test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Somewhat Serious Alliance is Full

zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
We are full again. Thanks for your interest.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Looking for guilds to join together to form an alliance that we will Helm. We are Somewhat Serious and are extending the offer to any guilds interested.

About us and what we can offer: We are a Day1 guild started during early access. We remain at or near member cap and often have a waiting list giving us a large player base for Grouping. We already have Guildhall level 9 with GH10 under construction and Market 4 that will be available to all members of the alliance to purchase Dragonflight and Lionsmane gear. We have a few Pvp players but are generally a PvE guild. We have members of all ages but are now focused on building a 20+ years player base. While we previously required new members to purchase and use Bells to host Dragonflight and just raised the donation to one Coal ward, we will not be asking our members to adopt any such policy. Your Guild, Your Rules. Any alliance rules will be decided by the member guilds and each guild will have one vote.

What we are looking for: Active, medium to high population guilds looking to progress their Strongholds. Unlike some alliance plans, we are not strictly looking for like minded guilds. We believe the key to success and enjoyment will be diversity. We would like to see a good population for all timezones and for PvE and PvP. We will consider up to 3 low population (around 50 active members) lower level guilds to keep the spirit of helping low level guilds alive.

The bad news: Alliances was started on PC, then Xbox with the goal of higher level guilds to be able to help smaller lower level guilds by donating currencies they no longer needed to the lower guilds for Guild Marks. That won't work on PS4 for now. Everyone is still building their Strongholds and there are no level 20 guilds who do not still need their currencies.

How can we overcome this issue? Dragonflight! We wish for each member of the alliance to be responsible for hosting Dragonflights during their peak timezone and in their Stronghold at least once a week for an hour or so, although the exact frequency and duration will be decided by the Guild Leaders or other representative of all member guilds after the alliance is formed. Any small guilds will be expected to make the same commitment as the larger guilds, so keep that in mind if you wish to be a member.

Information we require for consideration.

Guild Name
Number of Members
Peak Time of play (Range in PDT as that is the Timezone used by announcements)
PvE v PvP split (approximate)
Level of Guildhall (use the higher level, only if currently under construction)

I will verify the information by asking for and accepting an invite to each guild for a non-guild alt.

Please reply in this thread or directly to my forum wall and do not use ingame or PSN messages during this initial phase, or contact the other officer's of Somewhat Serious. They have other duties and I am the officer responsible for Stronghold growth/development and alliances falls into that category.

At this point we will give quilds whose peak active time is included in the range from 10PM to 8AM PDT some preference as it is inadequately covered by the current members and we wish to meet our goal of close to 24 hour ability to group and run activities. So, Oceania based guilds or just plain night owls are wanted for at least 2 of the remaining spots, if possible.

Hope to hear from you and see you in the alliance.

Current Status of the alliance:

Confirmed Members: Somewhat Serious, Common Cause, Trample, Destroy All Monsters, Envy, Knights of the Abyss, Gods of Neverwinter, Knights of the Blue Phoenix, Blood Syndicate, House Ordo, Knights of Evernight, Dragon's Watch

Pending hold for:Terror Squad due to error on invite

Awaiting invites from:Four Twenty, Winters Warriors, Terror Squad

====================================================================

Final instructions for the Alliance. Make sure I have the charactername@PSN for a rank7 in each guild to accept invites. If you are a sword guild, you will need to invite the gauntlets and I will provide you the list.

After accepting the invite and sending any needed, the Rank 7 needs to go to alliance settings and disable the ability to donate material and currencies to other guilds. The new coffer interface is confusing at first and we don't want members donating to the wrong guilds. You can also choose to block what is donated to you. Probably not too important as it will be sometime before we are ready to intentionally donate to each other.

There is one thing we intend to offer to the other members that we were saving until launch. Once we hit GH20, we will surrender the Helm position to the guild with the highest level GH and drop to a gauntlet, likely creating a new sword position (There is a chance a gauntlet may have highest GH). When they get to GH20, they must do the same. The biggest benefit of Helm is discount on construction, once 20 is achieved it is no longer valuable and should be shared to help the other guilds to advance. It will likely be some time, but we want everyone to know the opportunity will be there.

