test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new free pet; discuss

dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
did we get that free pet for the gateway placation? (im patching) it any good?

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Yes. I don't know, mine is sitting in my bank. You only get 1, the package it comes in is bound to account, but when you open it, the companion is bound to the character that opens it. It also comes with a title - "Legendary Sword Coast Adventurer".
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Mine is still in my mail. My main's companion bag is full. From what I can see, it's a generic green throwaway. Seems to me, rather than a one-time, given the magnitude of the Gateway, they could have at least given it like a promo pack where we claim it from the claims agent account wide. Not sure I understand the stinginess.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    It puts me another 50th away from Squad Leader and looks cool, although it is not very remarkable otherwise. I didn't realize it came with a title. I like that better than the companion.
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    What is there to discuss. Mine is still in the mail and it will probably sit there forever.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,245 Arc User

It puts me another 50th away from Squad Leader and looks cool, although it is not very remarkable otherwise. I didn't realize it came with a title. I like that better than the companion.

What is the title? I have not opened mine.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

What is the title? I have not opened mine.
    "Legendary Sword Coast Adventurer" - as I stated above. I think I was more excited about the title than the pet. :/
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Account wide would have rocked but since it's not.

I put mine on a down the line alt to smash some baby dungeons. That's all that toon will ever be used for so it's nice to have the extra stats to finish a little bit quicker!!
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The odd thing is, even if it was account wide, it still wouldn't be used. The active stats are worthless. Still, it was free and the title is a nice additional (though not as creative as the "Caturday Survivor" title.

Since this is intended as compensation though, it would have been nice to get something that would actually be used....a free token that sits in the bag isn't much of a token. Perhaps make the bot a Potion slot item instead? I dont know.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User

Tthough not as creative as the "Caturday Survivor" title.

Alternative ideas for titles:
    • Gate Wayfarer
    • Power Dicer
    • Coastal Challenger
    • Inconsolable
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    I wondered how worthless augment companions are nowadays. I am actually happy for the free item, because some of my farmer alts have no bonding nor augments.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They didnt have to do anything, but since they were doing something, they couldve at least made it account wide.

I would prefer they did nothing honestly, then give what they did give.

• Options
    kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Myself when I see one of the noisy little guys I want to start the water to boil and find some butter.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    As some of you have stated, mine is also in the bank. I have 6 out of 8 characters and if I make a new one it might be given to #7, IF that ever occurs. I am too busy juggling 6 level 70's at present. Not an impressive reward or "Sorry we didn't care enough to update code to defend against bots. It just wasn't in the budget, anyway you people weren't using the Gateway. Who cares, oh look! Storm King's Thunder... did I tell you I am adding more mimics?".

They are basically an augment companion, they do not engage in combat at all; they can not be damaged and do not actually attack enemies. They augment your stats by sharing theirs. This means all the stats from bonus items and runes are directly applied to your character.

The guild I belong to a GWF member named his "Gateway of Despair" as homage to the late great SCA. I guess that is as good as anything else they may have given us. After all, they could have just as easily given us nothing at all.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    One of my alts didn't have an argument or bonding pet so, well, now he does.

It was free, it works, makes a nice clattery noise, and is better than a punch in the face.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,245 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

It was free, it works, makes a nice clattery noise, and is better than a punch in the face.

I think you mean a punch in the face + a pet is better than a punch in the face without a pet.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User

jonkoca said:

I think you mean a punch in the face + a pet is better than a punch in the face without a pet.
    HA! Exactly how I look at it! Not being account unlocked is BS. I spent uncountable amounts of AD getting the perfect SCA team put together. So much wasted AD on purchasing and upgrading pets they could have at least made it so I can get the title and pet on all my characters.

I have the ioun ston of radiance for all my characters so this will most likely sit in my bank until they release a new class.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Some things to know:
    • The companion is mailed to your account.
    • It comes in an Account Bound container.
    • When opened, the Companion is placed in that character's inventory and becomes Bound to Character.

Here's a collage showing off the [Mini Apparatus of Gond].

(click for full view)

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    While I appreciate the gesture, I have to ask - is Regen even useful these days?
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    It's a nice gesture, but I still would have liked the pet / title as an account-bound option. I've already for a 70 of everything, and they all have decent pets, so this will, sadly just gather dust. :-/
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Not so happy only 1 rewarded per account.
  • Options
    manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    dodgo said:

did we get that free pet for the gateway placation? (im patching) it any good?

Weirdly I got the pet reward but my friend did not - any idea why that would be? Do you need to qualify for this or something?
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    The reason it may not be claimable account-wide could be related to how the Gateway logged in, rather than the client. They *did* want them to only go to people who used the Gateway in the last year.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

Weirdly I got the pet reward but my friend did not - any idea why that would be? Do you need to qualify for this or something?

If you've used the Gateway in the last year on an account, then this applied to you.
  • Options
    remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Would be awfully nice if they'd figure out some way to resurrect SCA, or anything really, to make those "dice" on the companions actually useful for something else. Would have to be console-compatible I'd imagine, as that seems to be their guiding principle now days...
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Im not buying any reason for not making the companion account-wide. I mean, they already have the account info, so you just flag it at the Reward vendor. Ta-da.

I certainly didn't use the Gateway on just one character - I did SCA on multiple toons, along with professions. Seems kinda chintzy to limit the reward to just one character.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

Im not buying any reason for not making the companion account-wide. I mean, they already have the account info, so you just flag it at the Reward vendor. Ta-da.

I certainly didn't use the Gateway on just one character - I did SCA on multiple toons, along with professions. Seems kinda chintzy to limit the reward to just one character.

I completely agree with all of this. The gateway was used account wide, the consolation prize would be account wide as well.

But I just cant find the energy to get worked over something like this once again. The pet, the situation, the lackluster effort to appease disgruntled players, all have me feeling simply...

• Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    remfdt said:

Would be awfully nice if they'd figure out some way to resurrect SCA, or anything really, to make those "dice" on the companions actually useful for something else. Would have to be console-compatible I'd imagine, as that seems to be their guiding principle now days...

What if we had some profession tasks where companions can help out as a worker or asset? Then the companion dice could influence the tier outcome of the task...
  • Options
    stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Sadly, the removal of the gateway was a kick in the HAMSTER. So I see a net loss overall.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF