test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] PvP Duo and Solo Queue Event

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
After the staggering amount of positive feedback from our PvP Solo Queue Event, we’re bringing it back – this time with the added duo queue option.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10177153-pvp-duo-queue-event-[9/29-10/6]

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    A lot of people are going to be very happy with a duo queue :) Personally I'm glad the solo queue is back again, I won't be using the duo queue myself but you can bet I'll be doing more solo queue matches, ty again :)
  • Options
    genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @strumslinger
    gl on your data gathering.

this has nothing to do with pvp but when i do throne of the dwarven gods skirmish i cant always open the chest. was wondering if this is on purpose to slow down the grind or a bug? was trying to farm it but i could not use my lesser keys always, half the time the box wouldn't let me open it.
  • Options

@strumslinger

this has nothing to do with pvp but when i do throne of the dwarven gods skirmish i cant always open the chest. was wondering if this is on purpose to slow down the grind or a bug? was trying to farm it but i could not use my lesser keys always, half the time the box wouldn't let me open it.

I ran into this problem when other people are by the box. I'm guessing they were in it and it wouldn't let me in yet? I just waited and was able to open it after they moved.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    This event will run from 9/29-10/6 where only those who have queued under solo or duo will be put into matches together. Does it mean people who use the solo queue and duo queue are into the same pool?

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

This event will run from 9/29-10/6 where only those who have queued under solo or duo will be put into matches together. Does it mean people who use the solo queue and duo queue are into the same pool?

They have to be, considering teams are composed of five players.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    scarabmanscarabman Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer
    By way of clarification, the event queue will allow groups of size 1 or 2 to queue up for it. For this run, there won't a be a solo-only option. The normal, existing queue will still be available. All pertinent rewards should also apply to the event queue.
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    But what if EVERYBODY queue as Duo?
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    is duo matched with solos? because if yes, that would be not much different from premade vs pugs. a single 4k player is game changing in a pug match, now 2x 4k in the same team is a instant lose.
  • Options
    vida44 said:

But what if EVERYBODY queue as Duo?

Jumpingmorks said he wouldn't, so we just need one more odd player out at the same time, and some teams will be able to form. >:)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    ok guys you were all asking for this, so we finally got it, i'm buying rosegold rings this week, and i'm testing solo queue myself!!!
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    As much as I liked solo queue, I won't queue for this one. Simple reason: Do not mix different team sizes. It's why the solo queue was requested in the first place, so why it is done again is beyond me.

Thumbs down, nothing to gain here. Hopefully many pug solos are queued against pro duos and this option gets destroyed.​​
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User

They have to be, considering teams are composed of five players.
    Yeah, very true. I missed that.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User

@strumslinger

I ran into this problem when other people are by the box. I'm guessing they were in it and it wouldn't let me in yet? I just waited and was able to open it after they moved.
    problem fixed. all i had to do was leave the instance, now i can loot box everytime.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Bad idea. All it takes is one paladin/DC duo to make a match a complete waste of time. There's no point in any reduced queue numbers larger than one.
  • Options
    Call me crazy ("you're crazy"), but I would expect that a major component of what they want to gather data on in this case is whether they get more participants who just want a chance to play with a friend (but normally can't because they get stomped by premades even worse than using the normal queue solo) vs. troll pairings.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I find this a bit more dubious, but it has got to be better than 5 man pre-mades. As it is, I'm very close to re-speccing for PVE again. I hope they decide on a permanent new mode soon.... That is the purpose of this "data collecting", correct??
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

Bad idea. All it takes is one paladin/DC duo to make a match a complete waste of time. There's no point in any reduced queue numbers larger than one.

Yeah exactly my thoughts. As i know this PVP community trollmades will be formed by various PUGstumpers.

Since SOLO has disappeared from Q i see a high increase in drain usage by various persons and guilds.

Not much to gather here, bring back SOLO as first step.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    triflentriflen Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I would be much more excited about 2 on 2 matches then a thought of 2 duos and a solo. That's my two cents because me and my real life... girlfriend (yes i am honestly not lying about that lol) both play neverwinter and would find it enjoyable to get some skill in working together as a duo. May even have us inclined to start chars specifically for a dynamic duo together. For all you money grubbing devs out there.. may prove as an incentive to create such a playground. I know its a pipe dream but that is my 2 cents.
  • Options
    azraelreiasazraelreias Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I see no point on these queue events, what happened was that the top pvp players r queuing for that (top players always rush insanely every new stuff). U can just sync this with your very strong bro at voice chat. What happened was "pre-mades anyway" running at the solo queue. Do u guys collect info from who posts here? I'm afraid these very p2w players r posting this "many positive feedbacks".
    Talking about herd, if that so, money still rules.
    Maybe another approach is needed, its been a long time u ARC r spending time and energy on the same thing, so far new lv70s cant play a ballanced pvp. Why dont u really invest on pvp? Like u invest on brand new and nice pve content. A map with a real open pvp, more stages for dom, more types of matches (why only dom?), skirmish, capture the flag, free for all and so on. Imagine an open pvp area at the existing maps that only who is at certain lv can fight! Imagine a brand new farming area with an open pvp! (real open without queue). Imagine the possibility to duel anyone anytime just right clicking the person and inv to fight now!
    About the queue system, why dont u categorize the pvp? Ligh to heavy weigths by item or tenacity lv and u can put the absolute weigth for who want the top. There's pleny of nice solutions, but u keep only investing in pve and pretending that u r doing some about pvp. Why? New pve content means new stuff to farm, new stuff to farm means more engagment makes the player more loyal and sometimes spend some money. Be creative, pvp is what made me play this game, I have a guild, I recruited tons of players in these 2 years of fun, u can have the best pvp of all games, just put some heart on that, cause, really, u r not.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User

By way of clarification, the event queue will allow groups of size 1 or 2 to queue up for it. For this run, there won't a be a solo-only option. The normal, existing queue will still be available. All pertinent rewards should also apply to the event queue.

Thanks for the clarification @bbascomdev though one thing... I'm not entirely sure that, when the community has asked for "duo" queue, if what the majority of people were REALLY asking for is partner queuing. I think the solo-queue as it was, is what people really want when it comes to the standard 5-person teams. For duo and trio queues, and even for single queue I think the real underlying ask is for the teams to be 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3, in addition to the standard 5v5. With EACH of those 4 options including a corresponding solo/premade version (obviously a 1v1 queue would be solo-queue only...).

When two person teams, it's still very possible that a two-person premade will be able to go happily pug stomping. Maybe not QUITE as badly as a 5-person premade, but 2 full BiS, GH 20 with full boons is generally worth 5 3K non-full SH boon characters in PvP (that's a generalization that ignores skill... but the massive gulf between FULL BiS and, say, 3.5K without SH boons is pretty massive).

I would love to see the next test be related to Item Level, with the inclusion of a way to prevent people from changing gear once in a match and where they're removed from the queue if their IL changes such that they no longer qualify for a given IL queue. This is IMPERATIVE to prevent people from queuing for low IL matches by removing gear, then simply gearing up once they get in the match.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    @strumslinger just adding my 2 cents: solo means solo.
    mixing soloers with duo parties makes absolutely no sense.
    I wont join this event.
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Full of 2 man BIS players sync queuing. This Duo que scks.

Bring back solo que and options for 1vs1 2vs2 and 3vs3 arena fights.

Or how many years are we stuck in Player VS Node VS Player???.

Fix solo matchamaking to true random, 10 people split to partys and not respecting guild or friend affiliations, make ques true rainbow only, no max 2 of class.

I dont care how you do it, just do it.

This Duo monstrosity has gotta go.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    Better than regular domination, not as good as Solo Queue

Would much prefer if the queue was kept solo only or group. For teams i think people should go in the normal queue
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    Solo > Duo and it's not even close. It all depends on whether the devs are able to tweak the matchmaking in a way that friends/guildies can't sync though.

The duo queue stinks because it makes syncing that much easier. Duo can be considered a fail.​​
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

loboguild said:

Solo > Duo and it's not even close. It all depends on whether the devs are able to tweak the matchmaking in a way that friends/guildies can't sync though.

The duo queue stinks because it makes syncing that much easier. Duo can be considered a fail.​​

how is that productive when u cant take ur friends into pvp ... omg.
    There's the group Queue for that. It defeats the purpose of a solo Queue.

It should be Solo or Group Queue, nothing else
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    metalldjt wrote: »
    how is that productive when u cant take ur friends into pvp ... omg.

C'mon dude, this argument is getting old and I don't believe that you don't get it. You either try to retain the status quo of premades or lack any sense of logic.

You can by the way queue with your friends through the normal queue or Gauntlgrym, just not in a competitive single player environment like the Leaderboard, which should exclusively be a solo queue for reasons stated in multiple threads over multiple months. Sorry pal, you're on your own just like everyone else.​​