And finally, what we think of as common courtesy rather than rules. While we want the alliance to vote on any rules, these two came up during some of the visits and needed clarification. These are two things we need to do to keep the alliance healthy.

1. No recruiting/poaching the members of other alliance guilds. If your members seek out another guild, that is different.
2. Keep alliance chat clean(G rated) and drama free.
Post edited by zephyriah on

Comments

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Message sent on here
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    We are pleased to welcome Common Cause, the first guild to join the alliance and thank them for their interest and support.

We look forward to others joining over the next few days.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    another point to add is that our member base spans the globe. we would love to have some european partners as well as american partners.
  • sniffa#1407 sniffa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Let's not forget poor old oz :)
    lol no indeed. oz/nz would be good too.
  • sniffa#1407 sniffa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    "Lest we forget" Long live the ANZAC'S.
    I remember the first time I saw gallipoli. I cried like a baby for a week.
  • fre1703#6697 fre1703 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Hello we are interested in joining the alliance.
    Guild name: Wiping as Intended
    GH level 6 as we are speaking
    Early game we were strictly pve players but due to the repetetive game concept we built strong admiration for pvp. Players in the guild plays both pve and pvp.
    Players are mostly active arround 11 am PDT.
    We are mature players and people.
    For more info feel free to leave a comment.
    Best regards

We are pleased to have your interest.

The next step is a basic meet and greet. I would like you to invite a non-guild alt of mine to your guild and I will do the same for you. Check out each others guild, see activity, ask questions, watch chat, whatever. For me, please invite Clerical Error@Zephyr-1010. You can post an alt here for invite, or let me know in game.

Look forward to seeing your guild in action.
  • azura#6314 azura Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Hi, we are interested in the alliance
    Guild Name: Envy
    Guild Hall 5 almost to 6, defense boon (stable at 2)
    120 players but about, 40 actives ( we are about to kick the inactives)
    20ish play PVP but most of those play PVE as well
    peak time 1-8 pm PDT
    Feel free to ask me anything about it.
    Best Regards

peak time 1-8 pm PDT
    Best Regards

Thank you for your interest.

As above, The next step is a basic meet and greet. I would like you to invite a non-guild alt of mine to your guild and I will do the same for you. Check out each others guild, see activity, ask questions, watch chat, whatever. For me, please invite Nighthawk@Zephyr-1010. You can post an alt here for invite, or let me know in game.

I'll look around your guild and you can do the same, ask questions, see activity and then we each can make an informed decision. I look forward to meeting your guild.
  • marley#4565 marley Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Whats going on pal. saw your post and thought it might be good to get an alliance going before they start.

Guild Name - F. I . F . O - Family in , Family Out
    Number of Members - 55
    Peak TimeZone of play 5-12pm central
    PvE v PvP split - mostly Pve. some PVP Done.
    Level of Guildhall Rank 4
    F.I.F.O - Family In Family Out
    PSN: aknifefight
  • rezolverezolve Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Hey, Trample would be interested in talking to you about a potential guild alliance.

Guild Name: Trample
    Number of Members: 130 (Active at peak times around 30)
    Peak Timezone: 6-11pm EST weekdays, weekends all over
    PVE v PVP Split: mostly PVE, very little PVP done
    Level of Guildhall: Rank 4

Would love to talk to you about this please add my PSN: Allinium

Thanks for your time,

Valdrath

Whats going on pal. saw your post and thought it might be good to get an alliance going before they start.

Guild Name - F. I . F . O - Family in , Family Out
    Number of Members - 55
    Peak TimeZone of play 5-12pm central
    PvE v PvP split - mostly Pve. some PVP Done.
    Level of Guildhall Rank 4

As above, The next step is a basic meet and greet. I would like you to invite a non-guild alt of mine to your guild and I will do the same for you. Check out each others guild, see activity, ask questions, watch chat, whatever. For me, please invite Clerical Error@Zephyr-1010 as soon as you can. You can post an alt here for invite, or let me know in game.

rezolve said:

Hey, Trample would be interested in talking to you about a potential guild alliance.

