test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extended Maintenance [8/30] - COMPLETE

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Update 10:27AM: Maintenance is complete!

Neverwinter will undergo extended maintenance on 8/30 at 6AM PT for roughly five hours in order to stabilize connections and performance.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    greatly appreciated strum tired of the dcs i have been having
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I guess patches will follow the usual pattern (i.e. n Thursdays). This looks like an extra maintenance specifically targeting stability. Hope it will work as I have experienced quite a number of disconnections recently.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    heimdali#8577 heimdali Member Posts: 8 Arc User

That's all? No game updates/patches?

For the last 7 days the server's been having problems. Where the all the servers went down for what ever reason at the same time. Also you would be playing and out of the blue you would get disconnected many people commented about that in game.

So I would say a extended maintenance is very much so warranted.

• Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Keep us in the loop. Last time this kind of maintenance pops up, it took longer than expected.
  • Options
    banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    ooh god, we are doomed, what should we do in the time !
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Why not do it Thursday or with Thursdays update? I'd rather 7 hours one day instead of down time over 2 days!!
  • Options
    deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    My hope is as it always is that the Options UI gets a fix soon. Several options with dropdowns is click through no matter if you move the window around or re-arrange UI boxes example 'Show Character name' the only one you can select is on mouseover the otehrs you click through it and since it is ontop of Chat tab you end up expanding that and not getting the options you wanted. There are others but can not remember them off the top of my head, as to the five hours downtime well I can get some things done for the day and make up my NvW time later
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    reg1981 said:

Why not do it Thursday or with Thursdays update? I'd rather 7 hours one day instead of down time over 2 days!!

This is (well, was except for being extra-long) the regular maintenance time for both consoles, so it's actually fewer outages overall this way. They can try to address stability now, but we can hope for some much-needed fixes this week as well.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kareenyakareenya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    so when will be back up I'm eastern time here and bored lol
  • Options
    servers up ? its past 6pm here xD
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Still another 45 minutes to scheduled completion
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    elminster said:

6:00am to 11:00am Pacific. (7-12 MT, 8-1 CT, 9-2 ET) Alas, that is still another hour and forty-five minutes away.
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Oops, my bad. Thanks Zebular, math is hard this early in the day :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    elminster said:

Oops, my bad. Thanks Zebular, math is hard this early in the day :)

No worries, I luckily have been intaking a substantial amount of dew and well, been converting from Pacific to Eastern for almost two decades, lol. In the very first MMO I ever played, the server I played on was in California. Ever since, it always seems like whatever game I play, they're on Pacific time. >.<

• Options
    taboom#4443 taboom Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The company keeps shooting themselves in the foot by not having a mirrored test bed to run fixes, patches on first.... getting a tool that can mirror a production server and run tests is not all that difficult the market is full of them. Applying a patch or releasing a mod then sitting back to see the effects is so early 2000's.
  • Options
    nwtgdanwtgda Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Servers are back up and issues "remain"
  • Options
    sig,, game still keeps random freezing on map load, i think i blame windows 10 on it this time, had this never on W7
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    zebular said:

elminster said:

6:00am to 11:00am Pacific. (7-12 MT, 8-1 CT, 9-2 ET) Alas, that is still another hour and forty-five minutes away.
    I suppose that the addition of - COMPLETE to the topic means that we should be able to log in now?
    Because I sure can not. The launcher opens and then it just sits there trying to connect.

• Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Please reboot/start the eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com

Still
    100% packet loss

I have 100 Mbps worldwide; direct connection OR us1.proxy.crypticstudios.com works but 200-400 Ms slideshow.. ***.. completely.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
This discussion has been closed.