test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Storm King's Thunder Preview Patch Notes: NW.65.20160801c.3

Comments

• Options
    alewarrior99alewarrior99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    @whitestarua Strumslinger (andy) said that.
  • Options
    stryder#3153 stryder Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    2 suggestions; to increase pvp intrest have 2 builds that you can switch 1 for PvE and 1 for pvp. Also making bags account bound would be greatly appreciated, I have 3 bags in inventory that I cannot sell or discard.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    "They will look into it" that's what I read
    But how fast this will happen,who knows.
    Some classes waited for 2years to get small fixes.
  • Options
    playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

@clonkyo1
    free "artifact feeders"?

OK, I got it. I completely forgot about alts.

Well, that way ("blood ravenskull" and "Banners" artifacts if you released them) is a bit old and non worthy right now for 2 simple reasons:

- the high amount of ways to obtain RP on the game, alt armies not included. Don't belive me? run [Sharandar, Dread ring daily and weekly missions and run Wheel of dragons' heralds for 6 times per day] with your main and 1 alt ( the alt on WoD is to allow that alt get WoD currencies too. :tongue: ) .

- The amount of "reagents" (read it as "marks of potency" and "preservation wards" over Epic level) used in the process.

It's correct that using the "old way" it gets like +20 leves (i dont remember the exact amount, sorry) while refining one artifact into another artifact of the same kind when one of them reachs level 60... but, as i said, reaching level 60 on that first artifact, a player needs to spend RP AND reagents... making the process, imho, non worthty.

So, the other options left here (IMO, you can always show me more, ofc) , as yourself stated, is gear "alts"; and mine too: Allow newcomers to access more easely into PvP domination with decent gear and SH coffer payments.
    Banners still useful; ravenskull too; use them in pvp a lot and after all the glory you accumulate over time still good to use for rp into other artifacts on 2x refinement days whenever you get enough. You still come out way ahead even after reagents assuming you used the same type of artifact.
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    I have question about Mod10 changes to DC Power buff (Weapons of Light).
    Here is a topic, where people tested what iw working and what is not with WoL:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1218468/mod-10-dc-changes/p1
    Can you confirm that all of this is Working as Intended?
    It seems not be OK, since some Insignia bonuses works, while others do not.
    Please check this thread.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

@clonkyo1
    free "artifact feeders"?

OK, I got it. I completely forgot about alts.

Well, that way ("blood ravenskull" and "Banners" artifacts if you released them) is a bit old and non worthy right now for 2 simple reasons:

- the high amount of ways to obtain RP on the game, alt armies not included. Don't belive me? run [Sharandar, Dread ring daily and weekly missions and run Wheel of dragons' heralds for 6 times per day] with your main and 1 alt ( the alt on WoD is to allow that alt get WoD currencies too. :tongue: ) .

- The amount of "reagents" (read it as "marks of potency" and "preservation wards" over Epic level) used in the process.

It's correct that using the "old way" it gets like +20 leves (i dont remember the exact amount, sorry) while refining one artifact into another artifact of the same kind when one of them reachs level 60... but, as i said, reaching level 60 on that first artifact, a player needs to spend RP AND reagents... making the process, imho, non worthty.

So, the other options left here (IMO, you can always show me more, ofc) , as yourself stated, is gear "alts"; and mine too: Allow newcomers to access more easely into PvP domination with decent gear and SH coffer payments.
    @panderus What about Zen Store?
    @clonkyo1 What do you think?
    Rimuru?
    Dead πŸ”ͺ
  • Options
    doublea2014doublea2014 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    please add the orcus set to lol trader so we can exchange in lol set for orcus set, or increase the drop rate already please ty
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer

2 suggestions; to increase pvp intrest have 2 builds that you can switch 1 for PvE and 1 for pvp. Also making bags account bound would be greatly appreciated, I have 3 bags in inventory that I cannot sell or discard.

That's an interesting idea... *twiddles fingers menacingly*
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    panderus said:

i always liked pandas
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    panderus said:

Look here, Mr. Panda. Don't tease us unless you plan to please us...

EDIT: And if you're hinting at what I think you are...do this. Instead of thinking small and giving everyone 2 builds you can switch between, think bigger.

Give everyone a second load out for free, because it's the right thing to do. Sell additional loadout slots for $10/each per character. Everyone wins. Players get what they've been wanting for a long time (and more of it if they want to spend money). You get a Merry Christmas and can buy your little pandas lots of new Avengers action figures.

It's a win:win.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Does the Pandaman think PvP/PvE build templates or BoA bags are interesting?

