test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sudden rings on companions! too powerful..

Comments

• owlcat#9823 owlcat Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2016

oh yes such bad design :P Let's conveniently ignore the fact Rank 12 bondings AND Rank 12 enchantments are going to cost you (hmm gateway down) what over 20 MILLION AD? SO MANY PLAYERS HAVE THEM!! Right. Why not let the people who got to that point enjoy it? Maybe these customers spent real $$, which could be around $400 USD. They deserve it. It's fun. Why do I think these kind of posts come from whiny PVPers all the time?

that doesn't change the fact the it is not WAI. (The cd, in case that wasn't clear)
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    The sudden rings last the first 8 seconds of your battle then they die off until the next proc. I didn't think the rising would proc on a companion!

And if they nerf the bondings to 1 R12 @ 95% none will be worth using and augments will come back again. I can't see this happening because of the limited pet use. The way it is now you can use any pet in the game even if it has 2 off and 1 def for a DPS toon. I love the flexibility of the current setup and wouldn't ask a thing to be changed!
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    You can take my rank 12 Bondings, fire archon, and sudden ring from my cold dread fingers....not likely because I do not die easily since I have them. Please take your wine and cheeze somewhere else.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    They dont need to nerf bondings. They dont even really need to prevent pets from using sudden/rising rings. (Although that would be the easier fix) All they really need to do is prevent the rings from being amplified by bondings. They should work at a flat value. Because, I dont think anyone at Cryptic planned on anyone wearing the equivalent of 10.5 rings. (2 worn, 3 on the pet multplied by 2.85)

They dont need to nerf bondings. They dont even really need to prevent pets from using sudden/rising rings. (Although that would be the easier fix) All they really need to do is prevent the rings from being amplified by bondings. They should work at a flat value. Because, I dont think anyone at Cryptic planned on anyone wearing the equivalent of 10.5 rings. (2 worn, 3 on the pet multplied by 2.85)

Finally! someone who actually understands what's going on here, and how it should be fixed.

Thank you.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'm salty, LOL. Re-read posts and see who is insulting people that don't agree (and in some cases, posts that DO agree but you can't understand that). Anyways, ignored.

/agree, though IMO, there are bigger fish to fry in relation to runaway stat levels. These rings are just the FOTM topic.

• ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

everything I said is clear, bondings are WAI, rings are WAI, however the rings 30s cd isn't WAI if you're using them with the bondings. So that THAT(The cd) needs to be fixed, so it either procs every 30s instead of.. how long was it? 8s? OR make them unusable by your companion.

Not sure what's the problem. Do you mean the sudden rings cooldown needs to be fixed to proc every 30 seconds in companions? Or is it the fact that bondings amplify them to 12k per stat? Once the ring is on cooldown, the bondings became useless.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    when u are fighting your ring +5 brutality procs for 10 secs then goes of cooldown for 20 secs so its WAI
    if your companion dies the cooldown resets. Btw thats working the same way in Charakter so i think its WAI.
    The only thing questionable is that it seems that the cooldown resets when u leave combat.
    I dont know where u get ur 8 sec cooldown. Dont just take sharps say for fact (he was only guessing in that thread) better test for yourself befor complaining.

and why the HAMSTER are you changing your opinion every post? 1 time 12k stats are broken
    1 time only the CD is broken (which isnt even broken). dude whats the prob u have?

in terms of making the content to easy:

Go run FBI where the fights take a bit longer u will see the downside of these rings.
    and If you run eLOL or so it doesnt matter anywhay u take down bosses in seconds regardles of UD rings or Avenger or adorable if you have the right group/gear and know hot to play

These 12k on top dont even matter that much when your op and dc boost you to 200k power imo
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

You are not understanding-XBOX and PS4 have to use normal gear for pets. The only companion-only gear they have is the SH junk gear and the rare Adorable gear. So, the OP's idea is horrible.

And you're making the right arguments on the wrong forum.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

I will go a step further and say Rank 12s, Legendary gear, and Mythic artifacts are too powerful. Nerf them. The whole discussion leads nowhere. Before it was the LM set, now it is bondings and rings. It goes on and on. I swear some people just want to pay and grind to be weak.

Honestly, defending broken stuff is bad.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

when u are fighting your ring +5 brutality procs for 10 secs then goes of cooldown for 20 secs so its WAI
    if your companion dies the cooldown resets. Btw thats working the same way in Charakter so i think its WAI.
    The only thing questionable is that it seems that the cooldown resets when u leave combat.
    I dont know where u get ur 8 sec cooldown. Dont just take sharps say for fact (he was only guessing in that thread) better test for yourself befor complaining.

and why the **** are you changing your opinion every post? 1 time 12k stats are broken
    1 time only the CD is broken (which isnt even broken). dude whats the prob u have?

Go run FBI where the fights take a bit longer u will see the downside of these rings.
    and If you run eLOL or so it doesnt matter anywhay u take down bosses in seconds regardles of UD rings or Avenger or adorable if you have the right group/gear and know hot to play

These 12k on top dont even matter that much when your op and dc boost you to 200k power imo

Thanks for clarifying. Now I know why he insists that he's right. It's a better version of Rampaging Madness, just way better and it lets you choose the 3 stats you want most and let your melee companion die often.
    edited September 2016

everything I said is clear, bondings are WAI, rings are WAI, however the rings 30s cd isn't WAI if you're using them with the bondings. So that THAT(The cd) needs to be fixed, so it either procs every 30s instead of.. how long was it? 8s? OR make them unusable by your companion.

Not sure what's the problem. Do you mean the sudden rings cooldown needs to be fixed to proc every 30 seconds in companions? Or is it the fact that bondings amplify them to 12k per stat? Once the ring is on cooldown, the bondings became useless.
    Both, since the cd is broken.

You're supposed to be getting these stats every 30s. not every 8s.

Don't forget that these rings are meant to be used by our characters, and that we have two ring slots for a reason, and that loyal/adorable gear exists for a reason.
    tom#6998 said:

and why the **** are you changing your opinion every post? 1 time 12k stats are broken

See the above + don't forget that companion's gift refreshes every 20s.
    So, without the ring's 30s cd, it isn't WAI.
    tom#6998 said:

Ok, let's ignore the power for now: how about the 30% life steal/30% deflect/30% dr.

Edit: i know it resets when you leave the combat, i'm talking about long fights here.

Again:
    companion's gift refreshes every 20s.
    So, without the ring's 30s cd, it isn't WAI.
    Seems like some people in this thread are REALLY having trouble understanding something that simple, so replaying again to them would be a waste of time.
    Post edited by owlcat#9823 on
    edited September 2016
    I typed a long replay, but it's gone for some reason..?

Anyways, the companions gift refreshes every 20s, so without the rings 30s it isn't working as intended.

If that's hard to understand, then I won't be wasting my time explaining something that simple again.
    The companion gift is refreshing with every attack your comp makes.
    pls stop presenting your guessing as facts
    edited September 2016
    tom#6998 said:

When they reworked the Bonding Stones, they changed the way they work, but didn't change the tooltip. When this hit preview, most people assumed the constant uptime was a bug, because they thought the rework was going to reduce the effectiveness of the stones, not increase it.

I 'believe" a dev said this was the intended effect, that you pet would constantly refresh the buff and you would essentially get it all the time while your pet attacked. I may be mistaken though.

Either way, the bonding stones do not work as their tooltip states, so there is a problem there. Since the stones don't refresh on a 20 second cooldown, this makes the Sudden Rings and Rising Rings able to be used on companions, causing the "issue" in this post (depending which issue is being addressed at any given time - its shifting). If the 20 second cooldown was in play, the Rising/Sudden rings wouldn't be used because you'd rarely get the buff (it would have to be a perfect storm of procs).

tom#6998 said:

When they reworked the Bonding Stones, they changed the way they work, but didn't change the tooltip. When this hit preview, most people assumed the constant uptime was a bug, because they thought the rework was going to reduce the effectiveness of the stones, not increase it.

I 'believe" a dev said this was the intended effect, that you pet would constantly refresh the buff and you would essentially get it all the time while your pet attacked. I may be mistaken though.

Either way, the bonding stones do not work as their tooltip states, so there is a problem there. Since the stones don't refresh on a 20 second cooldown, this makes the Sudden Rings and Rising Rings able to be used on companions, causing the "issue" in this post (depending which issue is being addressed at any given time - its shifting). If the 20 second cooldown was in play, the Rising/Sudden rings wouldn't be used because you'd rarely get the buff (it would have to be a perfect storm of procs).
    I see..

I wasn't 100% sure about what I said, so thanks for clearing that up.
    Why u say they dont work as their tooltip states?
    Theres nothing there witch says that u cant proc it again or that u can only refresh it after 20 secs

and btw very few spells in NW do exactly what their tooltip says cause the tooltips give only few unaccurate informations

In fact wouldnt the rings be even better when buff stays for 20 secs cause the rings proc when comp enters combat
    When he gives u companion gift u will have the sudden ring stats for 20 secs
    edited September 2016
    Let's not make this about the bonding runestones please.

The main issue here is this: the ring's 30s cd doesn't apply on companions for some reason, It's alot shorter than that.

So if someone is using +4 defl and +4 def and +4 LS, That's 30%LS 30% defl 30% DR.. and a very short cd.

They are also able to use another ring of the same type on their character (In this case it's a +3 or a +5)
    Interesting, I stand corrected on the tooltips for the bonding stones - they did update them. My error there I guess.

You can't really keep the bonding stones out of a discussion like this, as they are the main reason you are talking about it. If they didn't pass the buff to the toon, this wouldn't be an issue.

I do think this is being blown a little out of proportion though. The buff lasts 8 (10 at legendary) seconds, and goes on cooldown for 30 seconds right away, which resets when combat ends. If combat ends within 30 seconds, it probably didn't make much of a difference. If it lasts more than 30 seconds, you get the buff again for a short time.

All said, I haven't really noticed a difference using a Brutality ring versus a Avenger ring. I wouldn't be against them fixing it so these rings couldn't transfer to the player at all.
    Making the rings not transfer power would not be a fix cause its wai now.
    Changing it would be a nerf.
    Dont mix these things up.
  • schrehe72schrehe72 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    There is also one thing to mention concerning pets and these ring.
    For characters you can only wear one ring of them at a time. So e.g. not possible to wear 2x Ring of brutality.
    For companions this limit is not existing as far as i know.
    schrehe72 said:

There is also one thing to mention concerning pets and these ring.
    For characters you can only wear one ring of them at a time. So e.g. not possible to wear 2x Ring of brutality.
    For companions this limit is not existing as far as i know.

The companion triggers the ring, and then the companion gets a debuff that prevents it from going again. So while you can equip it on a companion twice, it won't do much good. At best it may refresh the duration, but I am unsure. Most likely you are better off with a different type of ring.
  • knightstalker#2109 knightstalker Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    You people are pathetic all u do is find stuff you think is op. Omg thats so op nerf it, nerf it now quit being a scrub and getting jelous over other people that out dmg you sure they get crazy power for 10 seconds guess what then there back down to normal it doesnt make you op its called Burst damage, everyone has a playstyle find one and play, enough with the nerf <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people throw that word around like its candy guess what I vote to Nerf all you people straight off this forum... play the game and quit whining about everything unless its a real problem like how they straight up broke warlocks in this last update then we can have a discussion thank you have a nice day.

Nerf out.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Jealousy starting another nerf request thread. Pathetic.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Been testing on my leg. Fire archon between avenger ring and ring of sudden precision +4. Basically aggro'ing 3 grps of mobs in wod, laying down a thornword to keep my lifesteal ticking, then letting them beat on me while I watch my critchance go up and down on my sheet. I did this for about an hour. This my main HR btw., with 2xrnk12 bondings, and a regular bonding.

99% of the time, the sudden precision buff fell off just as expected. Once, and just once, it seemed to get stuck on the buff leaving me with a permanent 92% critchance until all the mobs were dead. This seemed to happen when mid-fight, I took off the precision ring on my own toon and replaced it with a medic ring. Not something you can do routinely when it matters, also, when I repeated the switch, I failed to replicate the glitch.

So, I guess it's working as intended, at least on my HR. And I'm sticking with loyal avenger gear.

No idea what my toon is now.