test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sudden rings on companions! too powerful..

Comments

• owlcat#9823 owlcat Member Posts: 25 Arc User

I will go a step further and say Rank 12s, Legendary gear, and Mythic artifacts are too powerful. Nerf them. The whole discussion leads nowhere. Before it was the LM set, now it is bondings and rings. It goes on and on. I swear some people just want to pay and grind to be weak.

none of these things can give you 18k+ power/def/crit/ls

• greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Some people's kids.. I swear. Quit whining about players being too powerful cause you're too lazy to grind for items.

If you want to whine about the game being too easy then whine that we need harder content. But some of you wouldn't be able to get through it so then you'd whine it's too hard.

Taking away earned rewards to give the illusion of difficulty is the stupidest thing I've heard.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I think what the devs could do is just make it so that only static rings can be used with companions or, like many others have already said, make Companion's Gift respect the cooldowns of Sudden rings.

Sometimes I feel like nothing drives the conversation on these forums as much as envy does. I understand the op, but not so much some who want to kill off one of the most interesting addition to the game in many years. Do we really want to go back to being married to our augments? Bonding runestones create more variety (cheesy Fire Archon armies aside) and they are fantastic for anybody who likes to play multiple classes. I would even argue that bonding runestones are very easy to get with a little bit of determination and frugality.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    can happen with any companion. THE dot thing is not the reason.
    edited September 2016

Some people's kids.. I swear. Quit whining about players being too powerful cause you're too lazy to grind for items.

If you want to whine about the game being too easy then whine that we need harder content. But some of you wouldn't be able to get through it so then you'd whine it's too hard.

Taking away earned rewards to give the illusion of difficulty is the stupidest thing I've heard.

grind for what? these rings are available to everyone for free.. Actually YOU'RE the one that needs to grind for these extremly high stats, not get them for free.

You shouldn't be able to get 18k crit/power/def/ls for doing nothing. These rings are meant to be used by your character so you could get 4k stats from them every 30s, NOT 18k+ every 8s.
    meirami said:

I think what the devs could do is just make it so that only static rings can be used with companions or, like many others have already said, make Companion's Gift respect the cooldowns of Sudden rings.

Sometimes I feel like nothing drives the conversation on these forums as much as envy does. I understand the op, but not so much some who want to kill off one of the most interesting addition to the game in many years. Do we really want to go back to being married to our augments? Bonding runestones create more variety (cheesy Fire Archon armies aside) and they are fantastic for anybody who likes to play multiple classes. I would even argue that bonding runestones are very easy to get with a little bit of determination and frugality.

Lol, envy? wait, what? how?

we are talking about the free rings here, you know, the ones we salvage every week for 3k? not the adorable bites that costs around 3m.

Also, I never said I wanted them to nerf bondings, just to fix these rings so that lazy people won't use to them to gain extremely high stats (for FREE) that they didn't even work for.
    Post edited by owlcat#9823 on
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    And there's another thread stating that rng is disgusting.
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Hm, it looks like i have the only one bugless client in the world. Yesterday I tried ring of sudden deflect on practice targets with fire archon and buff was not 100% uptime. And btw, my owlbear cub seems does not do piercing damage.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • I hope they dont listen to you seriously stop whining, some grind others pay to get that powerful. Doesnt matter your probably just complaining cause your not top paingiver lmao.

Honestly I rather have group that all runs that so I can clear content faster, than waste time.

Honestly I rather have group that all runs that so I can clear content faster, than waste time.

Isn't that one of the reasons for being top of paingiver?
    edited September 2016

I hope they dont listen to you seriously stop whining, some grind others pay to get that powerful. Doesnt matter your probably just complaining cause your not top paingiver lmao.

You're the only one whining here. and you're proud of cheating too.

the top paingiver seems to be the only reason you play the game? well that explains a lot.

Then let me tell you this, I've never used this exploit(and never will) and I almost always get that top paingiver...well.. unless if there was another skilled BiS player, using it(what a shame) in the same party. however, their rank on the chart doesn't count, since they were relying on an exploit to gain "..almost" perma 100%+ crit chance, seventy something k power, etc...

In the end, I actually rely on my skills and hard earned stats(unlike you/them) to deal damage/survive.

(and it's pretty obvious that these rings aren't working as intended, so hopefully they will get fixed)

EDIT:

Hold on..If playing the game the way it's supposed to be played, is a "Waste of time" to you, then why are you playing this? is it seriously.. just for the paingiver chart?? Oookayyyyy.....cuz that's not a waste of time at all! RIGHT?
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

I hope they dont listen to you seriously stop whining, some grind others pay to get that powerful. Doesnt matter your probably just complaining cause your not top paingiver lmao.

You're the only one whining here. and you're proud of cheating too.

the top paingiver seems to be the only reason you play the game? well that explains a lot.

Then let me tell you this, I've never used this exploit(and never will) and I almost always get that top paingiver...well.. unless if there was another skilled BiS player, using it(what a shame) in the same party. however, their rank on the chart doesn't count, since they were relying on an exploit to gain "..almost" perma 100%+ crit chance, seventy something k power, etc...

In the end, I actually rely on my skills and hard earned stats(unlike you/them) to deal damage/survive.

(and it's pretty obvious that these rings aren't working as intended, so hopefully they will get fixed)

EDIT:

Hold on..If playing the game the way it's supposed to be played, is a "Waste of time" to you, then why are you playing this? is it seriously.. just for the paingiver chart?? Oookayyyyy.....cuz that's not a waste of time at all! RIGHT?
    You can get 100% crit and 70k power without sudden rings.

And different people enjoy things in different ways. Stop getting your knickers in a wad because people are different than you. You'll find life is a lot more enjoyable that way.
    edited September 2016
    zibadawa said:

You can get 100% crit and 70k power without sudden rings.

Sure, if you count buffs.
    zibadawa said:

And different people enjoy things in different ways. Stop getting your knickers in a wad because people are different than you. You'll find life is a lot more enjoyable that way.

I asked him, since he said my way of playing the game is a "waste of time" and that reporting an exploit is "whining".. and started his sentence with "I hope they dont listen to you"

So why are you directing this to me?
    edited September 2016

With rank 12s on your toon and rank 12s on your pet with rank 12 Bondings, you get over 100 percent crit.

and the 70k+ power with it? without buffs and sudden rings?

SH boons can give up to 8000 Power and 8000 Defense. Insignias give tremendous amounts of Power too.

With all of that, you still can't get 100% crit chance AND 70k+ power or anywhere close without ANY buffs.

even IF it was possible(it isn't), it would mean you've spent ALOT of time/ad to achieve that.

but with these rings, you can easily get all of that for free. Everyone is extremely overpowered and immortal.
    Yeah, that's not okay.

Yes, if you have insignias, the Barracks boon and a mount for Power, it is quite easy to build for Power. But, of course the UD ring bonuses should not work on pets, but all other rings should. Companion-Only rings are not cheap, especially on Xbox where they only have Adorable and the SH ones. PS4 only has the SH ones, they are horrid.

I have "almost" all of that, It isn't as powerful as these free rings.

and yeah, true. as long as they fix these UD rings then there shouldn't be any problems
    edited September 2016
    Okay. Remember when I said I'll use this? Screw it. I can't use it. Not that it's not working but I have already bought Loyal Avengers. Unless you have +5 UD rings, which only gives you a tidbit more stats. But newbies should take this as an alternative if you stumbled across at least +4 UD rings in your farm sessions before you get a more stable and favored by many, Loyal or Adorable (your choice, I prefer Loyal in my build). Bonding upgrades is still a priority.
    niadan said:

Again the majority of complainers are those that want everything handed to them for free...ie grind is too much...cant earn AD...this game is pay to win...I just turned 70 why can't I get what others have right now...wah...wah...wah. As in life, you get what you put in...so quit complaining and start contributing....join a guild...buy vip...grind your **** off...use ah...but for God's sake quit complaining.

Not an argument.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

I will go a step further and say Rank 12s, Legendary gear, and Mythic artifacts are too powerful. Nerf them. The whole discussion leads nowhere. Before it was the LM set, now it is bondings and rings. It goes on and on. I swear some people just want to pay and grind to be weak.

+1, +1000

I can't understand why ppl are going on about how the 2k IL content is easy when you are 3-3.5k IL geared ???? Wow really, when your rated at 2x the min IL? Of course its easy, it should be, its called character progression.

We should be asking for harder content, not nerfing everything, dragging us all back to where we were at 18 months ago. I didn't spend the last 12 months of grinding to have it all taken away. Stuff that.
    lantern22 said:

+1, +1000

I can't understand why ppl are going on about how the 2k IL content is easy when you are 3-3.5k IL geared ???? Wow really, when your rated at 2x the min IL? Of course its easy, it should be, its called character progression.

We should be asking for harder content, not nerfing everything, dragging us all back to where we were at 18 months ago. I didn't spend the last 12 months of grinding to have it all taken away. Stuff that.

Needed more variety of dungeons then. I can dig it.
    edited September 2016
    lantern22 said:

+1, +1000

I've already explained this many times before, You can scroll up read, because I'm not going to keep typing the same thing over and over again.

Oh! and again.. I'm asking for a fix, not a nerf. learn the difference.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

Oh! and again.. I'm asking for a fix, not a nerf. learn the difference.

A fix implies they are not working as intended. Considering they work exactly as the tooltips suggest, you are asking for a nerf because you don't think they should work that way. I think you need to learn the difference to be honest. The Subject of your post even SAYS you want them nerfed, not fixed. IE "Too Powerful".

Be honest with yourself.

