test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jarek's AC Righteous PVE MOD 10/MOD 10B Guide (UPDATED on FEBRUARY 1ST 2017)

Comments

• Options
    lifeofrisklifeofrisk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Thanks for tests, maybe it's a bug.
  • Options
    candadianprincecandadianprince Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

Once this is done, my main goal I guess is mitigation, specifically astral shield. It looks like if I get recovery up higher I can have 100% up time on it. This wouldn't make me a tank like say an OP or GF, but it I think it would work, and if it doesn't, then the buff from empowered BTS will be my best friend.

That's ok. Be aware that mitigation can be provided in multiple ways both as a Divine Oracle and Anointed Champion.
    If done in the right way, you can extend your game experience to include and be competitive in PvP in the mid/long term, but this is a further option.
    If you look at the diagram from @putzboy78, your position is in the heal/thankiness area. The degree of mitigation is another important parameter: try to avoid focusing on a single power.
    To help you in the right way, you should do an effort and open a new dedicated thread because this post is to discuss the build from @jeffslider. When you show your cleric, try to use the same structure followed by @jeffslider and @putzboy78 in their build posts: it helps to capture the details.
    I'm sure your effort will be rewarded.
    as requested I made a different thread. Thanks for any help you and the DC community can do to help.

• Options
    jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User

Thanks for tests, maybe it's a bug.

Was busy the last few days so sorry for the late response and apparently it's 1.3% period so even with the stacks up, it will remain 1.3%. My guildie who tested it mentioned that to me as well.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Folks on preview did a bunch of testing to see what happens with base power. I think it's relatively in line with my experience on live (PC). Seems like people might find it useful in this thread.

For reference, below please find which elements contribute to the Mod 10 "Base Power" for DC Power Sharing (BoB w/ BF, WoL, AA).

The rule of thumb appears to be "if it has an icon by your portrait, it doesn't count" with the additional (sad) exclusion of Augment companions.

DO Count Towards Power-Sharing "Base Power"
    • Passive Stat Campaign Boons
    • SH Power Boon
    • Cool Resolve (IWD Boon)
    • Passive Equipment Stats
    • Healer's Lore Offhand Bonus
    • Insignia Stats
    • Mount Passive Bonus Stat (ex. +power from Guard Drake)
    • Companion Active Bonus Stat (ex. +power from Sellsword)
    • Assassin's Covenant (M10 Insignia Bonus)
    • Berserker's Rage (M10 Insignia Bonus)
    DO NOT Count Towards Power-Sharing "Base Power"
    • Ring of Brutality (neither on player nor on companion)
    • Ring of Rising Power
    • Twisted Weapon Set Bonus
    • Rampaging Madness (Dread Ring Boon)
    • Elvish Fury (Sharandar Boon)
    • Companion's Gift (Bonding Runestone Stat Bonus)
    • Augment Companion Stat Bonus
    • Protector's Camaraderie / Friendship Insignia Bonus
    • OP Aura Gifts (they just sum together but don't interact)
    • Eldritch Runestone in Defense Slot Stat Bonus
    • Companion Legendary Active Bonus (+15% stats does not count towards your base power, but it does appear that the legendary stat bonus is calculated from the companion's buffed power stat, including any power buffs you are putting out)
    Misc Tips & Tidbits(not rigorously tested in a manner like the above)
    • When multiple DCs are present, BoB w/ BF and AA appear to work on a "most recently applied" basis, instead of stacking. WoL from different DCs appears to sum together, but doesn't interact
    • Power buff does not affect Augment Companions
    • Power buff does affect Bonding Companions, which then can pass the amplified effect back to the owner. If the owner has a Legendary Active, that also benefits from the power buff (+15% passed back to owner)
    • If you didn't scrap / donate that old personalized adamant ring, it's actually great until we unlock Fangbreaker rings some time in 2018. Or make a new one, prices on the AH have gone down since you last looked.
    • I haven't been able to pin down exactly how Assassin's Covenant is calculated. Subjectively, the effect seems to be based on some analogous "base defense". I also suspect it's responsible for some small (1-3 %) vibrations in power in certain settings, although I can't think of what effect would cause that to happen. It's also extremely possible I'm just confused and wrong about this.
    Source: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1218468/mod-10-dc-changes/p1

