test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 10 PvE Righteous Divine Oracle Devoted cleric buffing guide (video only!)

diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
edited October 2016 in The Temple
I am trying this as an experiment. The first DC guide with no text at all. It's a quite long endeavor and I'm far from done, but I will update this post when new content is ready. Let me know what you liked or disliked about the format or the content itself in this thread. Discussions are also welcome. Videos should be short so that you don't have to watch it all at once.

1 - What is this channel?

https://youtu.be/GXfrQ5tiMOI

2 - PvE Devoted cleric Divine Oracle Righteous buffing build 1/2 : feats

https://youtu.be/xm9_xZ9XMPw

3 - PvE Devoted cleric Divine Oracle Righteous buffing build 2/2 : gear and stats

https://youtu.be/xvQELVTZGB0

4 - Let's talk about weapon and armour enchantments options.

https://youtu.be/Erqi6H_oleo

5 - Some thoughts on cleric spells, their interactions and their mechanics

https://youtu.be/ervJOrA-s2Q

6 - General thoughts on Anointed champion, suggested build and rotation

https://youtu.be/QZ1S6algr4o

7 - Devoted Cleric resources management in dungeons, divine oracle edition

https://youtu.be/Ik8D4Hyz2_s

8 - Devoted Cleric resources management, Anointed Champion edition

https://youtu.be/YGyntrS6duU

9 - Your everyday Castle Never run as an Anointed Faceroll Devoted Cleric

https://youtu.be/6ggVQkp1Q34

10 - Fangbreaker's Island in slow motion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCSAaYmntI

11 - Dungeon key changes and how to buff as a devoted cleric when farming dragons

https://youtu.be/UX3hvMkStZg

12 - Decision making as a buffer devoted cleric in raids: tiamat

https://youtu.be/H6SxR8zkAZE

13 - Tanks need not apply

https://youtu.be/J-C6AXQcX-k
Post edited by diogene0 on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    AC build:

1 - Anointed champion build part 1: Power sharing and AP gain mechanics

https://youtu.be/FeculUioNis

2 - Anointed champion build part 2: feats

https://youtu.be/DnaXyaaFSuw
    Post edited by diogene0 on
  • Options
    Maybe more?
  • Options
    Part 4 is now available.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    The debuff on vorp stacks dio, so it doesn't matter if the dps are using it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hey Dio, I'd like to request that you include a section on PvP. I wanted to pick your brain about it anyway, but if you can produce something for public consumption, so much the better.

In the process of watching what you've already uploaded.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2016

The debuff on vorp stacks dio, so it doesn't matter if the dps are using it.

Hm this is in the realm of almost untestable for me as the damage variation would be too small to yield any significant result in logs. I'm merely relying on observation, as I have never seen the debuff stacking twice on the debuff line. Maybe there's a visual bug. If I find 4 other people with pure vorpals+ willing to do some testing, this should be in the realm of testability.

Hey Dio, I'd like to request that you include a section on PvP. I wanted to pick your brain about it anyway, but if you can produce something for public consumption, so much the better.

In the process of watching what you've already uploaded.

PvP is an entirely different beast and I'm not sure I want to produce twice as many videos as I am right now. However I'm mentioning pvp in some content I have recorded today. This should be in the anointed champion video. However don't expect anything significant. I could do that once I'm done with PvE though, but getting relevant pvp footage is going to be a big issue, given the current state of domination, and given the fact that I lack some critical pieces of gear to carry pugs against premades. That being said, if i can get a trans elven somehow I could do something more interesting, as seeing me stunned for 7-10 minutes wouldn't show much about dc gameplay.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    diogene0 said:

... seeing me stunned for 7-10 minutes wouldn't show much about dc gameplay.

No? lol

I'm starting part 3, and I think the reason you didn't crit any dummies with Chains at first was because the power is bugged and won't crit if you're too far from the target. This came up during the HR class balancing, as Cordon of Arrows has the same bug. Not something where they've identified a cause yet.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    why 10% more healing on a righteous character?
  • Options
    solbergx said:

why 10% more healing on a righteous character?

There was no worthy righteous feat i wanted to take and I didn't have enough points left for something meaningful in faithful or virtuous.
  • Options
    how about righteous suffering?
  • Options
    solbergx said:

how about righteous suffering?