Guild Name: Trample
    Number of Members: 130 (Active at peak times around 30)
    Peak Timezone: 6-11pm EST weekdays, weekends all over
    PVE v PVP Split: mostly PVE, very little PVP done
    Level of Guildhall: Rank 4

Would love to talk to you about this please add my PSN: Allinium

Thanks for your time,

Valdrath

Thank you for your interest. I don't like, or wish, to use PSN for the purpose of alliance recruitment. I prefer the forum and my wall as a way to keep a record of all contacts in one place.

As above, The next step is a basic meet and greet. I would like you to invite a non-guild alt of mine to your guild and I will do the same for you. Check out each others guild, see activity, ask questions, watch chat, whatever. For me, please invite The Alchemist@Zephyr-1010. You can post an alt here for invite, or let me know in game.

edited October 2016
    Ok that is fine, no worries. I wont be home until 620pm EST to give you info on an alt to invite. I will send you an invite around that time as well!
    zephyriah said:

peak time 1-8 pm PDT
    Best Regards

As above, The next step is a basic meet and greet. I would like you to invite a non-guild alt of mine to your guild and I will do the same for you. Check out each others guild, see activity, ask questions, watch chat, whatever. For me, please invite Nighthawk@Zephyr-1010. You can post an alt here for invite, or let me know in game.

I'll look around your guild and you can do the same, ask questions, see activity and then we each can make an informed decision. I look forward to meeting your guild.
    should i add you on psn? Anyway, ill send u a mail, in game, so you can let me know when you are online. I do have friends in your guild but id love to check it personally. Invite my alt Mercy@Renan_RXZ. My Main is Umbra@Renan_RXZ.
    Thanks for the consideration
    See you soon

zephyriah said:

peak time 1-8 pm PDT
    Best Regards

should i add you on psn? Anyway, ill send u a mail, in game, so you can let me know when you are online. I do have friends in your guild but id love to check it personally. Invite my alt Mercy@Renan_RXZ. My Main is Umbra@Renan_RXZ.
    Thanks for the consideration
    See you soon
    Invite sent. Due to how close we are to level cap(140 or so) and others visiting to check out alliance, your visit could be cut short (kicked). Ask for another invite if that occurs.

i just sent the inv to Envy, let me know if u didnt get it. Cya

Guild name: Wiping as Intended

GH level 6 as we are speaking

Early game we were strictly pve players but due to the repetetive game concept we built strong admiration for pvp. Players in the guild plays both pve and pvp.

Players are mostly active arround 11 am PDT.

We are mature players and people.

For more info feel free to leave a comment.

Best regards

Not sure how often you check your wall, so posting here also. If you have everything you need, we are ready to offer you a slot in the alliance. Let me know as soon as possible if you accept.
    Sent you a guild invite to Trample. Please add Aekold Helbrass@Allinium which is my alt
    rezolve said:

Sent you a guild invite to Trample. Please add Aekold Helbrass@Allinium which is my alt

Invite sent. If you get kicked before you are done checking, just ask for another.
    rezolve said:

I have finished my observations and wish to extend an invitation to Trample to join the alliance. Do what you need to do to decide and let me know as soon as you can.

As you know I got the invite and have finished my observations and wish to offer Envy an invitation to the alliance. Do what you need and let me know as soon as you can.
    zephyriah said:

rezolve said:

I have finished my observations and wish to extend an invitation to Trample to join the alliance. Do what you need to do to decide and let me know as soon as you can.
    Trample will be more then interested in joining the alliance and thanks for having us!
    rezolve said:

zephyriah said:

rezolve said:

Trample will be more then interested in joining the alliance and thanks for having us!
    Thank you and welcome. I will need to kick your alt later today, so if you wish to visit again do it soon. We are at 145 with 2 pending invites. Too close to cap.
  • fre1703#6697 fre1703 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    null
    Thanks for the spot we gladly take it.
    zephyriah said:

As you know I got the invite and have finished my observations and wish to offer Envy an invitation to the alliance. Do what you need and let me know as soon as you can.
    Envy will be glad to join the Alliance,
    Ty zephyr.

zephyriah said:

Envy will be glad to join the Alliance,
    Ty zephyr.
    Thank you. I will need to kick your alt tonight so last chance for any looking. Please check this thread on Sunday for information and some planning information.

null

Thanks for the spot we gladly take it.

Welcome, check this thread Sunday for planning information and needs.