Both?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

Does the Pandaman think PvP/PvE build templates or BoA bags are interesting?

Both?

If he's only talking about BoA bags, it'll be the happiest disappointment ever. :s
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    panderus said:

That idea is 10 mods old... We have been screaming for dual specs now for ages... Its really HAMSTER that you have to pick one build for both PvP and PvE and its the worst when the best PvP build is also the worst PvE build as Opressor CW for example. This is one of the bigger reasons PvP is dead because people are forced to go there with their PvE builds and have no chance to win.

▁ β–‚ β–„ β–… β–† β–‡ β–ˆ Gankdalf The Icehole β–ˆ β–‡ β–† β–… β–„ β–‚ ▁

• Options
    pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User

This would also increase interest overall with the game as Support role classes (tank, heals, buff) could have one build to support their team and one build for solo DPS when doing solo content. Win Win win.
  • Options
    I'd buy a few, even without PvP. I'd have a PvE solo build, PvE AOE build, PvE Single Target Build, PvE Support build...
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    doublea2014doublea2014 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    make artifacts like mounts the go into a limbo so you can choose it when you need it instead of taking up bag space, please
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Wouldn't it be easier to have a PvP Server? This would remove the Balancing act to fit both PVE/PVP. You can redesign maps, gear, and class feats to fit each respective server. :*
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Dual spec, yes a 100% improvent but... not wanted ... and there are people who will pick arguments against it
    I decided to stay out PVP, and there is no way to enjoy any match with some classes running a PVE glass cannon build with an underperforming class
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @amenar since it seems the class specific feedback threads have been closed, I am reporting these SW bugs here:

Bug: Skills Benefiting Twice from Buffs.

Tyrannical Curse and possibly Soul Scorch are benefiting twice from buffs and as a result you see them hitting for far more than intended. With TC, you will hit the main target for example for 100k in a buff party on preview and then TT will hit the surrounding targets for greater than 15k.

Bug: TC Mechanics.

Tyrannical Curse's debuffs seems to be scaling off of dps or buffs and is not fixed at 20% and is instead fluctuating at values greater than 20%. To test this, you will actually need to have stats on your SW and maybe have some buffs like hallowed ground. Furthermore, the debuff only applies to the initial hit of TC and not all hits that are subsequently dealt by TC.

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

Dual spec should just be for PVE, support/DPS and single target/AoE. Boons, artifacts, Ability scores and things like that are what make PVP toons so weak in PVE. A PVP/PVE dual spec would require an option for a whole rebuilding of a toon from the ground up. Not sure it is feasible.

Um, changing gear takes seconds, and it is free if you have the gear. Changing your spec from a pve to a pvp spec costs a respec token (300k AD) and takes as long as it takes to click all the buttons (5+ minutes). So, having dual spec on powers/feats and boons is all that is needed. How can you be advocating to limit that to pve only? Like seriously, think it through.

And, any player no matter their gear is going to have a better chance in pvp if they have the correct spec. Yes, if they are missing tenacity they will have a bad time, but tenacity is 145 trade bars away in mod 10 for 2 pieces and the other items will be from the zen store and thus on the AH.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    valwryn said:

Wouldn't it be easier to have a PvP Server? This would remove the Balancing act to fit both PVE/PVP. You can redesign maps, gear, and class feats to fit each respective server. :*

That server would be almost EMPTY... -.- and just get us less system resources for live and add to lag. Please.. think (and know something about what you are commenting on) before you suggest something.
    β€œImprovise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    Anyone stating that dual spec is not needed probably run a dps toon or a heavily geared support toon. For new support toons many choose between A: not being able to heal or tank in dungeons but manage solo content well. Or they go B: great heal or tanking but slowly tickle mobs in solo campaign stuff. But having two specs to choose from (change anytime, not only pvp or pve) would fix that.

In addition it would make more diversity as you would no longer be forced into one spec all the time.
  • Options
    valnoledvalnoled Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    And would you please make all videos in dungeons skipable? That's so annoying to watch them again and again
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Someone mentioned that enchant drops from Salvager enchants are BtC on preview. Can anyone else confirm this, and if so, is it an undocumented intended change or a bug?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Question for the Devs: I'm currently one task away from completing Masterwork Leatherworking. Should I be freaking out because the preview shard resets my quest to the beginning and says sorry for any inconvenience? That would be a spectacularly annoying and expensive thing to have happen to me and anyone else who is actually working on masterwork stuff to have their quest reset and lose all progression after mats have already been turned in to the artisan.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

This discussion has been closed.