test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Mod 10] Lia Knowles' GWF Destroyer DPS for PVE build.

Comments

• Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Well, well, well...Lia u selling your account:)?

https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/1013241-BIS-Great-Weapon-Fighter-51-toons-leadership-army-max

Is not Leggal perhaps?
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    What makes you think that is Lia? Baseless troll accusation.
  • Options
    cobriccobric Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Well, comparing two pictures, equipment, even stats on page 1 of this guide and on epicnpc.com you can see why anim3k would assume that. Event stats are +/- 3% difference and that is hard to achieve. Yea, everyone could take Lia guide and create same Female Human GWF build with 1000+ $, but who would make same appearance change for head piece, weapon, neck, etc?
    If this is truly Lia (sadly I also think it is) and as a GWF who follows his build I'm very sad that he wants to quit the game. Probably he had enough of Cryptic nerfs, and last one - taking Gateway offline - apparently was too much :( He has 51 characters and just manage Leadership with them manually without gateway would take over an hour or more per day.

If this is truly you Lia, take care and hope you can get at least something back from selling your account because I can imagine how much time and effort you invested in game itself and this guide. Farewell
    Post edited by cobric on
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the concern folks, while this is my account on that thread, with my bank, my gear and my personal bags, I was not the one posting the thread. I have a good guess towards who it was and how they got those pictures (they were all taken by me recently and shared with close friends for entirely different, personal reasons). As for me quitting the game, it's likely to happen very soon due to various reasons (one of them being my dying potato-computer, I'll have nothing to play on once it's gone and I'm forced to quit one way or another), yet I'm not selling my account. I'll try and get in contact with site admins to get the thread removed. On a side note, I'm a she, not a he.

Thanks again.

Edit: Got a hold of the person responsible, the post got removed to my request.
    Post edited by rinat114 on
  • Options
    shallisarshallisar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Glad to hear that you got that fixed Lia. Very sad to hear that you are still struggling with a potato-PC. Your build inspired me to try a "pure" dps class and I thank you for it.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Neverwinter would not be the same if it's "Leading Lady" was not in game.
  • Options
    scruffyforumscruffyforum Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    PS4 player here, thanks for the guide. Have been running this build since I made my GWF a little bit ago and only tweaked a tiny bit to fit my personal taste (went 3/3 weapony mastery, 2/3 devastating crit as I like the extra 1% crit which allowed me to add a little more ArPen to hit the 60%).

Like you, I refuse to go 3/3 Lostmauth because its not working as intended and the damn pieces never wanna drop!

Demo's belt and orcus wand still elude me, but they will be mine...soon.

I agree the Orc teeth look stupid, which is why I rolled half-elf. Aesthetics > min/maxing, plus, free 1% crit severity.

Great guide, great info and will recommend this guide to any friend rolling a GWF.
  • Options
    miltoswrlckmiltoswrlck Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Guys, what do you think of the new Relic / Headsman Armor? I think it deserves a try
  • Options

PS4 player here, thanks for the guide. Have been running this build since I made my GWF a little bit ago and only tweaked a tiny bit to fit my personal taste (went 3/3 weapony mastery, 2/3 devastating crit as I like the extra 1% crit which allowed me to add a little more ArPen to hit the 60%).

Like you, I refuse to go 3/3 Lostmauth because its not working as intended and the damn pieces never wanna drop!

Demo's belt and orcus wand still elude me, but they will be mine...soon.

I agree the Orc teeth look stupid, which is why I rolled half-elf. Aesthetics > min/maxing, plus, free 1% crit severity.

Great guide, great info and will recommend this guide to any friend rolling a GWF.

I'm pretty sure the Losty set DOES work as intended on PS4 as all PS4 content at the moment is post all major fixes on PC.

Thanks for your comment though :)

Guys, what do you think of the new Relic / Headsman Armor? I think it deserves a try

Hi, I just released a video with a snippet to the Mod 10 update, should be helpful with your question!

• Options
    missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Great guide for a super build. Thanks for keeping this updated. <3
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • Options
    scruffyforumscruffyforum Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Oh, it does? Hm, may have to persue it since it seems it'll be cheaper than the orcus set (artifact is stupid high on ps4 right now).

May still run after orcus set, who knows.
  • Options
    audioboxer#8681 audioboxer Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Lia, and everyone else, what is your opinion on plaguefire vs vorpal? Is vorpal just miles better or will a plaguefire enchant still work well?

Thanks (Ps4 user)
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Plague fire will not work for a GWF. Leave it to utility builds, you will do massively significant less damage. The % I do not know, but something like 60-70% less .

I might throw my trans plague on my gwf and do a 5 min rotation test,, just to see the difference.

• Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

Plague fire will not work for a GWF. Leave it to utility builds, you will do massively significant less damage. The % I do not know, but something like 60-70% less .

I might throw my trans plague on my gwf and do a 5 min rotation test,, just to see the difference.

Please do. Currently using Plague Fire.
  • Options
    Well it changes depending on how much crit you have though.. so if your near 100% your would see more of a drop off then if you were at 50% or lower.

What is your current crit rate?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Well it changes depending on how much crit you have though.. so if your near 100% your would see more of a drop off then if you were at 50% or lower.

What is your current crit rate?

Around 35%. I'm not focusing on crit and more of a balance with power, defense and recovery.
    I'll just keep using Plague Fire. I don't think any other enchantment will do me good. Other than Lifedrinker >.>
  • Options
    Feytouched is your go-to if you're using a power build, plague is fine if it's a low geared toon and you need something temporary and cheap, it used to be great for party content as well but that literally went out the window with the ninja nerf this mod, so you don't even give your party anything (unless you count less than 1%).
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Lol silver, switching from vorp to PF will never be more than a 28.5% dps loss, it might result on you being much lower in paingiver, but your actual dps will never reduce more than that and that is assuming you have 75% crit severity without vorp and 100% crit chance and you flat out just take the enchant off.
  • Options
    null
    rinat114 said:

Feytouched is your go-to if you're using a power build, plague is fine if it's a low geared toon and you need something temporary and cheap, it used to be great for party content as well but that literally went out the window with the ninja nerf this mod, so you don't even give your party anything (unless you count less than 1%).

Saving up AD. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Lol silver, switching from vorp to PF will never be more than a 28.5% dps loss, it might result on you being much lower in paingiver, but your actual dps will never reduce more than that and that is assuming you have 75% crit severity without vorp and 100% crit chance and you flat out just take the enchant off.

Well I have literally never tested the difference =P However, even if dps doesnt drop that much, the difference total damage is going to be much lower then 28.5% in any normal run.
  • Options
    mayday#2798 mayday Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Well I have literally never tested the difference =P However, even if dps doesnt drop that much, the difference total damage is going to be much lower then 28.5% in any normal run.
    it is not going to drop more then 28.5%, because this is what vorpal gives you in terms of DPS. perfect vorpal counts for no more then 28.5% of your DPS. for half-orcs with crit-severity companions and boons it is even less.
  • Options
    Not exactly accurate, your talking DPS output, not total damage done, those factors are not 100% related.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @rinat114 the relic set bonus works. (you aren't in game atm, so I am leaving this note here.)

Not exactly accurate, your talking DPS output, not total damage done, those factors are not 100% related.

Correct. Paingiver measures hitpoints removed not damage dealt. Whilst you would only lose 28.5% of your DPS, that would mean that relative to someone else, you removed 28.5% that they would then potentially gain more on paingiver while you are losing.

Say the opponent has 100k HP and you do 1k dps and that unslotting vorpal would lose you 25% of your dps (this is a theory situation.).

Say you are in a party with someone else who also does 1k dps. In theory, it should take you 100k/2k=50 seconds to kill the target. In theory you would each have 50k damage on paingiver. Now, lets say you did take off that vorpal. In theory, you lose 25% dps (due to situation we artificially creating.) but in practise, what paingiver will show is the following:

100k/1.75k= 57.1428571429 seconds. During that time, you will do 57.1428571429*750=42857.1428571 whilst they will record 57142.8571429.

57142.8571429/42857.1428571=1.33333333334, or it would look like you did 2/3rds of their damage, even though dps output wise, you only dealing 25% less.

But tbh, that only really matters if you are chasing paingiver.
  • Options
    rinat114 said:

@thefabricant works under what circumstances tho?

When I drank a potion of EF resist it worked.
  • Options

rinat114 said:

@thefabricant works under what circumstances tho?

When I drank a potion of EF resist it worked.
    That makes no sense per the tooltip, I'll talk to you tomorrow about it.
  • Options
    audioboxer#8681 audioboxer Member Posts: 34 Arc User

I thought so, thanks.

I'm levelling up a GF to help guild as is so either I'll use it on that class or try and sell it to make some AD to support this GF.
  • Options
    I just bought a lesser Feytouched and a Lightning Enchant (normal from lockbox) to give it a try.

I didn't see floating text "Lightning Weapon" and "Lightning Arc" unlike my HR, which the texts keeps popping up when I attack.

I'm not sure if Feytouched have floating texts to indicate that it procs on encounters. Since I don't see it, it's a big question mark there. Just "Bloodlust", "Paranoia" and other campaign proc boons.

If anyone knows that it actually works, please let me know so that I didn't waste up 200k AD for nothing.

• Options

I just bought a lesser Feytouched and a Lightning Enchant (normal from lockbox) to give it a try.

I didn't see floating text "Lightning Weapon" and "Lightning Arc" unlike my HR, which the texts keeps popping up when I attack.

I'm not sure if Feytouched have floating texts to indicate that it procs on encounters. Since I don't see it, it's a big question mark there. Just "Bloodlust", "Paranoia" and other campaign proc boons.

If anyone knows that it actually works, please let me know so that I didn't waste up 200k AD for nothing.

Feytouched has a buff on your buffbar, it's pinkish. As far as I remember it doesn't show anything special when it procs off 3 targets when it's trans but it does work.
  • Options
    rinat114 said:

Feytouched has a buff on your buffbar, it's pinkish. As far as I remember it doesn't show anything special when it procs off 3 targets when it's trans but it does work.
    Then, it didn't work when using lesser. I don't see any pinkish bar on my buffbar. Well, guess I'll settle for Vorpal. One more item in my bad purchase history list.
This discussion has been closed.