I've tried my best to be accurate, but please forgive and notify me if I got something wrong and I'll be happy to update.
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I add the mount bonus. If a (at least epic) mount gives you power (usually +2000), that counts towards Power-Sharing "Base Power".
    [EDIT]
    If you have an active legendary pets, the owner gets +15% from the "base" companion power and not +15% from the buffed companion power: this a bit tricky to test because you can only check it indirectly. That's why I'm not 100% sure about it, but - let's say - confident that it works in that way.
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    markymarc1337#2199 markymarc1337 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    really awesome build i was wondering about rotation. I lvled up my cleric 2 days ago and im working on the best rotation (im playing with a gf in premade always)(on xbox) for boss i use :

-HG, AS, DG, 3xD.bts, Ebts, BoB and than he cast itf , im not sure if its the best rotation to optimize my buff

I havent work on thrash mobs rotation yet but probably something around AA,chains,DG if you have any advice that would be awesome :)

Thanks a lot for taking time to share your knowledge of the class it really help me out ! cheers
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Companion's Legendary Bonus is based on Companion's buffed Power.
  • Options

That's more consistent with what I'm seeing, and the math works out much better if you run it this way vs. assuming only the companion's base stats are shared (base stats are so minuscule compared to the buffs that they're almost negligible when taken at 15%). To clarify, this would only work with non-augment companions (as far as I can tell, augments are not affected by the power sharing buff).
    rapo973 said:

I add the mount bonus. If a (at least epic) mount gives you power (usually +2000), that counts towards Power-Sharing "Base Power".

Thank you for the callout, I've updated my post to reflect this. I haven't been able to independently verify because I don't have a +power mount, but it's consistent with the "rule of thumb" above too so I'm going to call it confirmed.

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Checked back my test case: you're right. Don't know why I was sure it isn't buffed.
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    nice update
    i switched to rightous as well, the daily grind of campaign and guild is too much for a healer.

what your rotation in PVP?
    i still use Astral shield and BoH some time
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    i use divine BtS, FF, and DG. DG for heals, BtS and FF both have a cc effect (no where near as potent as the cc classes but it can help.... i die a lot :)
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Bts, BoH, AS. CC/kill target, heal when needed, stay in circle.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I used my GF with a pure plague fire enchant to test the debuff effect of the enchant.
    The result is 9% debuff for full stacks for both myself and my summoned companion, which is different from the OP's claim. I also noticed some values like 3% or 6% which is expected due to the stack changing.

What I did is simple. My guardian fighter only used at-will crushing surge on dummies. From the in-game log, I calculated ratios of the damage numbers in and out of the parentheses for both me and my summoned companion.

Might be that they fixed the 1.3% debuff bug?

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options

I used my GF with a pure plague fire enchant to test the debuff effect of the enchant.
    The result is 9% debuff for full stacks for both myself and my summoned companion, which is different from the OP's claim. I also noticed some values like 3% or 6% which is expected due to the stack changing.

What I did is simple. My guardian fighter only used at-will crushing surge on dummies. From the in-game log, I calculated ratios of the damage numbers in and out of the parentheses for both me and my summoned companion.

Might be that they fixed the 1.3% debuff bug?

PF is mitigated 3 times, at max stacks it give 9% if the target without DR, if the target has 60% DR, PF gives 9%*0.4=3.6%, if the target is lvl 73 mob with another layer of DR, PF gives 9*0.3=2.7%. Trans PF gives another layer of unmitigated debuff of 2%, so at the worst case trans PF still gives a total of 4.7% at max stacks, still better than most enchant except P/T. Dread.
  • Options
    jazzfong said:

if the target is lvl 73 mob with another layer of DR, PF gives 9*0.3=2.7%. Trans PF gives another layer of unmitigated debuff of 2%, so at the worst case trans PF still gives a total of 4.7% at max stacks

Both claims I heard for the first time. Are you sure about that, especially for the trans PF?
    However, Elf, I made my post due to the ninja nerf claim posted by OP.