I believe that my reasoning in the video still stands, taking damage with high prophet isn't an option. Besides this isn't a solo build, this is group oriented, and my damage is meaningless anyway as a buffer.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    If what you want its to buff only then you should be annoited champion and get some feats of the virtuous path like "battle fervor"

here is a good guide for buff / debuff pve DC
    http://mmominds.com/2016/07/20/jareks-ac-righteous-pve-mod-9-guide/
    Post edited by solbergx on
  • Options
    another buff debuff DC Annoited champion too, explains the use of high prophet
    http://mmominds.com/2016/04/21/mod8-pve-buffdebuff-dc/
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    solbergx said:

another buff debuff DC Annoited champion too, explains the use of high prophet
    http://mmominds.com/2016/04/21/mod8-pve-buffdebuff-dc/

Ignore that link, both outdated and inaccurate, and it doesnt explain how high prophet works. HP is 12% up to 30% dps boost depending on mob DR, and the guide's enchant section can be skipped.
  • Options
    solbergx said:

If what you want its to buff only then you should be annoited champion and get some feats of the virtuous path like "battle fervor"

here is a good guide for buff / debuff pve DC

http://mmominds.com/2016/07/20/jareks-ac-righteous-pve-mod-9-guide/

Battle fervor is insignificant as a buff and dramatically limits options in terms of active companion and gameplay. I do have an AC build planned for release, but in terms of buffing, any AC build is strictly inferior to divine oracle. I have something planned for release soon on that topic.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I used the 10% increased healing for awhile as it gave me some more flexibility to cover clutch healing if required. As my ilvl got hire i removed it. It's mostly a personal taste and if you know the groups you regularly run with need it, it's not a bad option to have until you increase your heals through stats.

You can see I linked that build back in November last year. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1206996/3-different-righteous-builds-i-have-found-please-comment/p1?sso=eyJ1bmlxdWVpZCI6Ijk5MzcwNzAwIiwibmFtZSI6InB1dHpib3k3OCIsImVtYWlsIjoicHV0emJveTc4QHlhaG9vLmNvbSIsInBob3RvdXJsIjoiaHR0cDpcL1wvaW1hZ2VzLWNkbi5wZXJmZWN0d29ybGQuY29tXC9hcmNcLzVkXC8yM1wvNWQyMzQ2NjUwZWU0MjkyZmZhYWY2OTM2ZGE5ZDYwMTAxNDYxNzM1NDQ2LmpwZyIsInJvbGVzIjoiTWVtYmVyLG53cHZwYWxwaGFwbGF5ZXIsTlcgTTkgUGxheXRlc3QiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0%3D+70f6dd9119b67257dcab8c65b9ade31c1cbee3f7+1474654439+hmacsha1
  • Options
    what about piercing light and fire of the gods? If you don't plan on making damage why do you suggest them?
  • Options
    solbergx said:

what about piercing light and fire of the gods? If you don't plan on making damage why do you suggest them?

Because like i said ten times in my video, fire of the gods is an instant trigger for bear your sins. Piercing light is a filler feat.
  • Options
    The 5th video is here. It's much longer than the other ones but I'm covering some big topic. The next video should be more specific about rotations and the one after that will be dedicated to annointed champion.
  • Options
    Not one but two new videos today, about resources management in group content.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    Concerning BF, 15% power buff is not a big amount, but it's not irrelevant if it buffs a companion with b.runestones, including yours. This is situational and it's just a matter of choices.
    I also exptect that the power buff interactions will be reviewed by the incoming DC "class balance" process. In this case it makes sense to move faithful as the secondary path. Anyhow, I would like to know if the DC is reviewed in depth as the SW-GF were or if it's just bunch of tweaks/nerfs here and there.
    There's a risk that what we know about the DC (and the effort to reach a good level of knowledge) will be outdated in seconds after the review.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    historically its always been nerfs, with the exception of the introduction of righteous. That's why if you look back at old builds you will still see HG, AS, DG, BoH as mainstays. The biggest differences has been the move off of sacred flame (used to make a big difference for dinvity gain and the rise of the power buffers (we didn't have enough power to make it viable really until bonding became a thing and the huge power creep in the game with mounts and guild boons). Many of the bugs that exist for DC now have existed since the start of the game.
  • Options
    putzboy78 said:

historically its always been nerfs, with the exception of the introduction of righteous. That's why if you look back at old builds you will still see HG, AS, DG, BoH as mainstays. The biggest differences has been the move off of sacred flame (used to make a big difference for dinvity gain and the rise of the power buffers (we didn't have enough power to make it viable really until bonding became a thing and the huge power creep in the game with mounts and guild boons). Many of the bugs that exist for DC now have existed since the start of the game.

I'd argue that mod 6 has been a big buff to the DC class overall. While the beta DC was strong, the mod 6 was is borderline game breaking. There's so much cheesing in our hands that the game is completely trivial with us in a team.

Which is one of the topics I'm covering in today's video, along with other general tips I've learnt over the years.
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I enjoyed these videos and appreciate the time and testing it took to put them together. That said your segment on Annointed Champion was rather laughable. Of course DO will be better at buffing than AC if you don't take any buff/debuff feats from the righteous path. You basically previewed an atypical power share build and called it a DPS/buff build and compared it to a real DPS/buff DO build.

I run a true High Crit DPS/ Buff AC with Power Share. I run almost all the same feats as the DO build with exception to putting 10 points in Virtuos to pick up Battle Fervor. I proc all the same buffs as a DO while dealing a ton of DPS. The only section of the game I feel the DO provides more team buffing than an AC is during boss fights where you can run Prophecy of Doom, Divine Glow, eBtS, HG. I'll run Chains or Daunting Light in place of PoD, and AA over HG. I'll give the advantage of buffs to DO in this area only, but for trash clearing, solo play, high Personal DPS I just can't see Terrifying Insight (20% damage buff) and PoD (17.5% damage buff) trumping 40,000+ power shared, the equivalent of Fox's Cunning, and a free encounter spot to run a nuke like Daunting Light or Chains.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I haven't had a DO beat me yet in any aspect of the game in its current form on Xbox. (That may change for us in 2 weeks) I've also never had anyone complain about the speed of our runs as if I were not adequately buffing them. To the contrary I've heard phrases like "that's disgusting", "Omg!" , "how are you in 2nd place on Paingiver!", "The cleric just nuked red dragon... Stop giving him Frey!" Lol. Of course I'm just teasing with these accolades I'm sure there's a lot of good clerics out there but to post a horrible AC build to support your DO is better is a bit unfair.

I would/will go DO if someone wants to prove in game it's the better path. Not just on paper or theoretically.
  • Options
    For buffing i guess its better the AC, all guides i have read explain if you wan to go DPS its DO, and if you want to buff then its AC.
    You are free to use whatever you want, but creating a guide or build requires too much knowledge for me!!

• Options
    edited October 2016
    nickjdowe said:

I enjoyed these videos and appreciate the time and testing it took to put them together. That said your segment on Annointed Champion was rather laughable. Of course DO will be better at buffing than AC if you don't take any buff/debuff feats from the righteous path. You basically previewed an atypical power share build and called it a DPS/buff build and compared it to a real DPS/buff DO build.

I run a true High Crit DPS/ Buff AC with Power Share. I run almost all the same feats as the DO build with exception to putting 10 points in Virtuos to pick up Battle Fervor. I proc all the same buffs as a DO while dealing a ton of DPS. The only section of the game I feel the DO provides more team buffing than an AC is during boss fights where you can run Prophecy of Doom, Divine Glow, eBtS, HG. I'll run Chains or Daunting Light in place of PoD, and AA over HG. I'll give the advantage of buffs to DO in this area only, but for trash clearing, solo play, high Personal DPS I just can't see Terrifying Insight (20% damage buff) and PoD (17.5% damage buff) trumping 40,000+ power shared, the equivalent of Fox's Cunning, and a free encounter spot to run a nuke like Daunting Light or Chains.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I haven't had a DO beat me yet in any aspect of the game in its current form on Xbox. (That may change for us in 2 weeks) I've also never had anyone complain about the speed of our runs as if I were not adequately buffing them. To the contrary I've heard phrases like "that's disgusting", "Omg!" , "how are you in 2nd place on Paingiver!", "The cleric just nuked red dragon... Stop giving him Frey!" Lol. Of course I'm just teasing with these accolades I'm sure there's a lot of good clerics out there but to post a horrible AC build to support your DO is better is a bit unfair.

I would/will go DO if someone wants to prove in game it's the better path. Not just on paper or theoretically.

All this is indeed interesting. AC makes indeed faster trash clears due to the relevancy of AP gain builds, using all the broken stuff i'm testing right now. I'm not too far but it's already ugly. I did say that AC was better for trash clearing in one video (AC resources management iirc). There's no doubt about it. As DO you can't spam HG that often because of the CD and because wasting 20k stats on recovery is a bit annoying when you're really benefiting from it once every 15s.

However, for speed boss kills DO wins hands down. First terrifying insight adds a nice dps boost to the DC and thus to the party. When I was DO I could be third damage in decent groups, and first or second in bad ones. Then HG is superior to AA in boss fights so unless you can stack both (and I'm actively trying to find a way for it) DO is more relevant for the fast boss kill. If the boss doesn't die before HG expires though it's not worth it. Finally, hastening light is often not worth it as it doesn't benefit most classes having high recovery or short CDs or relying on dots that don't stack (and that excludes quite a lot of classes), except GWFs, so that limits the relevancy of hastening light, except in tiamat maybe.

