test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jarek's AC Righteous PVE MOD 10/MOD 10B Guide (UPDATED on FEBRUARY 1ST 2017)

Comments

• tigole#6905 tigole Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I love this guide, so detailed. Great work!

Was just wondering if it is possible to follow this guide while leveling or if it is endgame only? My DC is lvl 44.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Endgame. Leveling is much easier with DO, and you need high base power to work with this build. Stay with DO until you got minimum 30k BASE power then only you use this build.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    and tanky enough to feel confident to fight within 30' of your dps. If you can't stay within 30' the power you require will be much higher. Bonding pets also helps
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I have a question for you @jeffslider, would you mind testing a few things and posting the results here? (I don't have an ambush drake or know anyone who does, so I have to ask here).

1) What is the ambush drake debuff by itself on dummies (example, 120% effectiveness, lets call the debuff X).
    2) When you have an ambush drake and attack with a terror enchantment, is the effectiveness 100+X+0.04 or (100+X)*1.04?
    3) When you have an ambush drake and attack with a perfect plague fire enchantment, is the effectiveness 100+X+0.09 or is it (100+X)*1.09? The rank perfect is important for the test, if you test with a trans, substitute 1.09 with 1.111 and the 0.09 with 0.111?
    4) When you have 60% RI and the ambush drake applies its debuff to a target with DR with no other debuffs present (example, a Dragon which would have 60% DR, or a Giant in Spinward which would have 32% DR), when you attack the debuffed target, is the effectiveness 100+X, or is it (100+X)*(1-Monster DR)?
    5) When you have less than 60% RI (test with a much lower number if you are willing to help out so its obvious) and you attack a monster with DR that is debuffed by the ambush drake, is the effectiveness 100-Monster DR+Attacker RI+X, or is it 100-Monster DR+Attacker RI+X(Monster DR-Attacker RI).?
    6) I am not sure if you know anyone else with an ambush drake to test this, but if you do, does its debuff stack?

It would be great if you would be willing to do this, I am trying to compile a list of debuffs and how they interact with each other and this is 1 of the ones I haven't tested yet, mainly due to the fact that its nigh on impossible to find someone with it.
  • jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User

I have a question for you @jeffslider, would you mind testing a few things and posting the results here? (I don't have an ambush drake or know anyone who does, so I have to ask here).

1) What is the ambush drake debuff by itself on dummies (example, 120% effectiveness, lets call the debuff X).
    2) When you have an ambush drake and attack with a terror enchantment, is the effectiveness 100+X+0.04 or (100+X)*1.04?
    3) When you have an ambush drake and attack with a perfect plague fire enchantment, is the effectiveness 100+X+0.09 or is it (100+X)*1.09? The rank perfect is important for the test, if you test with a trans, substitute 1.09 with 1.111 and the 0.09 with 0.111?
    4) When you have 60% RI and the ambush drake applies its debuff to a target with DR with no other debuffs present (example, a Dragon which would have 60% DR, or a Giant in Spinward which would have 32% DR), when you attack the debuffed target, is the effectiveness 100+X, or is it (100+X)*(1-Monster DR)?
    5) When you have less than 60% RI (test with a much lower number if you are willing to help out so its obvious) and you attack a monster with DR that is debuffed by the ambush drake, is the effectiveness 100-Monster DR+Attacker RI+X, or is it 100-Monster DR+Attacker RI+X(Monster DR-Attacker RI).?
    6) I am not sure if you know anyone else with an ambush drake to test this, but if you do, does its debuff stack?

It would be great if you would be willing to do this, I am trying to compile a list of debuffs and how they interact with each other and this is 1 of the ones I haven't tested yet, mainly due to the fact that its nigh on impossible to find someone with it.

This has been something I been dying to test for myself, this and the harper bard but I don't possess either. I can't help you there with the specific testing of numbers 2-6 but I can say I was explained too that it indeed is 120% effectiveness. As for stacking, The sellsword is a 10% debuff and it's basically a 'weaker' version of the ambush and the sellsword does stack because I've been in parties and on the test server with at least 2 other people and I'll see x3 for the icon. The best thing I can do is send you to ask @beckylunatic and try to get a hold of @gosia538 as they two people I know possess the ambush drake and I informed @beckylunatic about you wanting to test so they're expecting you at some point to talk to them. (They have it bound)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

This has been something I been dying to test for myself, this and the harper bard but I don't possess either. I can't help you there with the specific testing of numbers 2-6 but I can say I was explained too that it indeed is 120% effectiveness. As for stacking, The sellsword is a 10% debuff and it's basically a 'weaker' version of the ambush and the sellsword does stack because I've been in parties and on the test server with at least 2 other people and I'll see x3 for the icon. The best thing I can do is send you to ask @beckylunatic and try to get a hold of @gosia538 as they two people I know possess the ambush drake and I informed @beckylunatic about you wanting to test so they're expecting you at some point to talk to them. (They have it bound)
    Thanks, that is the last individual debuff that has not been tested and documented.
  • lvillanueva69lvillanueva69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Hello. I'm new to the game, (ps4), just started playing over the weekend. I found this guide on google and was wondering if this was new player friendly for soloing as well?