Join the Greycloaks

• Options

jazzfong said:

if the target is lvl 73 mob with another layer of DR, PF gives 9*0.3=2.7%. Trans PF gives another layer of unmitigated debuff of 2%, so at the worst case trans PF still gives a total of 4.7% at max stacks

Both claims I heard for the first time. Are you sure about that, especially for the trans PF?

It is not a ninja nerf, it always exist but no one tested it one by one accurately until fab and michela do so. You can check more info on debuffs in fab's cw guide, but to sum it up, at normal situation where everyone having 60% arp, unmitigated and single mitigated debuffs give flat boost (trans PF hidden debuff, frost etc), while double/triple mitigated debuff only deals 40% of its original debuff ( PF 3% per stack becomes 1.2% per stack). For triple mitigated debuff only, if the target is lvl 73 mob (high level content like CN etc), and extra penalty of 25% is applied, so as an example the debuff for PF becomes 3%*0.4*0.75=0.9% per stack when facing elite mobs in CN, FBI and tia etc. Hope this helped u.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

i use divine BtS, FF, and DG. DG for heals, BtS and FF both have a cc effect (no where near as potent as the cc classes but it can help.... i die a lot :)

I have played all dungeons, don't beat them but I have played them all, and have played in all the campaigns except the new one that just came out.

I have no issues with dying a lot as you state. The times I go down in the dungeon is with a bad tank or if the group has to wipe.

Solo content I have no issues what so ever. I equip the Anointed Armor as a personal and barely get hurt.

As for gear I am working on trying to get the Imperial Neck as I already picked up the waist.

My IL is a bit over 2500 and I do ok for the most part.

I like this build but tweaked it a bit. I don't have to much issues with building up AP. I removed the feat that was associated with using dailies and placed those 5 feat points into the feat to do more damage. That has improved my time significantly for my solo, around a 25% time reduction.

• Options
    jazzfong said:

jazzfong said:

It is not a ninja nerf, it always exist but no one tested it one by one accurately until fab and michela do so. You can check more info on debuffs in fab's cw guide, but to sum it up, at normal situation where everyone having 60% arp, unmitigated and single mitigated debuffs give flat boost (trans PF hidden debuff, frost etc), while double/triple mitigated debuff only deals 40% of its original debuff ( PF 3% per stack becomes 1.2% per stack). For triple mitigated debuff only, if the target is lvl 73 mob (high level content like CN etc), and extra penalty of 25% is applied, so as an example the debuff for PF becomes 3%*0.4*0.75=0.9% per stack when facing elite mobs in CN, FBI and tia etc. Hope this helped u.
    Thanks for the explanation. I also read the part in fab's guide. It sounds that Devs has totally messed up their code. Anyway, it is nice to know that there are mitigated debuffs.

Join the Greycloaks

• Options
    devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I know you didn't pick the boon "burning guidance" (opting for endless consumption instead), but was wondering if you knew if divine glow was able to proc this boon, and if the 2000 damage could be increased by our buffs at all?
  • Options
    kacsanwkacsanw Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Transcendent Bronzewood gives a 5% increase in dmg to your allies while Pure Frost & Transcendent Frost gives a 7% increase. My only knock on these enchantments are the bad uptimes. Trans Bronzewood is basically a 50% uptime while Pure & Frost, if the tooltip is correct, it only lasts 4 secs and occurs once every 20 seconds.

Just a quick note on Bronzewood. The 20sec CD counts on the same target - you can not re-mark the same target for 20sec. So for boss-es and mobs lasts 20sec+ to kill it is 50% uptime. For trash groups it's close to 100%.
  • Options

I know you didn't pick the boon "burning guidance" (opting for endless consumption instead), but was wondering if you knew if divine glow was able to proc this boon, and if the 2000 damage could be increased by our buffs at all?

I should check this out myself to make sure. I usually see those type of boons keep a flat number of dmg but I can't remember for certain.
    kacsanw said:

Transcendent Bronzewood gives a 5% increase in dmg to your allies while Pure Frost & Transcendent Frost gives a 7% increase. My only knock on these enchantments are the bad uptimes. Trans Bronzewood is basically a 50% uptime while Pure & Frost, if the tooltip is correct, it only lasts 4 secs and occurs once every 20 seconds.

Just a quick note on Bronzewood. The 20sec CD counts on the same target - you can not re-mark the same target for 20sec. So for boss-es and mobs lasts 20sec+ to kill it is 50% uptime. For trash groups it's close to 100%.
    Well you're right on that second part. I just think for a bigger picture here and in the big picture, it still has a 50% up time on your boss battles in dungeons which are the most important fights hence why I don't like it that much but it's still a good option as I listed it regardless.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    dupeks said:

Folks on preview did a bunch of testing to see what happens with base power. I think it's relatively in line with my experience on live (PC). Seems like people might find it useful in this thread.

For reference, below please find which elements contribute to the Mod 10 "Base Power" for DC Power Sharing (BoB w/ BF, WoL, AA).

The rule of thumb appears to be "if it has an icon by your portrait, it doesn't count" with the additional (sad) exclusion of Augment companions.

• SH Power Boon
    • Insignia Stats
    Companion Legendary Active Bonus (+15% stats does not count towards your base power, but it does appear that the legendary stat bonus is calculated from the companion's buffed power stat, including any power buffs you are putting out)
    I see that power shared via your companion bonus cannot be shared to your group, but it got me thinking about assassin's covenant.

Assassin's Covenant (1 Regal, 2 Enlightened) You lose 10% of your Defense, Deflection, and Life Steal, and gain the combination of lost stats as Power.

So you mention that the power gained from this bonus can be shared. So if you used a defense heavy companion with defensive stats, could we get some sharable power from companion bonus using this insignia bonus? Since the companion bonus is not giving us "power" but rather defense which we are then converting to power (via insignia bonus) I feel like perhaps that would be sharable?

I'm thinking of perhaps stacking defense/life steal on myself, with the above defensive companion (is there a companion that has 3 defense slots for bonding stones and 3 ring slots for sudden deflect, sudden defence, sudden lifesteal?

I'm not sure exactly how that would all add up (since, even if this all worked, we would only be getting 10% power from all this defense/deflect/lifesteal) or if it would be worth losing offensive stats from offensive companions, but was a thought in my head. If you could stack 6 defensive slotted black ice (840 x 6 = 5040) into the 3 sudden rings (12000 each when procced for total 36000) + rank 12 bonding runestones x 3 (2520 defense) = 43560 total stats. 300% of that with legendary companion = 130,680. So 13,680 power from companion that could be sharable?

Anyone with this insignia bonus able to take a look? (I'm on PS4 so cant check myself though am planning for the future).

Post edited by devlin#3775 on
  • Options
    edited October 2016

dupeks said:

• SH Power Boon
    • Insignia Stats
    Companion Legendary Active Bonus (+15% stats does not count towards your base power, but it does appear that the legendary stat bonus is calculated from the companion's buffed power stat, including any power buffs you are putting out)
    I see that power shared via your companion bonus cannot be shared to your group, but it got me thinking about assassin's covenant.

Assassin's Covenant (1 Regal, 2 Enlightened) You lose 10% of your Defense, Deflection, and Life Steal, and gain the combination of lost stats as Power.

So you mention that the power gained from this bonus can be shared. So if you used a defense heavy companion with defensive stats, could we get some sharable power from companion bonus using this insignia bonus? Since the companion bonus is not giving us "power" but rather defense which we are then converting to power (via insignia bonus) I feel like perhaps that would be sharable?

I'm thinking of perhaps stacking defense/life steal on myself, with the above defensive companion (is there a companion that has 3 defense slots for bonding stones and 3 ring slots for sudden deflect, sudden defence, sudden lifesteal?

