test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Mod 10] Lia Knowles' GWF Destroyer DPS for PVE build.

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Then, it didn't work when using lesser. I don't see any pinkish bar on my buffbar. Well, guess I'll settle for Vorpal. One more item in my bad purchase history list.

Was that just after you struck an enemy, or whle you were standing in Protector's Enclave? You get the buff in combat.
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Was that just after you struck an enemy, or while you were standing in Protector's Enclave? You get the buff in combat.

After struck an enemy with an encounter. It worries me since I don't have any indication of Feytouched procs.

Edit: I think I have an indication. No visuals whatsoever. But it has a..."mystic" sort-of sound that it gives out when I use an encounter every now and then. Not sure if I do get a damage bonus. But I'll be upgrading it and see what happens.
    Post edited by ajlir#7970 on
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Feytouch has major cooldown until you get it to transcendent. It is not worth having until you rank it up.
  • Options
    niadan said:

Feytouch has major cooldown until you get it to transcendent. It is not worth having until you rank it up.

It's something to start with from switching Greater Plague Fire.

Please understand that I'm just a scrub. I can't just straight up buy a Trans enchant with a click finger.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    That was not my point. My point was that you may not have been aware of how it functioned at lower levels.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    niadan said:

That was not my point. My point was that you may not have been aware of how it functioned at lower levels.

It has a 10 second cooldown and procs on encounter like what the tooltip says. What I don't get is that there's no indication that it procs. That's what I'm asking right now. Or am I missing something?

Edit: I switched back to my Greater Plague Fire and it didn't proc. This is due to the Black Ice enchant on my weapon offense slot. I unslotted and reslotted and the enchant now works and burns. Let's see if the Feytouched has a pic in my buffbar.

Edit 2: Yup. Now it procs.

Details here
    Post edited by ajlir#7970 on
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    The guide is now fully updated for Mod 10, sorry for the wait folks!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Good work on the update! I play a lot of PVP, but swap to PVE gear, of course, when doing PVE content. I have taken a lot of tips from you. I run something of a High-Crit Lite when doing PVE. YOU might call it a power build w/crit, however.

I'm curious why you find it necessary to respec to Sentinel when you PVP?

I play SM in both, and merely swap armor/mount powers between the two. Clearly I don't have azures in my offense slots anymore (mostly vicious), but I find I do well. If I were a little more coordinated, I don't really see why my SM couldn't hit top tier. And my damage is still easily Paingiver in most dungeon runs.

I've found it somewhat infuriating that hybrid builds have become impossible since at least Mod 6.
  • Options

Good work on the update! I play a lot of PVP, but swap to PVE gear, of course, when doing PVE content. I have taken a lot of tips from you. I run something of a High-Crit Lite when doing PVE. YOU might call it a power build w/crit, however.

I'm curious why you find it necessary to respec to Sentinel when you PVP?

I play SM in both, and merely swap armor/mount powers between the two. Clearly I don't have azures in my offense slots anymore (mostly vicious), but I find I do well. If I were a little more coordinated, I don't really see why my SM couldn't hit top tier. And my damage is still easily Paingiver in most dungeon runs.

I've found it somewhat infuriating that hybrid builds have become impossible since at least Mod 6.

I assume you mean why I think it's necessary to spec IV and not SM while pvping. See, hybrid PVE/PVP builds for a the min/maxer GWF (such as me) were NEVER possible. I don't want to give up my powerhouse damage for no circumstance, even if it means I can queue to dom and do "fine". I'm not that kind of person, I either excel here or there, I don't do mid anything. Speccing SM PVP means I have to give up my offensive boons for defensive boons, either go 15 points into Sentinel and losing further damage or not speccing, thus losing extra DR, etc. It doesn't work for me.
    Now, as for IV, it's more versatile than SM, I don't HAVE to slot DS (although vs. some classes you kinda have to these days), and if I do slot DS against a GF or a combat HR my marks from DS and TR stack, so I end up benefiting from the loss of CC. I haven't done any PVP in over a mod, I find it terrible these days and I refuse to PVP til there's a proper balance. I'm an avid PVP player but it's virtually impossible to play with all the broken HAMSTER going on in the past few mods.
  • Options
    burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Just a note on something I discovered about wrathful determination; the buff actually remains the same at a 10% with full determination regardless of points you put into it, however the points you do put into go into a separate base damage buff for your character's melee abilities, at least on console it does this.
  • Options

Just a note on something I discovered about wrathful determination; the buff actually remains the same at a 10% with full determination regardless of points you put into it, however the points you do put into go into a separate base damage buff for your character's melee abilities, at least on console it does this.

