppose, is quitting the game. In that case, can I have all your stuff? It IS my birthday today (seriously, I turned 41 today... and yes you all may sing and I welcome presents, especially legendary mounts and transcendent enchantments).
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    User Interface
    Auction House
    There is now a limit to the number of unclaimed items a player may have in their mail. Once this limit is reached, the player may no longer post items up for auction until they claim items from their mail.

Is this an account limit? Or, is it a per character limit?
    Based on the wording, player implies account.
    If the limit is 40 and if I have 40 characters and each one of them has one unclaimed item, does that mean all the characters cannot post anything in AH?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Hello there,

just took some time to go treasure hunting. It took me approximately 1,5h for six map. Graphics of the maps are great and easy to understand. I found 6 of the 7 places I looked for (the last one is still a mistery even if the map is pretty clear).
    Sometimes getting to the treasure is a puzzle in itself (the one in the shipwreck far east took me half an=hour just to find a way to get to it).

Rewards seem nice. I found a slew of fishes, several reagents that I believe would be available only via maps (so possibly a decent sell in the AH), 2 unbound opals, 1 unbound ruby, three bound RP stones (25 and 50k if used in the Relic stuff) and a bunch of ostorian relics, including 2 purple ones.
    If only the khyek would be a little faster. And map bottles are tradeable so I can just buy them from fishers and go hunting.

I'll do some more later on today but it's quite fun so far.

Some more: at map nr. 10 I got lanolin too. By the way this was the first repeated map.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I still can't get fishing to work. My HR simply changes stances when I try to bait the hook.

Something screwy just happened...I exited the khyek and I'm in constant inspect mode. I can use my powers normally and the UI is visible, but I can also zoom in and out with the mouse wheel.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    terramak said:

The rolling patch notes thread has also been updated.

User Interface
    Auction House

@terramak

Yeah... This one sounds kinda bad, please explain further.

Is the limit per character or account, does it include bought items, or just items put up for sale that expired?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    The AH changes screw with everyone who buys in bulk and sells later. Now you have to work with guild vault and buy 'storage items' on alts.

I have my personal guild with all vault slots, all bags on several chars and I still use the mail to 'store' my purchases. This will screw up my trading routine. Others with less alts and bank vaults will be scewed up even more.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So the AH purchases count too? or only mails with ADS or expired items?

Storage in this game is a big problem, even with all orange bags and all banks maximized. Now this lol

What if you make some special storage for cosmetics and refinement with this change?
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    asterotg said:

Others with less alts and bank vaults will be scewed up even more.

Not to mention those without a VIP mail portal.

Even if you have everything to work around these restrictions (high-level VIP, tons of inventory slots, alts, etc) this is still a big quality-of-life loss. It adds an unnecessary amount of micromanagement to the auction house.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Dear Devs,

Please more class balance related changes for other than Oathbound Paladin classes and more enchantment related changes, like looking into the cooldown of some enchantments and its real useability.

+1
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    You guys wrote in the patch note "30% slow effect added to Frost weapon enchantment".

So I bought a Transcendent Frost on live and copied to preview.
    On preview, the 30% slow effect is actually added to the 30% slow to the Trans Frostburn armor enchantment. And the slow is so brief in duration that it has almost no noticeable effect.

@asterdahl
    @terramak
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    "Storage in this game is a big problem, even with all orange bags and all banks maximized. Now this lol", totally yeah!, lame!!!

"This change adds an unnecessary amount of micromanagement to the auction house.', so true!!

This AH/atorage change is totally bullsh*t in so many ways. There are so many stup*d cases related to storage you should deal with 1st and you come out with this.

Example (a): On the days I was preparing to refine my artifact-gear and regular artifacts, bought dozens of stacks of ranks 4, blue level 70 generic items and more stuff (always struggling to maintein it as cheap as I can, because you know, you need 10k millions of AD to do things in this game) and I maintein all there in the mail waiting for a RPx2 weekend. Now, with no real reasonable reason, you add a lot of unnecessary work to deal with.

Example (b): Like someone said, this game have a real storage problem but you try and push it even further??? You give players the same amount of default free space (except an extra 12 bag) as you were giving 2 or 3 years ago but now there so many more things to storage, lameee!! There's no way or explanation on Earth you can give to people about this change and not deal with absurd things like having to spend 3 slots for the same ítems: Unbound, BoA and BoC "X item".

I buy items and leave them in the mail to use them but most of all rare items to use them as transmutes in the looong future. I have enough space to deal with this restrictions but it's bullsh*t anyway (and I'm not just talking about me, I'm talking about average population) it will be annoying. And most of all will be kind of insulting/outrageous because you come up with these things constantly but do not deal/help with things like (a) and (b).
This discussion has been closed.