I'm not sure exactly how that would all add up (since, even if this all worked, we would only be getting 10% power from all this defense/deflect/lifesteal) or if it would be worth losing offensive stats from offensive companions, but was a thought in my head. If you could stack 6 defensive slotted black ice (840 x 6 = 5040) into the 3 sudden rings (12000 each when procced for total 36000) + rank 12 bonding runestones x 3 (2520 defense) = 43560 total stats. 300% of that with legendary companion = 130,680. So 13,680 power from companion that could be sharable?

Anyone with this insignia bonus able to take a look? (I'm on PS4 so cant check myself though am planning for the future).

So I've tried to test this a couple different ways and I can't seem to get my numbers to add up. The Assassin's Covenant bonus appears to be over-performing by a couple percentage points, and it's more than would be caused by rounding error.

That said, I believe it's based on an analogous "base" defense rather than your fully buffed defense. In my experience, defense gained from companion's gift and certain other buffs doesn't appear to count (and that's good, otherwise another feedback loop would be possible with a different insignia bonus).

I don't really want to spend a whole lot of time digging into this right now, since the new lead designer mentioned more DC rework on the way (read: tremendous mess incoming, much retesting will be necessary afterwards).
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    dupeks said:

I don't really want to spend a whole lot of time digging into this right now, since the new lead designer mentioned more DC rework on the way (read: tremendous mess incoming, much retesting will be necessary afterwards).

Feel like the whole DC min/max community is basically with you (or should be anyway) on this one. No logical sense in continuing to test thinks in an effort to seek maximum optimizations when it's very likely everything will be changing very soon.

Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • Options
    Oh for sure. If I was in your position I'd feel the same way. But as I'm on PS4, I gotta build toward something :) so just trying to figure out what the best would be (for now at least)

I see your tests dupeks and definitely trust your findings. Just curious if you tested specifically with a companion rocking defensive enchantments/bonding stones?
  • Options

dupeks said:

Feel like the whole DC min/max community is basically with you (or should be anyway) on this one. No logical sense in continuing to test thinks in an effort to seek maximum optimizations when it's very likely everything will be changing very soon.

I agree, I wouldn't push into extensive testings when changes are supposed to come soon. I'm actually planning to make any updates to this guide when Mod 10B comes which I got notes on already, but really won't implement them until that mod 10b day comes.
  • Options

Oh for sure. If I was in your position I'd feel the same way. But as I'm on PS4, I gotta build toward something :) so just trying to figure out what the best would be (for now at least)

I see your tests dupeks and definitely trust your findings. Just curious if you tested specifically with a companion rocking defensive enchantments/bonding stones?

I tested with 3x r12 bonding stones in a sellsword, a rust monster, a shadow demon, and a paranoid delusion. I tested with stone of might and stone of allure augments with a variety of runestones.

I tested defensive stacking with various azures and brutals ranks 10-12 on my person and companions.

But yeah we'll see what changes are coming... The builds that are here are all pretty good. And the nice thing is that outside of stacking power for the crazy sharing builds, DCs can be less gear-dependent than other classes.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    dupeks said:

I tested with 3x r12 bonding stones in a sellsword, a rust monster, a shadow demon, and a paranoid delusion. I tested with stone of might and stone of allure augments with a variety of runestones.

I tested defensive stacking with various azures and brutals ranks 10-12 on my person and companions.

But yeah we'll see what changes are coming... The builds that are here are all pretty good. And the nice thing is that outside of stacking power for the crazy sharing builds, DCs can be less gear-dependent than other classes.
    Oh wow. Ok you REALLY went above and beyond on testing this. Thanks for responding!
  • Options
    kiralyn#5260 kiralyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can someone recommend an active companion on ps4? We can't get the ambush Drake yet. ;)
  • Options

Can someone recommend an active companion on ps4? We can't get the ambush Drake yet. ;)

Sellsword for 400 extra base power and a 10% debuff (support) but i prefer Con artist with 3 ring slots for underdark rings. Solo wise, use shadow demon for more dps, it deals 40% to 60% of your personal dps depending on its stat. Dancing Shield for more debuff, but it will draw aggro.