That's incorrect, it's a tooltip bug, WD seems to work correctly apparently, since I realized there are same range weapons it was much easier for me to check the increase and it's working.
  • Options
    rinat114 said:

I assume you mean why I think it's necessary to spec IV and not SM while pvping. See, hybrid PVE/PVP builds for a the min/maxer GWF (such as me) were NEVER possible. I don't want to give up my powerhouse damage for no circumstance, even if it means I can queue to dom and do "fine". I'm not that kind of person, I either excel here or there, I don't do mid anything. Speccing SM PVP means I have to give up my offensive boons for defensive boons, either go 15 points into Sentinel and losing further damage or not speccing, thus losing extra DR, etc. It doesn't work for me.
    Now, as for IV, it's more versatile than SM, I don't HAVE to slot DS (although vs. some classes you kinda have to these days), and if I do slot DS against a GF or a combat HR my marks from DS and TR stack, so I end up benefiting from the loss of CC. I haven't done any PVP in over a mod, I find it terrible these days and I refuse to PVP til there's a proper balance. I'm an avid PVP player but it's virtually impossible to play with all the broken HAMSTER going on in the past few mods.

Thanks for the answer, some food for thought. I ran your build (with some variation) through most of Mod 9, and can attest to how much damage it can do. Most mobs melted with HD alone. However, I do quite fine with the modest tone down I run with now. I do miss my T Vorpal in boss fights.
  • Options
    burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    null
    I'm gonna go ahead and say equip WD and look at IBS with and empty gauge then unequip WD and look at IBS you'll see a base damage drop; it'll go from roughly 16k if your a fresh lvl 70 with it unequipped to around 20k with it equiped on an empty guage
  • Options

null

I'm gonna go ahead and say equip WD and look at IBS with and empty gauge then unequip WD and look at IBS you'll see a base damage drop; it'll go from roughly 16k if your a fresh lvl 70 with it unequipped to around 20k with it equiped on an empty guage

As I said, it's a tooltip error, your damage doesn't really increase by 10% automatically when you slot WD, it works as described.
  • Options
    coconutz44#9427 coconutz44 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Hi Lia, i disagree on some your points regarding especially the rotation, i made some tests on ACT (and several times in dungeon) about it and it seems for me that it's better to use IBS when you're full Determination (to use well WD), then you go in fury mode. it is less effective for the first rotation because buffs are not totally here but for the next ones it increase significantly your damage.

In the same way, i try to keep my buffs on when i'm not in fury because both HD & WMS are slowing you and you loss much time in fury instead of keeping doing Sure Strike.

For the rest, i'm quite built in the same way than you (some different choices about boons/feats) and i'd like to thank you because you inspired me at the beginning to really think about making my GWF better. It's nice to see other people working hard on their character and sharing their passion :)

Nashu
    Nashu - GWF
    Nash - DC

GM des ж Myth ж
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Hi Lia, i disagree on some your points regarding especially the rotation, i made some tests on ACT (and several times in dungeon) about it and it seems for me that it's better to use IBS when you're full Determination (to use well WD), then you go in fury mode. it is less effective for the first rotation because buffs are not totally here but for the next ones it increase significantly your damage.

In the same way, i try to keep my buffs on when i'm not in fury because both HD & WMS are slowing you and you loss much time in fury instead of keeping doing Sure Strike.

For the rest, i'm quite built in the same way than you (some different choices about boons/feats) and i'd like to thank you because you inspired me at the beginning to really think about making my GWF better. It's nice to see other people working hard on their character and sharing their passion :)

Nashu

Using IBS when your bar is up but not in Determination is extra 25% damage from WD.
    Using IBS when your bar isn't full, but almost, is 20% + ~10% damage (WD, can be closer to the 12% if you're on point). Both assuming you already have all of your bars up. Do your math.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Where do I get heads and gear??
  • Options
    Edit Headsmans
  • Options
    So what gear did u wear while running FBI....how did u hit the FB resistance min?
  • Options

So what gear did u wear while running FBI....how did u hit the FB resistance min?

I switched to my regular gear once inside, you can take a look at the Crusaders guide for the list of EF resist items you can use to get you inside.

Guide right here
  • Options
    Just wanted to say a quick goodbye to the community, my computer can't run the game anymore and I'm forced to quit the game. The guide will no longer be updated for obvious reasons. If you wish to help me out visit the MMOminds version of the guide (notice up top). Thank you for everything people, it was my honor to serve the community as much as I could. Stay awesome!

Lia.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get a machine soon!
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i would offer advice, get a PC book, it is more like external hard drive with 3 tetrabytes memory space, all you need to hook up with PC, hardly any lags except for Lonelywoods zone.
  • Options
    shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Sorry to hear this. Thank you for all the help you have provided.
  • Options
    kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    it's a sad day thank you for all your help.

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Hey Lia. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere you got a new PC. Can we expect more updates on the forum in the future?
  • Options
    Have seen Queen Rinat in the forums and actually caught her winning a bouncing baby water archon from a loot box (Cryptic always tells.)

Glad to have you back Lia!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I'm definitely back, managed to get a new PC and I even streamed for a few hours tonight, was super fun! I'll be releasing videos and updating the guide as planned :)
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Lia, what do you do currently for armor? I personally hate the whole empowerment angle.... I still need to start diong FBI and (N)(E)SVA. Got fancy new green weps, though.
This discussion has been closed.