I've played other MMO's where healers were just basically just healers and did terrible at soloing. My goal is to heal groups at end game, but I would probably level by myself as my friends already have 70s.

edit: I also have one more question, could someone explain to me the differences in the Paragon between DO and AC? That is a bit confusing to me and given that I'm level 28 already, I'll have to choose soon.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I like this build. It is a great support role build. You have healing, buffing, debuffing and group shielding. Good divinity build up and AP regeneration.

The biggest issue I have so far is a lack of recovery on my end.

I am using this setup right now for my solo play as I grind for boons in the various campaigns.

At Wills: Blessing of Battle and Astral Seal

BoB builds up Divinity very quickly for me, 3 attacks and it is max. AS I use on tougher fights for self healing based on my damage to the enemy.

Encounters: Chains of Blazing Light, Forgemaster's Flame / Break the Spirit and Diving Glow

Chain is a great for its control effect and DoT. I go between FF and BtS as FF is used on adds and than I swap it out to BtS for bosses. Diving Glow is a decent heal along with buffing/debuffing and damage. I heard it does not process the weapon, I wish it did as it would be even better.

Divinity - still trying to figure this one out and figure out which moves to use when in Divinity mode. I know I will get it down soon enough.

Empowered - FF or BtS. I mean both are good

Dailies: Flame Strike and Anointed Army

I use Anointed Army a lot when out and about doing heroic encounters. When not doing those I use Flame Strike.

Personals:Anointed Armor and Holy Fervour

This works great for me for solo content. Never really had an issue with this setup. Loving it due to high AC, decent health I have from Dusk Gear, and good DoT and AoE type of damage along with self heals.

As for companions, I use the Mercenary from PS4 heirloom pack or the Wizard you can pick when you get your first free companion. I also picked up the con artist for higher crits.

When I play my support role I swap out the following...

Chains of Blazing Light is replaced by Bastion of Health
    Flame Strike is replaced by Hollow Grounds
    Anointed Armor is replaced by Divine Fortune
    And I keep BtS as a main encounter

If I find the group needs more defense I swap BtS for Astral Shield or if they need more healing I go with Healing Word

Over all I like being a DC AC and like how effective your build is.

Looking at the feats though, I wish the game would allow for more feats, say 5-10 more. Having those could help players have both a support and DPS type builds. If I had 5 more feats I could get a nice increase in my damage or 10 would allow for more damage and crits as well.

I did some testing to see how the Raid vs Restoration Dusk armor impact my character. The restoration Dusk armor decrease my cool downs by an average of 1 second. While the raid Dusk armor set provide me a nice increase to my ignore resistance stat, making me hit harder for solo content. I personally prefer a mixture of both as it provides both armor pen and recovery, though soloing I recommend using the full raid set for quicker burn and going with a full restoration set when playing group content.

I'm still playing around with my character to see which feats work best for me and so far this build is the best build I tested thus far. I would not be surprised if DC is adjusted like other classes due to one build encouraging specific encounters, dailies and personals. Hopefully not as I am really enjoying this build.

Hello. I'm new to the game, (ps4), just started playing over the weekend. I found this guide on google and was wondering if this was new player friendly for soloing as well?

The easiest way to lvl is going full righteous dps and respecing for party play at lvl 70.

I've played other MMO's where healers were just basically just healers and did terrible at soloing. My goal is to heal groups at end game, but I would probably level by myself as my friends already have 70s.

This build will not be great if you want to heal at end game. For that you should consider Faithful at low ilvls. At higher ilvls you have the stats for more healing while doing buffing and debuffing.

edit: I also have one more question, could someone explain to me the differences in the Paragon between DO and AC? That is a bit confusing to me and given that I'm level 28 already, I'll have to choose soon.

AC has some skills for more damage mitigation and power buffing. It's often considered ideal for those who PVP and/or have more than 30K power for the power buffs. DO has more skills for debuffing and more personal dps.

@mebengalsfan, in pve try switching your FF or BtS to Daunting Light. You will crush everything. Targeting isn't that hard in PVE. If stuff isn't going to live use all your divinity on Daunting Light. Longer fights use one divinity on divine glow then rest on Daunting Light. Then drop your fully empowered on Daunting Light.

Also for solo'ing you may find that a tank pet that can hold the agro off of you or take some of the agro will outperform the dps contribution of others unless they are epic or particularly potent dpsrs like the shadow demon.

As for finding your mix of gear. Google "Neverwinter Character Manager", you will find a great tool for figuring out your stat totals before you invest in gear and enchants. You will want your resistence ignored at 40% for all content with this build. 60% for boss fights. In PVE you do not need more than 60%. One option is to get into a guild with the barracks and stable boons. You can stack your resistance ignored to 40% and use the power boon. When you reach bosses, switch to the armor pen boon for extra dps.
  • candadianprincecandadianprince Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Awesome guide, just a few questions, What do you think about using full Drowcraft/elemental drowcraft if you don't have acceess to dragonflight. Also, why is it that most people seem to ignore the beauty of running the lathander set. I can't tell you how many times that combined with rank 8 soulforged gem really saved my bacon in Demogorgon and the mod 8 skirmishes. Incase it is relevant, I am doing this on Xbox not the PC, and my IL is just over 2.6k, and just under 100k health.

Thanks again
    Use what armor you have available, just optimizing your stats accordingly

Not many people take lathander because they are more offensive oriented
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    And you dont need lathander if you have VIP or dont even die.
  • jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

Exactly this
    jazzfong said:

& that. In my eyes as well, I've seen a couple of pure healers(Virt & Faith) go for this set. As Righteous, I just feel if for starters, we're just talking about cloaks, those AP Gain cloaks will give you much better service.

I wanted to comment to update that I'll try to update the guide a minor bit for the next mod, like for the enchantments part for the changes there. Still currently recovering from the Zika Virus and has me feeling weak. I may be on for the new mod but most likely only for 1 hr, almost every day so the window to contact me will be very small.
    @jeffslider I thought you were on vacation, sorry to hear about you being sick. Get some rest ;)
    jazzfong said:

OK, first of all, I am talking about the heal that procs when brought back from death and not the injury immunity, unless there is something about my vip 12 i am not noticing, that doesn't replace that aspect of it; and even if it did, vip costs real money to maintain, some of us don't want to always pay for things in the game. Second, show me a successfull normal mode demogorgon run where no one dies especially in the final phase with that damn beem and the stupid tank isn't tanking near the well.

Now it could be I missread the tool tip, and that 50% is only for me and not the nearby allies then in which case point taken.

putzboy78 said:

Exactly this
    jazzfong said:

& that. In my eyes as well, I've seen a couple of pure healers(Virt & Faith) go for this set. As Righteous, I just feel if for starters, we're just talking about cloaks, those AP Gain cloaks will give you much better service.

I wanted to comment to update that I'll try to update the guide a minor bit for the next mod, like for the enchantments part for the changes there. Still currently recovering from the Zika Virus and has me feeling weak. I may be on for the new mod but most likely only for 1 hr, almost every day so the window to contact me will be very small.
    Hey man, sorry to hear about your health, even a hardcore gamer like me with a daily regiment of eat sleep bathroom play neverwinter, would even say personal health above the game. Thanks for your help, as I commented to that commenter, the main reason I have for lath set is the heal bonus, I find that really handy during phase 3 of reg demogorgon when the stupid tank doesn't tank near the sanity well. Even at 100k hp plus, that stupid beam one shots me. Right now all I run are normal demogorgon, and the two skirmishes that came with that mod, and after running that stupid thing daily since Feb I may have seen a tank do it near a well at most three times. Still can't run epic t2 or epic demo yet, so maybe I will change my tune when I get into those, but for now I really love that heal it gives.

jazzfong said:

OK, first of all, I am talking about the heal that procs when brought back from death and not the injury immunity, unless there is something about my vip 12 i am not noticing, that doesn't replace that aspect of it; and even if it did, vip costs real money to maintain, some of us don't want to always pay for things in the game. Second, show me a successfull normal mode demogorgon run where no one dies especially in the final phase with that damn beem and the stupid tank isn't tanking near the well.

Now it could be I missread the tool tip, and that 50% is only for me and not the nearby allies then in which case point taken.
    I think the point was that the value is diminished by VIP not replaced. Either way, people die. You can make whatever you want but Jareks build is focused on buff/debuff. He's not focused on healing which is why he isn't using a healing arti-set. If your a right DC, you don't need to take ownership or feel responsibility for the death of others. That's what healers are for. At least that's my approach, if a healer is needed, bring one. I'm here to make sure the boss melts fast.

putzboy78 said:

jazzfong said:

I think the point was that the value is diminished by VIP not replaced. Either way, people die. You can make whatever you want but Jareks build is focused on buff/debuff. He's not focused on healing which is why he isn't using a healing arti-set. If your a right DC, you don't need to take ownership or feel responsibility for the death of others. That's what healers are for. At least that's my approach, if a healer is needed, bring one. I'm here to make sure the boss melts fast.

Hello, I see your point. The main reason I have for it is for the 50% restoration for me. The 50% for others is just the cherry on top. Maybe I just need to keep getting the boons and hope that when I am in epic mode the tanks get their heads on straight and tank the boss near the wells. Also, if anybody is currious, at least on xbox one, the soulforged gem does proc that heal. If that stupid beam didn't one shot me every time, I would get rid of the set.
    i stay on the well. It's up to the tank if they want my help killing edemo
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    I do not think the Lathander set is a worthwhile investment for ANY DC regardless of build. For starters, half of the artifact set bonuses is made null by VIP (no injuries) and the other half of the artifact set bonus REQUIRES you to die and then either soulforge or be revived by a teammate to activate. Which means that the artifact set bonus has a VERY limited uptime and relies on what I would consider to be a pretty pessimistic attitude towards how successful you will be as a DC. The bonus AC on the cloak is irrelevant at end game levels as you can easily reach the 80% DR cap without it making the AP gain cloaks more appealing. The belt has decent ability score stats with Wis and Cha but those have only a minor impact on overall performance, not to mention the belt is arguably outperformed by the greater imperial waistband and the greater belt of wisdom. The eye of lathander has a pretty nifty clutch active ability be in able to instantly revice an ally BUT again this relies on the pessimistic attitude that someone is going to die and there are many other artifacts that have a great deal more utility and more frequent usefulness. Also on the eye artifact I would argue that lifesteal is largely made irelevant for a DC if you take Astral Seal with you.

Now sure an argument can be made for the artifact set being useful while playing with (and as) undergeared players bur the whole point of an artifact set is to have items you can invest AD and RP in over time to make them more worthwhile with the objective being that once fully upgraded, these items would be the best choice for their given gear slot. As such, using the Lathander set as a temporary solution is both a waste of AD and RP as it will be made completely irrelevant and outclassed by othee choices by the time end game levels are reached.

As with all things, use it if you want to and if it's fun for you as THAT is the ultimate goal of the game, to have fun. Just also understand that sometimes, just because it's fun, that doesn't mean it's the most efficient and optimal choice and be willing to understand and admit when that is the case.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
    putzboy78 said:

Hi, after thinking about what you said in the last post I responded to, I realized you had a very valid point, I am not a healer, so I shouldn't go out of my way to heal people. My primmary concern should be buffs/debuffs. I immediately replaced the Artifcat for that set with the red dragon artifact that came for free with the dragonborn pack, and as soon as i get enough AD, I am going to get the imperial belt and cloak the OP suggested.

btw my rotation is now what i would call an AC equivellant of the DO rotation you posted on the topic
    most indemand endgame DC build. So thanks for that also.

Take care

putzboy78 said:

Hi, after thinking about what you said in the last post I responded to, I realized you had a very valid point, I am not a healer, so I shouldn't go out of my way to heal people. My primmary concern should be buffs/debuffs. I immediately replaced the Artifcat for that set with the red dragon artifact that came for free with the dragonborn pack, and as soon as i get enough AD, I am going to get the imperial belt and cloak the OP suggested.

btw my rotation is now what i would call an AC equivellant of the DO rotation you posted on the topic
    most indemand endgame DC build. So thanks for that also.

Take care
    good for you :)

You can't optimize your buff/debuff if your busy trying to heal/save the world. When people say LFxM Healer, they don't mean us. I can live with that, everyone has their niche

I do not think the Lathander set is a worthwhile investment for ANY DC regardless of build. For starters, half of the artifact set bonuses is made null by VIP (no injuries) and the other half of the artifact set bonus REQUIRES you to die and then either soulforge or be revived by a teammate to activate. Which means that the artifact set bonus has a VERY limited uptime and relies on what I would consider to be a pretty pessimistic attitude towards how successful you will be as a DC. The bonus AC on the cloak is irrelevant at end game levels as you can easily reach the 80% DR cap without it making the AP gain cloaks more appealing. The belt has decent ability score stats with Wis and Cha but those have only a minor impact on overall performance, not to mention the belt is arguably outperformed by the greater imperial waistband and the greater belt of wisdom. The eye of lathander has a pretty nifty clutch active ability be in able to instantly revice an ally BUT again this relies on the pessimistic attitude that someone is going to die and there are many other artifacts that have a great deal more utility and more frequent usefulness. Also on the eye artifact I would argue that lifesteal is largely made irelevant for a DC if you take Astral Seal with you.

Now sure an argument can be made for the artifact set being useful while playing with (and as) undergeared players bur the whole point of an artifact set is to have items you can invest AD and RP in over time to make them more worthwhile with the objective being that once fully upgraded, these items would be the best choice for their given gear slot. As such, using the Lathander set as a temporary solution is both a waste of AD and RP as it will be made completely irrelevant and outclassed by othee choices by the time end game levels are reached.

As with all things, use it if you want to and if it's fun for you as THAT is the ultimate goal of the game, to have fun. Just also understand that sometimes, just because it's fun, that doesn't mean it's the most efficient and optimal choice and be willing to understand and admit when that is the case.

lol I really wish you had posted this earlier. Along with this post and the post @putzboy78 gave me. I have abandoned the lathander set and am working to get the cloak and belt that the OP suggested. The Lathander artifact is being replaced by the free artifact that came with the dragonborn pack. I will probably replace that one with one of the artifacts mentioned in the guide, but otherwise I now have the 3 sigills suggested as purple as well. I wouldn't consider 2.6k with rank 8 or better enchantments in all available slots undergeared, so I will now shift my focus to the cloak and waist, and maybe rank 10 enchantments.

Thanks for the help

• mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User

lol I really wish you had posted this earlier. Along with this post and the post putzboy78 gave me.

[...]

Hehe hey man it was a lesson I learned the hard way too. Most of the stuff the DC community has found out has come from just a long series of trial and error. But it's only through sharing our trials and errors (and the logic/explanations behind them) that we will be able to improve the DC community as a whole. Hell, just yesterday i read through putz's guide and he turned me on to the idea of using a Shadow Demon as a companion instead of a Lillend due to the rather substantial amount of damage the Shadow Demon can put out. I still haven't picked one up for myself just cause they're a bit pricey on Xbox right now for my tastes. But that's just the most recent example of how these guys have altered my DC perspective. There has been many other instances and I"m sure there will be more down the road.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy

lol I really wish you had posted this earlier. Along with this post and the post putzboy78 gave me.

[...]

Hehe hey man it was a lesson I learned the hard way too. Most of the stuff the DC community has found out has come from just a long series of trial and error. But it's only through sharing our trials and errors (and the logic/explanations behind them) that we will be able to improve the DC community as a whole. Hell, just yesterday i read through putz's guide and he turned me on to the idea of using a Shadow Demon as a companion instead of a Lillend due to the rather substantial amount of damage the Shadow Demon can put out. I still haven't picked one up for myself just cause they're a bit pricey on Xbox right now for my tastes. But that's just the most recent example of how these guys have altered my DC perspective. There has been many other instances and I"m sure there will be more down the road.
    well if you ever see speedy when running, say hi. Speedy was the name I used when I created my cleric as a haste machine. Now, it isn't as fun, so I went to righteous. I am a little cheap with my AD which is why I kept the lath set which I actually managed to get as a drop. I did pick up the imperial cloak and belt today and I am really happy with them so far.

Take care.
    In Mod 6 I had the imperial set, which is crp. Had to re-level the lol set to replace it. Expensive lesson and yet only one of many.
    Ok, after fooling around with this path for a little bit, I am really regretting spending the money to respec. I don't know what it is, but I just don't feel like I am carrying my weight. I really don't want to delete this char as it would be a significant waste of money, but I may have no choice unless someone can make some recommendations for me. I read you are supposed to have a base power of 30k, but I don't see how that number is even possible to achieve. Unless you have perfect everything and every single boon that deals with power, even then I don't think 30k is possible. I think I am going to go back to virt or maybe try faithful next. Damn all you whinny little buttholes who complained about bubble paladin, damn you all to hell.
  • lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    Can someone tell me if the stronghold power boon is counted as base power or not ?
    If yes, 30k is easily reachable
    If not, I think it's still possible, full radiant r12, 4 +1000power artifact, 4 set pieces with max power, base power ring, power insignias, and you should be good.

Can someone tell me if the stronghold power boon is counted as base power or not ?
    If yes, 30k is easily reachable
    If not, I think it's still possible, full radiant r12, 4 +1000power artifact, 4 set pieces with max power, base power ring, power insignias, and you should be good.

ok, correct me if I am wrong, but it is BASE power. That to me means no special buffs, so maybe just boons, radiant 12, 4 artifacts and basic stats of gear. It would almost seem like it is better to stack crit then power. Too bad it doesnt work with that weapons of light feat.