A fix implies they are not working as intended. Considering they work exactly as the tooltips suggest, you are asking for a nerf because you don't think they should work that way. I think you need to learn the difference to be honest. The Subject of your post even SAYS you want them nerfed, not fixed. IE "Too Powerful".

Be honest with yourself.

Yes, they aren't WAI. You're supposed to get 4k stats every 30s from them, not 18k+ with a cd that's less than 10s. I'm not sure why you seem to be having too much trouble understanding this.

The Subject of your post even SAYS you want them nerfed, not fixed. IE "Too Powerful".

Yes, it's too powerful because it's being misused, and I never used the word"nerf" I said "fix" in every post. Because the rings should stay the same, but they shouldn't be usable by companions. do I have to explain why again?
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    4k stats to your companions = wai
    300% of companion to your char = wai
    and they dont have 100% uptime
    And btw u say anyone gets them for free
    i cant recall that my +5 brutality where handed to me when i logged into the game i must have done smth wrong
    edited September 2016
    tom#6998 said:

4k stats to your companions = wai

300% of companion to your char = wai

and they dont have 100% uptime

And btw u say anyone gets them for free

i cant recall that my +5 brutality where handed to me when i logged into the game i must have done smth wrong

Yeah? and where's the 30s cd? Oops..
    (the cd isn't even half 30s)

and most of the players have +4 rings (Or even the +3 ones) since they're very easy to get. And again, the cd isn't wai on them. so there isn't much of a difference.
    edited September 2016
    The rings cooldown resets on players once you leave combat, so it's hard to say that it is not working as intended there. It is at least working consistently. The ring states the effect only applies during combat.

edited September 2016

Suffice to say, I disagree that something is broken here. I'll agree they probably did not consider the sudden rings when they changed the bonding stones, but that is hardly exclusive to those rings (IE other buffs interacting with companions).

I have no trouble understanding that you are asking for a nerf, whether you want to admit it or not. If something is not broken, it is a nerf to request it be reduced in functionality. Is it needed? Maybe.

/exits conversation

So the CD is WAI with bondings? yeah, sure xD keep using them, and believing in that if it makes you feel better.
    You're ignorant.

Edit:

The rings cooldown resets on players once you leave combat, so it's hard to say that it is not working as intended there. It is at least working consistently. The ring states the effect only applies during combat.

what about the long fights?

So the CD is WAI with bondings? yeah, sure xD keep using them, and believing in that if it makes you feel better.
    You're ignorant.

Switching the topic of your discussion from the rings to the bondings, and then calling me ignorant? That is an interesting choice.

If you want to say the bondings are not working as the tooltip lists, I'll 100% agree with you. However, I believe that a developer said that the bondings were working the way they intended them to after the change (can't find the quote though).

Edit:

what about the long fights?
    What about them? Unless the companion gets out of combat somehow (which would be entirely random), the ring stays on cooldown the correct time (as far as I can tell anyways). IF there is a way to get the buff 100% of the time during extended combat, that's not right and should be fixed (I can personally say my pet does not have 100% up time unless I kill things fast).
    edited September 2016

You're ignorant.

Switching the topic of your discussion from the rings to the bondings, and then calling me ignorant? That is an interesting choice.

If you want to say the bondings are not working as the tooltip lists, I'll 100% agree with you. However, I believe that a developer said that the bondings were working the way they intended them to after the change (can't find the quote though).
    I'm not sure what you're trying to get to? and you sound really salty.

I didn't change the topic. but you're trying to, right now

everything I said is clear, bondings are WAI, rings are WAI, however the rings 30s cd isn't WAI if you're using them with the bondings. So that THAT(The cd) needs to be fixed, so it either procs every 30s instead of.. how long was it? 8s? OR make them unusable by your companion.

I'm done talking to you, you're not forced to agree with me, if you enjoy using an exploit then so be it, but you should have at least admitted that something is broken here.

Suffice to say, I disagree that something is broken here. I'll agree they probably did not consider the sudden rings when they changed the bonding stones, but that is hardly exclusive to those rings (IE other buffs interacting with companions).

I have no trouble understanding that you are asking for a nerf, whether you want to admit it or not. If something is not broken, it is a nerf to request it be reduced in functionality. Is it needed? Maybe.

/exits conversation

• btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    oh yes such bad design :P Let's conveniently ignore the fact Rank 12 bondings AND Rank 12 enchantments are going to cost you (hmm gateway down) what over 20 MILLION AD? SO MANY PLAYERS HAVE THEM!! Right. Why not let the people who got to that point enjoy it? Maybe these customers spent real $$, which could be around $400 USD. They deserve it. It's fun. Why do I think these kind of posts come from whiny PVPers all the time?
    edited September 2016

It is not 100 percent uptime. And, the rings do not give you an advantage because of the downtime. There are gaps where you have only the enchantment stats. The Adorable Bites gear is much better.

Maybe you're right, but that doesn't change the fact the it is not WAI.