PoD also adds a nice 12.5% debuff with a 50/60% uptime depending on your recharge speed, so it's a maybe 8% effective debuff. In raid it's extremely valuable but in CN too on bosses. That being said, after testing an AC faceroll spec maybe both are good but in different context. AC excels at clearing trash and carrying the party due to the fact that mechanics can be ignored, but DO has access to an extra debuff that's relevant for less than 15-20s kills. I'd pick DO over AC any time in raids, due to their design, but AC is good for the good old dungeons. I'd also pick DO for FBI bosses burns, but since people need the AA carry then AA makes things faster overall, especially on giants.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    solbergx said:

For buffing i guess its better the AC, all guides i have read explain if you wan to go DPS its DO, and if you want to buff then its AC.
    You are free to use whatever you want, but creating a guide or build requires too much knowledge for me!!

I'm not relying on guesses but on experimentation and testing, on live and the preview server. I can assure you that for debuffing both specs excel but in different areas. DO does give faster boss burns, provided the party does not rely on exploiting SWs damage in the party, as SWs do not benefit from hallowed ground for their tyrannical curse. I've just spent 2h with a SW friend on preview testing all sorts of broken stuff, and so far, this is one of the interesting results.

That being said, DO is a better "burst" buffer and will add a tiny but not negligible dps to the burn, especially in a buff/debuff party. You can extend the burn to 30s if the DO uses the sigil of the devoted for instant HG cast when it expires.

AC provides extra benefits that aren't quantifiable like not moving out of telegraphs, but anyone claiming there's maths behind that speculation is an idiot that should never claim he's tested anything and the guide should be trashed immediately.

Now granted mine isn't perfect yet but it's also a learning experience for me and I'm naive enough to believe that the current point of view I express is much closer to what truly happens in group content. However I will admit shamelessly that my first videos aren't as relevant as the latest ones. A lot happened since then. More is happening right now, and more will happen later, so it will be refined with time. I'm still in the process of testing to make the ultimate AP monster generation DC and I'm already using some quite interesting undocumented features, because I want to see how far I can push AC before emitting a final judgement on the spec.
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    That's what I'm hearing too Dio, I'm actually geared out stat wise just like a DO build but running AC. I use the same amount of recovery as a DO (roughly 4K) but I run the gorgon, dc sigil, and spam chains. I do use hastening lite and I do notice the difference. I'm spamming chains in divinity, using eBtS, and then my encounters are back. I can get off back to back AA forever or 1AA + 1HG together for near 10 seconds but then I'm out of gas for a bit. When I do both its usually with a group that can boss melt during that rotations time span. Longer fights I can see a DO being miles better because once I'm done with that rotation I'm out of tricks. A DO if quick enough could keep both BtS and PoD up with HG out the entire time.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    nickjdowe said:

That's what I'm hearing too Dio, I'm actually geared out stat wise just like a DO build but running AC. I use the same amount of recovery as a DO (roughly 4K) but I run the gorgon, dc sigil, and spam chains. I do use hastening lite and I do notice the difference. I'm spamming chains in divinity, using eBtS, and then my encounters are back. I can get off back to back AA forever or 1AA + 1HG together for near 10 seconds but then I'm out of gas for a bit. When I do both its usually with a group that can boss melt during that rotations time span. Longer fights I can see a DO being miles better because once I'm done with that rotation I'm out of tricks. A DO if quick enough could keep both BtS and PoD up with HG out the entire time.

If you're really looking for shorter encounter cooldowns I'd recommend trying an INT+CHA build and full recovery on bondings pet. This is something I have not tested yet but in theory this should give much better results, perma PoD and much shorter HG cooldown, but then you'd be playing like an AC/DC with a DO spec and weird stats. I'm not quite sure it's viable yet as it's something that requires live testing and many runs with the same team for validation.

And TBH that would take a race reroll for stats and a complete gear change for valindra's belt and other stuff. We're looking at a 10M live test. I can't do that yet.
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I disagree with a lot of what's being said here. If you want to run a DO or an AC they are both viable options (something other classes do not get the choice of) but in your videos you mention BoB being bad, AC not being as good at Divinity gain, HG being better than AA, and in your comments here and the video you mention that DO is better at buffing for boss kills. None of these are true. Now I WILL say an AC build is a lot more reliant on gear so players that do not have very good gear will benefit more from being a DO. But once at BiS gear level, AC is the more optimal choice.

I'm not saying this to downplay all your hard work. I admire the work and effort you've gone through to put this togather especially at such a time in the current state of the game with a major DC rebalance/overhaul on the very near horizon (and once those changes hit more than likely most every current DC guide will need major reworking). But as an avid fan of all things Neverwinter DC related I felt the need to point out the misinformation.

I will admit that I don't like the fact that AC is better. I dislike being an AC, but feel compelled to run the most optimal build for my friends. I hope when they do get around to rebalancing the DC that they give me a good enough reason to come back to DO (and hopefully not by just nerfing AC power sharing into the ground like they did too the poor GF's ITF).
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy