test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How am I supposed to deal with the Trickster Rogue

My Paladin's Oath is Devotion. I'm just sitting at my team's point in domination fully healed and fully buffed. Then all of a sudden I'm stunned and a Trickster Rogue is destroying me. I immediately start trying to pop my cleanse but he kills me so fast I don't even have enuff time to activate it. The entire thing was over in about 2 LITERAL seconds. How on earth am I supposed to counter or deal with something like that?...

Comments

• Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    You are a healer not a tank, to counter Shocking execution, theres only one way: Hit points, but based on what you say, seems like you are a low lvl player and you are mistaken trickster rogue with hunter ranger maybe.

First of all: Trickster's Shocking Execution: its a daily that ignores all kind of defenses. Theres no possible way to reduce the damage of this skill except absorbing the damage, which tank paladin can do easily with bind of oath encounter.
    Second: Hunter ranger's Plant Growth: this is a high damage encounter that roots you in place for 4 seconds but set you free if take damage, if the hunter is melee, half of the overall damage is not reducible like shocking exectuion do.
    Summary: if trickster rogue is using stun + shocking execution combo, theres nothing you can do not matter if stuned or not, you'll take full damage, the only chance you have i'ts fight back with stuns, templar wrath is the key.
    If hunter ranger is using plant growth + at-will combo, you as well need to stun and fight back to scare them off.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Yesterday i met an OP facing 5 geared PVP player solo.
    His HP did not get down below 90% i would say. How are we supposed to deal with a class that can negate every kind of damage even being attacked by 5 player :wink:
    Depends on your gear and build and knowhow
  • Options
    bigbaddogiv#5034 bigbaddogiv Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    "You are a healer not a tank, to counter Shocking execution, theres only one way: Hit points, but based on what you say, seems like you are a low lvl player and you are mistaken trickster rogue with hunter ranger maybe.

First of all: Trickster's Shocking Execution: its a daily that ignores all kind of defenses. Theres no possible way to reduce the damage of this skill except absorbing the damage, which tank paladin can do easily with bind of oath encounter.
    Second: Hunter ranger's Plant Growth: this is a high damage encounter that roots you in place for 4 seconds but set you free if take damage, if the hunter is melee, half of the overall damage is not reducible like shocking exectuion do.
    Summary: if trickster rogue is using stun + shocking execution combo, theres nothing you can do not matter if stuned or not, you'll take full damage, the only chance you have i'ts fight back with stuns, templar wrath is the key.
    If hunter ranger is using plant growth + at-will combo, you as well need to stun and fight back to scare them off."

Thank you for the information but just so you know my paladin is level 70 and it was definitely a TR. Not only was he stealthing a lot but his icon was the darker TR one and not the green HR one.
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    1. Stack ur hp over/near 20k or more more more
    2. Put the rouge against ward (forgot the name) on ur head and arm blue slot.
    3. pop Shield of faith as possible as u can all the time
    4. Slot aura of truth
    5. Manage to put ur Shield up
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    "1. Stack ur hp over/near 20k or more more more
    4. Slot aura of truth
    5. Manage to put ur Shield up"

Thank you for the advice. Can you please explain number 2 though. I'm still a fairly fresh level 70 so I have no idea what your talking about.
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

"1. Stack ur hp over/near 20k or more more more

4. Slot aura of truth

5. Manage to put ur Shield up"

Thank you for the advice. Can you please explain number 2 though. I'm still a fairly fresh level 70 so I have no idea what your talking about.

Hes talking about the rogue ward its a stronghold ward that you can put into your overload slots and reduces incoming damage from rogues. They have them for ALL the classes. If you are on Xbox though you can't use them because everyone uses drains so you are forced to use stamina and Ap wards.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

My Paladin's Oath is Devotion. I'm just sitting at my team's point in domination fully healed and fully buffed. Then all of a sudden I'm stunned and a Trickster Rogue is destroying me. I immediately start trying to pop my cleanse but he kills me so fast I don't even have enuff time to activate it. The entire thing was over in about 2 LITERAL seconds. How on earth am I supposed to counter or deal with something like that?...

Listen for SE and move away, anything else from a TR shouldnt be destroying a paladin or even if it does it should be slow, not sudden death type.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

Yesterday i met an OP facing 5 geared PVP player solo.

His HP did not get down below 90% i would say. How are we supposed to deal with a class that can negate every kind of damage even being attacked by 5 player :wink:

Depends on your gear and build and knowhow

You're supposed to be smart thats how. That OP is a 1 trick pony, he can survive, thats it. Kill the rest of his party and out rotate him on the nodes. When clueless people pile on my Paladin in PVP I smile cause I see the match as won. And lemme tell you it takes only 1 wizard with their endless repel to render an "immortal" OP useless.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    some ring can help, like ring of vision.
    the are other rings that activate on combat so they cn be usefull to detect sneaking players

at the end if there is TR you have to be alert all the time.
    smoke can be deadly as you can't deflect or control reduce it. better keep a dodge and watch it coming (TR encounters have long cool time).

execution is tough one. i don't playi guard class so i dont know if it is hard to dodge
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Tbh PVP stays a big disaster and TR is not my biggest concern, since i can defeat that class. What i can't defeat is the new piercing, onerotate combat hunter, who deals 3times more damage in PVP than any other class. No way to defeat caused by crazy selfheal, and no way to evade that piercing madness.
    Another mod to stay away from PVP : :'(
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    His op is devotion, don't have the
    Blinding oath
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    It could have been an interaction bug of some sort. I'm not sure what causes it, but something seem to backfire and deal a small amount of damage, looped, until the paladin dies. I've seen it happens many times; I smack the OP once or twice, and their health just drain away in 1 or 2 seconds.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    "Hes talking about the rogue ward its a stronghold ward that you can put into your overload slots and reduces incoming damage from rogues. They have them for ALL the classes. If you are on Xbox though you can't use them because everyone uses drains so you are forced to use stamina and Ap wards."

Thanks for the explanation.
  • Options
    "Listen for SE and move away, anything else from a TR shouldnt be destroying a paladin or even if it does it should be slow, not sudden death type."

There's a Audio Tell? I'll have to find out what it is so I can follow this advice.
  • Options
    "some ring can help, like ring of vision.
    the are other rings that activate on combat so they cn be usefull to detect sneaking players

at the end if there is TR you have to be alert all the time.
    smoke can be deadly as you can't deflect or control reduce it. better keep a dodge and watch it coming (TR encounters have long cool time).

execution is tough one. i don't playi guard class so i dont know if it is hard to dodge"

Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    "It could have been an interaction bug of some sort. I'm not sure what causes it, but something seem to backfire and deal a small amount of damage, looped, until the paladin dies. I've seen it happens many times; I smack the OP once or twice, and their health just drain away in 1 or 2 seconds."

Thanks for informing me of this but I highly doubt this is what happened. I think it's as many here are saying and I was hit with "Shocking Execution". The circumstances of the engagement are such that if he had it available to use then he probably would have used it.
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Well, with SE, the dmg is taken in one blow.
    What you describe sounded more like a DoT. However, I've been reading up a bit on the OP bug, and it seems that it's double mark from GF/GWF that causes it, but that's on protection OP when they use their tab mechanic and are using aura of courage. No clue if heal OP tab does the same, but I doubt it.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    "Well, with SE, the dmg is taken in one blow.
    What you describe sounded more like a DoT. However, I've been reading up a bit on the OP bug, and it seems that it's double mark from GF/GWF that causes it, but that's on protection OP when they use their tab mechanic and are using aura of courage. No clue if heal OP tab does the same, but I doubt it."

It definitely was not just one blow. Because of fast the entire thing went down it was extremely difficult to see everything he did to me. However, I can confirm that in the roughly 2 seconds it took him to kill me he hit me with more than a couple attacks.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Wear some Tenacity and use PvP Overload Wards.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    clonkyo1 said:

Wear some Tenacity and use PvP Overload Wards.

Tenacity vs Shocking Execution, Shadow of Demise and Shadowy Oportunity (just talking about TRs on this thread) = Useless because any kind of DR, Deflection and Tenacity included, vs Piercing Damage = non existent... you're welcome once again. :smile:
    I know that, thanks for reply.

Then all of a sudden I'm stunned and a Trickster Rogue is destroying me.

But that tip may help you to avoid the stun duration. No stun, no problem.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    Good catch.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    You forgot to mention

Tenacity: Critical Strike Resistance
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

You forgot to mention

I dont think tena reduce it on SE. Some TR can hit solo over 150k SE... I have over 3k tena. If it was reduced then his base hit was 200k?
    Btw I now see deadly SWs, even some non geared, my guild mate who has 2.5k SW said he killed 3.8k GWF. Not sure but its something with generating more sparks than intended.
    200_s.gif
  • Options

You forgot to mention

I dont think tena reduce it on SE. Some TR can hit solo over 150k SE... I have over 3k tena. If it was reduced then his base hit was 200k?
    Btw I now see deadly SWs, even some non geared, my guild mate who has 2.5k SW said he killed 3.8k GWF. Not sure but its something with generating more sparks than intended.
    Soulsparks did not work, last patch they "fixed" it, now giving you endless sparks, not capping at 30 (normally does)

30 sparks give you : 0,32% healing done every 2 seconds = 9,6% healing from max HP every 2 seconds from Borrowed time
    0,5% deflect per spark, 30sparks = 15% deflect from Borrowed time offhand feat
    0,08% lifesteal per spark from sparkmechanic = 2,4% lifesteal max
    0,3% damage per sparks = 9% from burnig soul feature

-->300 sparks give you 96% healing from max HP every 2 seconds, and 90% damageboost,
    150% deflect (not sure if that also is broken) , Lifesteal also may be lifted +24%, but I did not test stuff on preview.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Thanks for clarification. Havent PvP on my warlock since few modules, he is now HB so had no idea about sparks. Seems SW has his '5 minutes' now. ;)

200_s.gif
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    The damage loop from Oath of protection, i manage to test by myself, theres definetly something behind aura of courage and tab, but the one damage loop that i know is agains warlocks with a enchantment that deals % of weapon damage:
    Warlocks deal a ton of little damages, we know it, but most of them are from feats, which doesn't proc % of weapon damage, but warlocks bargrain link damage is considered a encounter damage, so it procs for example feytouched 18% of weapon damage up to 200 times each second.
    So to make a live example: i throw warlocks bargrain to a pala: he reflects 20 damage to me, and warlocks link damage reflect back 1 damage + feytouched's 250 + a feat that deals another 150 damage, so 400 damage * 200 times each second = 80k damage, = pala dead in 2 or 3 seconds.